PDA

View Full Version : Compustar going insane?

lam-boy
05-15-2005, 02:37 PM
my alarm just went off, I ran out side nothing.
just the other day my remote just went balistic, started paging and beeping me. (like I was sitting in my room and it started paging me, i ran out nothing.)

the battery shows 2/4 bars
is that the reason why it keeps doing stupid shits?

well im heading down to the place i got it installed at and maybe they can help me out much further if you guys cant. *its sunday so they are closed..*

vietdood
05-15-2005, 02:38 PM
car might be set to sensitive so a gust of wind could set it off.

lam-boy
05-15-2005, 04:50 PM
it wasn't like that before though..maybe I should get it checked again. (maybe it got a little messed when it went to the mechanic)

sullygully
05-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Join the club, mines been going loco as well(arctic start - same as compustar).

Its been beeping 4 times, for about 15 minute intervals all day today. Some days it will go off right after i arm it, other days a few hours after.

I've brought it in and had the sensitivity turned down, and that hasn't helped

lorenzo
05-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

the battery shows 2/4 bars
is that the reason why it keeps doing stupid shits?

..*

^^^ try replacing the battery...the same thing happened to me....my bar showed 2/4 and every time i push ANY botton the damn remote keeps reseting...r8 0 or something like that...

so i changed the battery...and then.......just like magic the damn thing started workin perfect once again...

i thought it was kinda weird that my remote started acting up considering the battery was still half good...but whatever

i suggest try replacing and hopefully it works out 4 u! goodluck man :thumbsup:

Hash_man
05-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Yea^^ replace the battery... and is it just going nutS? or is it playing BINGO, lol... if its playing the song then it definately needs a new battery.

Is it the AM or FM compustar? because i have found the AM ones eat batteries much quicker.

dragonone
05-15-2005, 09:25 PM
perhaps you should set your sensitivity to 0 and see what happens ( i forgot which end is more sensitive), then you can say for sure it's not the sensor

as for the battery problem if you were a bit more alert to its actions you could forsee when it's gonna go dead before locking yourself out, like the lcd kind of fading when you press a button, beeps not as loud etc.