PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: PS2 Users/Owners- PS3 Info! Must Read

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:00 PM
OMG! The release date is supposed to be set around 2004-05. Supposed to have 1,000 times the performance (graphics,etc).
The Design: http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3vis.jpg

Go here for the news and updates about this amazing system- http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ . XBOX and Gamecube wont have a chance in hell when this bad boy comes out! (not like they have ever had a chance against PS2 anyway). Can anyone say OWNED? :thumbsup: :clap: :bigpimp: :poosie: I can't wait for this!

Peace, Civic Boi.

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR
OMG! The release date is supposed to be set around 2004-05. Supposed to have 1,000 times the performance (graphics,etc).
The Design: http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ps3vis.jpg

Go here for the news and updates about this amazing system- http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/ . XBOX and Gamecube wont have a chance in hell when this bad boy comes out! (not like they have ever had a chance against PS2 anyway). Can anyone say OWNED? :thumbsup: :clap: :bigpimp: :poosie: I can't wait for this!

Peace, Civic Boi.

Considering the Xbox and GameCube aren't even in competition with the PS3 at all. Xbox 2 (or Xbox Next) will be the competition.

Besides, Xbox and GC kill PS2's specs in everyway. PS2 has the game library, too bad the only game's worth buying on that system is Gran Turismo 3, GTA3 and SOCOM -- All the rest are mediocre games. By the time PS3 comes out, the GTA license won't be a Sony Exclusive anymore (Runs out in 2004).

GameCube is alright, but aimed towards younger gamers, but still has Metroid Prime -- Game of the Year Award from many publications. When Zelda comes out, sales will rise dramatically.

Xbox is by far the best bang for your buck right now. Lots of exclusives, built in hard drive, Xbox Live (Unified Online Gaming) etc. etc.

Toms-Celica
01-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Hahaha, I hate XBox, what a peice...You say that the specs are better in everyway? Every company (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) use a different scale to rate their systems. I got the PS2 because of the games out there, it has the most support and will always be around as it is supported by Sony. I have a gut feeling that XBox will turn into the next 3DO. PS2 also has no monthly fees for online gaming, has a built in DVD player and dosent look like a UFO (hehe). To each their own thoe...

lammer
01-11-2003, 05:16 PM
civiclvr your a moron, PS3 competition for gc and xbox?
hahhahahaah
xbox/gc = 2001 release dates
ps3 = 2005?
man can you get any more...oh lord..

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Besides, Xbox and GC kill PS2's specs in everyway. PS2 has the game library, too bad the only game's worth buying on that system is Gran Turismo 3, GTA3 and SOCOM

Xbox isn't as good as PS2...Then saying GC is better in specs than PS2 is just dumbassed. My friend is a big gamer,and he regrets buying a GC. He says "The worst fucking system ever,not worth the money. I should of bought a PS2". The ONLY good game that XBOX really has is Ghost Recon. The good games that PS2 has are GT3, Vice City, Madden 2003, NBA Live 2003, Socom, Tony Hawk, what else...? Basically 90% of the games on the market.

lammer
01-11-2003, 05:25 PM

Xbox isn't as good as PS2...Then saying GC is better in specs than PS2 is just dumbassed. My friend is a big gamer,and he regrets buying a GC. He says "The worst fucking system ever,not worth the money. I should of bought a PS2". The ONLY good game that XBOX really has is Ghost Recon. The good games that PS2 has are GT3, Vice City, Madden 2003, NBA Live 2003, Socom, Tony Hawk, what else...? Basically 90% of the games on the market.

saying the specs of gc is better than ps2 is dumbassed?
look at your remarks you moronic kid. your statements are pretty dumbassed as well. and your friend the "hardcore gamer" has his opinions just like everyone else. some people like GC some people Like xbox, some people like ps. each his/her own.

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by lammer
civiclvr your a moron, PS3 competition for gc and xbox?
hahhahahaah
xbox/gc = 2001 release dates
ps3 = 2005?
man can you get any more...oh lord..

Listen here buddy- PS2 was released before xbox and gc,and still kicks their ass...PS3 released in 2004- with 1,000 more performance! xbox 2 (if they make one,wont compare to it! not in a mill. years!) GC probably wont make a "2" because sales are so shitty because GC is the worst system on the market!

And :werd: with Tom-Celica! PS2- best game console ever. PS3- nothing will compare to it :drool:...

SilverRex
01-11-2003, 05:26 PM
as long as PS3 is backwards compatible its all good

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Hahaha, I hate XBox, what a peice...You say that the specs are better in everyway? Every company (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) use a different scale to rate their systems. I got the PS2 because of the games out there, it has the most support and will always be around as it is supported by Sony. I have a gut feeling that XBox will turn into the next 3DO. PS2 also has no monthly fees for online gaming, has a built in DVD player and dosent look like a UFO (hehe). To each their own thoe...

The Xbox specs ARE better. I was just stating a point. And I said PS2 has the game library, too bad they all suck except for the select few. And most of the 'other' good games are now available of Xbox.

PS2 has no monthly fees, but you still bought the adapter, system link etc. etc. while Xbox was internet ready out of the box and all you needed was a 80 dollar kit w/ a free year subscription. Just wait though, because Xbox is all ran on one network, whereas PS2 has game companies with their own internet programs such as EASO (EA Sports Online), The new Everquest Adventures game and more to come in the future.

Xbox also has a DVD player.... but you have to buy a 50 dollar sensor, big deal. You had to shell out the same 50 bucks for a memory card whereas Xbox has a 10 gig HD, and you can even swap it out for a 120 gig HD if you wanted to.

Here are some Online comparisons:

http://www.freewebs.com/nextgenconsoles/thebigthree.htm

And system comparisons:

http://www.gamersmark.com/editorials/view/49/

lammer
01-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Listen here buddy- PS2 was released before xbox and gc,and still kicks their ass...PS3 released in 2004- with 1,000 more performance! xbox 2 (if they make one,wont compare to it! not in a mill. years!) GC probably wont make a "2" because sales are so shitty because GC is the worst system on the market!

Like i said before, you have your opinions on what system is the best and what not. and no im not your buddy.

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:28 PM

I'm glad you trust you hardcore gaming friend more than someone who works for a gaming magazine. ;)

lammer
01-11-2003, 05:31 PM

The specs ARE better. I was just stating a point. And I said PS2 has the game library, too bad they all suck except for the select few. And most of the 'other' good games are now available of Xbox.

PS2 has no monthly fees, but you still bought the adapter, system link etc. etc. while Xbox was internet ready out of the box and all you needed was a 80 dollar kit w/ a free year subscription. Just wait though, because Xbox is all ran on one network, whereas PS2 has game companies with their own internet programs such as EASO (EA Sports Online), The new Everquest Adventures game and more to come in the future.

Xbox also has a DVD player.... but you have to buy a 50 dollar sensor, big deal. You had to shell out the same 50 bucks for a memory card whereas Xbox has a 10 gig HD, and you can even swap it out for a 120 gig HD if you wanted to.

Here are some Online comparisons:

http://www.freewebs.com/nextgenconsoles/thebigthree.htm

And system comparisons:

http://www.gamersmark.com/editorials/view/49/

hahaha seems as though the gc and xbox constantly blow away ps2 in specs, the only reason why gc isn't up there is because they don't have a huge library of games for the mature/teen audience. i bet you if gc had a larger variety of games for the teens/mature audience it will blow away ps2 like a pos.

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:32 PM
All the games I have for PS2 at the moment-

Socom US Navy Seals
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
NBA Live 2003
Gran Turismo 3 (Best car game- able to play on- line I think)
NBA Street
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
James Bond 007
Madden 2001 (Buying 03)
NHL 2001 (Buying 03)

I like them all, but not really crazy about 007..

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:34 PM

I'm glad you trust you hardcore gaming friend more than someone who works for a gaming magazine. ;)

I never said that...I do trust gaming magazines,and hey guess what? PS2 is the best console gaming system on the market.

lammer
01-11-2003, 05:35 PM
All the games I have for PS2 at the moment-

Socom US Navy Seals
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
NBA Live 2003
Gran Turismo 3 (Best car game- able to play on- line I think)
NBA Street
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
James Bond 007
Madden 2001 (Buying 03)
NHL 2001 (Buying 03)

I like them all, but not really crazy about 007..

Woo-pee-fricking-doo.
why else would you buy a game and not like it?

why are you listing the games you have now? why not try to defend your point on your "PS3" whooping the gc/xbox.

