PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, 2pac wasn't that "great" of a rapper..

Komplekshun
05-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I mean, Jayz, Biggie, Eminem, 50 cent, Nas, The game are all better than him...

Sure he was a wealth of material, but he wasn't as lyrical as some may think.

I think he dissed most of those guys out of fear, because he wasnt as talented.

Tupac the actor >>>> 2pac the rapper

90s_tuner
05-11-2005, 11:28 AM
okay buddy

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 11:29 AM
:whocares:

QuasarCav
05-11-2005, 11:35 AM

I dont even listen to hip-hop and I think you are wrong.

Def_3
05-11-2005, 11:35 AM
come on guys I think someones looking for some affection heres a thumbs up for ya bud :thumbsup:

Def_3
05-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Komplekshun

Lyrically, Jay-z and em can compete, 50 nas and game are all chroned out guys who have their songs wirtten for them:rolleyes:

Mad$ella
05-11-2005, 11:38 AM

IMO...
You are a fucking tool, and dont know shit, show some respect.
Like seriously Eminem/The game/50 cent better than Tupac... FUCK YOU ARE A MORON!!!
Notorious & Jay-Z are in the same class as Tupac, but you need to get your shit straight buddy.

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
2 Pac is a legend, he will always be a legend, Eminem can cuss out people with Ease, but 2 Pac rapped about shit going on in and aroudn his life and in the lifes of black americans.

To say he was and is not the Greatest Rapper takes alot of balls.

but ive decided you only post threads to get a rise out of people, because none of them make sence.

finboy
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM

is this some kind of weakass owning? no one is that dumb

90s_tuner
05-11-2005, 11:41 AM
lets turn this into something better. P Diddy cannot rap worth shit.

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 90s_tuner
lets turn this into something better. P Diddy cannot rap worth shit.

but he is a savvy business man :thumbsup:

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

but he is a savvy business man :thumbsup:

Not only that, he had a TV show:thumbsup:

Mad$ella
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

but he (p. diddy) is a savvy business man :thumbsup:

:werd:

tapout
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM

Tupac the actor >>>> 2pac the rapper :whocares:

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 11:55 AM

he was a good rapper, yeah, but its hard to choose just one guy for the greatest rapper. him, biggy, jay-z, are on equal footing if you ask me, I'd say Nas and Dre are close because Illmatic, the Chronic (which changed the face of rap) and the Chronic 2001 (to a lesser extent) are brilliant discs..
50 Cent and the Game are nowhere near tupac. the Game needs to do another CD. 50's a hack.

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Classic case of newschool vs oldschool

stumpy80
05-11-2005, 12:02 PM
no its not asiancaucasian lol

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by stumpy80
no its not asiancaucasian lol

damn it! i just wanted to see komplekshun's reply to that :p

bonnieclyde240
05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
there is no way 2Pac is comparible to 50 cent or the game, let alone better than him...he'd spit on his own grave if he ever heard that.

finboy
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

he was a good rapper, yeah, but its hard to choose just one guy for the greatest rapper. him, biggy, jay-z, are on equal footing if you ask me, I'd say Nas and Dre are close because Illmatic, the Chronic (which changed the face of rap) and the Chronic 2001 (to a lesser extent) are brilliant discs..
50 Cent and the Game are nowhere near tupac. the Game needs to do another CD. 50's a hack.

the reason most say 2pac was the best was because he was the best overall rapper, jay-z and biggie had better flow, but when it came to content they couldn't hold a candle to what pac had to offer. nas isn't bad, i'd say he's the closest you can compare, but still lacks the the same amount of skill as 2pac when it comes to lyrical content and delivery. and dre, well he's a good producer but all of his rhymes are ghost written.

50 and game, not even close, neither of them have good lyrics, they are just riding some great production.

Komplekshun
05-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Think about it... Why would 2pac diss the likes of Jayz, Nas and Biggie if he was CLEARLY better then them?

Obviously he did have issues within that were brought about in his lyrics and actions.

2pac is a good rapper, had a wealth of material, and was a very hard-worker. But he just doesnt match the talent level or the Wit of the rappers aforementioned.

True story.

D'z Nutz
05-11-2005, 12:13 PM

How the hell can you even add Dre into the equation? He doesn't even write his own material and it's not even something he'll argue against. If you listen to any of his verses on Chronic 2001, his style is completely inconsistant. Jay-Z wrote his verse on Still D.R.E., and you can totally tell Eminem wrote some of his other stuff on that album (ie: Forgot About Dre). Ninety percent of the first Chronic album was written by D.O.C. (and even much of Snoop's first album), and again, this is something that Dre and Snoop have acknowledged. Back in the day, Dre even said he wasn't a rapper, but a DJ. This still pretty much holds true, although some question how much producing is actually his.

