PDA

View Full Version : MSN + Mozilla

YCB
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
I was wondering how I could make Mozilla the default browser when opening email. Mozilla is the default but when I open the email on msn IE pops up.. ne help?

Thanks

Thaco
05-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Just switch to mozilla thunderbird for email, it is better than outlook IMO.

mdeleon
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
i think he means when he's checkin his mail through messenger...you know when it says "'#') New Emails" when you click on it, IE opens up to hotmail instead of the default browser, which is Mozilla. I have the same problem as well, but correct me if i'm wrong as to what you're talkin about YCB

YCB
05-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
i think he means when he's checkin his mail through messenger...you know when it says "'#') New Emails" when you click on it, IE opens up to hotmail instead of the default browser, which is Mozilla. I have the same problem as well, but correct me if i'm wrong as to what you're talkin about YCB

exactly.. i set default browser on everything to mozilla.. but it doesn't seem to work..

i had it working a few days ago, but i just formatted the computer... maybe i'll reinstall msn with mozilla as the default??

BigDannyCool
05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
i don't think you can change that, since messenger is microsoft and windows is microsoft, and hotmail is microsoft.

wildrice
05-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i don't think you can change that, since messenger is microsoft and windows is microsoft, and hotmail is microsoft.

Nope, I had this problem before too, but then somehow it fixed it self or I did something without knowing it, so now my msn email opens up on mozilla. I wish I could tell you how though.

BigDannyCool
05-13-2005, 07:52 PM
ok then,

hexified
05-13-2005, 08:10 PM
check this out

Click (http://forums.wugnet.com/-changing-msn-mail-button-ftopict183421.html)

Hope that helps.

"You cannot change this behavior; if you're using an @hotmail.com or @msn.com address, it will
open Hotmail. If you're using another address, it will open your default e-mail handler. "

crazydriver
05-13-2005, 09:54 PM
hmm thats weird, MSN opened my mail using Firefox for like few days, then it switched bac to IE

BerserkerCatSplat
05-13-2005, 09:57 PM
^ Same for me, it's really strange...

AquamosH
05-13-2005, 10:40 PM
There's a plugin for MSN you can get that'll open your default browser (i.e. Mozilla) when you check your Hotmail. It's worked for me with Firefox. Just search for the topic on the new MSN and you'll find it there.

*Edit* Here it is:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84851&highlight=new+messenger

YCB
05-13-2005, 11:10 PM
yeah.. i installed both of them... stuff and msn plus..

hmmm.. no idea haahah

gay :thumbsdow: