PDA

View Full Version : Needed to clear my head...

brav85
05-13-2005, 12:18 PM
so I decided to go for a drive. Well i can now say that i have drifted my truck, was so crazy came around a corner by where i live and was hard on the gas and had the stereo going trying to get "stuff" figured out in my head and all of the sudden the back end broke and i drifted around the corner. Was the coolest feeling, besides riding a sports bike. Where can i do this in a more controlled envrioment or do i just have to gamble it on the streets? The roads were a bit wet cuz it was raining so im not sure if it will slide when the road is dry but need to test that theory any suggestions where? or any suggestions on how to clear ones head without having to "play with fire" on the streets?

Thaco
05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
dude, if you plan to "drift" your trailblazer, i think the only drifting it'll be doing is on the side and roof, dont drive like an idiot and risk lives just to "clear your head" go find a new way to take out frustrations, that does not endanger innocent lives.

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
dude, if you plan to "drift" your trailblazer, i think the only drifting it'll be doing is on the side and roof, dont drive like an idiot and risk lives just to "clear your head" go find a new way to take out frustrations, that does not endanger innocent lives.

:werd:

brav85
05-13-2005, 12:27 PM
risking lives, that i am not doing. i know my limits and the limits of my truck. and i would have to purposly try to roll it, this thing is planeted i can out corner most cars on the street

BlkMaxima
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^Right?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

brav85
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
is that a challange?

Thaco
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
i am not even going to dignify that statment with a response.

BlkMaxima
05-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Man don't worry about it your Trailblazer couldn't out handle a Pontiac Firefly lol

brav85
05-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
Man don't worry about it your Trailblazer couldn't out handle a Pontiac Firefly lol anyone on the fourm care to "scientifically" test this new theory?

TKRIS
05-13-2005, 12:38 PM
If you knew the limits of your soccer mom mobile, it wouldn't have suddenly broken loose going around a corner.

Quit being a moron.

Kris

brav85
05-13-2005, 12:40 PM
soccer mom mobile , your funny..... maybe next time ill just use the mustang in my garage to clear my head, lighter and more power

QuasarCav
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by brav85
soccer mom mobile , your funny..... maybe next time ill just use the mustang in my garage to clear my head, lighter and more power

Please do, more chance of losing your license.

TKRIS
05-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Good idea.

Now that you've discovered the wonders of drifting your YAV, maybe you could try electrical pole slalom with your mustang.
Seeing as how your "Trail"blazer handles better than most sports cars, I'm sure your mustang will be able to out manuver Darwin. :rolleyes:

Kris

Scat
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
risking lives, that i am not doing. i know my limits and the limits of my truck. and i would have to purposly try to roll it, this thing is planeted i can out corner most cars on the street

so drifiting a 4600lb vehicle on public roads isn't risking lives? I don't care how well you think you drive and know your limits, accidents always happen and are always going to be more likely when you drive like a jackass ... so don't, esspecially when you drive a tank like the trailblazer.

Primer_Drift
05-13-2005, 12:57 PM
:rofl:
BAN!

Phy
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

I'm sure your mustang will be able to out manuver Darwin. :rolleyes:
Kris

Considering he's dead and buried, that shouldn't be hard actually.

Mr. Burns
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM

You and all the other fucking morons who have killed or injured somebody because they have no fucking brain. Get a clue you fucking retard.

ken-gsr
05-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Good idea.

Now that you've discovered the wonders of drifting your YAV, maybe you could try electrical pole slalom with your mustang.
Seeing as how your "Trail"blazer handles better than most sports cars, I'm sure your mustang will be able to out manuver Darwin. :rolleyes:

Kris

hahahaha

BlkMaxima
05-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I think you should go auto Xing tonight at race city and then you can prove to us that it can outhandle most cars!!!:bullshit:

Thaco
05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
I think you should go auto Xing tonight at race city and then you can prove to us that it can outhandle most cars!!!:bullshit: he could beat the viper pace car. it'd be a walk in the park.

legendboy
05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm not risking lives, that i am not doing. i know my limits and the limits of my truck.

spoken like a true 19yr old

just wait till mom finds out what you've been doing with her suv :rofl:

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Please do, more chance of losing your license.

:werd:

Originally posted by mrburnsvw

You and all the other fucking morons who have killed or injured somebody because they have no fucking brain. Get a clue you fucking retard.

Double :werd: :werd:

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
:rofl:
BAN!

:werd: :werd: :werd:

So.... I hope you get the hint. Stop being a fucking tool and listen to the opinions of the people on here. This is the first time I gotta take down a fellow Musatng man but DUDE dont be a fucking moron. You may think you know your limits but shit happens, people get hurt. If I EVER find out that your stupidity has hurt someone I know I will personally hunt you down. GET THE FUCKING MESSAGE!?!?!

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 01:32 PM

GOD you are a tool!
This is some of the most ignorant shit I have ever heard. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

gen2teggy
05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
i drifted in a bus wit a shiit load of people on it....i got sue'd :nut:

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy

OMG! Hahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: HARSH :banghead:

If I may... ask you to explain the story ^^^^

duffspec
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy

funny ass sheeeeett! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

403Gemini
05-13-2005, 01:53 PM
"I know my limits"

Famous last words

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I cant wait to see his next reply, hes fucked! :rofl: :rofl:

djstefan
05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
so I decided to go for a drive. Well i can now say that i have drifted my truck, was so crazy came around a corner by where i live and was hard on the gas and had the stereo going trying to get "stuff" figured out in my head and all of the sudden the back end broke and i drifted around the corner. Was the coolest feeling, besides riding a sports bike. Where can i do this in a more controlled envrioment or do i just have to gamble it on the streets? The roads were a bit wet cuz it was raining so im not sure if it will slide when the road is dry but need to test that theory any suggestions where? or any suggestions on how to clear ones head without having to "play with fire" on the streets?