Tupac was a great MC. Lots of great content and the lyrics to back it up. Biggie and Eminem are great MC's as well, but a lot of their material lacks substance. 50 and Game are nowhere in the same league. Jigga took a long time for me to accept, since he was pretty much Biggie's lacky until he passed away. But a lot of his more recent stuff I've come to enjoy. I might have to give his older stuff a listen through again. The Game's album was more hype than anything, if you ask me. I don't think any of these MC's had lyrics that really moved me the way Tupac did. And ever since Nas's "It Was Written" album, I refuse to listen to anything by him. That shit ass album cost me $18 and it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth everytime I think of it! :rofl:

IMO, Big L's death was more of a loss to hip-hop then Biggie. He had some crazy amazing lyrics that could put Biggie to shame.

I miss the days of good hip-hop. I have difficulty listening to anything new these days :(

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree on the 50 riding great production, the Game does it to a lesser extent I guess but his rhymes are more solid
tupac was good, but there are a lot of parallels between him and other rappers.. he was all about beefing, fighting, all that shit, he had some solid songs where he talked about important issues with good insight, but the rest of his stuff is a lot like the shit 50 shovels out with all his beefs
jay-z has some good songs, his CD "Reasonable doubt" was all about bein grown up, not like biggy and the rest who just rap about juvenile shit like gettin high and fighting
it is impossible to name just one good or one "best" rapper..
some people might say its all about who pioneered the genre, I guess N.W.A would win for that (rap group whatever), or the best flow (Jay-Z) or the best lyricist (toss-up between a lot of people) or best productions or so on

haha D'z if you don't like the mainstream, go underground.. Jedi Mind Tricks or E-F@mm or Tonedeff or Mos Def or Talib Kweli

ZorroAMG
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I personally agree....I thought 2pac was lame, but this thread is even more lame.

sputnik
05-11-2005, 12:18 PM
are you done creating asinine threads?

D'z Nutz
05-11-2005, 12:23 PM

haha D'z if you don't like the mainstream, go underground.. Jedi Mind Tricks or E-F@mm or Tonedeff or Mos Def or Talib Kweli

Actually, I do. I've been listening to Mos ever since "Body Rock" with Tash and Tip. I still like to pop in Blackstar once in a while. Mos's recent album was the most amazing thing in hip-hop I've heard for a while. I find that I've been listening to a lot of pre-1995 albums lately...

aznexec
05-11-2005, 12:25 PM

obviously u haven't heard many of his songs..probably just the comercial 'radio station' played tracks... he is writes his own stuff, the content is actually worth listening to/meaningful, and he definitely has the flow.

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Actually, I do. I've been listening to Mos ever since "Body Rock" with Tash and Tip. I still like to pop in Blackstar once in a while. Mos's recent album was the most amazing thing in hip-hop I've heard for a while. I find that I've been listening to a lot of pre-1995 albums lately...

you should check out the Jedi Mind Tricks.. they got a really old-school style, really ragged rhymes with a lot of edge on them. not really my bag, good stuff in any case though, its been growin on me lately

finboy
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I agree on the 50 riding great production, the Game does it to a lesser extent I guess but his rhymes are more solid
tupac was good, but there are a lot of parallels between him and other rappers.. he was all about beefing, fighting, all that shit, he had some solid songs where he talked about important issues with good insight, but the rest of his stuff is a lot like the shit 50 shovels out with all his beefs
jay-z has some good songs, his CD "Reasonable doubt" was all about bein grown up, not like biggy and the rest who just rap about juvenile shit like gettin high and fighting
it is impossible to name just one good or one "best" rapper..
some people might say its all about who pioneered the genre, I guess N.W.A would win for that (rap group whatever), or the best flow (Jay-Z) or the best lyricist (toss-up between a lot of people) or best productions or so on

2pac had beefs with so many people for the same reason that eminem, jayz, nas, 50, etc. had beefs, it sold records. but if you look past the beef records (and the fact that tupac actually thought diddy/biggie had him shot) then you can see why people appreceated 2pacs work. look past 50 cent beefs, or eminiem's, etc. is there really any worthwhile content there? 50 raps about being shot 9 times and thats about it, eminem raps about his mom and daughter, jay z raps about being the greatest and touches on his rough past a bit, etc.

