PDA

View Full Version : A Girl w/Fake LV Bag

Pages : [1] 2

max_boost
05-13-2005, 03:17 PM
So I'm right smack in the middle of the lunch rush at the restaurant, the place is just packed since it's Friday and well, the food is good :D

This girl comes up to the counter and pays, her bill is $7.50. She proceeds to put her brown LV bag on the counter, since my gf has a few of these, I know it's a fake. She takes a shortwhile looking for her money, only to scrape up $7.25 and looks at me, 'Do you have a quarter'? Ok WTF I just wasn't too sure how to respond?:rofl: But since we were busy, I said, that's fine and she left, no tip of course. :D

So I'm just thinking, when is it ok to short change a store? I was thinking, if you were short a nickel or a few pennies or whatever, but a quarter? I know it's only $0.25 but the fact that she had a fake LV bag is what I thought was funny.

Ok not really a rant, just an observation?:dunno:

abyss
05-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't think it's ever okay to short change a restaraunt.....don't eat there if you can't afford it? You should have commented on the bag though, that would've been great.

Kaos
05-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
... She proceeds to put her brown LV bag on the counter, since my gf has a few of these, I know it's a fake.

Sure, blame it on the gf
Metrosexual :poosie:
JK

/////AMG
05-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Should done this

"If you can "afford" (put your hands up and do the " sign) an LV bag how come you can't cough up a quarter? Just cut me some of the bag and we'll call it even."

d-UNiT
05-13-2005, 03:27 PM
ya i remember when i worked at mcs, they would be like ya im a dollar short, i would say so what do you want me to take off

if you dont have the money dont order simple as that its not fair for the person working the till to have to pick up for you not having money

unless they are hot dont do it

CRXguy
05-13-2005, 03:29 PM
:rofl: That's pretty hurtin'!!! :rofl:

QuasarCav
05-13-2005, 03:36 PM
3c at Mcdicks is fine.

"how about I take the bag and were even, That didn't cost more than that eh....."

dj_honda
05-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Back when I worked at sport chek for a while, this lady came in with an LV purse. I don't know whether it was fake or not, i just saw it was LV from all the threads posted here. Her kid wanted some Nike shoes, they were $25. She lets him try them on etc. (10 mins) and then afterwards, talks to her husband for another 5 mins about whether or not they should get them. Then she asked if I could get them a deal on them... Naturally i couldn't so they didnt buy them. But i mean, if you have a 2000$ purse or are at least trying to show that you have one (if its fake), 25$ shoes for your kid shouldn't be a big deal, not to mention it wasted my time, which sucks when you work on commission.

mdeleon
05-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Sure, blame it on the gf
Metrosexual :poosie:
JK

haha that's hilarious...

what you shoulda done was as she was gettin up from her seat, you shoulda muttered (sp?), "no wonder it's fake" and then she'll be like, "what?" and then you'd be like, "oh, you're bag, i know it's fake so now it all makes sense...have a good day" and walk off...and then somone from beyond that's eating there will get up and point at her and yell out, "OWWWWWNED!!!" haha ye my story's gettin outta hand now i'll stop

GTS Jeff
05-13-2005, 04:02 PM
So I'm right smack in the middle of the lunch rush at the restaurant, the place is just packed since it's Friday and well, the food is good :D

This girl comes up to the counter and pays, her bill is $7.50. She proceeds to put her brown LV bag on the counter, since my gf has a few of these, I know it's a fake. She takes a shortwhile looking for her money, only to scrape up $7.25 and looks at me, 'Do you have a quarter'? Ok WTF I just wasn't too sure how to respond?:rofl: But since we were busy, I said, that's fine and she left, no tip of course. :D

So I'm just thinking, when is it ok to short change a store? I was thinking, if you were short a nickel or a few pennies or whatever, but a quarter? I know it's only $0.25 but the fact that she had a fake LV bag is what I thought was funny.

Ok not really a rant, just an observation?:dunno: I think it's definitely stupid when someone tries to shortchange you like that, because it shows a pathetic lack of dignity, but at the same time, I don't think you should hold her choice in knockoff bags against her, because that really has nothing to do with dignity, it just reflects her poorness.

BumpinTalon
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
...and then somone point at her and yell out, "OWWWWWNED!!!" haha ye my story's gettin outta hand now i'll stop

if only real life worked like that. it'd be sweet to see stupid, dumb, vacuous fake bitches get laughed at.

B17a
05-13-2005, 04:04 PM
You should have pointed her towards the dish washing area and put her po' ass to work. Unbelievable, I would have made her earn that quarter one way or another. Was she hot at least?

BokCh0y
05-13-2005, 04:11 PM
sad that she short changed you. sadder that she has a fake LV purse.

the way i see it is - if you can't afford it then don't bother. either go all the way or don't go at all. just my 2 cents.

not cool.

Mad$ella
05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by abyss
I don't think it's ever okay to short change a restaraunt.....don't eat there if you can't afford it? You should have commented on the bag though, that would've been great.

Originally posted by /////AMG
Should done this

"If you can "afford" (put your hands up and do the " sign) an LV bag how come you can't cough up a quarter? Just cut me some of the bag and we'll call it even."

