PDA

View Full Version : license/ticket question

redline_13000
01-11-2003, 07:55 PM
if i am driving and get stopped without my license on me..and get a "failed to produce license" or whatever..is it true i have a certain amount of time to take it in to the station and get the ticket thrown out?

Ben
01-11-2003, 08:00 PM
the ticket wont get thrown out, its a ticket no matter what. It is an offence to opperate a motor vehicle without proof of drivers licence, your regestration and your insurance documents. Now if he writes you up for driving without a valid licence (insurance, registration are the same), as in you dont have a drivers licence, then you are screwed, you have I think 48 hours to produce proof of licence, your vehicle is towed on the spot, and you are delt a big slap on the wrist

redline_13000
01-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Benny
the ticket wont get thrown out, its a ticket no matter what. It is an offence to opperate a motor vehicle without proof of drivers licence, your regestration and your insurance documents. Now if he writes you up for driving without a valid licence (insurance, registration are the same), as in you dont have a drivers licence, then you are screwed, you have I think 48 hours to produce proof of licence, your vehicle is towed on the spot, and you are delt a big slap on the wrist

alright thanks ben!