PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Meet 18.05

Pages : [1] 2

sunfiredude
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Hey,

Who's all going to the meet tonight?

I think I will be coming in from Lethbridge again sometime in the afternoon, so I should be able to make er out...

I still wanna meet a few of you, and try my hand at remembering some names from last time! :nut:

unfocus
05-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Im not aloud.

cman
05-18-2005, 01:44 AM
i will be thuuuur.

RickDaTuner
05-18-2005, 01:53 AM
if Centaur ScrewBaru is done my car before 5pm then i will be there

SilverBoost
05-18-2005, 05:13 AM
If the weather is good, I may pass through...

Aleks
05-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Can't make it this time. GF's birthday takes priority :dunno:

lude_grl
05-18-2005, 07:55 AM
hahaha i think shed be a little upset if you went to the meet instead of her birthday :p

Aleks
05-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by lude_grl
hahaha i think shed be a little upset if you went to the meet instead of her birthday :p

yeah I know better than that. :D

Scat
05-18-2005, 08:40 AM
should pop in for a bit

izzoblitzo
05-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Looks like it's gonna be nice out tonight!

ken-gsr
05-18-2005, 08:44 AM
dont think i will make it out for this one.

infected
05-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Yuppers :clap:

GoChris
05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
im going to come in my rusted out dented civic. :(

pitwipe
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I hope to be there. My first time so be gentle with me :D

benyl
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
if Centaur ScrewBaru is done my car before 5pm then i will be there

You took it in with all your mods?

CRXguy
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pitwipe
I hope to be there. My first time so be gentle with me :D

Cool. More Subaru's! :thumbsup:

pitwipe
05-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Yep, scooby-fest ha ha!!!

I can't get there until around 7pm. I assume you guys are there for a few hours yeah?

sunfiredude
05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
well the last couple times ive been weve been there for about an hour and a half.....

JAYMEZ
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I should be there

civic_stylez
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
ill try and make it out, every beyond meet needs a little rice!:thumbsup:

kiwi
05-18-2005, 11:12 AM
I will be there :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
meh...
EK 2.0 will prolly show
Just cause one a Wed he aint got no where else to go.
So if you see me at the meet please walk up and say "YO!!"
Cause if you dont...then I will make sure that next week I don't show...

haha..

kiwi
05-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
meh...
EK 2.0 will prolly show
Just cause one a Wed he aint got no where else to go.
So if you see me at the meet please walk up and say "YO!!"
Cause if you dont...then I will make sure that next week I don't show...

haha..

ha ha, nice rhyme!
You're Arif, right? So do I get to hear you say ow yao dhosie tonight?

EK 2.0
05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by kiwi
ha ha, nice rhyme!
You're Arif, right? So do I get to hear you say ow yao dhosie tonight?

yes I am Arif...and if you remember to ask I will say it...

ecstasy_civic
05-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by sunfiredude
Hey,

Who's all going to the meet tonight?

I think I will be coming in from Lethbridge again sometime in the afternoon, so I should be able to make er out...

I still wanna meet a few of you, and try my hand at remembering some names from last time! :nut:

I think youve tried your hand enough:rofl:

So your coming now?

call me up biznatch, we'll put down some drinks after:bigpimp:

DannyO
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
I might be there......not that anyone cares :cry:

haha, if I don't come I'll be at next weeks one for sure.

crazydave
05-18-2005, 11:37 AM
i shall be there!

cman
05-18-2005, 11:48 AM
barmanjay will also be there again.

Genjuro
05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
what time??
dont beat me if i come..... im still a newb.
and i got a old old car...

Sorath
05-18-2005, 04:39 PM
i`ll be there with the dc5, come say hi, im shy :P

Stephen81
05-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Whereabouts at Chinook do you have these meets?, I'd like to swing by sometime:)

DannyO
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
Whereabouts at Chinook do you have these meets?, I'd like to swing by sometime:)

The parking lot out back.
http://www3.telus.net/403gemini/ghetto.JPG

Idratherbsidewayz
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Ill prolly be thurr for a bit...

RickDaTuner
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You took it in with all your mods? ha ha yeah... if wanted them to void my warranty while breaking my center vent, curbing my lip and gettng a multinova picture... sigh.... I took all the Warranty voiding mods of... man why does owning a Subaru here in calgary have to be so Difficult

Stephen81
05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Haha, "up this ramp?" I printed it off just in case. :thumbsup: I should be able to find it!

kiwi
05-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
The parking lot out back.
http://www3.telus.net/403gemini/ghetto.JPG

ha ha ha, nice map!

lude_grl
05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
that map is hella hot. i am working (hard) so i wont be thurr

s dime
05-18-2005, 06:00 PM
i will be there.

Team_Mclaren
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
lol, that map is from wayyyy back when..

courtesy of 403gemini:thumbsup:

fast95pony
05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by unfocus
Im not aloud.

..but are you allowed ??

:tongue:

DannyO
05-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Haha, yea that map ain't mine, its actually a screenshot of Googles new Satallite search engine, its a birds eye view from a space telescope......oh man we live in advanced times.

Hmm well if I'm posting here, I guess I'm not at the meet, got some things I wanna do to my ride before showing up.

Genjuro
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
hmm.. i was there at 615 and no one was there... meh.

Sorath
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
we dont usually show up till like 7.30 - 8

Kaos
05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Awww sucks I cant make it.
I had to use a fender roller tonite and I just finished.
Take lots of pics for me!!!

EK 2.0, CivicDXR, Max_BoostR, IntegraG2, and cocoabrava.
Thanx for stopping by my pad.
Being grounded sucks hahaha :(

RickDaTuner
05-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Being grounded sucks hahaha :( huh? what if I knew everyone wasw heading over to Studly Hizzouse i would have gone too.... sorry Andy oh a little on the off topic side i put my phone through the wash....:rolleyes: :dunno:

BubbaSTi
05-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Does it have better reception now?

RickDaTuner
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BubbaSTi
Yeah in Backwards Land HA-ha!:poosie:

EK 2.0
05-18-2005, 10:48 PM

Being grounded sucks hahaha :(

Anytime Bro...thanks for having us...

Stephen81
05-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Good meet tonight! Lots of really nice cars and people:thumbsup: My pictures are too large to upload so I'll just post a small one of my car :D

kiwi
05-18-2005, 10:58 PM
good meet tonight! :thumbsup:

Rockski
05-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

..but are you allowed ??

:tongue:

wicked car man, thanks for parking by me, it kinda gets lonely sometimes with nobody beside you :cry: hahaha

nice mustang by the way...

oh yea, sorry to everyone who wasnt a fan of my chewing...

fun time there none the less, and the bench in the back, owned in all the after market mods :tongue:

fast95pony
05-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Rockski

wicked car man, thanks for parking by me, it kinda gets lonely sometimes with nobody beside you :cry: hahaha

nice mustang by the way...

Thanks ! :)

There were lots of nice cars out tonight,but no one else had the
"rear facing passenger seat mod" That's unique ! :thumbsup:

Rockski
05-18-2005, 11:31 PM
and removable

nismodrifter
05-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I would really like to know who one guy in a silver SRT-4 is along with the driver of the black altima.
The owner of the SRT-4 called out on NUMEROUS occasions to the driver of the Altima to "REV IT UP MAN" and the Altima owner did so.....on numerous occasions.

Do you idiots WANT us to get kicked out??
Do either of you have any f'in common sense??
Do you feel proud to let us hear the freakin ROARING power of your V6? gangsta gangsta!!

faggots

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Agreed with Nismo here...we need to really smarten up at these meets...you all wanna fuck around take it to Deerfoot Meadows or something...

leave Chinook in peace...the Mall Admin doesnt even need a reason to kick us out guys...so smarten the fuck up...

Toms-SC
05-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Considering most guys take pictures at the meets. I would do this. Find a picture of said persons car, add said car to a 'black book' that you will update every meet (if need be) to show who is no longer welcome.

shedboy
05-19-2005, 06:40 AM
that'd be all well and good if there wasnt so many silver SRT-4s. regarding the altima and tiny little tire chirp from other silver srt, i dont think mall admin would have even remotely close to the same amount of issues as with the s2k drifter. revving in neutral doesnt endanger people or property.

finboy
05-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Considering most guys take pictures at the meets. I would do this. Find a picture of said persons car

taken care of already ;)

Originally posted by shedboy
that'd be all well and good if there wasnt so many silver SRT-4s. regarding the altima and tiny little tire chirp from other silver srt, i dont think mall admin would have even remotely close to the same amount of issues as with the s2k drifter. revving in neutral doesnt endanger people or property.

although its not as bad as the drifting, it is still something that can get us in shit, you have to remember that with a group of 30+ cars, its going to draw attention and if we are being noisy/disruptive, security or the police will show up and tell us all to leave. people have been meeting at chinook for like 3 years now, and i would hate to see the meets moved because one guy wants to show off how his exhaust sounds.