:werd:

haha that's hilarious...

what you shoulda done was as she was gettin up from her seat, you shoulda muttered (sp?), "no wonder it's fake" and then she'll be like, "what?" and then you'd be like, "oh, you're bag, i know it's fake so now it all makes sense...have a good day" and walk off...and then somone from beyond that's eating there will get up and point at her and yell out, "OWWWWWNED!!!" haha ye my story's gettin outta hand now i'll stop

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If I was there and saw the whole thing, including someone getting up and yelling OWWWWNED I would burst out laughing and prolly piss my pants! funny shit

nismodrifter
05-13-2005, 04:21 PM
should have uppercutted her as a reaction

freakin
05-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I think you have 2 seperate issues here.
First of all, not paying for a meal/not tipping is pretty low. I'd have to agree that you should know how much you have on you and what your meal is going to cost. That's a given to most people.

This whole purse issue is a little overblown though. I can't decided what's sader. Paying for a real one or trying to make people think that your the kind of person that would pay for one. I need to market something rediculous like that. Anyone want to buy a $1,000 Paper Mate pen? I'll number it so you know it's legit.

BumpinTalon
05-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

you need to do the uppercut/haduken combo, juggle her against the wall for maximum damage, and then uppercut her again into the fryer for the fatality, flawless victory, extra points and a chance to battle reptile
I'm really bored
considering how ridiculous the price tags are on some Louis Vutton stuff ($3,500 for matching purse, wallet, bag, shoes, hat, etc... this was American dollars plus tax and duty) its not so surprising people buy fake stuff, but it reflects in a bad way upon their personality.

JordanEG6
05-13-2005, 04:31 PM

haha that's hilarious...

HAHAHAHA :rofl: :nut: good one. damn fake pigeons and their fake LV's short changing a restaurant..BOOO :thumbsdow hahahaha

iceburns288
05-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I don't think you should hold her choice in knockoff bags against her, because that really has nothing to do with dignity, it just reflects her poorness.

The problem isn't that she can't afford the LV bag, it's that she's trying to show off money she doesn't have. A cheap/inexspensive purse is fine, but not when it's branded to look like a 2000 dollar purse.

sputnik
05-13-2005, 04:42 PM
The story would be funnier if the LV bag was real.

max_boost
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
No she wasn't hot, young about 20-25. It was weird, she came in with her buddy (guy) who was just waiting for her, why didn't she ask him for a quarter? She could have also used debit or credit card. It doesn't bother me at all, it was only $0.25, I just thought it was funny. :rofl: And by the tone of her voice, she was so casual about it. Like 'Hey you have a quarter'?

EK 2.0
05-13-2005, 05:06 PM

Sam, my girlfriend did NOT appreciate you calling ehr stuff fake...she apologizes to you for the 25 cents and said she will be in the pay the remainder ASAP...

haha kidding Sammy...

mdeleon
05-13-2005, 05:16 PM
No she wasn't hot, young about 20-25. It was weird, she came in with her buddy (guy) who was just waiting for her, why didn't she ask him for a quarter? She could have also used debit or credit card. It doesn't bother me at all, it was only $0.25, I just thought it was funny. :rofl: And by the tone of her voice, she was so casual about it. Like 'Hey you have a quarter'?
wow she was with someone else to and she asked you instead? that woulda pissed me off actually...when she asked you shoulda been like, "umm hold on, (look at the guy she was with) hey you got a quarter?"

lam-boy
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Sam, my girlfriend did NOT appreciate you calling ehr stuff fake...she apologizes to you for the 25 cents and said she will be in the pay the remainder ASAP...

haha kidding Sammy...

haha so Arif sat there watching her pay as Sam told her its allright.

haha Im kidding guys.

weird people now adays I say.

Mr. Burns
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
shoulda scored a BJ in the parking lot :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
So she tries to look like a baller with her shitty fake bag and yet she short changes you guys. It doesn't get much lower than that.I would feel soo emberassed having to short change a restaurant. Loser try hard girl :thumbsdow

RSeXy
05-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
shoulda scored a BJ in the parking lot :rofl:

Haha...I don't think so.

What a ghetto-trash wannabe. I have no problems with girls with fake bags, but damn when you want to pretend you're high fashion and can afford these things and you don't have a quarter? GAWD DAMN! Seriously, I'm shocked at the lack of shame of some people. I think its Friday the 13th syndrome, all the whackies are out. :nut:

codo
05-13-2005, 07:37 PM
i don't know the big deal about her haveing an LV bag, hell i dont even know what a LV bag is but anyways i don't see a problem with it cause you see people walking around with fake okaleys on, or jokelys or whatever the fuck you wanna call it and ive never thought, "hey what a bitch that guyor girl is wanting to look all rich like." I can understand its ridiculous that she didnt have 25 cents but hell shit happens.

BigDannyCool
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
should have made her wash dishes for the quarter.

JordanEG6
05-13-2005, 07:46 PM
^^^ hahahahaha "hmm...i dont have a quarter. but ill tell you what., you can earn it..........here's an apron"

:rofl:

jumperman8
05-13-2005, 07:55 PM
haha that is awesome, should made her give oyu the bag then laugehd at her and pointed.

BebeAphrodite
05-13-2005, 09:15 PM
It's embarassing not to tip but to ask staff for money?

GucciBoy
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM

Haha ya "hey how about you leave that LV bag here while you go earn a quarter...wait, its a fake LOL"

GucciBoy
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM

how old was she and was she asian?

GTS Jeff
05-13-2005, 10:43 PM
A lot of you people ragging on this chick for pretending to be a baller are guilty of the same crime yourselves.

JordanLotoski
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
hey man where is your resturant anyways, i might stop my this weekend for some chow. ill bring my wife and her real LV bag. and short change you...better yet a dine and dash:D

but really whats the name and location..pm if u wanna.

Kamen
05-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by GucciBoy

Haha ya "hey how about you leave that LV bag here while you go earn a quarter...wait, its a fake LOL"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: ....wait... :thumbsdow

how old was she and was she asian?
Now THIS is :rofl:

Yea, one time at the florist this woman and get guy friend comes in and starts to look around flaunting her obviously fake bag and starts to whine about how $3.99 is too much for a bunch of A grade tulips and tries to do it subtly to her man but just enough for everyone to hear her as well and then she shot me a look...

and then I said: "If you can carry an LV bag I don't think you should be complaing about $4...unless...you know...it's fake."

She turned red out of a mixture of embarrassment and anger and walked outside and came back 10 mins later to buy the cheapest thing she could find.
:thumbsdow
I just hate it how people can go out and try to make a purchase without knowing how little money they have...like...I just want to ask them...WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Just because you have 5 debit and credit cards with a balance of 0.34 cents on each doesn't make you rich...

mdeleon
05-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
and then I said: "If you can carry an LV bag I don't think you should be complaing about $4...unless...you know...it's fake."

that was the best...props man...haha :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
05-14-2005, 09:08 AM
A lot of you people ragging on this chick for pretending to be a baller are guilty of the same crime yourselves.

so??...haha

SiG Baby
05-14-2005, 09:31 AM
I hate people who wear fake brand name stuff.....I mean seriously 9 times out of 10 its is sooo obvious the clothes are fake. Like the purses, or the Deseil jeans that fit like Bugle Boys.
So really all you are making a statement about is that you sport fake stuff. There is nothing classy about knockoff designer anything, no matter how close to real it is because it never looks real or fits properly. What these people should do is attempt a fashionable wardrobe at a price they can afforde, brand name or not.

As for the $.25 short change, what else would you expect from someone who represents a fake LV purse.

Sorry for the rant :D

GTS Jeff
05-14-2005, 11:31 AM

so??...haha Pot calling teh kettle black...

Obscura
05-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

I think that's only acceptable at Red Lobster with a waiter.

Perhaps a firm open handed slap for being a quarter short....

:nut:

1badPT
05-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I think it's definitely stupid when someone tries to shortchange you like that, because it shows a pathetic lack of dignity, but at the same time, I don't think you should hold her choice in knockoff bags against her, because that really has nothing to do with dignity, it just reflects her poorness.
:werd:

XylathaneGTR
05-14-2005, 04:11 PM
At my store, people always try to get "hook-ups" or "group discounts."
As in, They'll come in and look at some belts or jeans or something, and then ask that if they buy "like, two or something." can they get a discount?
I can't believe someone would come to an established business and have the balls to ask for a discount on someting.
Another time some kid was looking at some Puma hat, it was like, 30 bucks, and he's looking at it for at least 10 minutes...Then he says to me "If you give it to me for 10% off, i'll buy it." I just said to him "There's nothing I can do, sorry." while im thinking what the fuck difference does 3 bucks make? So after a few more minutes he ends up buying it and leaves.

JordanEG6
05-14-2005, 06:41 PM

so??...haha

:rofl: :rofl: my thoughts exactly!

RSeXy
05-14-2005, 07:02 PM

How so? I don't think any of the ppl posting here have had to short-change a restaurant for a quarter.
:nut: :rofl:

Kamen
05-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Yea really eh...
I just always make sure I have more than enough money to do whatever it is I have planned; you know incase what you expect to spend isn't quite enough.
It saves time, and your face.

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
As in, They'll come in and look at some belts or jeans or something, and then ask that if they buy "like, two or something." can they get a discount?
I can't believe someone would come to an established business and have the balls to ask for a discount on someting.

I know exactly what you mean. One time this woman comes in with 5 bunches of tulips and practically begs for a discount since she is buying "5" and how nobody else would come in and buy that many.
I felt so disgusted I told her I'd give her 10% and that she looks really pathetic. Nonetheless she happily whored up her discount...without knowing I didn't really discount that much....hehehe

Actually what got me the most was one time this lady comes in and buys 1 bunch of flowers and told me that in small stores if you pay by cash you don't have to pay the tax. I gave her the wtf look and proceeded to wait for her to pay me the full amount while giving her the "you are a fucking retard" speech.

GTS Jeff
05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

How so? I don't think any of the ppl posting here have had to short-change a restaurant for a quarter.
:nut: :rofl: I wasn't talking about that. As I said in my first post, shortchanging a restaurant for a quarter is pathetic.

