PDA

View Full Version : I work at RACE CITY

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey, I was talken to Mel, and she said you peeps to alot of stuff at Race City, well I work there, the starter on the Oval, anyways, if there is a need for Track rentals, let me know and I can call and see what kinda deals I can get.

VTEC_Junkie
01-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Do you work at the new saturn dealership in crowfoot? I always see a type R there with an acura badge on the windshield.

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 01:19 PM
ya that me.

kaput
01-11-2003, 01:35 PM

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Well, first of all, I am not a big saturn fan my self, the only reason I got the job is because the General Manager is a personal family friend and seeing how I lost my job, he hired me instantly. I know we will be looken for more people as time goes on, maybe drop off a Resume with the General Manager, Paul Johnson. Right now we have a complete idiot in the detail bay, so I am thinken he not going to be around much longer. As for what I do there, I am apprenticing to become a mechanic. I am starting my second year pretty soon, so it is goin pretty good. Oh and for the record, I used to work for Acura, so I have contacts there too, in parts, service and sales. But as for a job, just stop in and drop off a resume, I am sure something will pop up soon.

kaput
01-11-2003, 01:48 PM

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Well, at saturn, I have to work for a year before I can go back to school, cause they don't want to have things happen like what wana do. I personally get paid about $16.50 an hour. You can go to a lube shop and make some good coin there too. I worked for Lube City before, and if you sell shit like I could, well let me say, there were some months I was maken over 13.00 an hour. just make sure you offer and you sell, then you can make good money.

Dave P
01-11-2003, 01:58 PM
I volunteer at race city as well.

I am a corner marshal for the when the bikes race on the road course.

Its pretty tight

DAVE P

4wheeldrift
01-11-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm usually a participant, though I want to do flagging for the road racers this year. Last couple years the time has been just too difficult to find.

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Jim Trahan is the flag guy for the Road Course. He is a pretty stuborn guy, I really don't like him. I am normally at the Road Course races cause my buddy races a type r, Rick Chandler. Fast ass integra.

VTEC_Junkie
01-11-2003, 04:41 PM
yeah I think I know who you are integra type R ha ha ha

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 05:04 PM
you know who I am??? So who are you???

VTEC_Junkie
01-11-2003, 05:17 PM
What goes around comes around!!!! just remember that ok? ha ha ha :rofl: :rofl:

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 05:21 PM
What the hell, who are you?? I don't know what the hell is goin on, what did I do??? or is there something that I did do?

Blue Devil 2
01-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by VTEC_Junkie
What goes around comes around!!!! just remember that ok? ha ha ha :rofl: :rofl:

anal probing?

FiveFreshFish
01-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Integra Type R
Jim Trahan is the flag guy for the Road Course. He is a pretty stuborn guy, I really don't like him. I am normally at the Road Course races cause my buddy races a type r, Rick Chandler. Fast ass integra.

Does Rick still work at Silverhill Acura?

VTEC_Junkie
01-11-2003, 05:24 PM
The past always catches up to you!

Integra Type R
01-11-2003, 05:26 PM
And Rick is still at Silverhill, I think he is a lifer there. I was actually there two days ago and sales are slower than ever. He sold his yellow type r but still has the Red one.

FiveFreshFish
01-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Cool. I was looking at the '01 TL-S about 18 months ago but they didn't have any to test drive at all. MDXs were even harder to find at that time.

kaput
01-11-2003, 11:35 PM

Integra Type R
01-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Beemer is there, not ready yet, but they should be ready soon!!

kaput
01-12-2003, 02:08 PM

2.2vtec
01-12-2003, 02:29 PM
And Rick is still at Silverhill, I think he is a lifer there. I was actually there two days ago and sales are slower than ever. He sold his yellow type r but still has the Red one.

RED type R??? custom paint?:dunno:

Integra Type R
01-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Oh, it is actually an RS, had everything to do with suspension, engine and really anything to do with the car changed over to TYPE R, has over 60grand into it. The body is white, just ground skirts are red. Looks really good, I am doin the same but in a metalic blue.

frostyda9
01-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Oh, it is actually an RS, had everything to do with suspension, engine and really anything to do with the car changed over to TYPE R, has over 60grand into it. The body is white, just ground skirts are red. Looks really good, I am doin the same but in a metalic blue.

Over $60,000? That's unreal. And it's still not a real type R :nut:
I figure for about $25k my teg could be pretty well done-to- the- tits.

Integra Type R
01-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, SPOON has alot to do with it, everything to do with it is SPOON. Plus he has full racing suspension, sway bars, and well the list goes on.

4wheeldrift
01-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Well, SPOON has alot to do with it, everything to do with it is SPOON. Plus he has full racing suspension, sway bars, and well the list goes on. Unless he cut the floorpan out of a real type R, he still doesn't have the whole package unfortunately. Real Type Rs have a different (ie much stiffer) chassis than a regular one does because of alterations to the subframes and floorpan.

frostyda9
01-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Integra Type R do you have a pic you could post of this beast?

2.2vtec
01-14-2003, 07:00 PM

YOur doing the same?? buying a rs and switching it over?? That's just stupid. Why not just buy a real type r and go from there?:banghead: :banghead:

Melinda
01-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

YOur doing the same?? buying a rs and switching it over?? That's just stupid. Why not just buy a real type r and go from there?:banghead: :banghead:
Uhh he has a real type R, i think he was reffering to the body work...

Mel

Integra Type R
01-14-2003, 07:09 PM
His chassis has been modified with a roll cage, and his RS is more stable then his Type R was. And my car is a true Type R!!!

2.2vtec
01-14-2003, 07:20 PM
So why would you do a blue one if you have a "true type r"??

shadowz
01-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Isnt Rick Chandlers LS the BOSS EDITION??

Integra Type R
01-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Boss Edition is only something Rick started as a customizing deal. They would do things like skirt kit, headers, intake and just small things to the car and slap a sticker on it and call it a boss edition car.

Voodoo Child
01-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Integra Type R what has been done, if anything to your car?

Most of us know that Rick's cars are fu*#ing fast, I mean the guy did come second only to Mr. Spoon himself this past summer at the Vancouver Molson Indy evet!

Rick's cars are built for endurance and are limited as to what he can do because of racing regulations. Don't get me wrong, his is fast.....but there are going to be a few around here that are faster! ;)
Props to a bad ass driver though.....:thumbsup: