PDA

View Full Version : Du Pont Teflon Car Wax

polaris
05-16-2005, 11:03 PM
So I bought this new bottle of Du Pont Teflon Car Wax today. As I understand it, Teflon is a solid that is applied on stuff as a powder and then melted on using high heat, kind of like powder coating. So I wasnt sure how this would actually work. Has anyone tried this stuff? It was raining today in Edmonton so I didnt have a chance to try it out.

Inzane
05-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Teflon does absolutely nothing for car waxes and other car care paint products. It is pure marketing gimmick, nothing else.

If the wax itself performs decently, then great. If you like it, continue to use it. But don't think it works good because it has "Teflon" in it. :rolleyes:

youngbex
05-29-2005, 01:18 AM
LOL so i would assume the "teflon" in the windshiled cleaner fluid is also gimmick

absurd_username
05-29-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't want to sound like too much of an environmental alarmist...but I do not like the idea at all of having teflon in a product that rinses down the drain into the water system.

Have a read Here (http://www.newstarget.com/003421.html)

I know it may not exactly hard science right now that the teflon and related chemicals are the end of the world...but I'm pretty sure they aren't helping anything.

Just something to think about.

dragonone
05-30-2005, 03:38 PM
so is the eagle one product (nanowax) a gimmick as well?
i'm not familiar w/ waxes and using that last time it worked pretty well (and it smelled pretty gd, attracting flies and shit lol)

bol
05-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Teflon actually has to be baked onto the surface at over 400F to bond. Products with it are a gimmick.