I was talking about how people pretend to be rich. What I mean is, how is buying a fake LV bag any different than taking out huge loans to buy nice show-offish cars or whatever that you can't really afford with your own money? They're both methods of making a person look more affluent than they really are. A lot of people do this, so how is it fair to make fun of some poor woman with a fake LV bag? I sure as hell wouldn't hold someone's desire to appear rich against them.

I think I have a justified opinion here, and it is just that, an opinion.

Kamen
05-14-2005, 11:44 PM
As I said in my first post, shortchanging a restaurant for a quarter is pathetic.

I sure as hell wouldn't hold someone's desire to appear rich against them.

Agreed, very nicely put.

BigDannyCool
05-15-2005, 12:20 AM
I wasn't talking about that. As I said in my first post, shortchanging a restaurant for a quarter is pathetic.

I was talking about how people pretend to be rich. What I mean is, how is buying a fake LV bag any different than taking out huge loans to buy nice show-offish cars or whatever that you can't really afford with your own money? They're both methods of making a person look more affluent than they really are. A lot of people do this, so how is it fair to make fun of some poor woman with a fake LV bag? I sure as hell wouldn't hold someone's desire to appear rich against them.

How is borrowing money pretending to be rich? Its not like you don't pay it back

tapout
05-15-2005, 12:35 AM
I wasn't talking about that. As I said in my first post, shortchanging a restaurant for a quarter is pathetic.

I think I have a justified opinion here, and it is just that, an opinion. :thumbsup: i agree

GTS Jeff
05-15-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

How is borrowing money pretending to be rich? Its not like you don't pay it back Borrowing money in and of itself isn't pretentious. It's the pretentious intent that is pretentious.

So if you took out a mortgage to invest in a house and better your finances, then that's that. But if you took out a mortgage to get a house and bragged about it to everyone you knew, then that's what we call pretending to be rich, the exact same thing fake LV girl is doing.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it's right for people to make fun of purse posers when they're posers as well, but in a different sense.

CRXguy
05-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

How is borrowing money pretending to be rich? Its not like you don't pay it back

Speaking of which..... :rolleyes: :guns:

max_boost
05-15-2005, 01:50 AM

Yes you have a valid point and I think you are taking this thread a bit too serious here buddy. It was meant for a good laugh and that was it. I for one, can careless what people do or how they want to portray themselves.

mdeleon
05-15-2005, 03:16 AM
i disagree...people get loans/mortgages to buy what they want now instead of having to save up for a long period of time to buy it...if they can pay off the loan easily then that doesn't make them fake...but if they're having a really hard time paying it off besides the fact that they can't budget their money well then that's what would be considered fake.

lude_grl
05-15-2005, 05:21 AM
i think what jeff is trying to say isnt that its pretentious to borrow money to buy something, instead of saving up i think
hes talking about the people that loan out 60,000-80,000 thousand dollars for a car 600,000 for a morgage and then piss away their payed income like its nobodys buisness and act like they are a millionaire with a 30,000 year income with a ton of problems paying back the loan.

on the shortchance note. thats not cool. i mean her purse asside. thats just plain rude :dunno:

thats my 25 cents :bigpimp:

GTS Jeff
05-15-2005, 05:50 AM

Yes you have a valid point and I think you are taking this thread a bit too serious here buddy. It was meant for a good laugh and that was it. I for one, can careless what people do or how they want to portray themselves. Shiet I guess I can come off as too serious sometimes...but really I am just sitting here causing shit cuz I got in a fight with the woman tonight. I'm not really a playa hater haha

EK 2.0
05-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Pot calling teh kettle black...

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, you ALWAYS gotta bring colour into it huh??...

haha...

Hollywood
05-15-2005, 01:06 PM

What a ghetto-trash wannabe. I have no problems with girls with fake bags, but damn when you want to pretend you're high fashion and can afford these things and you don't have a quarter? GAWD DAMN! Seriously, I'm shocked at the lack of shame of some people.

Since I am a cock and say what is on my mind openly I'm gonna say a few things;

I think you guys are going to far. The fact that the fake hanbag is a key part of the story is rediculous. This is in the story only because of the asian materialistic genra of Asian gold digger women that get the asian sugar daddies to buy the purse for them.

If that girl is considered a "ghetto-trash wannabe" for owning a fake LV purse, then ur a "Pompus materialistic bitch" for making a comment like that.

I'm not even gonna go near the .25 cents thing.

Exactly. How many people have bought volk or advan copied wheels before, possibly in this thread even......No one makes comments to you saying anything negative "oh he's a fake blinger with his konig wannabe volks". This is the same thing.

All you haters can go fuck yourselves.

P.S. If it appears that I am asian racist in this thread it's not true. I'm not racisit, I hate all races equally.

max_boost
05-15-2005, 01:54 PM
^^^WTF is your problem man??

Everyone's just joking around here, no need to get all worked up and shit over it.

There is no need to make a personal attack like you did. To generalize and say only asian women get gifted with luxury bags is pure BS.

The bag is only a central part of the story because I thought it was funny so I included it in the story. In the end, I have nothing against people who chose to carry genuine or replica items, I have already stated it in a few posts above. Perhaps you should read more clearly before going on one of your cock ass rants.

I have no problems with girls with fake bags

RSeXy
05-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

I think you guys are going to far. The fact that the fake hanbag is a key part of the story is rediculous. This is in the story only because of the asian materialistic genra of Asian gold digger women that get the asian sugar daddies to buy the purse for them.

If that girl is considered a "ghetto-trash wannabe" for owning a fake LV purse, then ur a "Pompus materialistic bitch" for making a comment like that.

Exactly. How many people have bought volk or advan copied wheels before, possibly in this thread even......No one makes comments to you saying anything negative "oh he's a fake blinger with his konig wannabe volks". This is the same thing.

P.S. If it appears that I am asian racist in this thread it's not true. I'm not racisit, I hate all races equally.

Your comment is plain ignorant. Since you have misinterpreted what I had to say I will explain myself more clearly. I was calling her ghetto-trash because she is pretending she's carrying an "LV" bag AND having the audacity of short-changing a restaurant. If you had read my full comment you would've seen that I said I have no problems with girls with fake bags, hence the fact that she had a fake bag was NOT a key part in my reply.

People who buy into LV bags whether they are fake or not know that they come with a reputation/status/prestige in the majority of the public eye (same goes with cars and all other goods considered luxury and higher end items). My comment was about her portraying herself as "bling" (fake bag or not) but having no money to pay for something necessary such as food. That to me is ghetto. Actually it doesn't even matter if it was an LV bag at all, not having enough money to pay for lunch, especially when its $7.50 is ghetto, period. If you don't have enough money don't go out!

FiveFreshFish
05-15-2005, 07:07 PM
One thing everyone has so far assumed is that she bought the fake bag. Could have been a gift or hand-me-down.

Carfanman
05-15-2005, 07:50 PM
When she asked you for 25 cents you should have said "No. Its pretty irresponsible to order your meal without making sure you have enought to pay for it, I dont know how you were raised but I was raised to believe thats called stealing. And then you have the nerve to ask me for the money, when you're with someone. You know what though? I'll let you help out in the kitched to earn the 25 cents, and hell, if you work hard enough, maybe you'll make enough money to get a real LV bag."

Hollywood
05-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Everyone's just joking around here, no need to get all worked up and shit over it.

There is no need to make a personal attack like you did. To generalize and say only asian women get gifted with luxury bags is pure BS.

It's not a personal attack. I never even knew about these expensive purses till hanging around asians. So say what you will. I personally do not see this thread as a "joking" type thread.

I was calling her ghetto-trash because she is pretending she's queen b carrying an "LV" bag AND having the audacity of short-changing a restaurant.

Pretending to be queen bee? Queen bee of what??? What if her grandma bought it for her...........

U guys are on your own.:banghead:

RSeXy
05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
^^

Apparently I am not alone, as evidenced by the majority of posters in this thread.

Originally posted by /////AMG
Should done this

Originally posted by QuasarCav
3c at Mcdicks is fine.

"how about I take the bag and were even, That didn't cost more than that eh....."

Originally posted by dj_honda
Back when I worked at sport chek for a while, this lady came in with an LV purse. I don't know whether it was fake or not, i just saw it was LV from all the threads posted here. Her kid wanted some Nike shoes, they were $25. She lets him try them on etc. (10 mins) and then afterwards, talks to her husband for another 5 mins about whether or not they should get them. Then she asked if I could get them a deal on them... Naturally i couldn't so they didnt buy them. But i mean, if you have a 2000$ purse or are at least trying to show that you have one (if its fake), 25$ shoes for your kid shouldn't be a big deal, not to mention it wasted my time, which sucks when you work on commission.

haha that's hilarious...

Originally posted by BumpinTalon

if only real life worked like that. it'd be sweet to see stupid, dumb, vacuous fake bitches get laughed at.

Originally posted by BokCh0y
sad that she short changed you. sadder that she has a fake LV purse.

the way i see it is - if you can't afford it then don't bother. either go all the way or don't go at all. just my 2 cents.

not cool.

Originally posted by BumpinTalon

its not so surprising people buy fake stuff, but it reflects in a bad way upon their personality.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

HAHAHAHA :rofl: :nut: good one. damn fake pigeons and their fake LV's short changing a restaurant..BOOO :thumbsdow hahahaha

Originally posted by iceburns288

The problem isn't that she can't afford the LV bag, it's that she's trying to show off money she doesn't have. A cheap/inexspensive purse is fine, but not when it's branded to look like a 2000 dollar purse.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
So she tries to look like a baller with her shitty fake bag and yet she short changes you guys. It doesn't get much lower than that.I would feel soo emberassed having to short change a restaurant. Loser try hard girl :thumbsdow

Originally posted by Carfanman
When she asked you for 25 cents you should have said "No. Its pretty irresponsible to order your meal without making sure you have enought to pay for it, I dont know how you were raised but I was raised to believe thats called stealing. And then you have the nerve to ask me for the money, when you're with someone. You know what though? I'll let you help out in the kitched to earn the 25 cents, and hell, if you work hard enough, maybe you'll make enough money to get a real LV bag."
:drama: :rolleyes: :whocares:

max_boost
05-15-2005, 09:10 PM

It's not a personal attack. I never even knew about these expensive purses till hanging around asians. So say what you will. I personally do not see this thread as a "joking" type thread.

