PDA

View Full Version : need help with towing...

eur0
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok heres the deal, I picked up a prelude as a project car for the summer but unfortunately the engine is blown. The car is in Wetaskiwin (about 230km's north of Calgary) and I need to get the car back here. I called AMA and I'm not covered and some contractors I called wanted around $400-$600 which is too much for me.

Any suggestions about what I can do? I was thinking my only option is to find someone with a tow on the back of a truck and rent a car dolley from uhaul or something...

I would like to try and keep the cost under 250 if possible, so any ideas are appreciated.

and also where can I rent dolleys from and how much?

Weapon_R
05-18-2005, 09:16 PM
If you can find a dolly and its legal to tow using a regular truck, I can give you a hand this weekend probably.

Thaco
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
as long at you have lights on the vehicle in tow then it is legal.

eur0
05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
ok cool, thanks for the offer...My buddy has a truck and said he may be able to do it this weekend aswell, as long as I can find a dolley. If not, weapon I will contact you and see if we can arrange something? I sent you a pm.

Now I guess I need to find a dolley and some lights :)

EK 2.0
05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
U-Haul used to rent dollies...

and so did Budget for Trans-Canada moves...check there...

Weapon_R
05-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
ok cool, thanks for the offer...My buddy has a truck and said he may be able to do it this weekend aswell, as long as I can find a dolley. If not, weapon I will contact you and see if we can arrange something? I sent you a pm.

Now I guess I need to find a dolley and some lights :)

Sure buddy, i didn't receive a PM but I will be taking the truck to Edmonton this weekend so if you decide to do it, we should figure something out before then.