PDA

View Full Version : Canada Loses World Championship of Hockey

eb0i
05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
The fact that Canada loss the gold medal is sad.

CRXguy
05-15-2005, 02:52 PM
all i can say is jovanovski(sp) sucks ass.

but pretty much a weaksauce performance by the canadians.

BumpinTalon
05-15-2005, 02:53 PM
they kinda of sucked the whole way through. they needed to get in the game.... and they didn't.

rip
05-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
.......beat by a team mostly comprised of non nhl'ers amuses me.

What are you talking about?????

Mad$ella
05-15-2005, 02:56 PM
:(

rip
05-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Goaltenders: Milan Hnilicka, Liberec; Tomas Vokoun, Nashville Predators; Adam Svoboda, Norimberk/Nem.

Defence: Marek Zidlicky, Nashville Predators; Tomas Kaberle, Toronto Maple Leafs; Jiri Slegr, Vancouver Canucks; Frantisek Kaberle, Carolian Hurricanes, Jiri Fischer, Liberec; Jan Hejda, CSKA Moskau; Pavel Kubina, Tampa Bay Lightning.

Forwards: Petr Sykora, New Jersey Devils; Martin Straka, Los Angeles Kings; David Vyborny, Columbus Blue Jackets; Martin Rucinsky, Vancouver Canucks; Vaclav Varada, Ottawa Senators; Radek Dvorak, Edmonton Oilers; and Vaclav Prospal, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim; Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers.

5abi
05-15-2005, 02:57 PM
well, can't just hate, good job boys on making it so far, but u did'nt put in enuff effort this round.

thanks for making us proud.

:clap:

fuck........STILL GOT LOVE.

eb0i
05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by rip
Goaltenders: Milan Hnilicka, Liberec; Tomas Vokoun, Nashville Predators; Adam Svoboda, Norimberk/Nem.

Defence: Marek Zidlicky, Nashville Predators; Tomas Kaberle, Toronto Maple Leafs; Jiri Slegr, Vancouver Canucks; Frantisek Kaberle, Carolian Hurricanes, Jiri Fischer, Liberec; Jan Hejda, CSKA Moskau; Pavel Kubina, Tampa Bay Lightning.

Forwards: Petr Sykora, New Jersey Devils; Martin Straka, Los Angeles Kings; David Vyborny, Columbus Blue Jackets; Martin Rucinsky, Vancouver Canucks; Vaclav Varada, Ottawa Senators; Radek Dvorak, Edmonton Oilers; and Vaclav Prospal, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim; Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers.

I knew i was wrong after I posted it. I was just thinking about it while in the shower and knew someone was going to jump on it before i could fix my post.

heinz256
05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Actually, the Czech team had a shitload of nhlers.....Canada pretty much lost this game cuz they didnt play with any intensity and made so many mispasses. Vokoun was also pretty stellar in net.

eb0i
05-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
Actually, the Czech team had a shitload of nhlers.....

refer to the post I made above yours.

heinz256
05-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

refer to the post I made above yours.

Yah i was writing my first comment before rip pointed it out

5hift
05-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Im surprised Canada even made it this far, I watched all their games live at work and from what I saw, they didnt deserve to win the majority of the games they played.

habsfan
05-15-2005, 05:39 PM
i'm also surprised they got as far as silver...what really sickens me though, the whole lockout situation has made me so sick of hockey, that i couldn't even watch one whole game in this tournament. hell, i watched the bluejays game from start to finish today instead of watching the gold medal game.

gongSHOW
05-15-2005, 08:06 PM
It just wasn't a very good game they were making sloppy passes left center right, and lacked the intensity like many people said earlier. they shouldn't have made it this far, it looked like they were still in training camp. I guess the fact they had no D didn't help, Jovo sucks ass...

mac_82
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
considering most of the players haven't played all year other than nash and thorton and a couple others couldn't have helped the situation much. im sure many more europeans have been playing back home, but i dont have any stats to back that up. cant really comment from watching the games though, just got back from thailand and missed them. :(

BigDannyCool
05-16-2005, 02:00 AM
i was glad they lost. hockey sucks anyways

tapout
05-16-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Khali
Im surprised Canada even made it this far, I watched all their games live at work and from what I saw, they didnt deserve to win the majority of the games they played. yup i agree man sad to say tho:thumbsup:

duffspec
05-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Sad to hear about our boys. :(

Sorrik
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i was glad they lost. hockey sucks anyways

:eek: WTF kinda canadian are you? ... I suppose you don't like BEER either :rofl: :rofl:

interlude
05-16-2005, 10:20 AM
jovo sucks.. and they need iggy and sakic.

88CRX
05-16-2005, 12:49 PM
i have trouble carring about hockey now :thumbsdow

5hift
05-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I dont feel sorry for our players mainly because I believe it is their own fault they lost. They were outplayed in most games and dominated in the final because the majority of them probably had not played hockey at that kind of a competitive level for a year.

The only reason they werent in shape and read is because they are greedy and not happy earning a average salary of almost 2 million (correct me if im wrong) each.

k_dawg
05-17-2005, 08:43 AM
The problem was Canada's defensive pairings never really were on the same page, they never really backed each other up in any of the games, Broduer did everything he could to keep the puck out of the net for Canada. Canada was very lucky to make it to the finals considering they blew a 4-0 lead to the Russians because they decided to sit back. If it wasn't for Broduers save on the penalty shot on ziggy palffy in the slovakia game they wouldn't have made it. Never the less good job on the silver considering alot of them hadn't played hockey since the last NHL season.

AsianCaucasian
05-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Canada sucked in everything that had to do with hockey this year. We lost the world championship, the juniors and even the women got beaten by the USA.

TaiChino
05-17-2005, 10:17 AM
I agree, with the combination of great goaltending by Vokoun, sloppiness by the Canadians, great Czech defence and us just simply getting no breaks = 3-0 shutout unfortunately.