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:36 PM

Tony Hawk, Madden and NBA Live are all on the Xbox. But with better graphics of course. Hahaha :D

Xbox has tons of games that are exclusives.... Ever heard of HALO? RalliSport Challenge? Unreal Championship? Splinter Cell? Sega GT 2002? Amped? Project Gotham? Oddworld? Toe Jam and Earl 3? MotoGP? Ghost Recon? Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball? The list goes on....

Toms-Celica
01-11-2003, 05:38 PM
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/11/15/1519234.shtml?tid=109

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:41 PM
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/11/15/1519234.shtml?tid=109

Yeah, it lost money. Big deal. They lose well over 100 USD on every system they sell because they are competing with the price of the PlayStation 2. Xbox has the money to back it up, whereas Sega (Dreamcast) did not and they went belly up. Microsoft isn't just going to give up like that.

Even before they released the Xbox, they said it would be well into 2004 before they start breaking even on the system, and that's when it was at 299 USD, but now it's 199 USD, which sets them back even farther, but they still aren't going to let Sony take advantage of the market.

Besides, we were arguing about each systems high's and low's, not how much they earned or lost ;)

bosa
01-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Some specs of the PS3

Main Processor: code-named “Cell” produced by IBM on 0.10-micron SOI process.
Clock Speed: 3 GHz
Floating-Point Performance: 196 GFLOPS
Operations per Second: 2 Trillion
3D Geometric Transformations: 2 Billion Polygons per Second
New processor design specifically for broadband communication generation.

System Memory: 512MB
System Memory Bandwidth: 24 GB/sec

Secondary Processor: Emotion Engine on 0.13-micron process (backward compatible with PS2)
Clock Speed: 300 MHz or 375 MHz (selectable)

GS3 (Graphics Synthesizer 3)
Clock Speed: 750 MHz
Embedded DRAM: 32MB
Screen Resolution: variable from 320x224 to 1920x1080
Fillrate: 24 Billion Pixels per Second

Sound: SPU3 + CPU
Number of Voices: 256 ADPCM channels + software

DVD-ROM
Built-in Broadband Ethernet Port
120GB Hard Disk Drive

AND WHO KNOWS THAT THE GAMES WILL BE LIKE FOR THIS SYSTEM

Toms-Celica
01-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Well, I can conclude on something, my PC is better then all of the systems...THE END

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Well, I can conclude on something, my PC is better then all of the systems...THE END

:werd:

Hahah.

You should try out the Doom III Alpha if you have a good system.... :drool:

Amazing. Haha, only word.

lammer
01-11-2003, 06:01 PM
civiclvr, just give it up.

bosa
01-11-2003, 06:04 PM

Tony Hawk, Madden and NBA Live are all on the Xbox. But with better graphics of course. Hahaha :D

Xbox has tons of games that are exclusives.... Ever heard of HALO? RalliSport Challenge? Unreal Championship? Splinter Cell? Sega GT 2002? Amped? Project Gotham? Oddworld? Tow Jam and Earl 3? MotoGP? Ghost Recon? Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball? The list goes on....

No actually,the graphics are WAY better for Playstation 2. And PS2 has a better selection for games and they are way better on PS2 than XBOX. Yes,I have heard of those games,played most of them and some compared to PS2 games suck. My friend has an XBOX and has most of those games and said that Ghost Recon is basically the only real good game,and the others suck. My other friend has just bought and XBOX to see what its like and the only game he likes is Ghost Recon. He says that PS2 still owns XBOX in a big way.

lammer
01-11-2003, 06:08 PM

No actually,the graphics are WAY better for Playstation 2. And PS2 has a better selection for games and they are way better on PS2 than XBOX. Yes,I have heard of those games,played most of them and some compared to PS2 games suck. My friend has an XBOX and has most of those games and said that Ghost Recon is basically the only real good game,and the others suck. My other friend has just bought and XBOX to see what its like and the only game he likes is Ghost Recon. He says that PS2 still owns XBOX in a big way.

is this the same one that is the "HArdcore gamer" that also says gc sucks and its the worst console?