How about gravell roads? Drifting the Trail Blazer on pavement is no good for the car. Too heavy with a high center of gravity and therefore no good for the shocks/tires. The tires are really big too, so they will roll under your rim therefore riding on the sides.

Gravell roads are the best for that kinda stuff. You don't need lots of speed and the traction is lower so less chances of roll-over.

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by djstefan

How about gravell roads? Drifting the Trail Blazer on pavement is no good for the car. Too heavy with a high center of gravity and therefore no good for the shocks/tires. The tires are really big too, so they will roll under your rim therefore riding on the sides.

Gravell roads are the best for that kinda stuff. You don't need lots of speed and the traction is lower so less chances of roll-over.

Just make sure you find a gravel road where the cops can see you, so they can stop by and give you props on being soooo cool!

403Gemini
05-13-2005, 02:34 PM
i dont think the streets have been cleaned over by the police station in midnapore, might wanna try there, you can djstefan can have a meet! :dunno:

djstefan
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

Just make sure you find a gravel road where the cops can see you, so they can stop by and give you props on being soooo cool!

Your avatar does you justice although I should suggest the following:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/joey/EThug.JPG

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 03:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Oh your so cool....

BlueGoblin
05-13-2005, 03:13 PM
It would be easy enough to get into the bashing, but nobody listens when they are being bashed.

I personally think that drifting on the street is more than a little foolish. You are risking lives because even though you may have control over your vehicle while it is in a drift, you do not have many options to manoever if something goes wrong. You eat up your safety margin. You know this though - as you quite rightly called it "playing with fire."

To know the limits of your vehicle though, one has to have found them. Have you pushed until a loss of control occurred? i am not ashamed to state that I have not truly found the limits of my motorcycles for that reason. I have found the limits of my car, though, while autocrossing. It was a rather enlightening experience.

Just out of curiosity, I pulled up the rollover specs for your TrailBlazer. This is a static test of rollover propensity and a star-rating of overall rollover likelihood. It achieved a static stability factor of 1.18 and an overall rating of 3 out of 5 stars. A Honda Accord of the same year -picked for its familiarity- acheived 1.44 and 4 out of 5 stars. Ths translates to roughly 0-20% chance of post-collision rollover in the Honda and a 20-30% chance in the Chev.

Far more interesting though not related to this discussion is the trauma ratings experienced by the crash test dummies in the testing. Head injury and femur loads were dramatically higher (approx. 300% and 1100% higher, respectively) in the Chev. The trailblazer's predecessor, the still-in-production 2 door Blazer, was a couple months ago named as the 'most dangerous vehicle in America'.

I personally would not want to find the limits of handling in a Trailblazer, but each his own...

Kaos
05-13-2005, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by djstefan

Your avatar does you justice although I should suggest the following:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/joey/EThug.JPG

:rofl: :rofl:
Im sorry but that picture is hilarious

:drama:

brav85
05-13-2005, 03:47 PM
wow you ppl are so pretictable. Firstly i suv cant drift without rolling and second my truck as traction control so even if i wanted to its not possible. i just was having a bad day and needed a more positive release than doing stupid shit on the street, ive had my license since 16 and have nothing on my record.

TKRIS
05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
3 whole years with a clean licence?

Way to go Andretti.

djstefan
05-13-2005, 03:57 PM
wow you ppl are so pretictable. Firstly i suv cant drift without rolling and second my truck as traction control so even if i wanted to its not possible. i just was having a bad day and needed a more positive release than doing stupid shit on the street, ive had my license since 16 and have nothing on my record.

Actually, an SUV can drift without rolling. The chances of rolling are big, but if you know what you're doing, you can drift without rolling it. (of course, not a 90 degree drift like with a sports car)

And although traction control will help agains drifting, you can still drift with traction control. Drifting is just a technique of sending weight into a certain direction and then controlling it with limited traction.

tictactoe2004
05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
maybe next time ill just use the mustang in my garage to clear my head, lighter and more power

This _HAS_ to be a joke....

You have a mustang....:D

You have a trail blazer...;)

You want to learn how to drift... in your trail blazer...:banghead:

good job... :thumbsup:

euro_racer
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHA what a tool

GTS Jeff
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
If I EVER find out that your stupidity has hurt someone I know I will personally hunt you down. [/B] I bet the only thing you've successfully hunted in your life is a booger out of your nose.

xDiMSuMx
05-13-2005, 04:19 PM
were u driving around martha's haven last night?

brav85
05-13-2005, 05:47 PM
you ppl crack me up i had a bad night and i can always count on you guys to eat at anything that is typed on here like its the truth :drama: i feel much better now. by the way i dont have a mustang just the blazer and i was at work all last night :D

Thaco
05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
you need to stop posting, the BS gets thicker and your stupidity shows more and more with each post.

Skyline_Addict
05-13-2005, 06:02 PM
you ppl crack me up i had a bad night and i can always count on you guys to eat at anything that is typed on here like its the truth :drama: i feel much better now. by the way i dont have a mustang just the blazer and i was at work all last night :D

what's your point?
you just purely enjoy getting under other people's skin? :rolleyes:

infected
05-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Why are you people wasting your time, it's not like he'll listen anyways.
Just let him keep experamenting with his trailblazer drift and see when he flips, I'm sure he will definetaly learn something from that without us. :burnout:

T-Dubbs
05-14-2005, 01:42 AM
your SUV can outhandle MY E30, ya right, ill believe that when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet...

Weapon_R
05-14-2005, 02:31 AM
And that's a wrap...