Z_Fan
05-19-2005, 07:55 AM
I actually was talking to the guy in the Altima. Seemingly nice guy IMO. I made a point of bringing up his "revving on command" and I think he got the picture. :dunno:

I also talked to the guy who owns the Silver SRT-4. So I know exactly who you guys are talking about. I didn't see the incident in question with that car...

I managed to get my Z to leave quietly. It wasn't even that difficult. :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I managed to get my Z to leave quietly. It wasn't even that difficult. :thumbsup:

thats the point...it is NOT hard to leave without causing a rukus...Yes the visual impact of 5 or 6 Sport Compacts leaving at once is one thing...but bombing up the street, or squealing your tires around the ramp is complete bullshit...

Sorath that means you...you make way too much noise...and attract way too much attention to yourself...you need to stop...and I have no qualms in providing other user names to beyond as so maybe their homies can wake them up and tell them to stop...

izzoblitzo
05-19-2005, 08:52 AM
what's with people speeding down the back street when they leave? That's one loud goodbye :zzz:

Kaos
05-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by BubbaSTi

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Yeah in Backwards Land HA-ha!:poosie:
Gayest joke EVAAARR
j/k

Ya Ricky, you shouldve stopped by.
All those guys were watching me roll my fenders, it was their first time seeing the tool!
It looks like a torture device.

Anytime Bro...thanks for having us...

BBQ at my house!!!

soon

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Ya Ricky, you shouldve stopped by.
All those guys were watching me roll my fenders, it was their first time seeing the tool!
It looks like a torture device.

BBQ at my house!!!

gee, Andy let ALL of beyond know...

sheeit, it wasnt my first time...:D ...it was neat seeing it done though, the tension, and how it made things so like round and so smooth...(trying to make it entirely not what it sounds like)

and good job advertising your BBQ to beyond Andy...haha...

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 09:06 AM
damnit.. is it always that you guys meet up around 730ish?

WBB6
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM

BBQ at my house!!!

soon

WHY wasn't I invited? :guns:

benyl
05-19-2005, 10:20 AM

Sorath that means you...you make way too much noise...and attract way too much attention to yourself...you need to stop...

Auto tragic powa Yo! :drama: :drama:

It seems that there are a lot of attention whores that show up. I guess mommy and daddy don't pay enough attention so they have to show off their loud exhaust. What the attention whores don't realize is that when people hear that shit, they shake their heads, they don't ooooo and aaaahhh.:banghead: :banghead:

shedboy
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
if we are being noisy/disruptive, security or the police will show up and tell us all to leave. people have been meeting at chinook for like 3 years now, and i would hate to see the meets moved because one guy wants to show off how his exhaust sounds.

security was up there last night a couple times and didnt say anything. i saw police drive through 3 weeks ago, they didnt say anything, nor have either said anything since the drifting incident(s). im not saying it wasnt stupid and unneccesary. i mentioned to the srt-4 guy that "we don't do stuff like that at other clubs meets" and he clued in. thats all it took. how many times have you guys been through this? its the same deal over and over, one bad seed just doesnt get it. in this case it was two, and unfortunately i had to be associated with them. i'd rather not see the srt's be unwelcome, but considering the lancer crew didnt show after last weeks episode it looks like thats the way things are going.

Kaos
05-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by WBB6

WHY wasn't I invited? :guns:

You're the guest of honor man, I'll have lucky money waiting at the door for you. I might have a lion dance too.
Its gonna be Chinese new year all over again.:poosie:

AllGoNoShow
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by shedboy

security was up there last night a couple times and didnt say anything. i saw police drive through 3 weeks ago, they didnt say anything, nor have either said anything since the drifting incident(s). im not saying it wasnt stupid and unneccesary. i mentioned to the srt-4 guy that "we don't do stuff like that at other clubs meets" and he clued in. thats all it took. how many times have you guys been through this? its the same deal over and over, one bad seed just doesnt get it. in this case it was two, and unfortunately i had to be associated with them. i'd rather not see the srt's be unwelcome, but considering the lancer crew didnt show after last weeks episode it looks like thats the way things are going.

One of the Lancer boys made a bad rep at the meet, made the whole club looked down apon by some, and not by others, no one told them not to show up, but they know that one of their guys has screwed up the rep they had before and its their choice. Looks like it could have been the same for this. No one is telling you that the whole group shouldnt come out and have fun, but fun isn't getting everyone kicked out who has been doing this for years.... If one of the SRT4's or someone else manages to get everyone kicked out, you can be sure they will be unwelcome, and if someone from the same club or not was edging them on and helped in the process, then they won't be welcome either.

dj_honda
05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I don't go to the meets......but I think if the people don't smarten up, whats going to happen with you guys is the police are going to come down and set up a stop, and everyone is going to be handed fix-it tickets. If they are already watching the area and keeping their eyes on the meeting, it shouldn't take too long. And once that happens, I would hate to be one of those people provoking the unwanted attention of the authorities.:thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2005, 11:18 AM
There was quite a few people there, thats the first meet ive been to in 2 1/2 yrs
It was good to see some people I hadnt seen in a while, and meet a few new ones.

I didnt get any pictures because I was busy talking to Z_Fan lol

pitwipe
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
It was my first meet last night, and I had a great time. Met some nice people and chatted for an hour or two...

The SRT-4's looked impressive when they turned up together. Hope no-one spoils it for that group to be their in the future!

Does anyone have pics of the meet? I'd love to see some.

crazydave
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
if you guys keep kicking people out of the meets there will be no one left lol:rofl:
J/K:rolleyes:

AllGoNoShow
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Don't be a jackass and get kicked out then :poosie: :poosie:

JCX
05-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Any of the SRT-4 guys know who the silver car causing the ruckus was? Hopefully someone told him and his Altima buddy to grow up. For the record is wasn't me but I resent it because mine is silver.

This is the exact reason I'll probably never be part of an organized SRT-4 club unless they were pretty much hand picked. For those who think that is an official SRT-4 club that meets... it really isn't. A few of the guy know each other and I'll help any of them out if they need to share experience with the car. The last couple weeks they've met downstairs and driven up together.

I can't be responsible for what another owner does the same way the S2K drivers can be responsible for the drifting assclown who visits the meets. Further, anyone wanting to bust on SRT-4 drivers as a whole can just piss off. I was there last week and I don't think the boost gauge got out of vacuum the whole time I was in the parking lot.

I think from now on I'll roll up to any meets along with ACX in his Forester and stick to the SRT owners I know and trust. :angel:

sunfiredude
05-19-2005, 12:21 PM
it was actually a good meet, good turnout! anyone have pics??

voodoo
05-19-2005, 12:58 PM
well im one of the SRT owners. (although a blue one) and i have to agree, the reving was stupid.....and i believe the SRT guy was talked to. good meet. nice to see some old faces

5hift
05-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Never having come to a meet, I'm not sure exactly what goes on there or who's causing the problems, however after reading these postings I just thought I'd leave my 2 cents.

I don’t get why there is so many problems with something as simple as a Beyond meet. Its supposed to be a place for people to meet up with their friends, make new ones, check out each others cars learn about new mods etc.

Having a loud muffler, blasting your system at crazy levels, or drifting around ramps/parking lots at the most crowded mall in Calgary where you could easily hit someone just seems so immature to me. If you want to show off that $100 muffler you just got from Canadian tire by ripping around, go do it in front of a high school during lunch time like the rest of the losers that desperately need attention. For those of you with the nicer cars (s2000/srt-4's), drifting around at a mall cannot be that fun and it’s obvious that you’re only doing it for attention. How low is your self-confidence (rephrased: how small is your penis) that you drive a nice car, and still feel the need to make excessive noise/pull stunts just to turn a few heads of people who could care less?

It’s my experience that people immature enough to act like this, are also too immature to listen to what everyone around them is telling them. Because of that, like a few other Beyonders have mentioned I think the only solution to this problem is to take pictures of not only the cars but the license plates of those causing problems. We should create a new section in Beyond for “Calgary’s Idiot Drivers” and post these pictures here along with any pictures caught of idiot drivers anywhere in Calgary. I don’t know about you guys, but if my car and license plate were consistently being posted in a section like this on a site where some of the CPS are members, I would stop driving like that or at least do it somewhere else besides the meets. It would be a good way to show Chinook Center as well as the CPS that these guys are not affiliated with Beyond nor wanted at these meets

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoo
well im one of the SRT owners. (although a blue one) and i have to agree, the reving was stupid.....and i believe the SRT guy was talked to. good meet. nice to see some old faces

Nice to meet you by the way, your car is nice:bigpimp:

voodoo
05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Nice to meet you by the way, your car is nice:bigpimp:

thanks yours too.

