PDA

View Full Version : What are my options?

Nalgene
05-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Ok I have been looking to get a car for quite some time now. I recently (yesterday) found a pretty good deal on a car that I am very interested in buying. The car is $12,500. There is only one problem... financing...
I just started a job on Wednesday because I just finished my first full year of post secondary (dont know wether or not im going back (most likely not)). I know I can afford car payments, insurance, gas, registration etc but I sadly do not have a sizable down payment, and since its a private sale I dont have dealer financing options. I am also 19... with a job that I just started, my parents throughly believe that the bank will not give me a loan. And hence neither will my parents. Even so the prime lending rate right now is 4.25%... does anyone know if that is even possible to obtain? Or what the interest rate would be around?
So the question is.... where do I stand? I am starting to think im screwed and stuck without a car until around this time next year when I will have a decent amount of savings and can afford to buy a similar car, or finance it with a sizable down payment. (I know I may have enough money by August or so for a down payment but Id rather buy a car at the begining of summer rather then the start of winter) I want to know for sure if there are no other options possible.
Thanx for the help.

GTS Jeff
05-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Check out da BaNk y0.

Supa Dexta
05-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Set up an appointment with the bank. They have a program where they input all your info and it gives you a credit score... School helps, a letter from your boss.. any collateral you may have.. I scored very well for just comming out of school with no past credit history (I also have no debt) The best rate I could get was 7.1% and that was fixed.. The varible rate was even higher.... I'm a few years older than you, and also finished college, so I'm not making any promises if you will have the same outcome...

:)

Nalgene
05-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Im decided to wait. My mom says that if I get at least half the money needed to buy the car she said she will sign the loan and let me use the money saved as a downpayment. Ive thought it over and as much as I want that car... I really dont NEED one really badly right now, and plus I dont like the thought of a loan.

duffspec
05-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Hahahahahah, you don't like the thought of a loan. The rest of your life will in one way or the other be filled with payments and loans. If I were you go back to school get a degree and then buy a lambo. :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: