PDA

View Full Version : video problems

habsfan
05-15-2005, 10:54 PM
alright 2 problems i cant figure out. #1 when im using firefox(most of the time) .mpeg movies played with quicktime always have choppy video that is more like watching a slideshow with audio and i dont know why. any ideas? #2 with internet explorer, any video i open opens with windows media regardless of file type and the sound and the video is played in slow motion. no idea why. any help on either of these would be appreciated.

Davetronz
05-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a codec issue...
Try finding out which codecs are needed to play the videos you are watching. You might even download DiVx player...

BerserkerCatSplat
05-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Do you have Matroska Pack installed? I did, and it screwed up every last one of my codecs something hardcore. If you have it, get rid of it. I only install it when I need it. (ie to play .mkv files)

habsfan
05-16-2005, 03:28 PM
i dont think i've dl'd divx since i reformatted my comp, maybe ill try that. and no, i dont have the matroska pack, never heard of it haha

BerserkerCatSplat
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
^Ah, you should install Divx and Xvid. Your computer is most likely trying to process your Divx/Xvid MPEG4 streams through your DVD player's MPEG4 decoder, thus leading to the nasty stuttering.