PDA

View Full Version : Amp blowing fuses

bol
01-12-2003, 09:34 PM
OK, here's the deal.

My amp is either completely dead, or something is really fucked in my system. Everything was working fine, then today, sub starts making some wierd ass popping noise and the cone is going crazy(it seems to be fine, works fine on my home stereo.) anyways, i turn it off, turn it back on, the fuse blows.

i've replaced a ton of cables, tracked things down, nothing seems to be astray, and it still keeps blowing the fuse at the battery. no sub connected, etc etc, still keeps blowing the fuse at the battery after a couple of seconds.

I'm thinking that the amp is probably dead, but if anyone else has any ideas... i'm all ears.

EDIT: I should mention that the amp turns on for about a second, and then the fuse at the battery blows. Occasionally the fuse at the amp will blow.

Fuji
01-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Maybe something is not grounded properly? I had a problem with blowing fuses... blew 5 of them before I realized something wasn't grounded properly.

mrmattyk
01-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Just run your multimeter through the system before and after your amp, and make sure everything is cool. Dont open it or it will void your warranty/return. If the multimeter results aren't what you'd expect take it back. No sense in frying your equipment (the sub reaction was quite strange) over a shitty amp.

bol
01-12-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah i don't have a multimeter with me here so i can't try that
im pretty sure the ground is fine but i've had enough troubleshooting for the night

i'll check more tomorrow

Weapon_R
01-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Put a bigger sized fuse :)

bol
01-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Put a bigger sized fuse :)

heh it aint the fuse being underrated, trust me. :confused:

turboMiata
01-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Yup, you amp is prolly fuxored. There's a guy in town that can fix them quit good. His name is serge and he owns Surge Electronics. Just down the street (east) from Bagolac. He fixed my blada a few years ago.

Light_Speed
01-13-2003, 12:10 AM
That happend to my amp before and i brought it in to get it fixed at some stereo place on 17ave SE
it cost me like 70 bucks but they give you an estimate first so u should take it there just to no whats wrong with it

Fluidic
01-13-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata
Yup, you amp is prolly fuxored. There's a guy in town that can fix them quit good. His name is serge and he owns Surge Electronics. Just down the street (east) from Bagolac. He fixed my blada a few years ago.

Talk to Mike (audi_kid) maybe he knows what's going on! :confused:

Peter

Weapon_R
01-13-2003, 07:56 AM
I know a guy that lives close to my house - he's been repairing our electronics for YEARS now. His house is always full of electronics. Nice asian guy and very good prices since he does it from home.

I have a V12 amp that i'd like to check out - so if you want, we can take both of them to him and see if he does this kind of work and get a good price for em.

Beastly Power
01-13-2003, 10:58 AM
i dont know lots about amps but maybe u dont have a good ground..correct me if im wrong.

redline_13000
01-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Beastly Power
i dont know lots about amps but maybe u dont have a good ground..correct me if im wrong.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beastly Power
01-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

u wna corrct me redline_13000?

redline_13000
01-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Beastly Power

u wna corrct me redline_13000?

haha no man..i just have to laugh at every one of ur posts...i think lots of ppl would agree..hey weapon r?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
01-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000

haha no man..i just have to laugh at every one of ur posts...i think lots of ppl would agree..hey weapon r?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahahahahahahhahaha - ya I agree 100%.

bol
01-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Well i just tried a new ground and still no luck, Light_Speed what was the name of the place on 17th? Weapon_R do you want to ask your neighboor to see if he'd want to fix em?