i actually looked at a specv when i was looking for a new car

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I think you made the right choice lol

~Leah~
05-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Was nice to see some of you's out again! See ya next week! Hopefully I actually get to meet more of you.... if you haven't introduced yourself to me, make sure you do next week. I was the one beating the crap out of Gavin and having Arif throw my keys into people's sunroofs. haha (Yes, I was the one that looked like crap too, cuz I just finished a huge shift at work and came straight there)

Freebs
05-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Any one have any pictures from the meet.... i saw a few guys cruzing around with camera's and such so there has to be some

izzoblitzo
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
that's exactly why people make loud noises, do crazy stunts, drift, and burnout as they leave.. it's attention. It's a way to say "HEY! look at me! I drive a tight whip, and I'm leaving!!"

now, not to say all these people are bad people (I dont even think the lancer guys were that bad) but it's certain individuals that want the attention that do it. You can't really appologize for speeding up/down the ramp or drifting around the corner. There's no mistake there, that's stupidity. YOUR foot is on the pedal, YOUR hand is on the ebrake. YOU control your actions.

But really though, Im sure the lancer guys would have blended in with the beyond crowd had they socialized with everyone else a little more. I mean, the guys would show up together in a band of 12-13 cars, parade through, parked all funky, and then they'd just hang out on their own. I dont know if it's intimidation or what, but it's the feeling like they're not very approachable while I was at the meets. And as they roll in as a group, they pretty much roll out as a group too. Sure, probabaly good guys to talk with, but it only took one to throw off the balance a little bit, and make all the lancer guys seem more like outcasts.

I mean, beyond has it's own little communities everyone hangs out in groups, but to Joe Shmoe and Granny Smith that's shopping at Chinook, everybody at the meet is part of it.

Mostly, it's the newbs that do stupid crap. But alot of the time, it's people that show up that's not part of the meet, or someone that just drives by and decides to show everyone their "Muscle machine", "Drift Unit"

THAT kills it for EVERYONE.

Mazstyle
05-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I drive a Silver SRT-4 and was at the meet, I witnessed the nissan revving but left before the last few guys so I didn't see the burnout. I know who it was and he will be finding out about this thread very soon - if he doesn't already know. Us SRT-4 guys are a good bunch of guys, and we don't want a bad rep. Out of all the meeting spots I've been Chinook is the best by far, and I agree it would suck to be kicked out because of someones stupidity.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Auto tragic powa Yo! :drama: :drama:

It seems that there are a lot of attention whores that show up. I guess mommy and daddy don't pay enough attention so they have to show off their loud exhaust. What the attention whores don't realize is that when people hear that shit, they shake their heads, they don't ooooo and aaaahhh.:banghead: :banghead:

lol yes.............. going at 3000rpm and still getting bs'd for it, thxs guys!

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

lol yes.............. going at 3000rpm and still getting bs'd for it, thxs guys!

Any RPM out of a fartcan sounds like ass.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:05 PM
well just cause someones exhaust is loud, doesnt mean that hes going fast.

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
well just cause someones exhaust is loud, doesnt mean that hes going fast.

No, It means his exhaust is loud which is annoying. If your exhuast is loud enough at 3K for people to complain I would hate to hear it at 7K

Loud does not equal performance.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
so..... i have a riced out car, is it ur car or mine?

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 03:16 PM

In the same sentance you admit having a riced out car and then ask if it's my car (which wasn't at the meet and sounds stock) or yours?

I was just giving you a hard time man, no need to get all sweaty about it.

Kaos
05-19-2005, 03:18 PM

He didnt say your car was riced out.
Just the exhaust is loud.
Unless you think your car is riced out.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:19 PM
actually i dont have a riced out car.. theres nothing rice about it maybe ur right a loud exhaust. thats about it

pitwipe
05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Loud does not equal performance.

That's what I keep telling the wife :D

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
hahahahaha nice

nismodrifter
05-19-2005, 03:56 PM
theres nothing rice about it maybe ur right a loud exhaust. thats about it

ok...so shut it the fuck up when you are at/around meets

AllGoNoShow
05-19-2005, 04:11 PM
ok so I think nismo cleared that up well.

Who's got pictures????:nut:

sunfiredude
05-19-2005, 05:00 PM
cmonnnn piczz

finboy
05-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
ok so I think nismo cleared that up well.

Who's got pictures????:nut:

i have a few, will load when i figure out the software required.

AllGoNoShow
05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
If its software to compress or make smaller, email them to me and I will just host them without minimzing needed.