Big_Six_Boy
01-11-2003, 06:08 PM

Besides, we were arguing about each systems high's and low's, not how much they earned or lost ;)

Well, I finally got myself an X-Box... the new controller-s is very cool. About a thousand times better than the old clunker of a joypad!
I also have a PS2, so I'm not going to be biased. Despite the fact that X-Box has better hardware in every aspect, it doesn't matter, cause the games are better on the PS2. Splinter Cell is supposed to be a MGS2 killer, but after playing it, I think otherwise. I will still pick it up, though.. since it's better than Syphon Filter, and I like those type of games.
Ghost Recon and SOCOM are out of the question. Play it on the computer with mouse/keyboard, you can't beat that!

My real gripe with the Xbox is that I've waited all this time for them to change the damn look of it, and it still looks like an old, ugly VCR!! Grrr!!! :banghead:

Stratus_Power
01-11-2003, 06:11 PM
PC is the way to go~
but personally i have a GC and i hated it.. not because it sux... well actually yeh it sux... there were like less than 20 games when i got it.. half of them are sports, and the other half are children games like monkey ball, Mario, super smash bro.. etc

but personally im a big PC fan because i only play online games..

lammer
01-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
PC is the way to go~
but personally i have a GC and i hated it.. not because it sux... well actually yeh it sux... there were like less than 20 games when i got it.. half of them are sports, and the other half are children games like monkey ball, Mario, super smash bro.. etc

but personally im a big PC fan because i only play online games..

super smash bros is sweet..

bosa
01-11-2003, 06:24 PM

is this the same one that is the "HArdcore gamer" that also says gc sucks and its the worst console?

nope different friend. all my friends that have a ps2 and another system (generally a PS2 and an XBOX) say that PS2 is way better...

sexualbanana
01-11-2003, 07:35 PM
i dont even think u can argue the quality of games because ps2 has been out longer than xbox. and everyone knows this matters because for every system, the first gen games for a system r nowhere near as good as the games that are released near the end of the console's life.

Hakkola
01-11-2003, 07:41 PM
LOL, you guys are gettin mad at each other over what system is better, c'mon guys...

Isn't ghost recon on ps2 as well?

Anyway. sometimes i want the xbox, but i'm happy with my ps2, ps3 looks cool.

Melinda
01-11-2003, 08:03 PM
My brother talks to one of the Calgary PS2 reps and he told my brother that there isn't going to be any formal announcements that they're even making one till 2004. They said that it would be unfair to scam and rip off consumers and then expect them to buy another system from them

Thus, the PS3 won't be out till at least 2006

Melinda

bosa
01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
a site said- and this is a qoute from sony "ps3 will be released in japan around the middle to late 2004,and for other countires very early 2005."

sexualbanana
01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
i still highly doubt it. the ps2 is still very new. look how long it took for ps1 to go to ps2

Dirty Sanchez
01-11-2003, 09:22 PM

saying the specs of gc is better than ps2 is dumbassed?
look at your remarks you moronic kid. your statements are pretty dumbassed as well. and your friend the "hardcore gamer" has his opinions just like everyone else. some people like GC some people Like xbox, some people like ps. each his/her own.

Blah blah PS2 is better.... no Xbox is better .....uh uhh Game cube sucks.
Shut the fuck up who cares. There was only two users here that said something worth reading and mature that would be Lammer and Dope Dealer. First of all you have a PS2 and you love heres a fuckin cookie. You have a Xbox and you love it awsome good for you. You have a Xbox and hate it good for you. You have a Gamecube and love it and thinks it's the shit...congrats.
But don't post shit saying PS2 ownes Xbox and Gamecube or vise versa. AND dont' list your games for the Ps2...what 10 games....and you determine that PS2 is the shit.

Well my underaged friend

Socom US Navy Seals PS2 only
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4= All systems
NBA Live 2003 All systems
Gran Turismo = PS2 only
NBA Street= All sysytems
Grand Theft Auto 3 = PS2 only
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City =PS2 only
James Bond 007 = uhh which one doesn't matter all systems
Madden 2001 = all systems
NHL 2001 = all systems

Now here's my point you say and I quote

Well then you need to get a new TV or yours eyes checked because you already know that the Xbox and Game cube have better video spec than PS2. GameCube can do 6-12 million polygons considering ALL the in game effects lighting etc. Don't compare this to other consoles, they don't take these effects into account, and PS2 can do 20 million with all effects on. Xbox can do 125 million. So all those games on PS2 are graphically better than Xbox and Game cube well that's a new level of ignorance.

