PDA

View Full Version : LIFE AQUATIC, what a movie

JordanLotoski
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
id say one of the worst movied i have ever seen, absolutly no storey, bad humor, horrible acting, what was bill murry and owen wilson thinking......anyone else see this and feel different?

maybe its just me!

Wildcat
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
thats wierd, i heard really good things about it. i was going to rent it today but it was all out at blockbuster.

statick
05-11-2005, 10:40 PM
i saw it , and liked it...it was quite good.

thats the kind of humour some ppl like and some don't, well i guess most humour is like that.

SwitchBlade
05-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I would have to agree with you in regards to it being a poor quality film despite having so many big name actors.

Keep in mind that it is also a Wes Anderson film. You either love or hate his style. I liked the Royal Tennenbaums but hated Life Aquatic. To each his/her own i guess.

djayz
05-11-2005, 10:48 PM
haha it was stupid humor...slow moving movie but it was pretty good to watch

finboy
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
i thought it was an awsome movie :dunno:

"GET HIM OUT OF ZEE FUCKING WATER" :rofl:

Shaolin
05-11-2005, 11:20 PM
I liked it.. It wasn't awesome, but it was an enjoyable movie. I liked the fact that the humor was different.. not like the traditional humor in most of the movies out now. IE. Jeff Goldblum hitting the dog with the newspaper or whatever, and the crew fighting while walking around in the ship set.. just stupid things like that I actually found amusing :D

finboy
05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I liked it.. It wasn't awesome, but it was an enjoyable movie. I liked the fact that the humor was different.. not like the traditional humor in most of the movies out now. IE. Jeff Goldblum hitting the dog with the newspaper or whatever, and the crew fighting while walking around in the ship set.. just stupid things like that I actually found amusing :D

cody the 3 legged pirate dog :rofl:

ZorroAMG
05-12-2005, 12:06 AM
The humor was actually quite brilliant. It was not stupid humor. Stupid humor is Will Ferrel (and owen wilson in all his other movies). If you went expecting a classic DUMB Bill Murray movie, you will not like it (or understand it) but this is the bill murray of lost in translation in terms of the material- quite intelligent.

Two thumbs up, I saw it in the theater and loved it, then again there were maybe 4 of us that got it that night....

SUPRAPHAT
05-12-2005, 03:40 AM
haha I thought it was funny as hell!

"Is that my Cappuchino machine?......Intern, take this and make me a Latte!" hahahaha

And then there was Jeff Goldbloom in those damn slippers! lol

I found this movie a lot like Napolean Dynamite where as I didn't really find it that funny in the theatre but then thinking about it afterwards, I just can't stop laughing.

Jason

Seanith
05-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I found the movie to be enjoyable but not awesome. It was very artistic I thought. The humor is the kind that makes the audience have to actually think. Idiots need not apply.