Pretending to be queen bee? Queen bee of what??? What if her grandma bought it for her...........

U guys are on your own.:banghead: Ok then, if that's how you feel about this matter, so be it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Us Asians are realllly materialistic, it's all about the bling bling. That's why the girls are flaunting their purses and the guys are pimping out their rides at the major car shows. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I didn't know Asians were the only ones carrying LV. :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Us Asians are realllly materialistic, it's all about the bling bling. That's why the girls are flaunting their purses and the guys are pimping out their rides at the major car shows. :rolleyes:

Asians are really concerned about "face" too, and I'm wondering why that chick was so casual about it. :dunno:

max_boost
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Asians are really concerned about "face" too, and I'm wondering why that chick was so casual about it. :dunno: Because she wasn't Asian :D

Race is irrelevant however.

I'll add a little bit more, perhaps the bag was real? I think I know, but I may have no idea right? Basically, I just thought it was funny that a girl carry an expensive bag would end up being a bit short on her bill, that's all. Some of the flamers would say things like, you have a $1000 purse, yet you only have $10 in it, I thought this was a prime example of that.

It's like a guy rolling up in a brand new Boxster to the gas station, yet only puts $10 gas in and comes to the till and only has $9.75. Isn't it funny?!?! Ahhh maybe I'll just laugh at it by myself. No harm no foul, contrary, Hollywood seems to be taking it quite personal or maybe he just doesn't agree with what I am saying.

dragonone
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
i don't see why asians are always associated w/ the brands
if you walk into holt (one of the few places in 'calgary' that sells a lot of this stuff) they're mostly caucasian
and surely if you're around dt during work hours you'll see how many businessmen(or women) carry brands
as well, i don't see why the fake bag is such a big deal, often i find ppl that can 'barely' afford such luxury items complain about ppl carrying the fake stuff, because they worked their ass off to finally b able to afford the bag. if you were really rich you really wouldn't care about this, kind of like how fake ferrari's are never in the conversions of real ferrari owners

and i just don't know why this is such a big deal, like many said carrying that purse or driving a nice car doens't mean they're rich; maybe they're goin' thru a hard time, getting dumped by the man, just had crap stolen, i don't know, it's not hard to think of many excuses

the scenarios you mentioned are funny i guess, but they're only worth 5 seconds with a 'wtf', but eveyone has their own story, i don't think it's worth bashing about

LUDELVR
05-15-2005, 09:48 PM

I have to agree with hollywood and fivefreshfish. What if it was a gift?

I was given a couple of "fake" diesel shirts from my bro. He picked them up overseas when he was traveling. As far as I was concerned that shit was real, but I guess someone felt it was her duty to inform me otherwise. :dunno: Her pompous attitude towards the matter was also something to be desired. For me, I don't care if it's real or fake, but I do have a problem in the manner in which people represent it. But yah...just for the record, they were gifts!!!! :rofl:

As for the shirts, I wore them and still wear them today because it's a comfy shirt and it fits well. I don't wear it because of the label. I don't give two shits about labels whether it be on a person's car or on a girl's arm. Makes no difference to me, but again, it's how they flaunt it. If it looks good, then it's all good :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
05-15-2005, 09:52 PM
On a separate note, I'm in Korea right now, and everyone and his or her dog has LV...literally! I saw a dog that had an LV sweater! :thumbsdow I'm certain that the majority of it is fake LV stuff, so many of you would prolly hate it here!:rolleyes: Anyway, they have countless carts selling fake everything including gucci, oakley, addidas, nike, LV, prada and anything else you can think of! And yes, it's almost all asians that buy it!! Mind you I am in an Asian Country!!:devil: :rofl: :rofl:

Before many of you jump on that asian remark, it was a joke!

FiveFreshFish
05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Because she wasn't Asian :D

Ahh... now I see! ;)

90awdwagovan.
05-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Another time some kid was looking at some Puma hat, it was like, 30 bucks, and he's looking at it for at least 10 minutes...Then he says to me "If you give it to me for 10% off, i'll buy it." I just said to him "There's nothing I can do, sorry." while im thinking what the fuck difference does 3 bucks make? So after a few more minutes he ends up buying it and leaves.

you can't blame him for trying. You'd be suprised how often that works. Most stores allow the imployees to lower the price to make a sale.

lastprodigy
05-15-2005, 10:36 PM

i agre with you completely, but would have gotten banne dif i said it!

codo
05-15-2005, 10:56 PM
i know this is a 'joking' thread but some people are serious and i want to point this out to them. Haven't any of you ever fucked up before? Maybe dropped some money on the ground and you didn't know this then go to pay for something and be like oh fuck. I'll admit it one time i dropped my debit card on the ground near my house and i thought i still had it but then when i went to fill up the car i was like oh fucking hell, so what i did was just said you can have all my ID cept for my drivers liscence and ill go get some money, they were fine with it[probably thought i was an idiot, oh well wouldn't be the first time] so i don't understand why you guys cant be fine with it.

