PDA

View Full Version : CS350i

smperkin
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi: Picked up a Command Start 350i at Visions and I thought I could save a hundred bucks by installing it myself. Bad idea. Got the unit installed(no door locks or trunk popper but's that a different story) but I cannot get it to go in or out of valet mode. It started perfectly for a week and then today all I get is the ignition switching on but not starter action and then the ignition switches off. It does not respond to the push button switch. What to do?

Martin.

Strugari
05-09-2005, 07:15 AM
What kind of vehicle do you have?
It may be a bypass issue.

smperkin
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi:

It's a 91 Caprice. I noticed last night about 11 that the flashing LED went out. It started fine this morning when I left home but when I tried to restart the LED was flashing. Turning on the ignition and holding the button down for five seconds as stated in the manual doesn't work.

Thanks,
Martin.

Strugari
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Make sure the yellow wire of the 20 pin harness is connected to an accessory wire (Orange or Brown) at the ignition.
The unit has to see this feed before the Valet switch will work.

smperkin
05-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi:

Thanks for your input.

I believe I hooked the 20 wire directly to one of the 12v constant red wires. I'll move it to the orange accessory wire and see what happens.

A little busy right now but I'll try to get back to you by the weekend.

Thanks again,
Martin.

smperkin
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi:

I was wrong. The yellow wire(5) is connected to the orange accessory wire. The red wire(10) is connected to 12v constant.

Still having the same problem. No parking light flashes anymore. Press the Lock button and the relay in the module clicks once. LED out. Press Unlock button and relay clicks twice. LED starts flashing. Press trunk button and no click. Press Start button and ignition turns on, relay clicks, chime dings four times and then everything shuts down.

Weird?

Martin.

Strugari
05-11-2005, 07:54 AM
There might be a fuse problem. Check both fuses. The lights and starter are on one fuse circuit.
Check all the wiring with a meter to be sure.
The flashing LED is the passive arming of the starter kill. This can be turned off in the programming.:thumbsup:

smperkin
05-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi:

Thanks again. I'll recheck all the wiring and get back to you.

Martin.