88CRX
05-11-2005, 12:35 PM
i dont like pac's music at all.

em > 2pac

jumperman8
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I personally agree....I thought 2pac was lame, but this thread is even more lame.

Its different for people that listen to Hip Hop adn those that relate and live hip hop, but i respect you for not being a dick about it.:thumbsup:

/////AMG
05-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I miss the days of good hip-hop. I have difficulty listening to anything new these days :(

PS. I also thinks it's safe to say any thread Komplekshun posts, it's attention seeking or he just wants to see people argue.

403Gemini
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
like finboy said, tupac had the content. his songs had meaning, plain and simple

legendboy
05-11-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/BTE.gif

Street_Soldier
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Naw man 2pac is the best no question. Watch that 2Pac movie (resurrection) and you will see why hes the best.

civicrider187
05-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
2 Pac is a legend, he will always be a legend, Eminem can cuss out people with Ease, but 2 Pac rapped about shit going on in and aroudn his life and in the lifes of black americans.

To say he was and is not the Greatest Rapper takes alot of balls.

but ive decided you only post threads to get a rise out of people, because none of them make sence.

:thumbsup:

civicrider
05-11-2005, 03:08 PM
wow the only thing this guys posts are threads like this:rolleyes:
kobe>>>>next jordan

Komplekshun'a threads>>>>>>gay

if you knew anything about 2pac you would know why hes so famous.......

limecorrado
05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
2 pac had more flow than anyone since. Jay z and em are the best ones left.

50 cent is brutal, all i hear is muttering when he raps. Nas has'nt released anything remotely good in ages.

civicrider
05-11-2005, 03:31 PM
jayz is pretty bad, he makes so many CD's but they always suck ass except one or two songs, thats not a good rapper.

T-Dubbs
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
i couldnt of said it better myself

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
jayz is pretty bad, he makes so many CD's but they always suck ass except one or two songs, thats not a good rapper.

i don't like his productions at all on most songs
there is a reason why Numb/Encore - Jay Z vs. Linkin Park is Jay's biggest hit.

bspot
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM

i don't like his productions at all on most songs
there is a reason why Numb/Encore - Jay Z vs. Linkin Park is Jay's biggest hit.

Agreed, if you combined Jay's rapping with Dre's producing... :drool:

statick
05-11-2005, 04:38 PM
IMO tupac is pretty damn good, he had good flow/content. Jay-z is not too great at all i think (especially considering anything released after his second album). as many ppl have said, 50 cent and most new ppl are pretty bad. nas' old stuff (i.e.- the message) was almost comparable to tupacs songs. biggie was definitly on the same ground as 2pac.

i personally think the best rapper alive is probably common, i would say DMX aswell, but his newer sht is pretty weak. and the best rapper in general would be either 2pac, biggie, or big L.

for any guys out there like d'z nuts/bumpintalon, who are into the underground stuff, check out Styles Of Beyond.

Chester
05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
For those guys into underground check out 7L & Esoteric, Akrobatik, Hi-Tek and Cuninlynguists. Those are just a few out of tons.

doublepostwhore
05-11-2005, 09:48 PM
^ Binary star, Classified, Dope Mix, Alot of different underground talent.

If you dont like tupacs music cool... and its all about taste some like it some dont.

Tupac is by far the greatest lyricist in the MAIN STREAM rap scene, he was so great because intead of sellign out like most every rapper these days do... (jay-z, 50, em, all the gay-unit reps) . Tupacs music was mainly so good because of his street cred and the stuff he rapped about was real and actual occurances in his life... not just some newb rapping about getting poped over buying dohnuts from the wrong side of LA :zzz:.

There is no way that one can discredit the talent tupac had, however one can argue that his music had no bearings/relevance to their life... and thats okay because how many of us run from the 5-0 and haev to sleep witth one eye open?

Tupac was a visionary and a great rapper he went beyond convention and actually put his soul into the music and thats why alot of the reasons why he is so famous is becuase those who CHOOSE to relate, realate on diffrent aspects in their lifes.

For the record I believe there are many MANY equally talented underground hiphop legends just waiting to come up!

BumpinTalon
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
For the record I believe there are many MANY equally talented underground hiphop legends just waiting to come up!

the face of music has changed so much, they will never come up unless they sell out
even pac had all those beefs and bullshit ballin songs as singles, the good stuff was hidden on his albums. at least Nas had the balls to put out that "You know you can" song with all the little kids singin as a single :D

Chanica
05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
okay first of all tupac is an amazing rapper..no one can deny it if you listen to even a few of his songs..yes there are other good ones out there but they are all jus tupac wannabes..trying to top him but IMO they jus cant. he is and i think always will be the best rapper..not only an amazing rapper but an amazing human being as well.

