PDA

View Full Version : Need a job... Starting June 15

Kobe
05-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey i Finish Highschool June 15, Then I need a full time job paying atleast $10/h..

I'v only had 2 jobs, but both i have worked for atleast a year and a half each..

Anything from Landscaping to a telus job would be fine.. Just no fast food please...

Any Ideas??

Working for the city of calgary would be nice, but i hear it's really hard to get a job with them..

Would also like to work on the Oil rigs...

Sorath
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
go to the youth employment center, theres usually alot of job offers there

BlkMaxima
05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Go to HYATT Saturn Saab in the auto mall they need a wash bay person. I just left there and I was getting 9/hr very easy just wash cars with a pressure washer. Talk to Kevin if you go!

BlkMaxima
05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
+ hot ass receptionist:drool:

Kobe
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
go to the youth employment center, theres usually alot of job offers there

Isn't there only like 1 month jobs there? I need a ful time job i can work for atleast a year...

Originally posted by BlkMaxima
Go to HYATT Saturn Saab in the auto mall they need a wash bay person. I just left there and I was getting 9/hr very easy just wash cars with a pressure washer. Talk to Kevin if you go!
I Make $9 right now, doing nothing at all..

+ hot ass receptionist:drool:

MMMM how old is this receptionist haha...

Kobe
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Bump.. Anyone have numbers to landscaping places?

jumperman8
05-22-2005, 07:14 PM
if you make 9 bucks a hour to do nothign, why woudl you break your back doign landscaping for an extra dollar an hour.

:bullshit:

Kobe
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
if you make 9 bucks a hour to do nothign, why woudl you break your back doign landscaping for an extra dollar an hour.

:bullshit:

Becuase my job is boring as hell.. And instead of standing on 1 spot for 8 hours a day.. I would rather move around and build some musule.. Also my manager at my job is a bitch :)

BlkMaxima
05-22-2005, 08:02 PM
What are you doing for work right now??

I'm lazy i could use your job lol

Kobe
05-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Cashier at superstore :barf:

who8my_rice
05-22-2005, 08:08 PM
parking lot line painter...$15 an hour :D

BlkMaxima
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Well I guess I'm not that lazy lol

Kobe
05-22-2005, 08:24 PM

Well I guess I'm not that lazy lol

It sucks man.. Been there for a year and 9 months to pay insurance and what not on the car while in school.. Every day, you hear people bitching becuase a price is wrong or some crap like that..... Yah its a horrible job LOL..

Canmorite
05-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Landscaping is what I reccomend. I've been doing it for 3 years, and I started at $9. I'm making $13 now.

Kobe
05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Landscaping is what I reccomend. I've been doing it for 3 years, and I started at $9. I'm making $13 now.

Do you know of any companies that are hiring?

rinny
05-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Go find a surveying job.

Fairly easy to get on. Usually around 12-14/15 to start. If you work out of town they pay food/hotel shit like that, you can always work in town too. Just wont make as much.

kaput
05-23-2005, 12:09 AM

lorenzo
05-23-2005, 12:27 AM
go to an agency...like fridays personell or man power...somthin like that...i used to work for them 5 years ago. back then it was $8.50 now i think its $10 or maYBE more. :thumbsup: they'll hook u up...theyll prolly send u workin at a data centre, encoding cheques and sh!t. slack ass job...lol
goodluck

Kobe
05-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by lorenzo
go to an agency...like fridays personell or man power...somthin like that...i used to work for them 5 years ago. back then it was $8.50 now i think its $10 or maYBE more. :thumbsup: they'll hook u up...theyll prolly send u workin at a data centre, encoding cheques and sh!t. slack ass job...lol
goodluck

Thanks.. I'm going to give them a call...

canadian_hustla
05-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Totem

work in a lumber yard (I did for 1 1/2 years)

good pay, work outside all day rain or shine - lift stuff, and load cars all day

40 hours a week, 11/hr for part time and 12/hr for full time

good luck

Dave P
05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Only a $4 raise over three years? I wouldnt reccomend that to anyone.

Orbie
05-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

Only a $4 raise over three years? I wouldnt reccomend that to anyone.

It's landscaping man, not rocket science, that seems about right to me. Way back when I was working fast food, 1 year got me a 10 cent raise on top of minimum wage (which at the time was about $4.25) woohoo!

Weapon_R
05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Leave north for a year and come back with a serious jump over most of the people here!

Otherwise, warehouses hire for $12/hr.

BumpinTalon
05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
work up north and you will make $50k a year AT LEAST. Work for a company that offers room and food and you will keep a lot of that money, don't rent a house ... it is REALLY expensive. there is so much employment up there, you would have no problem getting a job up there.

AsianCaucasian
05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
work up north and you will make $50k a year AT LEAST. Work for a company that offers room and food and you will keep a lot of that money, don't rent a house ... it is REALLY expensive. there is so much employment up there, you would have no problem getting a job up there.

What are the companies up north that offer LOA's?

Kobe
05-26-2005, 10:05 PM
goodluck

Do you have the number to Man Power, i want to give them a call..

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Totem

good pay, work outside all day rain or shine - lift stuff, and load cars all day

good luck

Ummm sounds good, I'm going to drop off a resume at the one near chinook tommorow maybe..

Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

:werd: This is would a good job to have... Since i have nothing better to do in Calgary, but work...

BumpinTalon
05-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

its a mystery to me... you'd have to phone around and find out. they all offer bussing back and forth though, you leave early (really early) monday morning and come back on friday night from somewhere along Edmonton Trial.

Focus
05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Call PLH Aviation Services. They fuel the airliners at the airport. I know they are looking for people to work in their utility dept. they start at 10.50 I do believe. the number is 221-1929 ask for Cory. Submit a resume. blah blah blah. pretty easy to get on with and after a while you could move up to fueling and make over 12/hr with lots of raises.

Good luck

Kobe
05-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Focus
Call PLH Aviation Services. They fuel the airliners at the airport. I know they are looking for people to work in their utility dept. they start at 10.50 I do believe. the number is 221-1929 ask for Cory. Submit a resume. blah blah blah. pretty easy to get on with and after a while you could move up to fueling and make over 12/hr with lots of raises.

Good luck

Nice, I'm up by COP, but i guess i could drive there every day lol...

Should i tell him anyone told me to call him...

Focus
05-28-2005, 02:00 AM
You could tell him that Chris told you about the job, but I don't think he would really care. PLH is pretty easy to get on with as long as you are a hard worker and don't mind putting in the hours. the sched usually works out to be 4/10's with 3 days off, but there is lots of over time to be had as well. PLH is a good place to work. I had lots of fun with some of the people that worked there.

SoSlowDx
05-28-2005, 01:57 PM
FEDEX Ground

Jynx
05-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Professional Gambler/poker player

Kobe
06-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Jynx

Haha that would be fun..

Anyways, Just handed in my Two week notice at work, Last day is June 14th...

Need to start calling around now...

lastprodigy
06-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Jynx

one month of summer gone by and im still doing this myself :(

rice_eater
06-04-2005, 06:35 AM
www.guest-tek.com apply for the call center and start at $13-$15

XylathaneGTR
06-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, i am also in the same boat as kobe.

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Same....

www.quest-tek.com you need to be fluent in French Spanish or Italian, to apply for the tech support desk :(

sabad66
06-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Same...

Kobe
06-05-2005, 11:35 PM
goodluck

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Totem

good luck

Originally posted by BumpinTalon

Originally posted by Focus

Good luck

A fax number or a number to any of the following places would be nice..

I have a job doing stucco from June 15th, till when I find a better job cuase that is going to be to much work for me...

CanadianBoy69
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM

LMAO lol i feel ur pain haha i do the same lol

which superstore

Kobe
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
I dont work there anymore

Working construction

worked 29 hours in the last 3 days

But i was work at westhills

CanadianBoy69
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I dont work there anymore

Working construction

worked 29 hours in the last 3 days

But i was work at westhills

lol u worked at the westhills one my fav supervisor works there Chris

Kobe
06-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by CanadianBoy69

lol u worked at the westhills one my fav supervisor works there Chris

o ya chris was chill..

good guy...

Always did breaks with him...

CanadianBoy69
06-22-2005, 09:25 PM

o ya chris was chill..

good guy...

Always did breaks with him...

lol when i worked with him in sunridge b4 his transfer lol all we did was sit in the control room doing shit all lol and checkin out hotties

missblondie
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
www.starchoice.com

If you are interested they are doing a lot of hiring right now... Just a suggestion:dunno:

Kobe
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CanadianBoy69

lol when i worked with him in sunridge b4 his transfer lol all we did was sit in the control room doing shit all lol and checkin out hotties

Hahaha, ya, would always tell him wheres there a hottie around our store hahaha..

Originally posted by missblondie
www.starchoice.com

If you are interested they are doing a lot of hiring right now... Just a suggestion:dunno:

Hey thanks, but i got a job already.. maybe someone else that looked at this thread :)

codo
06-23-2005, 12:19 AM
so kobe you like your new job a lot more? I don't think i could've standed working at a superstore or something just doing cashier shit all day I actually like to do something or else the day goes by so fucking slow. Also when you worked at the superstore did you by any chance ever just snap at one of the customers just start yelling at them, personally if some person started complaining to me about the prices I'd tell them where they could go, unless they were bigger than me then id be a pussy haha. Anywho good luck and have fun at your job.

Kobe
06-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by codo
so kobe you like your new job a lot more? I don't think i could've standed working at a superstore or something just doing cashier shit all day I actually like to do something or else the day goes by so fucking slow. Also when you worked at the superstore did you by any chance ever just snap at one of the customers just start yelling at them, personally if some person started complaining to me about the prices I'd tell them where they could go, unless they were bigger than me then id be a pussy haha. Anywho good luck and have fun at your job.

New job is sweet, all we do is play music and work all day, time goes by quick, but its also hard work.. First day i couldn't get out of my car after, was to tired..

Anyways, at superstore there was a few times, once a native guy wanted to fight me, becuase i told him he got the wrong bread.. He blamed it on me, said i'm stupid, and i ruined his shopping experience, so i told him, its not my fault he can't look at a coupon right.. He was pretty pissed

A couple people i just dumped out there grocerys becuase they kept them in the baskets and told me to take it out, thats whats so sweet about superstore, people complain, and you don't get in shit..

Also told a couple people never to come to my till, becuase there just so stubern..

Worst was when i forgot to give some lady 1 penny back, thats right 1 FUCKEN PENNY, she came back 10 minutes later, snapped at me, and told me to give her the money.. I told her straight up, look I didn't understand a penny can break you, so here is 2 :)

I thought she was gunna kill me haha :rofl:

Lots of stories..

Cashier sucks man, don't even apply, they time your breaks and shit aswell..