PDA

View Full Version : Comps messed AGAIN

Kobe
05-14-2005, 06:31 PM
K heres the problem... I will surf the net for a little bit, then the internet just stops working, I will restart my comp a few times and it will work again.. I called Shaw@home, but they keep saying nothing is wrong with the connection.. When the internet isn't working all 3 lights are still on, on the modem...

Any idea's... I have used Norton, Spyboy, Microsoft spyware, Spydoctor, All that crap.. I have also formated the comp a few times, which didn't help...

GoChris
05-14-2005, 07:14 PM
reinstall or try to update your network card drivers
also make sure in the bios that there is no power management enabled. some computers will make the network card sleep. which will obviously kill your internet

Charon
05-14-2005, 09:41 PM
If you can, try another network card. If its built onto the motherboard plug one into a pci slot and disable the onboard in the bios if you can. May be a hw problem on the network card. I have seen that many times before. Network cards are dirt cheap.

Kamen
05-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Your network card might be giving out.
I had that problem a little while ago on one of my older backup machines.
Everytime I restart or load up windows it will work for about 5 minutes or so and then just stop. I called shaw, same deal. I plugged in another card and it worked fine.
Hope it helps :thumbsup:

Kobe
05-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Alright I'm gunna try and pick up a network card on monday..