So saying all that well whos gives a rats ass if PS3 will be better than Xbox and Game Cube, when it comes out I'll prob buy it but saying that when the new Xbox comes out or Game Cube 2 they will be better than PS3. It's a vicious circle man!!

I have both consoles and will buy only exculsives for the PS2 like GTA 3,GTA vice city, GT3 and if a title is on all systems well I buy it for the XBox.

I so sick and fuckin tired readin forums debating this idiotic topic.
Enjoy the games you have and have fun playing them.

PS2 RULES! XBOX SUCKS ASS! PS2- BEST GAME SYSTEM EVER,AND BEST ON THE MARKET. Socom is the best on- line game ever!

Finally dude you need to grow up but then again you might be only 13.:thumbsup:

theken
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM

Xbox has tons of games that are exclusives.... Unreal Championship? Ghost Recon? The list goes on.... these 2 games are on ps2 and others i think

:thumbsdow

Dope Dealer
01-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by theken
these 2 games are on ps2 and others i think

:thumbsdow

No, that's Unreal Tournament. However, Ghost Recon is on PS2, but not internet ready.

theken
01-11-2003, 10:38 PM

No, that's Unreal Tournament. However, Ghost Recon is on PS2, but not internet ready. unreal championship unreal tournament wtf is the difference :thumbsup::dunno:

mrmattyk
01-12-2003, 07:27 AM
You can have the best graphics in the world. If the games suck, then so does the system. Most games don't even take full advantage of the sys resources any ways.

You can't say either system is better because they all have their strong points and their weak points.

4wheeldrift
01-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Having a Gamecube and a PS2, I can say that the biggest limitation of the Gamecube is its game library. In terms of graphics, it mangles the latest gen PS2 games. But there's still some tricks left in the PS2 to wring more power out of it, just no developers are using them quite yet. And the really good games on the gamecube are simply superb, literally the reason to own one (if you haven't played Metroid Prime, you are depriving yourself a simply incredible experience). I personally find that although there are a lot of games out there for the PS2, as the original PS had there is a very high Crap to Games Worth Playing factor (sony seems to have blown the doors wide open to any developer who wants to crank out garbage and charge $80 for it. This is not a good thing). Cross polination of game licensing is making system choice almost irrelevant now, since the hardware all performs quite similiarly. The only reason to pick one console over another any more is to get access to exclusive titles that aren't available on any other system (ie Metroid Prime for GC, Halo for Xbox, Gran Turismo 3 A-spec for PS2, and the list goes on).

And as for the Xbox, I've already got a computer, thanks. Microsoft is losing money on every Xbox they sell because like every microsoft product, there is an extremely large amount of bloat built into them. Nintendo produces all of their chipsets and systems in house, so does Sony. Microsoft is buying components from everywhere because they don't have hardware production capability, and even system production is all farmed out which drives the price out of sight. So they jack up the prices on the games to try and generate more revenue. But you can get a lot of the games on the Xbox for way cheaper ($20-$30) cheaper on the computer and they look way better to boot.

95acc
01-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Agreed most of the games for the x-box are available for the pc.

Davetronz
01-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Evan, go outside and get laid for fuck sake :rotfl:

Hakkola
01-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Super Nintendo is the shit. Screw xbox and ps2.

4wheeldrift
01-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Super Nintendo is the shit. Screw xbox and ps2. Colecovision 0wnZ j00

Dope Dealer
01-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
And as for the Xbox, I've already got a computer, thanks. Microsoft is losing money on every Xbox they sell because like every microsoft product, there is an extremely large amount of bloat built into them. Nintendo produces all of their chipsets and systems in house, so does Sony. Microsoft is buying components from everywhere because they don't have hardware production capability, and even system production is all farmed out which drives the price out of sight. So they jack up the prices on the games to try and generate more revenue.

True. You probably won't believe this, but take my word for it. It costs Nintendo only $10 to produce the whole console. They are making huge profit on each GameCube they sell. I am just confused at how they are producing them for $10 a cube.

Microsoft is getting a little smarter now; they are buying cheaper brands (Still same quality, only different brand) and figuring out how to cut costs.

The only games that are on the PC that is for Xbox right now are Sports games (EA Sports Titles, which are on every console) and RalliSport Challenge (The only Xbox exclusive on the PC). However Halo is set to launch sometime this year on the PC, I think.

