PDA

View Full Version : FS: BOV and stock exhaust, PIAA H4

clem24
05-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, have a few things I need to get rid of:

Apex'i BOV, has the adjustable ring on it. Makes the typical "psssssshhh" sound. Bought this from Ryan a few years ago, but I've NEVER installed it. Still complete in it's packaging, so it's brand new. First $225 gets it.

PIAA H4 Plasma bulbs. Used for maybe 2 hours, if even that. I've got HIDs in my car, so I have no use for these. Gives off a very slight purplish hue, definitely has the best HID look without actual HIDs. I bought these in BC a few years back for $120. They've been sitting around for about 3 years now. First $60 gets it.

Stock turbo muffler. This is NOT cut. Perfectly intact. Has some peeling paint on the bottom but otherwise looks great. First $40 gets it.

I think that's about it.

clem..

teknical
05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
bulbs, pm me.

red99600
05-11-2005, 12:37 AM
dibs on exhaust

clem24
05-11-2005, 09:22 AM
PM'ed and replied.

clem24
05-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Ok, had interest in the 2 items, but no one has picked them up yet, everything is still for sale. First come first served. How about $200 for the BOV? It's brand new!!! This is the ebay price in US dollars! I paid something like $340 new from Ryan.

stealth
05-15-2005, 11:02 AM
do happen to have a link to the sound clip of the BOV?

clem24
05-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Hmm.. no link, but it just sounds like a very typical "pssshhh". There's a ring that allows you to control how loud you want it. This is actually a replacement BOV I got from Ryan. I only bought it cause I thought my stock BOV was toast (cause my car wouldn't go past 5psi).

The first one I bought, I had it installed, but didn't tighten the screw that controls the release pressure point or whatever it is. Anyway, I ended up losing the screw and the BOV was stuck open and as a result I was getting no boost. Anyway, I stuck the stock one back on, and after getting the replacement, didn't bother installing it cause I figured it wans't the BOV after all.

clem..

stealth
05-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Does it come with the adaptor for the IC pipe?

clem24
05-20-2005, 09:07 AM
The BOV comes with the adaptor for mounting and a gasket as well, and a cap for the intake (as the stock one vents back to intake). It's basically a bolt on kit. No mods required.

However, there is one catch: for some reason (and this is true on ALL Apexi MKII BOVs), you need to grind a bit away from the adaptor to make it fit. Somehow they made it too big (which I suppose is favourable to making it too small). I just used one of those rotary sanders/grinders. Took about 10 minutes max? Just make sure to grind small amounts at a time and continually check fitment.

clem..

stealth
05-20-2005, 06:12 PM
hmm ill let you know by tomorrow. are there any parts that you need or are interested in for a trade perhaps?

Sam

clem24
05-20-2005, 08:05 PM
What you got? I need stainless brake lines (these would have to be NEW of course), '94+ tails/centre piece, '93 lip, gun grey solid mouldings.. um.. That's pretty much it. Oh, and probably a new Master Cylinder.

stealth
05-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Hhaha none of those.

Might have to wait till payday, because pretty soon here ill have to fork out a hunk of change on some maintenance I got done.

Sam