PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Thread-Spray Tanning in Calgary?

Chanica
05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey gurls im looking for a place in calgary where you can get that spray tan...you know where you stand in a booth and they spray you with it and it only lasts like a couple months or something? i jus really need one for grad and i cant get minutes cuz i jus got my tattoo so i dont want it to fade..
if you know of any places that would help a lot!
thanks! =)

AsianCaucasian
05-11-2005, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine used one of those (I forget where sorry) and she came out looking pretty freaky... When she looked in the mirror once she got home she started crying. Wouldn't recommend it.

Davetronz
05-11-2005, 05:43 PM
My ex gf did the same thing... She was "orange" for a few weeks and the stuff they use smells weird...

Chanica
05-11-2005, 08:52 PM
really?? hmm maybe i shouldnt then...or maybe ill jus start off witha lighter shade and see how it goes..

Skyline_Addict
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
baking in the sun is the best way, if you're willing to do it..

GTS Jeff
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
What's with all these "ladies' threads?"

You sexist pig.

BigDannyCool
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
what's wrong with being pasty white? not that i'm pasty white, i tan easily

JordanLotoski
05-11-2005, 09:23 PM
smart tan in shawnessy has a mistic tanning bed....works great do level 3 hahaha;)

BebeAphrodite
05-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Yep, you're looking for a Mystic tan and Sweetan has them. The one I go to is on 15th Ave SW just right off of 17th Ave. It doesn't last months at all. I'd give it under a week. It fades really unevenly as well and when engaged in 'sweaty' activities the tan rubs off on yourself as well as others in contact with you. It's pretty disgusting. And even when you try to get off the rest of it (because it comes off in patches), it won't come off on its own. I've done it once and never again. Btw, I did a level 2 tan and I was already lightly tanned already.
And Mystic tan was sorta orangy too.
What I do recommend if you're looking for a quick 'safe' tan is to use Neutrogena's gradual tan. I have sooo many bottles of instant tanners because I tried so many of them (as well as several on the Neutrogena line).

PGTze
05-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

You sexist pig.

:rofl:

Talies R
05-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

You sexist pig.

you beat me to that thought Jeff!

Orbie
05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
when engaged in 'sweaty' activities the tan rubs off on yourself as well as others in contact with you.

Sorry Bebe, couldn't resist :rofl:

Chanica
05-11-2005, 11:20 PM
i jus need a quick tan for grad...so actual sun bathing is out of the question. im gettin mixed responses from the mystic tan..some say they like it (MYWYFSHT) and some say they don't (Bebe..) so yeahh now i dont really know what to do:dunno:

JordanLotoski
05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
guess it depends on your skin..what i do is tan for 5 minutes first with no lotion , then do a mystic...i havnt been tanning in months, but always worked great for me..make sure to do no more then level 2, and make sure to really wipe your hands and feet down when your done.

BebeAphrodite
05-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Chanica
i jus need a quick tan for grad...so actual sun bathing is out of the question. im gettin mixed responses from the mystic tan..some say they like it (MYWYFSHT) and some say they don't (Bebe..) so yeahh now i dont really know what to do:dunno:

You can get colour in about 5 days going to the bed starting at 5 minutes then 6 minutes then 7 minutes then 8 minutes then 9 minutes. When I want a natural tan really fast then that's what I do but when I need an immediate tan I use the Neutrogena gradual tan over a period of 2 days to prevent streaks because even tho I get help applying the lotion, it's still easy to mess up even when the bottles claim mess-free and streak-free. The Gradual tan was the hardest one to fuck up and half the time that I apply it, I'm in a huge rush. Other girls I've recommended it to like it as well. The instant tans stink as well.
But seriously, the Mystic tan is orange in colour and rubs off sooo bad in the following days and because it dries so fast if u screw it up right when u get it on it stays for a couple days and it goes on pretty dark. Stay away from the Mystic tan unless you've had a couple applications with it and learn how to use it well. I chatted w/ the ppl at Sweetan and even they admitted that it takes a couple applications to get it right IF you don't mind the way it fades. And I put tons of lotion on to make the fading even but it doesn't work. Don't look like an orange for grad. Just use Neutrogena's gradual fade over a period of 2 days if you want the best results possible and don't forget to exfoliate.

Chanica
05-11-2005, 11:57 PM
alright i guess ill try that first..thanks alot!:D

Chanica
05-11-2005, 11:59 PM
oh yeah one more thing...was the tan actually noticable with the build on tan??

sputnik
05-12-2005, 06:57 AM
I would rather be white for grad than risk being orange with my coat of paint running down my forehead and staining my clothes.

abyss
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I would rather be white for grad than risk being orange with my coat of paint running down my forehead and staining my clothes.

