PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and cancellation of auctions

BebeAphrodite
05-15-2005, 10:28 PM
I was reading in the policy that it was against rules to contact someone to purchase an item outside of ebay.

Situation is as follows: I bid on an item (Rolling Stone ticket) and in the auction the seller said that he was going to sell JUST for face value but there was 3 days left on it. So I bid on the item then later got an email from the seller asking if it was okay for him to cancel the item and sell it to me for face value and I pay him. And he also asked if I wanted to buy more tickets. I reported it to ebay. Will they shut down the auction? I don't think he's reputable.

FiveFreshFish
05-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the auction will be shut down. Anyway, it's riskier for the buyer if there's no auction.

bmeier
05-15-2005, 11:37 PM
he probably does not want to pay ebay the final value fee of the tickets. If he is in Calgary it might actually be easier to go outside of ebay.

BebeAphrodite
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
actually I don't want it, I completely misread the auction and it was a 'blessing' in disguise if this gets shut down cuz I was afraid I woulda had to pay the auction. Besides, his request to do it outside of ebay is creepy as is his request to sell me more face value tickets at $380 something but they were all singles (btw, that is face because he was selling the gold tickets).

bmeier
05-16-2005, 09:24 PM
well that does sound kind of shady, i dont know the entire story but yeah just cancel your bid and make an excuse pretty easy to do...

It seems weird to have single tickets too, i remember buying U2 tickets off ebay in 2001 and i had good luck going outside of ebay but not everyone is so lucky.