PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: a skyline with a pink vinyl stripe

Pages : [1] 2

cavb0i
05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
why would somebody do that to a skyline!! it looked like a really short guy was driving it i couldnt really tell cus i was a few lanes down. man everyone can get ahold of these cars now :(

QuasarCav
05-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I can actually read your post.

Something is not right.

garyb
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
i believe it belongs to a girl i used to go to school with. must like pink!

statick
05-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I can actually read your post.

Something is not right.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yea i saw this car at auto dream and on the road a couple of times.

abyss
05-17-2005, 12:16 PM
There's already a thread with this skyline included in it. It belongs to a girl who does like pink and put the stripe there so everyone would stop thinking it's her boyfriend's car. I spotted them on 17th a while back. I think it's great to see a girl who knows her stuff when it comes to cars. :thumbsup:

and :werd: on the being able to understand cavboi for once....crazy!!

finboy
05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
the owner is here on beyond, the car has been posted about before in this section

Go4Long
05-17-2005, 12:17 PM
belongs to a girl, and she's on this board somewhere...nice car, but even my girlfriend(who LOVES pink) thinks the decals are a no.

youngbex
05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
i think she lives in lethbridge, there is a chick here with a black GTS-T Type "M" with a pink decal

tapout
05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
thats osome when girls drive pimpin rides:poosie:

unfocus
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I know ther girl shes getting a paint job and wont have the pink anymore.. if im correct she told me that shes getting white paint and pink pearls... but then again shes ether might consider doing a rb20 swap instead..so shes deciding right now...

Darkane
05-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I think the decal is a knock off Signal auto stripe and I think she lives far south calgary. Friends saw her car at tony romas yesterday. :) ... But yeah why would she swap a RB20 where godzilla resides? :dunno:

unfocus
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
i think because she wants more hp
im not sure if it is an rb20 its somewher around there
all i know is she said in 3 months shes going to get it done but then again she hasn't mentioned about her aint job ether...
i mean it would look nice if she did her paint job first since her car is pretty fast already...lol

ohh i think she wants 400hp
LOL

Darkane
05-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Hmm I was tryin to say that the RB20 is inferior tot he RB26.. Her car is an R32 right? so She would be well off to do a single turbo conversion and work from there. RB26 can hold big power on stock internals.

finboy
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
it HAS an rb20, she mentioned plans of an rb25 or 26 ;)

unfocus
05-17-2005, 12:53 PM
like i said i dunno lol she already has a turbo on her car sotck i believe.. but yah.. ohh well who knows... time will tell.

finboy
05-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Hmm I was tryin to say that the RB20 is inferior tot he RB26.. Her car is an R32 right? so She would be well off to do a single turbo conversion and work from there. RB26 can hold big power on stock internals.

its not a gtr, r32 gtst's got the rb20, r33+ gtst's got rb25's, all gtr's got the rb26

Def_3
05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
yeah saw her practising driving rhd in the parking lot at fish creek

kenny
05-17-2005, 01:09 PM
If everyone only did stuff that others approve of to their own cars, then everybody would have the exact same looking car. What is the point of this? She put the pink stripe to differentiate her car and I'm pretty sure shes happy with it.

ken-gsr
05-17-2005, 01:11 PM
ya i saw her drift around a corner at chinook mall at one of that saturday meets :thumbsdow . i also heard that she was going to paint that whole car pink but her friends talked her into just getting the stripe.

asp integra
05-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by garyb
i believe it belongs to a girl i used to go to school with. must like pink!
did she go to marys with us?

unfocus
05-17-2005, 01:12 PM
she sure is...

Darkane
05-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Ahhh I didn't know it had the Rb20. Thought it was a GTR. :D

brandon
05-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by abyss
There's already a thread with this skyline included in it. It belongs to a girl who does like pink and put the stripe there so everyone would stop thinking it's her boyfriend's car. I spotted them on 17th a while back. I think it's great to see a girl who knows her stuff when it comes to cars. :thumbsup:

and :werd: on the being able to understand cavboi for once....crazy!!

it's not her boyfreinds car.

brandon
05-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by unfocus
I know ther girl shes getting a paint job and wont have the pink anymore.. if im correct she told me that shes getting white paint and pink pearls... but then again shes ether might consider doing a rb20 swap instead..so shes deciding right now...

i think because she wants more hp
im not sure if it is an rb20 its somewher around there
all i know is she said in 3 months shes going to get it done but then again she hasn't mentioned about her aint job ether...
i mean it would look nice if she did her paint job first since her car is pretty fast already...lol

ohh i think she wants 400hp
LOL

like i said i dunno lol she already has a turbo on her car sotck i believe.. but yah.. ohh well who knows... time will tell.

she sure is...

You sir suck at the internet

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

abyss
05-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by brandon

it's not her boyfreinds car.

I never said it was....you sir....suck at reading the internet.

d-UNiT
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
brandon, its because hes "unfocused"

brandon
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by abyss

I never said it was....you sir....suck at reading the internet.

apparently I do suck at reading t3h internet. My bad :P

inline6turbo
05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
OK here i go at my attempt to clear this up

bought the car, everyone thought it was my bfs, so i added the pink stripe (yes i love pink) until i get it painted white pearl with pink flake

i have a gts-t m with the rb20det, i want to swap to the rb26dett, yes im aiming for 400-500 hp, dont laugh, im serious.

i work at tony romas

i get everything done at autodream so im there alot.

i never drifted around any corner in chinook, i spun the tires a bit, but there was no drifting, that involves entering the corner at high speed and cranking the wheel and sliding around the whole corner, i was going maybe 15kmh.

hope that clears some stuff up

inline6turbo
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/sky5.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/sky4.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/sky3.jpg

wise_old_dragon
05-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Who says the decals are bad? i think its good...

Darkane
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Sweet car, Take her out to Secret street! :thumbsup:

PS: girl with skyline... Dream girl? :angel:

Loose
05-17-2005, 01:58 PM
i like it

inline6turbo
05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by asp integra

did she go to marys with us?

who are you?

i went to marys yes, been graduated for a year now

jumperman8
05-17-2005, 02:07 PM
doesnt look that bad, dont see hwo you can knock it, at least it is clean looking. nice ride:thumbsup:

inline6turbo
05-17-2005, 02:07 PM

bspot
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
IMO, R32's are ugly and over priced, but if it goes fast who cares :bigpimp:

BumpinTalon
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
looks alright.. it would look worlds better with some nicer rims that aren't perfectly flat looking.

DannyO
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Nice ride :thumbsup: , good luck and have fun getting to 400+ HP.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't really mind the stripe... but the rims need some DISH! :D

CdnSilverStreak
05-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Nice ride, and I think I've seen you around Lethbridge sometimes....at the Uni I think?

In any case, I like it. Looks great! Nothing wrong with pink, ask an STi owner....

izzoblitzo
05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I think your car looks great! who did the sticker job? it's tricky to go around the door handle!

Idratherbsidewayz
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
When I saw this car I was thinking, skyline with pink decals, must be some sort of JDM ricer. Then I saw a girl driving. I was mesmerized as she let off the BOV/Bypass valve. Like another person said, dream girl...

talonboi
05-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

yeah i saw ur clutch at autodream, holy hell i've never seen such a torn down clutch before, good idea u changed it!! nice ride:thumbsup:

turbo minivan
05-17-2005, 07:40 PM
as far as im concerned it looks alot better than most other shit, try hard, crappy tire mod cars, with all show and no go that most of you have on 99% of other imports in calgary! give the pink a break, ive seen it around and i think it acctualy looks good and stands out. not to mention, those who are dissing it, dont forget, she HAS the car that all the rest of you only dream about and hang up pictures of. true? i think so!

good job chick, i like it!

method
05-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by turbo minivan
she HAS the car that all the rest of you only dream about and hang up pictures of. true? i think so!

thats a pretty weak dream.

car doesnt look bad at all though.

talonboi
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
she HAS the car that all the rest of you only dream about and hang up pictures of. true? i think so!

good job chick, i like it!

its a nice car, i dont mind the pink, but not to bash the skyline, isnt the 89 supra faster? not too sure

btw i think the pearl white with pink flakes will suit ya

05-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Do you live in woodbine I saw your car today at the soccer feild at St. Jude, nice car by the way!!

cavb0i
05-17-2005, 08:30 PM
lol i thought it was a guy driving it i guess the pink stripe is aite if ur a gurl ! lol

finboy
05-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by method

thats a pretty weak dream.

werd, gtst's are nice, but definatly don't compare with the GTR

pr0
05-17-2005, 08:33 PM
those who are dissing it, dont forget, she HAS the car that all the rest of you only dream about

dream, my ass.

likwid
05-17-2005, 08:41 PM

bought the car, everyone thought it was my bfs, so i added the pink stripe (yes i love pink) until i get it painted white pearl with pink flake

i have a gts-t m with the rb20det, i want to swap to the rb26dett, yes im aiming for 400-500 hp, dont laugh, im serious.

i work at tony romas

i never drifted around any corner in chinook, i spun the tires a bit, but there was no drifting, that involves entering the corner at high speed and cranking the wheel and sliding around the whole corner, i was going maybe 15kmh.

Do you come to Lethbridge a lot? I have seen this car around here quite a few times.

Mad$ella
05-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I dont know why who ever posted this put a :thumbsdow ???
I think that its cool if a chic wants to represent thier car, I think the pink doesnt really look that bad at all, if it was a guy driving it would be a different story, but its NOT.

You GO girl...

( that sounds really gay :rofl: )

Raceready68
05-17-2005, 08:56 PM

i work at tony romas

I say props to her white with a pink flake would look hot on a girls car.You would be better off with going with a bigger turbo and huge front mount and huge exhaust for the price of a RB26DETT swap. RB20DET can reach you Hp mark np with the right mods.I will even hook you up with my Turbonetics and Spearco conections.

chris
05-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by pr0

dream, my ass.
werd. btw, if you were gonna do an rb26 swap, why not just get a gtr? seems like the more logic/cheaper way to go

Raceready68
05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Good Point I could get you a gtr for a very good price. I am not a big fan of twin turbos you always get the high boost and low boost turbos kicking in and out when you need them the most single turbo is the way to go

core_upt
05-18-2005, 12:42 AM
this ins one of the sickest rides kickin around now, very nicely done, full congrats to the owner, girl or not. (Altough odd the two of the nicer rides around - this one and the "pink bubbley" civic are girl owned!?!?!?)

wouldn't the logic behind rb26dett swap vs. GT-R swap be in drivetrain, as in AWD vs RWD??? Wouldn't a GTS-T with a RB26 swap be faster than a stock GTR (based on being weight)??? And isn't the engine (RB26) worth about $6,000 plus the car at around 10-12,000 still less than most GTR's at 18-30,000?

Anyway, very nice car, and the pink is H-O-T-T HOTT

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 12:48 AM
who did the sticker job?

impressions but they just went under (they did a shitty job)

btw i think the pearl white with pink flakes will suit ya

i hope it turns out as good as im dreaming

Do you live in woodbine I saw your car today at the soccer feild at St. Jude, nice car by the way!!

i live in shawnessy but all my friends live in woodlands, was i parked? i think i was visiting my bf

Do you come to Lethbridge a lot? I have seen this car around here quite a few times.

i lived there up until... this saturday lol. ive been staying at my moms for the last month until i move into my new apartment here in calgary. im down there alot though, stay tuned is doing my stereo

werd. btw, if you were gonna do an rb26 swap, why not just get a gtr? seems like the more logic/cheaper way to go

cause for the price that i got my car it would be cheaper then selling it and buying a gtr :thumbsup:
p.s. if you want a rhd, talk to me :D

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 12:51 AM
wouldn't the logic behind rb26dett swap vs. GT-R swap be in drivetrain, as in AWD vs RWD??? Wouldn't a GTS-T with a RB26 swap be faster than a stock GTR (based on being weight)??? And isn't the engine (RB26) worth about $6,000 plus the car at around 10-12,000 still less than most GTR's at 18-30,000?

Anyway, very nice car, and the pink is H-O-T-T HOTT [/B]

thats exactly it!

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by finboy

werd, gtst's are nice, but definatly don't compare with the GTR

thats all a matter of opinion

unfocus
05-18-2005, 01:00 AM
ohh man ... hmmm interesting yeah im very unfocused...
sorry guys my brain dont fucntion like normal people.. they work even better hahah
anyways

and when do you plan on doing all this stuff... hmmmm if you dont mind me asking...

i dont think u will be ready for the schow....:nut:

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:06 AM
ohh man ... hmmm interesting yeah im very unfocused...
sorry guys my brain dont fucntion like normal people.. they work even better hahah
anyways

and when do you plan on doing all this stuff... hmmmm if you dont mind me asking...

i dont think u will be ready for the schow....:nut:

i never said i was doing this stuff for the show :confused:
its going the way it is

im doing my paint and the engine at the same time, so the second the engine gets pulled im throwing it on a flat deck and getting it painted (havent really decided what colour for the engine bay) but it should all be happening in 3 months im guessing if everything goes to schedual.

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:14 AM
the only thing im doing for the show is adding my kit.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0659-vi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0653-vi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0646-vi.jpg

thats it

unfocus
05-18-2005, 01:27 AM
wow that front bumper looks yummy... hmmmm :drool:

talonboi
05-18-2005, 07:37 AM

i suppose ur gonna get it done at autodream, just to let u know, their gonna be really busy!! with the carshow comming up, and all the renovations going on...unless u dont plan on doing the swap till next year:D

cavb0i
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
I dont know why who ever posted this put a :thumbsdow ???
I think that its cool if a chic wants to represent thier car, I think the pink doesnt really look that bad at all, if it was a guy driving it would be a different story, but its NOT.

You GO girl...

( that sounds really gay :rofl: )

i thought it was a guy driving it thats why i put the:thumbsdow !! totally changes the story now that i know its a gurl. ITS :bigpimp: for a lady

rip
05-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Ok we've seen the pics of the car, now we need to see pics of the owner.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:bigpimp:

Proyecto2000
05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by rip
Ok we've seen the pics of the car, now we need to see pics of the owner.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:bigpimp:

:werd: :rofl:

well I think the Pink stripe looks good on your car :thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
05-18-2005, 09:41 AM
your car......................:hitit:

cressida_pimpin
05-18-2005, 09:44 AM
looks good:thumbsup:

brandon
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pr0

dream, my ass.

:werd: :werd:

If your dream car is a 16 year old turbo car from japan then your not looking at the right cars lol.

95acc
05-18-2005, 10:04 AM

Really?.. i thought I did a pretty good job. hmmm
You seemed to like it that night. .

Oh well.

Good luck with your plans Renee

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 11:22 AM

If your dream car is a 16 year old turbo car from japan then your not looking at the right cars lol.

this coming from the guy that said the skyline is just a 240 from japan.

right :bullshit:

shall i go into detail of how your wrong?
the 240 from japan is the 180 for one, and i wont even go into detail about the turbo, all wheel steering, all wheel drive offered by the gtr, the 280 hp from the gtr and basically everthing else.

but no its not a dream car in the sense of a lambo or a austin martin, but it is an affordable dream car to me and im sure lots of other people. People on forums are so mean when it comes to bashing other people for having an opinion.... Maybe someone out there has been dreaming of a skyline since they introduced them, posters on walls (cause i know i had one on my wall, might have been the r34, but its still a sky) and little die cast models. but the second he comes on here and dares to say its his dream car, hes slaughtered by everyone. how nice :thumbsup:
Im not only refering to you turbo minivan, its happened to me many time b4.
i think everyone should grow up and realise everyone is different and stop thinking everyone should have the same opinion and ideas as you.

Really?.. i thought I did a pretty good job. hmmm
You seemed to like it that night. .

oh i love it, yes. but they still did a shitty job. its really bubbly and peeling already.... but then again thats my fault for going there, everything they do is crap.... u shoulda seen the fuck up of a alarm install they did.... oh my.

Ed the SOHC
05-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't know what it is about girls driving nice cars... they just seem to be hotter to guys.

But I must admit I always assume it's the bf's car so by adding the pink stripes to your car.....
I would have thought your bf was metro-sexual... j/k

nice car btw.

camaro
05-18-2005, 11:35 AM

:rofl:

BubbaSTi
05-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah..... my dream car just happens to be the Skyline also.

Of COURSE I would like an R34 with zero kms on it but that aint gonna happen. Tim Hortons doesn't pay me with gold bricks here. So I might as well be realistic and save up to buy an R32 (hopefully the GTR) and still be really happy with it.

"Everyone may say what they want but whatever you want is what really matters"
-Me, from about 1 minute ago

camaro
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BubbaSTi
Yeah..... my dream car just happens to be the Skyline also.

Of COURSE I would like an R34 with zero kms on it but that aint gonna happen. Tim Hortons doesn't pay me with gold bricks here. So I might as well be realistic and save up to buy an R32 (hopefully the GTR) and still be really happy with it.

"Everyone may say what they want but whatever you want is what really matters"
-Me, from about 1 minute ago

I bet you could go sell your 99 Grand Am right now for like $14000.00 and go buy yourself an 89 Skyline GTS-t M and still have money left over.

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
^^^^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
who the hell is that guy in your sig pic. what a pos. maybe if he wrote momo bigger it would distract people from the unpainted kit...

BubbaSTi
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Actually I could see my Grand Am for about 9k sadly.

:(

Even if I could I would have to look into the insurance and registration of the Skyline anyway. I don't want to buy the car and then get screwed from my insurance or something like that.

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
my insurance is 140 for full :thumbsup:

camaro
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
^^^^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
who the hell is that guy in your sig pic. what a pos. maybe if he wrote momo bigger it would distract people from the unpainted kit...

its me :thumbsup:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/data/502/19969doin95lol.jpg

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
i know....

BubbaSTi
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking that is.

And what insurance company?

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 11:55 AM

melloche monnex

BubbaSTi
05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Grrrrrrrr

I hate you but envy you all at the same time!!

:)

2002civic
05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
melloche monnex:thumbsdow just hope you never have to deal with them like i do right now :banghead:
your car:thumbsup:

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BubbaSTi
Grrrrrrrr

I hate you but envy you all at the same time!!

:)

lol thanks ahaha

:clap:

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM

lol thanks ahaha

:clap:

Hey i know you!... i think. Did you go to MDH?

Drew
05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
I like the stripe, definitly fits the bill its suppose to, nice ride girl

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

Hey i know you!... i think. Did you go to MDH?

yes i did, who r u?

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 01:04 PM

yes i did, who r u?

lol, take a look at my calgaryplanet page. Probably don't remember me :rolleyes: although there was like... what 2 asian guys in all of MDH? lol

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
i remember the name, but i dont really remember you...5 years is a long time lol

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
i remember the name, but i dont really remember you...5 years is a long time lol

probably. I do look a lot different though ie: better. LOL.

brandon
05-18-2005, 01:26 PM

this coming from the guy that said the skyline is just a 240 from japan.

right :bullshit:

shall i go into detail of how your wrong?
the 240 from japan is the 180 for one, and i wont even go into detail about the turbo, all wheel steering, all wheel drive offered by the gtr, the 280 hp from the gtr and basically everthing else.

ahahahahaha first of all if your going to quote our msn conversation then atleast do it right. I said the skyline is just another 240sx in japan in the sense of it being so common and nothing really special. Never once did I say the skyline was a 240sx. If you really want to go into detail of our msn conversations then I can post up some pretty funny stuff you want to do for that body you want me to sell you eh rennee?

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:26 PM
lol

well maybe we should hook up sometime, pm me if you want.

i just got invited by NECC to show with them at DTP on may 28, so i guess ill see you guys there

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 01:28 PM
lol

well maybe we should hook up sometime, pm me if you want.

i just got invited by NECC to show with them at DTP on may 28, so i guess ill see you guys there

I'll be there.

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
showing? or just going to come?

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
showing? or just going to come?

lol just going to come. I wont have a car worthy of showing until maybe later this summer ;)

4doorj
05-18-2005, 03:01 PM
hey renee... car pics look good!!!

inline6turbo
05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
im coming to the beyond meet tonight
so ill see you there.

ahahahahaha first of all if your going to quote our msn conversation then atleast do it right. I said the skyline is just another 240sx in japan in the sense of it being so common and nothing really special. Never once did I say the skyline was a 240sx. If you really want to go into detail of our msn conversations then I can post up some pretty funny stuff you want to do for that body you want me to sell you eh rennee?

:drama: whats with the hostility brandon.

ok well it came across to me different.
even so, we're not in japan so its a different story.

chris
05-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Raceready68
Good Point I could get you a gtr for a very good price. I am not a big fan of twin turbos you always get the high boost and low boost turbos kicking in and out when you need them the most single turbo is the way to go
go with the single turbo conversion