PDA

View Full Version : oil and brake lines

clem24
05-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,

What oil you guys use in your MR2? My friends been telling me that it might make sense to stick some 20w 50 (or was it even higher), especially if I'll be taking my car out to the track in July. Anyone try it? I am using Mobil 1 10w50 right now.

Also looking for some stainless brake lines. Brakes are feeling a little mushy, hoping to restore some pedal feel. Know where I can find some in town? I suppose Ryan is the best source for this kind of stuff. Maybe you can enlighten me..

Anyways, how about an MR2 meet sometime?

clem..

Redlyne_mr2
05-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey Clem, welcome to the board. With the higher oil temps from the track a thicker oil might be good then again it all depends on the condition of your engine, mileage etc. Mobil 1 is of course the only oil to use, do you have an oil temp gauge? I've had good results with just 5w30 however I have a low mileage car. As for brake lines talk to Nick at Speedtech, he can hook you up with some lines at a really good price. As for a meet Im shooting for early June, still waiiting for the streets to get cleaned.

jvillain
05-11-2005, 08:56 AM
In the spring I run 5-30 in the summer I move to 10-30. Mobil One. I used to switch to Red Line for the race season but don't really bother any more. When I get my rebuild done I will probably go back to Red Line for race season.

I just ordered my brake lines from horsepower freaks in the US. I find I have to waite for parts when I get them locally up here any ways so I might as well get the price brake and selection from the US.

clem24
05-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Who makes good brake lines? My friend recommended Goodrich and Stoptech. I'll go check out speedtech when I am nearby, but I am usually afraid of that place cause I always see lots of ricers parked outside... :)

clem..

Redlyne_mr2
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Who makes good brake lines? My friend recommended Goodrich and Stoptech. I'll go check out speedtech when I am nearby, but I am usually afraid of that place cause I always see lots of ricers parked outside... :)

clem..
Hehe talk to Nick is always willing to help out Sw20 owners, tell him Ryan sent you in. The 2 brands you mentioned are very good as are the TRD ones which can be ordered through your local toyota dealer. (as long as they carry TRD)