PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Gondi Stylez
05-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I am in a little bit of a problem and I need your help! Ove th epast two months I have been trying to get a 1996-2000 Honda Civic HB from my Dad's client and also a good family friend who has a car dealership. 4 Civics have been in for mechanical testing and have subsequently failed. So either I'm getting screwed or they actually didn't pass. Well now I have an option that I am debting about and this is what I need your thoughts on.

1. Take a cash deal and that would be all.
2. Continue to search for a now broader car selection (96+ Integra, 92+ Prelude, 92+ Civic HB)

Now, if I take #1 then I would be stuck driving my parents car until August when I leave to go to the U of A, where I will have no car for 1 year as I am living on rez. Although, next summer I would be able to buy a car since I will have the space for one in Edmonton.

If I take #2 then I would have a newer car but it would sit in Calgary for the 8 months while I am at the U of A.

If it helps any I am getting between $4000-$5000 for my Integra.

Cheers

Gondi Stylez
05-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Come on guys! I need help!

AsianCaucasian
05-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Option 2 sounds good. It shouldn't be too hard to find a mechanically sound car out of the list you provided.

jumperman8
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
i agree, go with option 2, makes more sence then the others, and i think youwill have better luck wihth it.:thumbsup:

lastprodigy
05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
how do you plan on getting that much for the teg ( if its the same on i remember being on sale and i think it is) ?

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
you should save more money instead of getting the ugliest Civic hatch ever put into production. if you want a sportier car, which an import enthusiast probably does, save up and get a Prelude, Integra GSR, or best of all, a Talon TSi, or even import a turbo MR2 for under $7k.

lilboykorea
05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
if ur not gona be driving for 8 months save that money invest somewhere try to grow it?
and ur money wont depreciate?...:dunno:

Gondi Stylez
05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
how do you plan on getting that much for the teg ( if its the same on i remember being on sale and i think it is) ?

I have been offered a cash deal for the same integra by my dad's client. It does have body work (surface rust, driver side damage and loose bumpers) but the engine is now fully rebuilt with under 35 000 km on the B20B head. So mechanically its in pristine condition.

I'm now strongly leaning towards taking the cash deal. I know by this time next year I would have enough money saved to buy a $13 000 - $15 000 car, which now puts a nice cars on the list! Hmm... we shall see!

Seanith
05-18-2005, 11:18 PM
save it. you won't be driving a newer car for long anyways.. and all it will do is sit here in calgary..