PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Proxe 4s

TomTom
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
what are everyones comments on these.
s i need new tires on the car, and there not much to choose from here , the place i went to sold toyo proxe 4s 215/35/19's for 330 put on the rim and balanced.

bspot
05-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I had FZ4's, and they deffinately weren't worth the cash. Although they were actually decent in the snow. It seems Toyo is lagging behind these days.

Boostn
05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Can't comment on the Toyo Proxes 4 but the tire it replaced was the FZ4 and I agree with bspot, they were complete crap. The road noise was horrible and performance marginal for a supposed hi perf all season. The only plus about them were the cheap price but even that's not good enough. Generally you do get what you pay for...

BokCh0y
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Boostn
Can't comment on the Toyo Proxes 4 but the tire it replaced was the FZ4 and I agree with bspot, they were complete crap. The road noise was horrible and performance marginal for a supposed hi perf all season. The only plus about them were the cheap price but even that's not good enough. Generally you do get what you pay for...

:werd:

i found with my fz4's the compound "burned off really fast" plus the performance wasn't really that great. they were alright in terms of grip on dry pavement but terrible on wet. i think it even had "all season" on the sidewall but not too sure. what i am sure though is the fz4's suck in snow. suck in wet. alright on dry. they are cheap for the dough but not worth it in the long run.

TomTom
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
i dont know why he even got me a price on them i dont need all season the cars gona be parked again as soon as snow hits the road. i need 215/35/19s
where should i look? the tires that are on it now are perelli 7000s

B20EF
05-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I have Toyo Proxes 4's and I love them, they handle great when they're new, but I don't really have much to compare them to

Bonka
05-12-2005, 02:56 AM
A local Maxima guy has the Proxes 4. They are awesome. I have the slight edge in dry traction with my Kumho MX's but the 4's are loads better at wet traction, treadwear and noise. They're a little heavier than the MX's but they're quite awesome for the price.

They are an all-season tire though so I probably wouldn't have gotten it even had I known about them when I purchased my Kumhos.

tirebob
05-12-2005, 09:12 AM
The Proxes4 is a serious step up from the old FZ4. It is actually a very good product and gets great reviews from most people who use them...