I'll try to find that link to the GameCube cost production news.

4wheeldrift
01-12-2003, 02:35 PM

The only games that are on the PC that is for Xbox right now are Sports games (EA Sports Titles, which are on every console) and RalliSport Challenge (The only Xbox exclusive on the PC). However Halo is set to launch sometime this year on the PC, I think. There's a heck of a lot more than that. I can think of 10 or 15 titles right off the top of my head (and very few of those are sports games, though the sports games get ported to every platform now it seems). Somewhere in the range of 30% of all Xbox titles are either direct ports of games originally released on the PC, or somewhat altered versions. The Xbox is essentially a computer at its core, utilizing the same hardware and software as a conventional machine, modified for gaming use exclusively. There is almost no work required to port a title from the pC to Xbox aside from eliminating things that are not needed for the xbox (multiple resolutions, etc).

Dope Dealer
01-12-2003, 02:44 PM
There's a heck of a lot more than that. I can think of 10 or 15 titles right off the top of my head (and very few of those are sports games, though the sports games get ported to every platform now it seems). Somewhere in the range of 30% of all Xbox titles are either direct ports of games originally released on the PC, or somewhat altered versions. The Xbox is essentially a computer at its core, utilizing the same hardware and software as a conventional machine, modified for gaming use exclusively. There is almost no work required to port a title from the pC to Xbox aside from eliminating things that are not needed for the xbox (multiple resolutions, etc).

Maybe you're right, I could only think of RalliSport as the recent game on the PC from Xbox. (I was talking Microsoft/Xbox Exclusives though).

Hehe, If you mod the Xbox, it's basically a computer. You can run Windows Media Player, Winamp and a bunch of other programs too.

Most of the games were ported from the PS2 though (Metal Gear Solid 2 -- However Substance added a bunch of new stuff, but not anything worth bragging about.... Hitman 2, Fatal Frame etc. etc.)

I still like playing Xbox games with HDTV though. Nothing beats that ;)

Hakkola
01-12-2003, 02:51 PM
I have some special cable for ps2 so it'l look better on my hdtv, but it sucks because it only connects to the tv, there's no other cable so if i use it I can't hook it up to the sound system, it's gay.

Dope Dealer
01-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I have some special cable for ps2 so it'l look better on my hdtv, but it sucks because it only connects to the tv, there's no other cable so if i use it I can't hook it up to the sound system, it's gay.

S-Video or HDTV Pack?

Not sure if they have HDTV Pack for PS2, but there is a S-Video cable.

Stratus_Power
01-12-2003, 02:58 PM
some PS2 games are porting over to PC too in a good way.. like Metal Gear solid: substance.. etc

Zephyr
01-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
some PS2 games are porting over to PC too in a good way.. like Metal Gear solid: substance.. etc

substance is an xbox game my friend, its going to PS2 sometime this year...

4wheeldrift
01-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Maybe you're right, I could only think of RalliSport as the recent game on the PC from Xbox. (I was talking Microsoft/Xbox Exclusives though). I'm talking about PC games becoming Xbox games. A big chunk of them started life as PC games and were ported to Xbox. Rallisport Challenge is the only game I can think of that has gone the other direction. And Halo originally started life destined for the PC, but the PC version was cancelled when microsoft started looking for third party developers for the X-box.

Dope Dealer
01-12-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm talking about PC games becoming Xbox games. A big chunk of them started life as PC games and were ported to Xbox. Rallisport Challenge is the only game I can think of that has gone the other direction. And Halo originally started life destined for the PC, but the PC version was cancelled when microsoft started looking for third party developers for the X-box.

Ahh, I get you now ;)

Yeah, pretty much all Microsoft's titles were destined for PC....

And now Microsoft is trying to buy out anyone that has potential so they won't fled to other systems.

4wheeldrift
01-12-2003, 03:41 PM

And now Microsoft is trying to buy out anyone that has potential so they won't fled to other systems. Standard Operating Procedure for microsoft. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.

Hipermax_d
01-12-2003, 03:45 PM
xbox isnt the only game system where you can play other people over the net.
PS2 came out with their PS2gate in november. either way i think its crap for both ps2 and xbox.
you have to pay monthly and its not very cheap

Turboboost
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
hehe this is funny looking how different the concept to the actual thing is...:eek:

frostyda9
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Holy bump from the dead