Z24_3.1
05-12-2005, 12:05 AM
someone is stupid?:drama: :drama: :whipped: :guns: :bullshit:

ryder_23
05-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Tupac's era of rap = Rapping about life problems, racial problems, etc..."blunts, forties, and bitchs"

todays rap = bragging about how many tiems u can get shot, how big your rims are on your car, how many guns you own, etc...

i'm not even gonna argue, i've been a tupac fan before everyone jumped on the pac bandwagon. To each there own, but just comparing him to 50, the game, etc... HAHAHA wow.

And this thread is pretty pointless, reminds me of eacfh time a tupac thread comes up, it gets closed :rofl:

jepree
05-12-2005, 12:23 AM
i think beef is better than pork and chicken is better than fish but i like lobster and crab n' then again thoes are crustations not fish! G-G-G-G-G UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:guns:

jepree
05-12-2005, 12:31 AM
oh and tupac was an opressed african american who had something to say a voice for the minority and not just a frail voice in todays music industry. a song hits harder when you can feel the soul through the words of man whos story is a struggle of survive. he rapped about truth and about drugs but hes been there and so to him his poems/songs were his paridise and his safe haven. but honestly i say let the man rest in peace he was an icon and a legend in the hearts of thoes who know music!

turbotrip
05-12-2005, 12:41 AM
what no love for DMX?
in my opinion tupac and DMX are 2 of the best rappers to have rapped, closely followed by biggie. But tupac was so successful because unlike most rappers, he had so many different personalities/angles, that a person can always relate to atleast one of them, and DMX is the same way

tapout
05-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by jepree
oh and tupac was an opressed african american who had something to say a voice for the minority and not just a frail voice in todays music industry. a song hits harder when you can feel the soul through the words of man whos story is a struggle of survive. he rapped about truth and about drugs but hes been there and so to him his poems/songs were his paridise and his safe haven. but honestly i say let the man rest in peace he was an icon and a legend in the hearts of thoes who know music! very very well said good post man:thumbsup:

Chanica
05-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Z24_3.1
someone is stupid?:drama: :drama: :whipped: :guns: :bullshit:

care to explain...

shakalaka
05-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Chanica

care to explain...

I dont think he meant it for you. It was prolly for the poster of this thread.

brownchild
05-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Im a big hip hop fan, listen to it all the time. Pumps you up and shit, before working out. Unfortunently a lot of you are uneducated about the hip hop world. Especially the fools who are talking shit about the greatest rapper ever. Noone should even be compared not even BIGGIE. Listen closely to his lyrics and the passion in his voice when hes rapping them. All those rappers that you named that work for Shady Aftermath are fukkin GARBAGE. 50 cent, eminem and dre even game (hes alright, affiliated with the wrong people) are nothing. They dont believe a word they say in their lyrics. They are all run by a rich white man who doesnt know anything about the music. The only real rappers left are Ja Rule and Kurupt . Unfortunenlty their companies are in legal troubles, and people like 50 cent and Eminem have support from all the media and the little white suburban kids who pump their music, because Shady Aftermath has money to advertise on radio. The rap game is confused right now, but things will be set straight when DEATHROW and THE INC are back on top.

gen2teggy
05-12-2005, 02:37 AM
2pac is raps about deep shit

brownchild
05-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Those who love rap need to check out one of the greatest cd's ever released ever since 2pac has been "dead" who really knows?. JA RULE - BLOOD IN MY EYE trust me on this one I know a lot of people here hate on this guy. People in the states, especially in New York and L.A. show love. So do all the legends such as Mary J. Blige, R. Kelly and Bobby Brown, and also 2Pacs old affiliations such as DEATHROW, and HUSSIEN FATAL.

BumpinTalon
05-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
what no love for DMX?
in my opinion tupac and DMX are 2 of the best rappers to have rapped, closely followed by biggie. But tupac was so successful because unlike most rappers, he had so many different personalities/angles, that a person can always relate to atleast one of them, and DMX is the same way

when DMX came up everybody called him the next pac, he did some awesome songs that kicked ass and were honest, like pac, but he's fallin off since then and can't sort out his drug problem enough to get back to that point

jumperman8
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Tupac's era of rap = Rapping about life problems, racial problems, etc..."blunts, forties, and bitchs"

i could of sworn that was on the Eminems first LP,

"You know hwy Dre's albums are so good, because hes rapping about blunts, forties and bitches. You are rapping about raping your mother, killing your wife."

tictactoe2004
05-12-2005, 11:39 AM
There will never be another pac... there are lots of great rappers, but when they're gone none of them will be remembered in the same was as pac...

