PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Eclipse

mshaw
05-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Im looking at buying an 95 - 99 eclipse turbo and am wondering what sort of price i would have to pay on top of buying the car to get it back across the border from the US

CalgarySupra
05-11-2005, 01:52 AM
what would you pay for one already in calgary?

mshaw
05-11-2005, 01:54 AM
depends what kinda shape and stuff, u got one for sale?(dont want a spyder)

tapout
05-11-2005, 02:30 AM
from what i no there is duty tax .out of province inspection, its a pain in the ass man buy one here

k_dawg
05-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by tapout
from what i no there is duty tax .out of province inspection, its a pain in the ass man buy one here

I'm not to sure on the price but I think after all the duty taxs, inspection and stuff its like an extra 700 - 1000 bucks. Can someone else verify this price?

PorknBeans
05-11-2005, 07:44 AM
fuck no. Its more like 2 grand. 7% duty, 7% tax, + RIV fees, + inspection. They always find something wrong when you take it to inspection. Even the smallest shit.

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by PorknBeans
fuck no. Its more like 2 grand. 7% duty, 7% tax, + RIV fees, + inspection. They always find something wrong when you take it to inspection. Even the smallest shit.

true
they don't seem to care about mods too much, though, so you could have all the engine and performance stuff you want and a crazy body kit and its no big deal.
but they do care if you are missing windshield washer jets (if the car has a CF hood, it probably is), the baby seat restraint system (you only need to buy one... you don't need to install it), daytime running lights (they will do this for a price), illegal tint, bald tires or racing tires, stuff like that.
look on dsmtuners.com for a lot of Eclipses, add around $2k and a lot of headaches to that price, and you have an idea of how much it costs.
expect to spend $13,000+ for a decent GS-T and $15,000+ for a decent GSX. might as well get one with lots of mods, since they won't cost you extra.

mshaw
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
ok thanks for that info, i figured it would be around 2 grandish