I agree, it's a little late to start experimenting with stuff like that.

Chanica
05-12-2005, 02:26 PM
yeahh but if bebeaphrodite says the build a tan works i dont see why i shoudlnt try it..

lam-boy
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
whats preventing you from tanning with the sun?
unless your grad is tomorrow...(the sun is still out at this time you know, maybe you should use it with all the time you use when you skip school.)

BebeAphrodite
05-12-2005, 02:32 PM
yeahh but if bebeaphrodite says the build a tan works i dont see why i shoudlnt try it..

It takes at least two applications to get a nice base tan. Do keep in mind that even though it is a 'gradual' tan, you will still get colour after the first application and if you screw it up it will be noticeable BUT less noticeable than some of the other products because you're building up the tan. If you can, get someone to do your back so that your back won't be uneven. Honestly tho, it does take some practice to apply the tans evenly and be careful when you wash your hands after because ur hands will tan as well and if you wash off all of the tanning lotion then you will have white hands w/ a darker arm (which looks stupid too) - oo and don't forget the feet/toes as well. What I do sometimes is apply what I can, wash my hands, then get someone else to apply to the back as well as my hands.
If you want it in time for grad, don't wait until day before grad, start a lil earlier to get the hang of applying it. I had soo many streaky tans while I was experimenting but I did a lot of it in the winter when I wasn't wearing skirts because I had been told that it takes practice to apply it evenly

Chanica
05-12-2005, 02:36 PM
thankyou:) maybe ill jus get some tanning minutes and go like every other day or something =S cuz im scared to go streaky and stuff cuz is like a week till my grad

BebeAphrodite
05-12-2005, 02:43 PM
thankyou:) maybe ill jus get some tanning minutes and go like every other day or something =S cuz im scared to go streaky and stuff cuz is like a week till my grad

Start right away and make sure you don't BURN. Start at 5, then 6, etc and just go everyday with really minimal time, that way you don't burn and you get a great tan. I've burned a couple times in the beds before I developed a system. I've even burned at 10 minutes when I don't build up to it and as a comparison I can play outside in the sun all day without getting burned. So if you're pale start really low and just go daily.

But ya, I wouldn't go fake tan this soon before or else you could look orange and streaky.

jumperman8
05-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

You can get colour in about 5 days going to the bed starting at 5 minutes then 6 minutes then 7 minutes then 8 minutes then 9 minutes. When I want a natural tan really fast then that's what I do but when I need an immediate tan I use the Neutrogena gradual tan over a period of 2 days to prevent streaks because even tho I get help applying the lotion, it's still easy to mess up even when the bottles claim mess-free and streak-free. The Gradual tan was the hardest one to fuck up and half the time that I apply it, I'm in a huge rush. Other girls I've recommended it to like it as well. The instant tans stink as well.
But seriously, the Mystic tan is orange in colour and rubs off sooo bad in the following days and because it dries so fast if u screw it up right when u get it on it stays for a couple days and it goes on pretty dark. Stay away from the Mystic tan unless you've had a couple applications with it and learn how to use it well. I chatted w/ the ppl at Sweetan and even they admitted that it takes a couple applications to get it right IF you don't mind the way it fades. And I put tons of lotion on to make the fading even but it doesn't work. Don't look like an orange for grad. Just use Neutrogena's gradual fade over a period of 2 days if you want the best results possible and don't forget to exfoliate.

ya i got color
RED
hahahahaha

BumpinTalon
05-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I tanned the other day on my buddy's deck by accident. burned the whole left side of me red, and now i'm a nice even light brown. the UV index is really high right now for some reason, it would not take long to tan outside...

Ben
05-12-2005, 06:49 PM
please do not spray tan. Very aweful. Try the upright tanning tubes, results in a week.

Chanica
05-12-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah i think ill do the build up thing in a bed..how long do you think that would take to have good results?

IncredibleToad
05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
HAHAH CHANICA

Team_Mclaren
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
whats preventing you from tanning with the sun?
unless your grad is tomorrow...(the sun is still out at this time you know, maybe you should use it with all the time you use when you skip school.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: pwned! but ya...

REAL SUN TAN >>>>>> ANYTHING ELSE

case closed

Chanica
05-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by IncredibleToad
HAHAH CHANICA
why are you laughing:cry:

IncredibleToad
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
because im glad i dont have to sun tan to get dark, its a naturally occurring thing for me :nut: