PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 vs. PS3 vs. Revolution

treg50
05-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Nintendo's thinking is that in this 'game' they'll focus more on substance and quality of games than on flashy advanced graphics and impressive number crunching. I think Nintendo will do just fine. Revolution will be more of mature-type system overall, versus the Gamecube. Nintendo will have update it's game roster a little bit to get to the 'mature' (or 'immature,' depending how you look at it) consumer. Revolution should be 3rd place in terms of power, but in terms of game quality it could be 1st.

What Microsoft did with launching Xbox 360 before the competition is similar to them chewing off an arm so that they'd be lighter and gain some some speed advantage going into the first corner. They've sacrificed the current Xbox which had TONNES of untapped potential, JUST so they could say "Hey look, our new system is here before everyone elses!" The current Xbox is awesome, it's sad and pathetic they'd turn their back on it so early. I think they were foolish to bring the new Xbox out so soon --- in the name of greed and a cheap tactic to get people to buy it this year. I think Xbox is the best/hottest current system right now but I'm not sure about 360.

Sony was prepared for this Microshaft tactic. I had no idea PS3 was so ready. If MS wants to say "360's got the best graphics" PS3's Killzone 2 puts MS to shame. Killzone 2 has got the best trailer/graphics of all the trailers I've seen from 360 and PS3. It's about time. PS2 was falling behind, Xbox was hot. Now it seems like PS3 is going to have the visuals to match or beat 360. KZ2 is the only good trailer Sony has. In theory PS3 has been in development for more time which should make for a superior and more thought-out machine.

BumpinTalon
05-17-2005, 10:28 PM
from what I've seen, PS3 definitely has all the others trumped in terms of power and of all the manufactures they have the second best third-party support (something Nintendo sucks at). I don't see how Nintendo can say they will have better games without a game that is as revolutionary as Mario 64 (Mario Sunshine SUCKED ASS) as a launch title, and less Donkey Kong/Mario/Pokemon/etc games and more games like Resident Evil 4.

sabad66
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I think Microsoft knows what they are doing. And they are smart because Halo 3 will be released aroudn the same time as the PS3 launch.

ZEDGE
05-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Nintendo's thinking is that in this 'game' they'll focus more on substance and quality of games than on flashy advanced graphics and impressive number crunching. I think Nintendo will do just fine. Revolution will be more of mature-type system overall, versus the Gamecube. Nintendo will have update it's game roster a little bit to get to the 'mature' (or 'immature,' depending how you look at it) consumer. Revolution should be 3rd place in terms of power, but in terms of game quality it could be 1st.

What Microsoft did with launching Xbox 360 before the competition is similar to them chewing off an arm so that they'd be lighter and gain some some speed advantage going into the first corner. They've sacrificed the current Xbox which had TONNES of untapped potential, JUST so they could say "Hey look, our new system is here before everyone elses!" The current Xbox is awesome, it's sad and pathetic they'd turn their back on it so early. I think they were foolish to bring the new Xbox out so soon --- in the name of greed and a cheap tactic to get people to buy it this year. I think Xbox is the best/hottest current system right now but I'm not sure about 360.

Sony was prepared for this Microshaft tactic. I had no idea PS3 was so ready. If MS wants to say "360's got the best graphics" PS3's Killzone 2 puts MS to shame. Killzone 2 has got the best trailer/graphics of all the trailers I've seen from 360 and PS3. It's about time. PS2 was falling behind, Xbox was hot. Now it seems like PS3 is going to have the visuals to match or beat 360. KZ2 is the only good trailer Sony has. In theory PS3 has been in development for more time which should make for a superior and more thought-out machine.

I am doubtful that the Killzone footage was ingame... would be nice but I will wait and see.

Xtrema
05-17-2005, 11:38 PM
^ I have doubts as well.

I don't think it'll change much.

PS3 will still dominates with JDM titles that everyone wants to play. It was funny that Enix announced FF XII on PS3 then announced FF XI on Xbox 360. Microsoft got bitch slapped!

Xbox will move into a more media node role for digital entertainment which also happen to play games. BTW, Xbox 360 is a Windows MCE extender and that's very hot.

Revolution will not gain any new customer but parents will buy them like any Fisher Price products for their kids.

But remember, they didn't run the demo off an actually production unit yet. So one can't really trust what's shown so far is merely hot air.

Weapon_R
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I really liked the gamecube for what it was designed to do - appeal to a younger crowd at a very affordable price. If Nintendo wakes up and directs a good gaming system to older gamers, I think it'll do just fine.

Sony already has a HUGE following. I am one of them. From the PS1, to the PS2, to the PSP, and I probably will buy the PS3, depending on its price vs. Nintendo's system and the quality of games.

I've never liked the XBOX. Flashy graphics and larger processing power does not compensate for crappy games. There are only a handful of XBOX games that i've really liked, all can be counted on one hand.

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm with you on the XBOX thing, I might still get the 360 just to go back and play the games I missed (KOTOR 1 & 2, Fable, Project Gotham 2, Forza). And apparently the PS3 has absolutely staggering graphics, those clips WERE real time. There was a demo that the press said was jaw-dropping and they knew it was real time because the guy demoing it could move the camera wherever he wanted.
but remember, there is always one launch game that looks AMAZING but sucks to play... and it's probably going to be Killzone :D

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I'm with you on the XBOX thing, I might still get the 360 just to go back and play the games I missed (KOTOR 1 & 2, Fable, Project Gotham 2, Forza). And apparently the PS3 has absolutely staggering graphics, those clips WERE real time. There was a demo that the press said was jaw-dropping and they knew it was real time because the guy demoing it could move the camera wherever he wanted.
but remember, there is always one launch game that looks AMAZING but sucks to play... and it's probably going to be Killzone :D

Killzone was not in game.. only the unreal 3 demo and the tech demo with the ducks were real time. It would be nice if they could acheive that though.

Also the xbox 360 games are running on dev kits that are apparently 1/3 the power of the actual xbox 360.. interesting.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/615/615837p1.html

So if you happen to see any Xbox 360 footage, keep in mind that its not being run on a Xbox 360...

Price of Ps3.... hmm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

Killzone was not in game.. only the unreal 3 demo and the tech demo with the ducks were real time.

Also the xbox 360 games are running on dev kits that are apparently 1/3 the power of the actual xbox 360.. interesting.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/615/615837p1.html

hahahaha my ass. I think Microsoft thought "OH SHIT" when they saw the PS3 and are now backpedaling like mad.

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 08:42 AM

hahahaha my ass. I think Microsoft thought "OH SHIT" when they saw the PS3 and are now backpedaling like mad.

considering neither system is out I will wait and see...

:thumbsup:

ronaldo
05-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
I think Microsoft knows what they are doing. And they are smart because Halo 3 will be released aroudn the same time as the PS3 launch.

:werd: thatll hurt the release of the ps3

izzoblitzo
05-18-2005, 08:47 AM
I agree, the new xbox got released too early.. ps2 has been out longer, and in theory, the ps3 should have been released earlier than the xbox 360. In terms of sports games and such, I prefer the current xbox over the ps2. Processor speeds should be the main focus, there's still some games with some annoying loading times.

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 09:20 AM
load times don't have as much to do with processor speeds as they do with the speed of the CD/DVD driver. that is one aspect I hope they damn well sort out for the next generation of consoles.

heavyD
05-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Xbox = 733 mhz
PS2 = 244 mhz (something like that)

Do Xbox games look 3x better than PS2 games? No. They look better but not even 2x as good. More like the difference between a high end PC and a midrange PC.

So PS3 has 2x the processing power over Xbox360. Games will probably look better on PS3 for sure but not by much. The memory and graphics cards are around the same so the biggest advantage to the PS3 is blue ray dvd. PS3 will cost more also. Xbox360 will still own when it comes to online play as Xbox live is already established.

Killzone 2 footage looked very nice but not much better than Quake 4 on Xbox360 looks and while we know Quake 4 will deliver gameplay, Killzone 1 blew.

The graphics are the hype but its all about gameplay. I will own both because I know each system will have games that I must play.

Poor Nintendo. Microsoft & Sony sell hardware at a loss and recoupe the money in software. Nintendo is very frugal and won't sell hardware for a loss so they put out less capable systems with less features. The revolution will be less powerful than Xbox 360 (not by lots) yet released later. Their catch is the new "revolutionary" controllers that are supposedly to be gyroscopic with touchpads instead of buttons. WTF.:dunno: Good luck playing Madden with a touchpad. Nintendo is now relying on gimmicks instead of raw power to sell their stuff.

