PDA

View Full Version : So we all Agree, Kobe Bryant is the next Michael Jordan? Good.

Komplekshun
05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Truth. If you going to come in this thread and say "Lebron James this, or Lebrons James that" Dont waste your time. Lebron has NO rings, is only 19, and will be a Magic Johnson at best.

Kobe has 3 rings at 26, and has proven he is the most clutch playoff performer since Jordan.

Kobe Bryant >>> NBA

roopi
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Correction: Kobe has 0 rings without Shaq. Has he even made the playoffs without Shaq?

bmeier
05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
where is KOBE's team now?

civicrider
05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Lebron owns kobe, he just doesnt have the team to back him up. put lebron in the position kobe has had and he would be doing better then kobe:thumbsup:

saiyajin
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
after careful analysis of all them stupid threads...Komplekshun doesnt really know anything about bball and is just a fanboy sticking up for his homie kobe :dunno:

Komplekshun
05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Correction: Kobe has 0 rings without Shaq. Has he even made the playoffs without Shaq?

Almost a valid point.

The lakers lost VETERANS: Derek Fisher, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Shaq, Robert Horry, Horace Grant, Rick Fox And 2nd year sharp shooter Kareem Rush.

Replacements: Chucky Atkins, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Sasha vujavic, Tierre Brown, Tony Bobbitt.

My sentiments exactly.

They are playing in the West, would you expect them to make the playoffs the following year with that line-up of scrubs?

Until Early january when their head coach Rudy Tomanavich stepped down, they were remarkably 6 games above .500, with kobe bryant as the focal point of their offense.

When Interm coach, frank hamblen took over and tryed to impose "phil jacksons" triangle offense, they started losing because of its complicated nature.

This year, and the ones following, Kobe will be able to focus strictly on basketball. Not on Kate Faber, not on shaq losing wieght and his endorsement cheques will roll back in.

Kobe bryant is two years away from returning to his dominance of the NBA.

Again, Kobe Bryant >>> David stern's NBA

cman
05-10-2005, 06:18 PM
again, you are a tool.
showbe had his time, now it is over.
showbe you suck at basketball, stick to sexually assaulting teens, your much better at that.:thumbsup:

and how can you call odom and butler "scrubs" they are quality players.
many of the veterans who left the team are much past their prime anyways.

vcteggy
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
go away, lebron is 10 times the player kobe will ever be, ever wonder why shaq always got the MVP?

PGTze
05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
All of your threads suck, I''m a Kobe fan, but come on man, at least wait till he gets his team back in the playoffs to start beakin about it.

Focus
05-10-2005, 10:34 PM
No one will ever be able to replace Jordan. He had abilty, personality and humillity, which no other player has.

RiCE-DaDDy
05-10-2005, 10:42 PM
stupid thread :closed:

mdeleon
05-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Komplekshun
Lebron has NO rings, is only 19, and will be a Magic Johnson at best.
what the...you make it seem like being compared to magic is a bad thing, the man's a lgend bro... and btw, he's already been compared to him before he even got drafted because of his size and agility. he's young yes, but it's not liek kobe won championships right away either. and the reason why kobe has his rings is because he had a team to back him up, the comparisons between the two should be made now since they both basically gotta carry their team on their backs

wildrice
05-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Truth. If you going to come in this thread and say "Lebron James this, or Lebrons James that" Dont waste your time. Lebron has NO rings, is only 19, and will be a Magic Johnson at best.

Kobe has 3 rings at 26, and has proven he is the most clutch playoff performer since Jordan.

Kobe Bryant >>> NBA

Your logic doesn't make sense.
Lebron - 19
Kobe - 26

You're comparing them as if they're both the same age and have been in the nba for the same amount of time and have been on equally matched teams.

Kobe's won those rings in L.A along side with SHAQ!!
Stick Lebron on the lakers last year and see what would have happen.

Where was Kobe this year?? and don't give me that bull crap about a kobe being with crappy players. Lebron teammates weren't all that great either.

Kobe's first 2 years:

96-97 - 41% fg, 7.6 ppg.
97-98 - 43% fg, 15.4 ppg

Lebron's first 2 years:

03-04 - 42% fg 20.9 ppg
04-05 - 48%fg 27.2 ppg

mdeleon
05-10-2005, 10:54 PM
^^^^ can't argue with stats :thumbsup:
shuuuuutdooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnn....im bored

bigboom
05-10-2005, 11:16 PM
kobe has great moves...but he doesnt know how to think. if he ever learns how to play team basketball he may one day be a great player...right now he is a good player.

Xtrema
05-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Komplekshun, are you even getting paid for sucking Kobe's cack?

/////AMG
05-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Raper Kober = next jordan! HA :rofl:

tapout
05-11-2005, 02:26 AM
dude y is every one hate they all are osome:dunno:

Xtrema
05-11-2005, 07:19 AM
^ Saying Kobe is the next Jordan is no difference than saying Bush is the next Jesus Christ. It's just offensive to start with. You WILL get flamed.

B17a
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
I would pay big money to see Kobe and Lebron go 1-on-1.

civicrider
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
i thought bush was jesus:dunno:

Komplekshun
05-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by wildrice

Where was Kobe this year?? and don't give me that bull crap about a kobe being with crappy players. Lebron teammates weren't all that great either.

Kobe's first 2 years:

96-97 - 41% fg, 7.6 ppg.
97-98 - 43% fg, 15.4 ppg

Lebron's first 2 years:

03-04 - 42% fg 20.9 ppg
04-05 - 48%fg 27.2 ppg

Shaq needs a GREAT shooting guard to win a title. Infact everyteam needs atleast TWO superstars to win a title. So Shaq needed KOBE just as much as you say "Kobe needed SHAQ!".

Dont even compare the first two years of kobes career. He was coming off the bench. Did you take a look at the lakers starting 5 that year?!?!?

Nick (in his PRIME) Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Elden Campbell, Robert Horry.

LOL, Lebron wouldnt even crack this starting 5 in those times.

Any of you stans can get your favorite players and compare their head-to-head IN-GAME stats against Kobe, you'll find out quickly how Kobe DOMINATES his competition.

Lebron dont want with Kob... NOOOOOOOOO!

ronaldo
05-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
stupid thread :closed:

:werd: give it up

mo_virgin
05-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Ahhh... Kobe's ok guys,

I don't agree that he is better than lebron, but everybody is just hating too much.

I never loved kobe, but wether you guys want to admit it or not he is one of only a handful of players who can take control of a game. He's still one of the best players in the leaugue

To me, hes just a guy whos facing the whole world. Ask yourself, what has he done wrong? He was never found guilty of rape and yet the whole world views him as guilty.

As for the lakers and the fall out of it... all i can say is Kobe couldn't be responsible for all of that... coolio must have must have done some of that shit.

habsfan
05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
at risk of another post of mine being deleted for what im guessing was personal attacks, even though there were other personal attacks in his gloating thread, i will simply say i hope a moderator becomes so annoyed with you as we all are and bans you. good day.

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 09:56 AM

Shaq needs a GREAT shooting guard to win a title. Infact everyteam needs atleast TWO superstars to win a title. So Shaq needed KOBE just as much as you say "Kobe needed SHAQ!".

Dont even compare the first two years of kobes career. He was coming off the bench. Did you take a look at the lakers starting 5 that year?!?!?

Any of you stans can get your favorite players and compare their head-to-head IN-GAME stats against Kobe, you'll find out quickly how Kobe DOMINATES his competition.

Im not going to lie to man, but you give sack of shit a whole new meaning.

I agree with you on one thing, shaq needs a guard to win a title, but shag had that on the lakers, Horry, someone who hit the big shots at the right time.

Lebron not Cracking that starting 5, at what he is right now, your fucking dumber theni thoguht, honestly that is some of the stupidest shit youve said yet.

Kobe dominates the competition, ok? Taking 40 shots a game jsut to get 30 points is not what i call domination, but that is alright. You are a little slow.

In game head to head stats are down by the NBA, not like they are making this shit up, if lebron has better head to head stats then kobe, guess what, he has a better effinciency rating. So shut up man.

Lebron James is the best talent in the NBA right now, jsut wiat until he realizes it adn exploits what he can really do. He is still a kid at 20 years old, he has 6 years to cath kobe, i say if he gets the right team/caoch, he coudl have 3 rings, liek someone else in his time.

So please, go watch a game of basketball, maybe even play it, and learn what the hell you are talking about.

AND please stop posting new fucking threads abotu the same shit over and over and over, jsut clogs shit up and is quit annoying.

:closed:

Xtrema
05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
To me, hes just a guy whos facing the whole world. Ask yourself, what has he done wrong? He was never found guilty of rape and yet the whole world views him as guilty.

He's not guilty of rape on technicality and the victim happens to be a greedy slut.

But he is guilty on cheating his wife, at least once.

mo_virgin
05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

He's not guilty of rape on technicality and the victim happens to be a greedy slut.

But he is guilty on cheating his wife, at least once.

So why should he face the world when there are plenty of men who cheated on their wives?

Xtrema
05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
So why should he face the world when there are plenty of men who cheated on their wives?

First of all, are you arguing that if everyone steals from 7-11, so should you? Because everyone is doing it, it's right?

It comes with the territory of being a celebrity and making a living as one.

If you cheat on your wife, you probably only have to face your family and friends which probably won't pass 100 people at most. Of course I don't have to tell you that it's a whole different scale when a celebrity does it.

Komplekshun
05-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jumperman8

Im not going to lie to man, but you give sack of shit a whole new meaning.

I agree with you on one thing, shaq needs a guard to win a title, but shag had that on the lakers, Horry, someone who hit the big shots at the right time.

Lebron not Cracking that starting 5, at what he is right now, your fucking dumber theni thoguht, honestly that is some of the stupidest shit youve said yet.

Kobe dominates the competition, ok? Taking 40 shots a game jsut to get 30 points is not what i call domination, but that is alright. You are a little slow.

In game head to head stats are down by the NBA, not like they are making this shit up, if lebron has better head to head stats then kobe, guess what, he has a better effinciency rating. So shut up man.

Lebron James is the best talent in the NBA right now, jsut wiat until he realizes it adn exploits what he can really do. He is still a kid at 20 years old, he has 6 years to cath kobe, i say if he gets the right team/caoch, he coudl have 3 rings, liek someone else in his time.

So please, go watch a game of basketball, maybe even play it, and learn what the hell you are talking about.

AND please stop posting new fucking threads abotu the same shit over and over and over, jsut clogs shit up and is quit annoying.

Why are you still following me?

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 11:37 AM

Why are you still following me?

Wow, are you 13, honstly? Are you?

Its hard not to follow you when you have 200000 threads goings at once.

Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban:closed:

Komplekshun
05-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by jumperman8

You have alot of nerve asking me if i'm "13" with your grade 7 reading level.

I'll repeat, if you dont like the threads, dont post in them.

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 11:57 AM

You don't own the thread, anyone can come in and flame you as they wish. :thumbsdow

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 12:38 PM

O, sorry, i forgot to go back and check my work...lol

u4ia
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Ahhh... Kobe's ok guys,

I don't agree that he is better than lebron, but everybody is just hating too much.

I never loved kobe, but wether you guys want to admit it or not he is one of only a handful of players who can take control of a game. He's still one of the best players in the leaugue

As for the lakers and the fall out of it... all i can say is Kobe couldn't be responsible for all of that... coolio must have must have done some of that shit.

i agree with most of what you're saying.. i don't like the guy, but i admit he's got skills. (as for taking over a game, that can also be partially attributed to him being the only guy allowed to shoot on his team. haha..)

as for the lakers collapse, i think he's mostly responsible. look at the problems he's created with the main guys last year, shaq, karl, phil. i'm surprised GP didn't have beef with him.. his team this year also has problems with him. i mean.. when all these guys don't like you, there has to be a problem somewhere.

u4ia
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM

i think part of the whole 'facing the world' thing is how he ratted out shaq about paying off women. (whether it's true or not..) that was against the locker room code of athletes and a lot of other guys took exception to that.

wildrice
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM

Shaq needs a GREAT shooting guard to win a title. Infact everyteam needs atleast TWO superstars to win a title. So Shaq needed KOBE just as much as you say "Kobe needed SHAQ".

Exactly, you do need at least 2 superstars or at least a decently balanced team to even contend for the champtionship. So no way Kobe could have gotten the 3 rings that he has now without his team and coaching staff. Once again, Lebron doesn't exactly have the greatest team. You wonder why he hasn't had any rings!!!!!

I agree and will admit that Kobe is a good player, but no way is he at the level of Jordan. Jordan had 5 MVP's in his carreer. How many MVP's does Kobe have? Please refresh my memory!!!

SoSlowDx
05-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't post much but we all agree that you're an idiot!

Kobe can't compare to Jordan :)

smokedog
05-12-2005, 12:12 AM
kobe makes himself better...not the team

5hift
05-12-2005, 02:00 AM
If you think Kobe didnt make the playoffs because the rest of the Lakers sucked, how was Dwane Wade was able to go deep in the playoffs last year with the same players you called scrubs? IE Butler, Odom, Grant. I think its more that Kobe isnt and never will be a leader/winner. He rode Shaq for 3 championships and now will never win one again.

gongSHOW
05-12-2005, 07:31 AM
It didn't help taht down the stretch, that Odom and Bryant were injured, during that big loosing streak. Anyways, there is no doubt that Kobe is a good player, probably one of the best guards in the league..

jumperman8
05-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Kobe is not comparable, but the more we post on the thread the better this douche bag feels abotu himself and the dumb ass threads he posts.

Leekiwwi
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
I must say that no one will ever compare to Jordan!
Including Kobe and LeBron

But the comparison between Kobe and LeBron is rather complicated.
First off, I'd hv to say that if Kobe and LeBron were both hot during the game, Kobe would win hands down.

Kobe is smaller, but more skilled IMO, also his perimeter defense cannot be matched by LeBron.

Offensively, I'd say that they are pretty close, as LeBron relies on his brute strength (and speed of course) to dominate his defender, while Kobe depends on his speed and more skill then strength. (Not saying that LeBron doesnt hv skill, cause he does, but Kobe has a bit more).

As for passing, LeBron has the slight edge only becasue of his willingness to pass more. But IMO if and when Kobe feels like passing, the Lakers win, and he fills up his stats sheet.
Kobe can pass better than LeBron if he wanted to, but he doesnt want to most nights.

For Rebounds, LeBron has the edge because of his explosive nature, strength and size. But if LeBron averages 8.1 boards next season, Kobe will still average 6.4.

Clutch shooting goes to Kobe no question. Kobe is the best clutch shooter in the game today no matter what you say. you might want to bring up Reggie Miller and can obviously make a really good argument, but I'd still put the ball in Kobe's hands.

But LeBron does have 6 years to catch up, which he may be able to surpass, or come really damn close.

Leekiwwi
05-16-2005, 09:38 PM
When you compare the two teams, It is really hard to compare because of the Western Conference being much stronger.
LeBron also has a 7'5" all-star center, and Drew Gooden who is able to put up a consistent double-double every night and works hard.
Kobe has Lamar Odom who doesnt even play to potential.
Thats about it. Maybe Caron Butler will step up when he develops a little more, and Chucky Atkins IMO sucks.
Kobe can also argue that he was 'distracted' this year from his trials and everything, also his injuries.
LeBron has a stronger team, and plays in an easiar division but still didnt crack top eight when teams like NewJersey made it.

In the east, the "weakest" team was also one of the deepest in the league Memphis, and Denver who was riding a 26-1??? record going into the playoffs.

Kobe is definately better than LeBron this season and IMO the following season also, but if LeBron continues to develop, I wouldnt be surprised if he does pass Kobe, but I dont hink anyone will ever pass Jordan.

You be the Judge.

wildrice
05-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Leekiwwi

First off, I'd hv to say that if Kobe and LeBron were both hot during the game, Kobe would win hands down.

Kobe is smaller, but more skilled IMO, also his perimeter defense cannot be matched by LeBron.

Offensively, I'd say that they are pretty close, as LeBron relies on his brute strength (and speed of course) to dominate his defender, while Kobe depends on his speed and more skill then strength. (Not saying that LeBron doesnt hv skill, cause he does, but Kobe has a bit more).

As for passing, LeBron has the slight edge only becasue of his willingness to pass more. But IMO if and when Kobe feels like passing, the Lakers win, and he fills up his stats sheet.

Okay, first off. Kobe's been in the nba for 9-10 years. Lebron's only been in for 2 years. It's hard to compare them like this. Kobe's had more experience because he's been in the game longer. He's also had playoff experience. Something that Lebron doesn't have.

Kobe can pass better than LeBron if he wanted to, but he doesnt want to most nights.

Kobe's got lots of good players on his team that he could pass to. Players that have a pretty decent skill that could potentially benefit the lakers. Kobe chooses not to pass to them and that's his loss.

For Rebounds, LeBron has the edge because of his explosive nature, strength and size. But if LeBron averages 8.1 boards next season, Kobe will still average 6.4.

Clutch shooting goes to Kobe no question. Kobe is the best clutch shooter in the game today no matter what you say. you might want to bring up Reggie Miller and can obviously make a really good argument, but I'd still put the ball in Kobe's hands.

But LeBron does have 6 years to catch up, which he may be able to surpass, or come really damn close.

Kobe's got 7-8 years over Lebron and even when Lebron has reached that 7-8 years. You still can't really compare their skill b/c their both of different teams, with different teammates.

It's OBVIOUS that Kobe's better than Lebron right now b/c of the lack of experience that Lebron has had.

wildrice
05-16-2005, 10:03 PM
When you compare the two teams, It is really hard to compare because of the Western Conference being much stronger.
LeBron also has a 7'5 all-star center, and Drew Gooden who is able to put up a consistent double-double every night and works hard.
Thats about it. Maybe Caron Butler will step up when he develops a little more, and Chucky Atkins IMO sucks.
Kobe can also argue that he was 'distracted' this year from his trials and everything, also his injuries.
LeBron has a stronger team, and plays in an easiar division but still didnt crack top eight when teams like NewJersey made it.

In the east, the "weakest" team was also one of the deepest in the league Memphis, and Denver who was riding a 26-1??? record going into the playoffs.

Kobe is definately better than LeBron this season and IMO the following season also, but if LeBron continues to develop, I wouldnt be surprised if he does pass Kobe, but I dont hink anyone will ever pass Jordan.

You be the Judge.

Please, I really don't see Lakers making the playoffs next season either. Maybe playoffs, but if so, they won't go very far. Lakers have really gone downhill with the loss of Phil Jackson and Shaq.
IMO, you don't see very many players that can individually carry a team. To be a contender for the championship, you gotta have a team that can work good together, and some players to take action and be a leader; make the team better.

Lebron hasn't done that, and neither has kobe.

PGTze
05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
LeBron also has a 7'5" all-star center

Who the hell on the Cavs is 7'5? :dunno:

wildrice
05-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

Who the hell on the Cavs is 7'5? :dunno:

He's talking about ilgauskus(sp?)

He's only 7'3

PGTze
05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

He's talking about ilgauskus(sp?)

He's only 7'3

lol I know, I was just busting his chops.

Leekiwwi
05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
meh, whatever, my bad, haha

but also let me add that Kobes game is a lot more similar to Jordans game than LeBrons was.

Kobe + Jordan --> one of the best perimeter defenders in the league in their time

Leekiwwi
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I still like Wade more than both of them though, but I hate Shaq

Billy
05-16-2005, 11:53 PM
no one could be the same as Jordan, definitely not kobe. Jordan has the ability to carry the team, Kobe doesnt. that's why no play off for Kobe.

RiCE-DaDDy
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
omg, kobe is sooo overrated on d

u4ia
05-17-2005, 01:02 AM
^^
:werd:

without shaq, kobe is just an average defender. hence no all-defensive selection this year.. not that this is too surprising, he's only been all-defensive once in his career, and that was second team. MJ was all-defensive first team 9 times. it's an insult to MJ to compare him to kobe defensively.. kobe isn't even close.

JordanEG6
05-17-2005, 01:50 AM
MJ

Career high 69 pts
5x MVP
10x All- NBA 1st team
6x playoff MVP
6x All-D 1st team
2x Dunk Champion
87-88 Defensive Player of the year
Holds the NBA record for most consecutive games scoring in double-digits (842)
Holds play-off scoring high of 63 points ('86 @ Boston)
First ever to post a triple double at an All-Star game <--- could be the only player, but i could be wrong about that.
6 Rings
Bulls best record at 72-10

^^...to name a FEW

Kobe

Career high 56 pts <--- MJ did 55 @ miami w/ the flu..left the game early..
No MVPs
No Playoff MVPs
All-D 1st Team in '99
'97 Dunk Champ
'01 All-NBA 1st team and All-D 2nd Team
Youngest all-star in history '98
Youngest debut in history
3 rings
Lakers best record at 68-14

Mind you, Kobe did most of this w/ shaq and can't hold up his team on his own. MJ turned a team of nobodies into notable players (pippen, kucoc, harper, paxton etc. even on the bench ie: kerr). He is not the next Jordan. Nobody is, because of the fact that he alone along with the bulls would go out and dominate the league every year when jordan is playing...aside from the wizards mess. Nobody in history has made such a major impact on the game the way he did. Who would have known one man can single handedly make the 'swoosh' and 'nike flight' and 'gatorade' so popular. :D

... and please dont tell me 'kobes still young, hes got time' because hes been in the NBA for almost 10 years and MJ did most of this during his PRIME (87-97) <--- and he retired for 2 years during this time

tapout
05-17-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by u4ia
^^
:werd:

without shaq, kobe is just an average defender. hence no all-defensive selection this year.. not that this is too surprising, he's only been all-defensive once in his career, and that was second team. MJ was all-defensive first team 9 times. it's an insult to MJ to compare him to kobe defensively.. kobe isn't even close. :werd:

u4ia
05-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

MJ

Career high 69 pts
5x MVP
10x All- NBA 1st team
6x playoff MVP
6x All-D 1st team
2x Dunk Champion
87-88 Defensive Player of the year
Holds the NBA record for most consecutive games scoring in double-digits (842)
Holds play-off scoring high of 63 points ('86 @ Boston)
First ever to post a triple double at an All-Star game &lt;--- could be the only player, but i could be wrong about that.
6 Rings
Bulls best record at 72-10

9x all-defensive first team actually.. not 6.

Kobe

Career high 56 pts &lt;--- MJ did 55 @ miami w/ the flu..left the game early..
No MVPs
No Playoff MVPs
All-D 1st Team in '99
'97 Dunk Champ
'01 All-NBA 1st team and All-D 2nd Team
Youngest all-star in history '98
Youngest debut in history
3 rings
Lakers best record at 68-14

ahhh yes, he was all-d first team in '99.. my mistake. well, it's still 9-1 in favour of jordan. :)

Mind you, Kobe did most of this w/ shaq and can't hold up his team on his own. MJ turned a team of nobodies into notable players (pippen, kucoc, harper, paxton etc. even on the bench ie: kerr). He is not the next Jordan. Nobody is, because of the fact that he alone along with the bulls would go out and dominate the league every year when jordan is playing...aside from the wizards mess. Nobody in history has made such a major impact on the game the way he did. Who would have known one man can single handedly make the 'swoosh' and 'nike flight' and 'gatorade' so popular. :D

i agree with all of this except i wouldn't exactly call pippen a nobody..

... and please dont tell me 'kobes still young, hes got time' because hes been in the NBA for almost 10 years and MJ did most of this during his PRIME (87-97) &lt;--- and he retired for 2 years during this time

kobe's career is only going to go downhill in the future anyways.. i can't picture him ever getting back to glory, his attitude is going to ensure this..

JordanEG6
05-17-2005, 10:23 AM

9x all-defensive first team actually.. not 6.

ya, my bad that was a typo

i agree with all of this except i wouldn't exactly call pippen a nobody..

pippen was good, averaging around 17 ppg by the time he left the bulls. but i meant 'nobodies' as in players who didnt step up their game as much until they played with MJ....or who dont play as well anymore since they left the bulls, aside from aging.

jumperman8
05-17-2005, 02:09 PM

Komplekshun
05-17-2005, 04:31 PM

LeBron also has a 7'5" all-star center, and Drew Gooden who is able to put up a consistent double-double every night and works hard.

You be the Judge.

Wow. I couldnt have said it better myself.

Leekiwwi
05-19-2005, 10:56 PM
I never said that either of them would ever be comparable to Jordan if you read what I had written.

The fact is that no one will ever have an impact of sports as much as Jordan did ever again.
He changed everything on the business side of sports, and influenced the payscale of not only the NBA but all the other professional leagues such as the NFL, NHL, and MLB as well.
Also changed the way companies such as nike, gatorade etc, market their items using professional atheletes.

No athlete will ever be as popular as Jordan worldwide!!! (with the exception of David Beckham)