25 years from now pac will be a name to remember like the beatles or elvis, he will still have fans, he will still be talked about, he will still be remembered, he will always be remembered....

Anyone who compares him to these other rappers just doesnt know what they're talking about, just because you didnt like his music doesnt change the fact that he was the king of hip hop and always will be.

Consider this, he's been dead for almost 10 years... he's still on the radio, he's still dropping albums, he's still being called the best of the best, he's still being compared to with everyone in a "Yeah, he's good, but do you think he's better than pac?" way....

:closed:

vcteggy
05-12-2005, 11:48 AM
anyoen wanna guess kompleskun's next thread... mine is

Usher>>>>>>tu pac

/////AMG
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Or The USA isn't a gang, countries force the US to pick on them (Bush >>>>> hero, do we all agree, good)

statick
05-12-2005, 12:01 PM

when DMX came up everybody called him the next pac, he did some awesome songs that kicked ass and were honest, like pac, but he's fallin off since then and can't sort out his drug problem enough to get back to that point

:werd: as i said earlier...DMX has some real good sht (i.e- let me fly or give me death), but ltos of his recent sht, while pretty good, has not been up to par with his older stuff. next to common, he's in the running for best rapper alive.

jumperman8
05-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I got it i got it

Taking versus Recieving, who likes to grab ankles more then me?

lancer04
05-15-2005, 01:56 AM
ya right , no one has mic presense the way pac did it ,
if ur talkin about lyrically half the people u named are shit cept for like jay z and nas

chino xl has better lyrics then ALL of them but he prolly can't even push 2000 units

whats ur point

nhlfan
05-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
like finboy said, tupac had the content. his songs had meaning, plain and simple
:closed:

HuMz
05-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Def_3

Lyrically, Jay-z and em can compete, 50 nas and game are all chroned out guys who have their songs wirtten for them:rolleyes:

you've probably never listed to a full length nas cd, he rights all his shit and is amazing lyrically to the same extend as jay z if not better

LudeRoca
05-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Komplekshun buddy your a fucking moron and should be banned for been sooooo stupid. Pac dissed Jay z and biggie cause they had beef east vs west. If you could tell your head from your ass you would know that. Comparring 50 cent to pac is like comparing a riced out civic to a ferrari. :rolleyes:

d-UNiT
05-15-2005, 09:50 AM
i dont think jay z qualifies to be in the same cateogory as tupac, i mean jay z had tonnes of albums right, but how many of them are memorable?, nas is good, but hes not as mainstream as 2pac was which means he is not in the same league, the only two people i can think that are anywhere near as good as 2pac is biggie and em, .. biggie is for sure because like 2pac his music is timeless and we all still listen to both of them, em, is good now, and he still has some raps in him, he has had a lot of catchy tunes with the side of controversial ones as well, a lot of his songs are not timeless though, but i still think he is close to being as legendary as 2pac and big,.. weird how no one has said snoop or dre :dunno: they have had a lot of albums, and quite a few hit songs, but they arent at the pinacle that 2pac reached.. imo

Rockski
05-15-2005, 10:03 AM
well i think all of you are wrong... CRISS CROSS is up on top :D :rolleyes:

JordanEG6
05-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Think about it... Why would 2pac diss the likes of Jayz, Nas and Biggie if he was CLEARLY better then them?

Obviously he did have issues within that were brought about in his lyrics and actions.

2pac is a good rapper, had a wealth of material, and was a very hard-worker. But he just doesnt match the talent level or the Wit of the rappers aforementioned.

True story.

if you have ever paid attention to hip hip back in the day, is was all about just biggie and tupac in the first place. tupac created his first diss, which he wrote in LESS THAN AN HOUR to biggie for copying pac's album and then having it released before tupac did. then he released his diss 'hit em up' in his 'all eyes on me' CD to compensate for the work lost in the production of his first CD, which biggie apparently copied. then everyone else in the east coast, stuck their nose in (ie: LL Cool J, Jay Z, Puffy, Chino XL, Lil' Kim etc. ) and then exploded into the whole east coast west coast thing. as for greatness, hes a king poet and writes his own shit while most the rappers you name, get their fame from rapping stuff that is written for them.

but either way, this thread is UBER GAY and really...:whocares:

habsfan
05-15-2005, 06:54 PM
dear god why oh why hasnt this douchebag been banned yet :banghead: :banghead: