PDA

View Full Version : SolidWorks Operator

euro tang
05-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Is anybody here a SolidWorks operator? Are there any courses available for this software? I’m interested in working with this program as a profession.

Seanith
05-10-2005, 05:37 PM
In engineering i've had some experience with solidworks. I don't know of any courses that delve deeper into it though.. maybe something at SAIT?

Chimaera
05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Sait has introductory programs at night and/or on weekends. I found the best way to learn the program is just to use it at home. Theres so many functions it probably wouldn't be possible to learn it straight out in a class or 2. There should be a few bootlegged copies floating around of the student edition.

kaput
05-25-2005, 12:47 PM

Chimaera
05-25-2005, 02:23 PM
I agree, best way to learn it is to just fiddle around in your spare time. There are Solidworks operator jobs, though not that many. Rather learn Autocad and Solidworks rather than Solidworks only.

GSR Zero
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
There are a few companies around town that give Solidworks classes. Its given by a certified Solidworks teacher. You also get certificates after you have completed each section. Mind you, most of the people who attend are sent by their companies because its not a cheap course to take. But I have heard of people taking it on their own. Check out Automated Design Systems (ADS). They are on 17th by the Stampede Grounds. www.automated-design.ca

BTW, great choice with Solidworks. I used to design tooling with AutoCAD 2004. What a huge difference solidworks makes. I find it is much easier to use than other 3D modeling programs like Pro Engineer.