Kamen
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Because it just seems really rude to be short an amount greater than a few cents and ask if you (the establishment) had the change to cover her shortcomings rather than ask her friend who is right there?

EG STyLeZ
05-16-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
Because it just seems really rude to be short an amount greater than a few cents and ask if you (the establishment) had the change to cover her shortcomings rather than ask her friend who is right there?

It is pretty rude to short change people no matter what the situation is, but the thread starter is making it sound like she is extra rude just because she has a fake LV bag.

And I agree with some of the other people, what if the bag was a gift?

tapout
05-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

It is pretty rude to short change people no matter what the situation is, but the thread starter is making it sound like she is extra rude just because she has a fake LV bag.

And I agree with some of the other people, what if the bag was a gift? yup i agree:thumbsup:

RSeXy
05-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Hm...since sadly it has now come to how she got the bag, being in that the bag was a gift...maybe we can go so far as to even suppose that since she had no shame to short changed a restaurant...she could've even stolen the bag from someone "thinking" it was real b/c she wanted one!

Also it seems that you have more of an issue with her having a fake bag than i do. You seem to "justify" her having a fake bag since it was probably a present from her grandma. :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :whocares:

abyss
05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
I don't understand the taking out a loan to buy a car or house is comparable to carrying faux merchandise. Yes she's trying to show she's rich, like some people do with fancy cars or huge houses. However, IMO the only thing that could really compare would be if she took out a loan to buy a real LV bag even though she couldn't afford it. Jeff your comparison only makes sense if you see someone that drives around in a Kia showing it off like it's a WRX. Thankfully I don't know anyone like that, but I bet they're out there.

Carfanman
05-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by codo
oh well wouldn't be the first time

I'll bet.

J/k man.

sputnik
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't understand the taking out a loan to buy a car or house is comparable to carrying faux merchandise. Yes she's trying to show she's rich, like some people do with fancy cars or huge houses. However, IMO the only thing that could really compare would be if she took out a loan to buy a real LV bag even though she couldn't afford it. Jeff your comparison only makes sense if you see someone that drives around in a Kia showing it off like it's a WRX. Thankfully I don't know anyone like that, but I bet they're out there.

Many people buy houses that they cant afford. I work with a couple of people that have $60k+ salaries and bought houses that equal the maximum mortgage that they bank would give them.

They quickly realized that they have nice big houses, but have several empty rooms without furniture and are pissing off their neighbours because they cant afford to help build a fence or put grass in their backyards.

Personally I find that rather ghetto.

If you take a "Millionaire Next Door" approach to life you buy toys with cash or with the income from other finance generating investments (in the case of car purchases/payments). IMO spending $2500 on a purse is basically throwing away $2500 plus another $250/yr (if invested at 10%) for the sake of vanity. Personally if I wanted to buy a my wife a $2500 purse I would wait until one of my investments paid off big and then get it for her. However, she would take one look at the bag, sell it and buy a $100 purse with $2400 cash inside of it. Then she wouldnt have to worry about needing a quarter at the local chinese buffet.

Most rich people are rich because they live modestly. No one became rich from spending beyond their means.

abyss
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree that no one is rich due to spending beyond their means, but in the case of a car or a house, you are taking money out of your future to buy something expensive now. In the case of the purse, you're just being tacky. (if it was a gift that's a different story) but if you're going to pretend to be rich, don't buy a fake purse because all the rich people you're trying to fit in with will know it's a fake. Instead to be along the same lines as house and car purchases you'd have to take future money to buy the purse (ie/ credit cards or even a loan! :eek: ...I can't imagine taking out a loan to buy a purse though) There's no such thing as a fake house or car, so it's not a very good comparison IMO. I was shocked when I went shopping for a wallet in LA and couldn't find a wallet for less than $150 American (well I guess it IS LA, but still!) I saw a bucket hat for $130US.....it's just a HAT!!!

jumperman8
05-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by SiG Baby
I hate people who wear fake brand name stuff.....I mean seriously 9 times out of 10 its is sooo obvious the clothes are fake. Like the purses, or the Deseil jeans that fit like Bugle Boys.
So really all you are making a statement about is that you sport fake stuff. There is nothing classy about knockoff designer anything, no matter how close to real it is because it never looks real or fits properly. What these people should do is attempt a fashionable wardrobe at a price they can afforde, brand name or not.

As for the $.25 short change, what else would you expect from someone who represents a fake LV purse.

Sorry for the rant :D

whocares, its not super funny because her bag was fake, it was more funny that she had that type of bag, might of been real and asked the employee for money to pay her bill:rofl:

ZorroAMG
05-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I can see why the scenario went the way it did, I woulda done the same thing, said fuck it, laugh and let her go, but as a customer, what any normal human should have done was say, "hmmm...i guess I don't have enough cash, here's my debit card", pay the $7.50 plus $1.50 tip and retain my dignity instead of looking like a stupid piece of shit off of Jerry Springer. Poor people are ok, cheap people pretending to be ballers aren't.

There's my $.25 plus the $1.50....you're all square now sam :D

codo
05-16-2005, 10:36 AM
yes but everyone accuses her of being a 'baller' but fuck i mean i dont know half of the 'rich' brand names out there so in this case i could go buy a fake shirt that's a rich brandname and i don't know it's a rich brand name and then people would accuse me of being a baller or high roller or some shit, i think that would be out right ignorant. I don't even know what a fucking LV bag is for that matter and i don't give two shits either.

ZorroAMG
05-16-2005, 11:04 AM
^ dude, let it go. :zzz:

Hollywood
05-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
^ dude, let it go. :zzz:

How can u say let it go to him, when u posted yourself on the subject a post before his??:dunno:

ZorroAMG
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
How can I say let it go?

Simple: See Above.

:D

XylathaneGTR
05-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 90awdwagovan.

you can't blame him for trying. You'd be suprised how often that works. Most stores allow the imployees to lower the price to make a sale.

What the fuck are you talking about?
I've never, ever in my life, ever been to a clothing store in north america where you could haggle a price.
In Mexico (and since race seems so prevailant in this thread, there's nothing racial towards hispanics when i mention mexico, just the fact that i've seen it happen there.) You might be able to haggle there, but here? wtf?
One day in our old store (maybe, 2 months ago) some guy wearing a basic BOSS orange label logo shirt comes in with his kid to mess up the store after i straightened it out right before closing, and his kid likes some Puma Zip up...I think it was about 125 or 135...something like that.
So he comes up and leans on the counter, and starts hagling with my supervisor and I, i distinctly remember him saying "Come on, it's the end of the day, i'll give you 100 and you can make a sale." "It doesn't matter to me if i make a sale or not." replies my supervisor. He ends up buying the zip up and leaving, giving us dirty looks as he walks out the door.

I just don't understand how someone can expect to bargan their way around at a clothing store.
Maybe im just uptight.

Anyways, i can agree w/ MB on the original topic, i can see the humor in that, and the example of someone pulling up in a shiny new porsche and buying 10.00 dollars of gas and only having 9.75.

Thread closed.

Lexxan
06-03-2005, 09:29 PM
lol Ever occur to any of that maybe her purse was a gift and that 99% of people don't give a fuck or even know what LV is. Hell I didn't know til I saw a bunch of retards selling the stupid shit on these forums.

In fact.. what the fuck? You guys should really stop caring about what other strangers do. Wow she was short a quarter. Maybe she forgot her debit card at her house. Ignorant pricks. grow up.

Never judge someone because you don't fucking know where they came from or their situation. How about two weeks ago when I woke up drunk still at my friends place at 6am.. took the bus home instead of wasting $45 on a cab and got laughed and pointed at by a bunch of fucking retard teenagers in $3000 car beside me.. Wow guess what retards my truck is worth 10x that.

89coupe
06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Coming up short on a bill is bad.

Buying a fake LV bag, who cares.

Paying $300 plus dollars for a little teanie weenie purse cause of a name, thats just plain stupidity...LOL:nut:

Idratherbsidewayz
06-03-2005, 10:13 PM
IMHO, most of you have taken this thread waaaay too far.

Bag or no bag, she shortchanged a restaurant. And not even in the sneaky way (leaving not enough on the table), she did it right to his face. Maybe she thinks shes so rich and important that people should always bend to her will. She might've even felt empowered after this experience.

Kamen
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Or...she is just plain ignorant and cheap...which makes more sense...because I'm pretty sure nobody "rich and important" come short 25 cents...

max_boost
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
As mentioned a fake bag is fine but it's flashing it around and trying to look rich that is the worst part. It's like those guys who cruise around in their kit car ferraris, they roll in, they have the ferrari hat on, they park at an angle in parking lots. IT'S A FIERO FOR GOD SAKES lo.

RickDaTuner
06-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Lexxan
lol Ever occur to any of that maybe her purse was a gift and that 99% of people don't give a fuck or even know what LV is. Hell I didn't know til I saw a bunch of retards selling the stupid shit on these forums.

In fact.. what the fuck? You guys should really stop caring about what other strangers do. Wow she was short a quarter. Maybe she forgot her debit card at her house. Ignorant pricks. grow up.

Never judge someone because you don't fucking know where they came from or their situation. How about two weeks ago when I woke up drunk still at my friends place at 6am.. took the bus home instead of wasting $45 on a cab and got laughed and pointed at by a bunch of fucking retard teenagers in $3000 car beside me.. Wow guess what retards my truck is worth 10x that.

Just go back to the restaurant and pay Sam the quarter already....

its pretty obvious it was you who did it. Or i could payback Sam the $.25 and you can still earn it in the parking lot:poosie:

Lexxan
06-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Just go back to the restaurant and pay Sam the quarter already....

its pretty obvious it was you who did it. Or i could payback Sam the $.25 and you can still earn it in the parking lot:poosie:

lol damn how did you know????? Now everyone knows I'm a girl!!!

RickDaTuner
06-04-2005, 07:54 AM
In the ever wise words of EK 2.0 "I just know these things..."

EK 2.0
06-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
In the ever wise words of EK 2.0 "I just know these things..."

you always have to add the *wink* though...it's all lost without the wink...

ie: "I just know these things...;)"

See how, it is finished off??... haha