/////AMG
05-18-2005, 09:37 AM
IT will probably end up like last time, except Nintendo will get way more sales (since u can play games they made from 20 yrs. ago). PS3 will be on top, but Halo 3 won't effect sales for PS3, if they price is too high that's what will break them.

I will probably wait a year or more after it comes out and then buy a PS3 when prices fall. If they let the public know more about Blu-ray and how it will be the next dvd (hopefully if tosibha doesnt get bitch about hd-dvd), then sales should go sky high, imo.

I dunno, only time will tell, but i'll be purchasing ps3 for gtand theft auto and gran turismo

civicrider
05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
PS3 will be the best because they come out with the best games. nintendo is for kids, the xbox/360 has all the monster killing space games, i think it comes down to what games you like.

sputnik
05-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Xbox = 733 mhz
PS2 = 244 mhz (something like that)

Do Xbox games look 3x better than PS2 games? No. They look better but not even 2x as good. More like the difference between a high end PC and a midrange PC.

So PS3 has 2x the processing power over Xbox360. Games will probably look better on PS3 for sure but not by much. The memory and graphics cards are around the same so the biggest advantage to the PS3 is blue ray dvd. PS3 will cost more also. Xbox360 will still own when it comes to online play as Xbox live is already established.

Killzone 2 footage looked very nice but not much better than Quake 4 on Xbox360 looks and while we know Quake 4 will deliver gameplay, Killzone 1 blew.

The graphics are the hype but its all about gameplay. I will own both because I know each system will have games that I must play.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

At the end of the day it will come down to how fun the games are to play.

Xbox has always lacked in the traditional RPG games. However now with the addition of Square/Epic they are going to be closing that gap.

Gigaflops and teraflops mean nothing unless you have games that are worth playing for more than a weekend. Anyone still playing GT4 after they realized that it was basically GT3 with a new paintjob (except for the uber-geeks like rage2). With Xbox Live only getting better Sony better have a comparable solution for PS3 to be able to compete when it comes to online play.

I also wish people would realize that 90% of the graphics being shown on the trailers and screenshots arent necessarily from actual gameplay but are simply choreographed eye candy used to impress the internet fan boys.

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 10:13 AM

hahaahah quake 4 gameplay? no way! Quake 3 makes Killzone look like a hall of famer classic, and Doom 3 was one of the most tedious and repetitive games I've played in my life... scary as hell for the first four or five hours, but then all the fun went right out of it when you realize there was no depth to anything and Half Life 2 was way, way better.
Unless Quake 4 is the first ever moddable console game, it will suck terribly because id software is really over-rated. they should just switch to developing engines instead of those shoddy excuses for games. they even said themselves that Quake would have crappy gameplay and it was just going to be a showcase for the technology.

jumperman8
05-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I think the only thing you need to say when discuissing Playstation to Xbox is this. Halo.

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM

hahaahah quake 4 gameplay? no way! Quake 3 makes Killzone look like a hall of famer classic, and Doom 3 was one of the most tedious and repetitive games I've played in my life... scary as hell for the first four or five hours, but then all the fun went right out of it when you realize there was no depth to anything and Half Life 2 was way, way better.
Unless Quake 4 is the first ever moddable console game, it will suck terribly because id software is really over-rated. they should just switch to developing engines instead of those shoddy excuses for games. they even said themselves that Quake would have crappy gameplay and it was just going to be a showcase for the technology.

ummm Quake 4 is being developed by Raven, not Id.

and the game play will be much different than Doom..

they are not the same game

heavyD
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM

Well Killzone was a single player game and Quake 3 was strickly online multiplayer so comparing them shows that you obviously don't know your stuff. Quake 2 was an excellent game as was Quake 1 which was credited to sarting the multiplayer FPS.

ID started the FPS genere with Wolfenstein & Doom (which are classics) and while Doom 3 was a bit of a dissapointment, I still have confidence as they are working hard to ensure that Quake 4 has a good single player storyline.

Thanks again for another one of your useless posts.:thumbsdow

blacky
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
HALO 3............ENOUGH SAID

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Well Killzone was a single player game and Quake 3 was strickly online multiplayer so comparing them shows that you obviously don't know your stuff. Quake 2 was an excellent game as was Quake 1 which was credited to sarting the multiplayer FPS.

ID started the FPS genere with Wolfenstein & Doom (which are classics) and while Doom 3 was a bit of a dissapointment, I still have confidence as they are working hard to ensure that Quake 4 has a good single player storyline.

Thanks again for another one of your useless posts.:thumbsdow

you actually liked Quake 2? I think that puts you strictly in a very small minority... I thought the single player was tedious and unexciting. Quake 3 was multiplayer only, sure, and it was fun for awhile, and then it got boring and it was the mods that kept it going. Raven is nothing special, either. If Gearbox was making it, I would get excited, but as it stands, Valve is the new king of FPS. Who cares who started the genre, other people have come and done it better since then - most notably, Valve and Microsoft with Halo, and even Epic (if they still exist haha) with the Unreal games, oh and let's not forget 3D Realms and Duke Nukem 3D which was a vastly better game then Quake, it just didn't have the technological wizardry of id's game. And you haven't mentioned the new Wolfenstein yet, so that is just further proof that it sucked so bad it completely fell off everybody's radar even though it had the name power of the first ever FPS behind it. Considering id (and Raven's) track record, I don't see where you are coming from with your hope for a decent singleplayer experience in Quake 4... since in their last five games, they haven't had even one reach the same level of success as Doom.

Thanks for another one of your dumb, assumptious posts. :thumbsdow

USHER
05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
i think it was a big mistake for microsoft not to have the 360 play original xbox games...if someone wants to play an original they gotta bring back the old one i think thats just stupid

heavyD
05-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Considering id (and Raven's) track record, I don't see where you are coming from with your hope for a decent singleplayer experience in Quake 4

And Sony's track record with Killzone is stellar? That game blew. When I traded it in (only three weeks after buying it when it was released) I still remember the guy at ebgames saying "not another copy of Killzone. Man this game must suck since we are getting so many back so soon".

You must not play many fps games if only Valve fps's and Halo will do. Call of Duty & Far Cry suck then because Valve didn't make them. Keep digging.:poosie:

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I only scratched the surface... Brothers in Arms, Far Cry, etc. are all good games. There are a lot of good FPSs out there, but id hasn't contributed to the ranks of good FPSs since around 1994. and Killzone was bad, but in my opinion Quake 3 was worse. it took me only a couple hours to get tired of Quake's mindless booking ass all over drab looking levels, while at least Killzone had a few new concepts instead of being a game at the absolute most basic level with nothing added.

treg50
05-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by USHER
i think it was a big mistake for microsoft not to have the 360 play original xbox games...if someone wants to play an original they gotta bring back the old one i think thats just stupid

Xbox 360 is backward compatilble with Xbox... well, that's what I first heard but is that for certain? It's not backwards compatible? That would be a big mistake for Microsoft.

Sony was sent reeling by MS initially, but Sony was prepared and fired back hard with a pretty big list of titles and trailers. Sony HAS to defend itself because 360's 'early' release date gives it an edge on PS3. Sony's claim that PS3 is more powerful than 360 is a huge claim as well. MS firing off first has made Sony come up with some big counter-attacks.

Quake (the first one) was the best in the series. Quake 4 looks like garbage. Doom 2 is overrated. Quake 3 was destroyed by Unreal Tournament.

Check out the GEARS OF WAR trailer for 360. It's pretty intense and I'm quite certain it showing in-game graphics. It's using the new Unreal engine.

AcuraTl
05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Its only a guess but i think PS3 will succeed in having higher sale volumes when they come out...when the xbox was released i had a few friends talking about it..when the ps3 came out...the PICTURE not even a fuckin demo ppl were droolin over it and shit..saying they would buy that over the xbox360...then again its just me. Also i heard the xbox has wifi connectivity n shit...if PS3 has that im down....ALSO no blueray/HD-dvd on xbox? thats like fuckin release a game system that works on Cartridges whilst another company release's one that works on DVD's...sick

BerserkerCatSplat
05-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
I Also i heard the xbox has wifi connectivity n shit...if PS3 has that im down....

The PS3 has native support for 7 wireless controllers, plus WiFi connectivity, and connectivity for the PSP through the WiFi connection. If you need more controllers, the 6 USB ports can be used to connect more.

Weapon_R
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

The PS3 has native support for 7 wireless controllers, plus WiFi connectivity, and connectivity for the PSP through the WiFi connection. If you need more controllers, the 6 USB ports can be used to connect more.

Wow...

They really did destroy the xbox this time around..

Shoebox//Racer
05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by blacky
HALO 3............ENOUGH SAID

halo 2 blew chunks....

fanboy vs fanboy vs fanboy should be the title of this thread.

just wait till they come out!

dragonone
05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
well i just read that the ps3 will b just under 50,000 yen, which is about 465 dollars US

~ouch

AcuraTl
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer

halo 2 blew chunks....

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: Halo fanboys are just gay...Halo 2 was a dick show...seriously i was soo excited for it and when it came around it seemed like shit. Most of the storyline is now revealed seriously i doubt i will even get Halo 3....

Originally posted by dragonone
well i just read that the ps3 will b just under 50,000 yen, which is about 465 dollars US

~ouch

^^ the ps2 was released for 500 canadian ++ dont worry about the price i have a feeling Microsoft will engage in a bit of a price war after the release of the ps2...so imagine the price to drop right away

my advise to everyone dont buy the xbox360 right when it comes out...Microsoft will whore the prices on the console/accesseries and games since there will be no competition....

Lol and since ps3 has WIFI support :) my mind is made up

d-UNiT
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
xbox is amazing ps3 is stupid

their demographic is an asian kid whos parents buy them anything and everything they want, no one is gonna want to shell out a lot of money for a videogame system, and anyways there will be pretty much no way to pirate it which is a downside to a lot of people, xbox has tonnes of game developers now and has a lot of cool ideas that ps3 wouldnt even consider, ps3 has too much shit in it, its like modding a car with everypossible thing you can the ps3 is gonna have to release a somewhat lighter verison of the system for regular people who cannot afford over 500 for a system

AcuraTl
05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
xbox is amazing ps3 is stupid

their demographic is an asian kid whos parents buy them anything and everything they want, no one is gonna want to shell out a lot of money for a videogame system, and anyways there will be pretty much no way to pirate it which is a downside to a lot of people, xbox has tonnes of game developers now and has a lot of cool ideas that ps3 wouldnt even consider, ps3 has too much shit in it, its like modding a car with everypossible thing you can the ps3 is gonna have to release a somewhat lighter verison of the system for regular people who cannot afford over 500 for a system

well ps3 will offer free gaming just like ps2...that sold me mangg

heavyD
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by dragonone

~ouch

Just like I said earlier. New technology doesn't come cheap. PS3 will be close to $600 CDN initially.

d-UNiT
05-18-2005, 05:20 PM
wtf do you mean free gaming

the system will be 649.97 im almost certain of it

Weapon_R
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
^ Not a far cry from the PS2 debut...

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM

halo 2 blew chunks....

fanboy

fixed

you fit right in

because you didnt like it...that means it blows chunks? . :rolleyes:

saiyajin
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by treg50

Xbox 360 is backward compatilble with Xbox... well, that's what I first heard but is that for certain? It's not backwards compatible? That would be a big mistake for Microsoft.

Sony was sent reeling by MS initially, but Sony was prepared and fired back hard with a pretty big list of titles and trailers. Sony HAS to defend itself because 360's 'early' release date gives it an edge on PS3. Sony's claim that PS3 is more powerful than 360 is a huge claim as well. MS firing off first has made Sony come up with some big counter-attacks.

Quake (the first one) was the best in the series. Quake 4 looks like garbage. Doom 2 is overrated. Quake 3 was destroyed by Unreal Tournament.

Check out the GEARS OF WAR trailer for 360. It's pretty intense and I'm quite certain it showing in-game graphics. It's using the new Unreal engine.

the 360 is only going to be compatible with games that were good sellers...thats fukin lame hah might as well if you're doing backwards compatible you do it to at least 80% of the games and i think XBOX took a bad step they didnt get to tap the true potential of the XBOX and just cuz they wanted to make money and beat Sony they rushed and tried to push 360 out as soon as possible XBOX had a good1-2 year left and its sad to see them ditchin that shit

eblend
05-18-2005, 07:24 PM
so many freaking fan boys on this site, drives me nuts.

none of the systems are released and apparently xbox360 is already dead....before it even came out.

thing noone ever considered is that ps3 probably did not have those specs that they claim until microsoft released theirs, and then sony, not to be outdone, bumped up the specs to make it look cooler and attract a bunch of people who don't know better

only time will tell thought, i won't be getting a ps3 because well, saying how bad ps2 sucked, no thank you.

I will prolly get 360 though, looks cool and has many new features that are outside of just normal game play that sony is offering, unless htye are plannign to do some sort of an online play system with theirs. At the end of the day, whoever goes first is the oen taking the risk, whoever is second, (sony), they can always make things look better.

You know what would be killer...xbox released the specs...then sony does their specs...and then xbox goes and changes their plans and ups their shit, making sony look less desirable

saiyajin
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by eblend

I will prolly get 360 though, looks cool and has many new features that are outside of just normal game play that sony is offering, unless htye are plannign to do some sort of an online play system with theirs. At the end of the day, whoever goes first is the oen taking the risk, whoever is second, (sony), they can always make things look better.

You know what would be killer...xbox released the specs...then sony does their specs...and then xbox goes and changes their plans and ups their shit, making sony look less desirable

well with that thinking guess what...thats what XBOX did with Ps2 it came out first and XBOX followed and are you loving your xbox?:nut:

eblend
05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

well with that thinking guess what...thats what XBOX did with Ps2 it came out first and XBOX followed and are you loving your xbox?:nut:

i am loving my xbox as a matter of fact, but i am not here telling everyone that xbox 360 is screwed, or ps3 is scerwed, none of the damn systems are out yet! time will tell

saiyajin
05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
but how so cuz now ps3 is following 360 which has vast improvements over it...hah im just shitting ya

cityhunter2501
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by USHER

is this for real?

I might not be picking an Xbox360 anytime soon then, for the only reason for me to get one was that so I could play PGR2 and Forza Motorsport.

PS3 all the way for me and its huge JDM backup

USHER
05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
from what ive heard its true...i read it in the xbox magazine
but im not for sure?

treg50
05-18-2005, 08:45 PM
What really makes you wonder about PS3 and think that Sony is BS'ing right now... is there's no info on their damned websites! Playstation.com (http://www.us.playstation.com/) or Sony.com (http://www.sony.com/).

At least, Xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com) has some material and info for people to check out. But nothing from Sony? What's up with that? Other non-Sony sites have PS3 E3 press releases, trailers, names/titles, screenshots... but the Official Sony sites have nothing. :dunno:

treg50
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
My mistake!!! :angel:

SCEA E3 2005 Official Site (http://e3.playstation.com/index.aspx)

The Flash or Java was just chugging so slow on my browser that I thought the didn't have an E3 site!! It turns out Sony's got a sweet E3 site (it would have been weird if they didn't) but it's not as prominent a feature on Sony.com as I thought it would be.

Shoebox//Racer
05-18-2005, 09:17 PM

fixed

you fit right in

because you didnt like it...that means it blows chunks? . :rolleyes:

ehh...

no its not cuz i didnt like it. its cuz it blew chunks. the game was so dissapointing. 6 hours of gameplay.... gimme a break, halo 1 was so much better than halo 2 in every way. Sure there are a few gimmicks in halo 2 that are pretty cool, but for the most part it was a total let down. Similar to Doom 3.

as for the fanboy....
Everyone arguing in this thread have their own reasons, but Sony and microsoft are obviously in a sales war right now so they're gonna cut every corner and try to make everything sound better than the competition. Whats the point in even believing what these two companies state about their systems at this point?

its not like they are going to say " yeah ok theirs is better "

the only arguing that goes on here is going to be based solely on what the manufacturers are saying... and at this point i wouldnt believe a word what they have to say.

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 09:35 PM

ehh...

no its not cuz i didnt like it. its cuz it blew chunks. the game was so dissapointing. 6 hours of gameplay.... gimme a break, halo 1 was so much better than halo 2 in every way. Sure there are a few gimmicks in halo 2 that are pretty cool, but for the most part it was a total let down. Similar to Doom 3.

as for the fanboy....
Everyone arguing in this thread have their own reasons, but Sony and microsoft are obviously in a sales war right now so they're gonna cut every corner and try to make everything sound better than the competition. Whats the point in even believing what these two companies state about their systems at this point?

its not like they are going to say " yeah ok theirs is better "

the only arguing that goes on here is going to be based solely on what the manufacturers are saying... and at this point i wouldnt believe a word what they have to say.

so I would be wrong if I said Halo 2 was great??? I am confused.. you say it blows chunks.. thats "your" opinion, dont try to pass it off as fact.. kthx bye

Shoebox//Racer
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM

so I would be wrong if I said Halo 2 was great???

exactly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ZEDGE
05-18-2005, 09:42 PM

exactly :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ok then..

:rolleyes:

403Gemini
05-18-2005, 10:40 PM
playstations downfall is their controllers. short of a 2d fighter, their controllers are garbage. cheap manufacturered joysticks which have no grip so your thumb slips off, so easy to reach the end points of the joystick offers little midrange control, no triggers (r1 r2 l1 l2 ARENT triggers)makes the joysticks a downfall in fps games. triggers are ESPECIALLY nice in racing games to control the amount of gas you're putting down. thast why ive always bought racing games on xbox rather than ps2.

xbox will also offer the more dominant online community which playstation seems to lack quite a bit

BumpinTalon
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
only time will tell thought, i won't be getting a ps3 because well, saying how bad ps2 sucked, no thank you.

the PS2 sucked? hahahahaha :rofl: I guess you must have something against some of the best games to ever come out on any system... like MGS3, GT4, God of War.... I don't even know where to start.

heavyD
05-18-2005, 11:03 PM
There are speculations that the Killzone video was a pre-rendered fake. I'm not sure myself but I wouldn't put it past Sony.

Kamen
05-19-2005, 01:06 AM

the PS2 sucked? hahahahaha :rofl: I guess you must have something against some of the best games to ever come out on any system... like MGS3, GT4, God of War.... I don't even know where to start.

:werd:
None of this shit matters for now until the damn systems come out. Even if the Xbox 360 is better than PS3 Iwill still buy a PS3 because I like the Playstation games much better. Not saying xbox doesn't have good games, just saying I like PS games more; which would probably be the ultimate factor in deciding which system to by. Unless you're a freaking tool who jumps on the "best system evar" wagon...

ZEDGE
05-19-2005, 09:55 AM
TURBOGRAFICS IS TEH BEST SYSTAM EVAR!!! OMGWTFOLOLOBBQ!!@~!

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
There are speculations that the Killzone video was a pre-rendered fake. I'm not sure myself but I wouldn't put it past Sony.

I've been thinking about this too, but if it is a prerendered fake, considering it is one of the nicest pieces of computer graphics I have EVER seen, that'd be an awfully huge waste of resources. it must have been the actual models, textures, sounds, etc. from the game at the very least. the smoke and fire almost looks far, far too good to be real-time though, and they are the most difficult effects to render well...

heavyD
05-19-2005, 10:32 AM

I've been thinking about this too, but if it is a prerendered fake, considering it is one of the nicest pieces of computer graphics I have EVER seen, that'd be an awfully huge waste of resources. it must have been the actual models, textures, sounds, etc. from the game at the very least. the smoke and fire almost looks far, far too good to be real-time though, and they are the most difficult effects to render well...

If it is real-time I surely wouldn't complain as I wouldn't hesitate to fork out $600 for a machine capable of that type of realism.

treg50
05-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
... Unless you're a freaking tool who jumps on the "best system evar" wagon...

lol :rofl: Sweet.

One of the BEST games I've ever played on any system is Jade Empire (Xbox). It's got some of the best graphics I've ever seen, an awesome story, and very cool game play. I really like KOTOR (Xbox) but Jade Empire's real-time combat system really appeals to me more vs. KOTOR's more turn-based style (which I liked as well).

Jade Empire has story, has gameplay, AND has big-time graphics. The environments are truly gorgeous. This is the ultimate game right now for me. It's an example of why I think MS closed the shop on Xbox's potential to soon.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 10:41 AM

If it is real-time I surely wouldn't complain as I wouldn't hesitate to fork out $600 for a machine capable of that type of realism.

yeah no kidding, game developers have been tryin for like 15 years to get good explosions and smoke and they still haven't pulled it off. if the PS3 can do it, that is a major graphical triumph :D

/////AMG
05-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Even if the PS3 controller is a downfall, hopefully there will be an adapter or something so PS2 controllers fit in. Or just buy on fron Futureshop or something and connect it to the USB (if that works).

PS. They don't shows any controller connections for the PS3, I assume they will be the same as PS2!?!?

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
all of PS3s controllers are wireless now, bluetooth too I think.. you can hook up 7 controllers to one PS3... and TWO HDTVs at 1080P!

Weapon_R
05-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Really, i don't understand why the fuss about the controllers. Sony made some great PS1 and PS2 controllers, and they will probably do the same for PS3. If they really are awkward, someone will make some aftermarket ones.

/////AMG
05-19-2005, 11:27 AM
03Gemini has a good point though, there will probably be way less grip with these controllers compared to the PS1/2 controllers. It looks akward but hopefully doesn't feel akward.
Just got to wait and see.

jumperman8
05-19-2005, 11:30 AM

halo 2 blew chunks....

true halo 2 was a real let down to me, i passed it and was like, wow, that wasnt even as good as halo 1

jumperman8
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I still think Xbox is better though,and ahlo 1 was the most unreal game i have ever played.

Despair*
05-19-2005, 01:23 PM
^ It really depends on the type of games people like as Kamen said. Of course the 360, and Ps3 will both have their own unique set of games and that may make it worth it to purchase both systems. And some of the games will be ported to both systems. For me the Ps2 was my favorite machine as they released alot of the games that I wanted. But thats not to say that I didn't think the Xbox wasn't so great. I was extremely tempted at times to buy it for some of its incredible games like Ninja Gaiden.

eblend
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
For me the Ps3 was my favorite machine as they released alot of the games that I wanted.

dude how did u get a ps3 so soon! hahah, i know its a typo :D

Despair*
05-19-2005, 07:17 PM

dude how did u get a ps3 so soon! hahah, i know its a typo :D

ooops sorry guys, yeah u got me there... Going to edit it now ;)

ZEDGE
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok.

Here is some "real" ingame footage.

Gears of War

http://d23.yousendit.com/F/2IPYWDGQPKNEG0YZTSF574IEF4/gearsofwar.wmv

21mb

This is running on thier alpha kit.

One thing I will give MS is that they are actually showing what they have with some playable demos on the floor, not some fancy CG work.. Sony has nothing to show on the actual E3 floor..

AcuraTl
05-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok.

Here is some "real" ingame footage.

Gears of War

http://d23.yousendit.com/F/2IPYWDGQPKNEG0YZTSF574IEF4/gearsofwar.wmv

21mb

This is running on thier alpha kit.

One thing I will give MS is that they are actually showing what they have with some playable demos on the floor, not some fancy CG work.. Sony has nothing to show on the actual E3 floor..

Seriously tho...microsoft wants to make as much money as possible off there systems......its true and blue and as solid as glue on my shoe!

jumperman8
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
^ It really depends on the type of games people like as Kamen said. Of course the 360, and Ps3 will both have their own unique set of games and that may make it worth it to purchase both systems. And some of the games will be ported to both systems. For me the Ps2 was my favorite machine as they released alot of the games that I wanted. But thats not to say that I didn't think the Xbox wasn't so great. I was extremely tempted at times to buy it for some of its incredible games like Ninja Gaiden.

very true, it all depends on your taste, for controllers, game type and graphics on the games you like. So stick wiht what you like, no need to debate it, no one has changed their minds on what they like ahve they?

ZEDGE
05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

Seriously tho...microsoft wants to make as much money as possible off there systems......its true and blue and as solid as glue on my shoe!

eh :confused:

not really, they have been selling the xbox at a loss since it came out..

they dont make money on the system.

saiyajin
05-22-2005, 12:03 AM

eh :confused:

not really, they have been selling the xbox at a loss since it came out..

they dont make money on the system.

thats the thing though dont you think they are just abandoning the people that bought an xbox? face it they want market share thats why they rushed xbox360 for a 2005 release just so they can outshine sony
they still have potential for the xbox but ps2 is pretty much maxed out with games like gt4 and god of war if you looked at they way systems have been launched the next gen game system wars sony might have been at a disadvantage as they became the company that would end up coming out with a newer system first and microsoft would have been able to outdo sony just like how they outpower ps2 with xbox but now they switched it up with 360 coming out first which now lets sony improve over the mistakes that 360 will make :dunno: