PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars epi 3 *Possible Spoilers*

Pages : [1] 2

civicrider
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
hey just got back from watching star wars episode 3 and it was awsome, out of the three new ones this is deffinatly the best. the special effects are crazy it made me dizzy in some parts, great battles, it ties all the episodes together really well, anyone who likes star wars you gotta see this one

5 thumbs up
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shaolin
05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
sweet.. going to see it on Sunday.

cman
05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
how did you see it already?

izzoblitzo
05-18-2005, 11:52 PM
I gotta see this movie! not that Im a star wars nerd or anything, but just cos I've seen all the other ones, it just wouldnt be right not to see this one... no 'closure' hahaha.. I think george lucas should make some more movies from this series.. not necessarily playing off the same characters, but from the same movie theme and gengre.

BigDannyCool
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
I just got back from the midnight showing...it was awesome. you just have to see it for yourself. I had to sit pretty close to the front, so i wasn't that comfortable. still enjoyed it though...i gotta go back and watch it from a better seat

e_racer
05-19-2005, 03:34 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: meets up to the hype!

T-Dubbs
05-19-2005, 04:06 AM
i thought that it wasnt that great
the whole vader scene at the end was really gay

and where does Han come into the picture?and where does he meet chewie??
nice battle scenes thou
it also doesnt tell of vader's body suit, just shows it, a lil bit of info would be useful, i know that he needs the suit to survive, but it would help if they acaully said it in the film.

Chiggles
05-19-2005, 04:08 AM
WOW!!!! I have nothing bad to say about it at all. It was everything that I could have hoped for. The opening battle was visually overwhelming and I just wish they could've filmed more of it for a longer duration just to see all the detail. :eek: Buy yeah, this one brought completion to the overall story and the timeline and everything come full circle. A few moments caught me off guard in the sense that it didn't seem like something Lucas would do, but that was the great part about it. Having the shock value that added to the depth of the episode just makes up for the last 2 so much.

With the group that I went to go see it with, some of us (including myself) even brought some of the replica light sabres that we own; they light up in an up and down motion with all the hums, crash sounds, etc. Man, as I drove away from the theatre, I held my sabre high with all it's glorious blue glow lighting up the night through my sunroof almost all the way home. It was great!!! Hahahaha!! Star wars 4ever!! My only regret to the evening was not having a camera on hand to take a shot of us at this milestone point in our lives.

It was a great night. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

LONG LIVE YODA!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BigDannyCool
05-19-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by RedDevil

nice battle scenes thou
it also doesnt tell of vader's body suit, just shows it, a lil bit of info would be useful, i know that he needs the suit to survive, but it would help if they acaully said it in the film.

dude you obviously need to watch Episode 4 again...Han Solo? he doesn't come into the picture for a number of years later.

Xtrema
05-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by RedDevil

nice battle scenes thou

With any luck, they may be in the TV series Lucas is working on that bridges between ep 3 and 4.

But with smaller TV budget and the slippery slop of it turning into another Young Indy series scares me.

Last thing we need is O.C. with Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.

Can't wait to check it out.

civicrider
05-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by cman
how did you see it already?

i was actualy the first group in calgary to see it, they had a special preshowing or something my brother works in the media. i think the best part were all the dorks there dressed up in star wars characters so damn funny with their light sabers and stuff:rofl:

i think they should remake episodes 4 5 6, it would be cool to see them updated with new technology

hampstor
05-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by civicrider

i think they should remake episodes 4 5 6, it would be cool to see them updated with new technology

I'm not really keen on a remake of 4/5/6.. they obviously can't use the same characters as the original.. I mean imagine if they cast Orlando Bloom as Luke it would just be wrong!!

heavyD
05-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

I'm not really keen on a remake of 4/5/6.. they obviously can't use the same characters as the original.. I mean imagine if they cast Orlando Bloom as Luke it would just be wrong!!

Or Ben Afflek as Han Solo.:barf:

Phy
05-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Good movie - better than Return of the Jedi, which puts it up with 4 and 5. And the very last shot is perfect, especially if you start watching from Episode 4.

Can't believe I actually went to a midnight showing. Holy crap. Actually a fair amount of people in costumes, including this one dude dressed up as an Imperial officer, going around and writing up Imperial tickets to people for shit like loitering and associating with Wookiees. Guy's got balls, I'll give him that.

Gondi Stylez
05-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I have to go see this! Ive been so busy lately, so hopefully I can make it out next week some time!

LONG LIVE STAR WARS! It rules!

I would also agree that they should remake 4,5,6! :thumbsup:

civicrider
05-19-2005, 09:36 AM
^
only if they use good people as the characters:thumbsup:

Idratherbsidewayz
05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Special effects wise, this movie was amazing.

I don't know if its just me, but the guy who played Anakin is a TERRIBLE actor. I really didn't like him. Vader screaming "Noooooooooooooo" at the end was fuckin stupid.

And if you watched Episode 4 it wouldn't tell you how Han and Chewie met. You just get to know them in Mos Eisley. They actually met when Han rescued Chewie off of an imperial ship (Chewie was a slave). Thats how the whole life debt thing started. Would have been cool if they showed it, but it wouldn't fit in that time period.

I found they also overdid the connections between episode 3 and 4,5,6. The whole thing came off as a little cheesy at the end.

Overall, id give it a 4/5.

mdeleon
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
^^^good post

civicrider
05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
i was also expecting the end with darth vader to be a little bit better, other then that awsome!!!!

statick
05-19-2005, 12:11 PM
seeing it friday night (hopefully)...very excited.

BigDannyCool
05-19-2005, 12:28 PM
nah they shouldn't remake 4,5, and 6 it would ruin it...what they should do, is make a 7,8, and 9. Now that would be awesome.

civicrider
05-19-2005, 12:30 PM
i cant wait till episode 3 is out on dvd im gonna buy the set and watch front to back

JAYMEZ
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Im gonna go see it tonight , I cant wait , it should be awesome! BTW can you change the title to have Spoilers Inside!

BigDannyCool
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
there's not really any spoilers in here, YET. everyone knows anakin ends up being darth

better go early Jaymes gonna be busy

Hakkola
05-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I was supposed to go at midnight last night but i ditched out, sounds like it was great though, i'll be sure to see it soon.

Wakalimasu
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM
OMG ANAKIN BECOMES VADER?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Phy
05-19-2005, 04:20 PM
i was also expecting the end with darth vader to be a little bit better, other then that awsome!!!!

Yeah... it was kinda grating, but remember, Anakin's been a dumbass all through the prequels. I guess it takes 20-odd years of crushing people's tracheas with his mind to make him not suck.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
i heard, alot people got owned in the movie :P

cycosis
05-19-2005, 06:40 PM
haha mostly jedi. but yeah, vader's "nooooooooo" scene was terrible. it was funny to watch as they tried to transition the hightech screens, displays and control consoles of the ships form the new movies into the wall sized, enormous buttons, no screens controls of the old movie's ships. i would give it a 3.9/5
there was jsut some painful acting in there sometimes.

oh yeah, anyone notice chewie's tarzan moment? hahah:rofl:

cman
05-19-2005, 06:49 PM
im seeing it at 10pm:thumbsup:
how much time should i go before hand to get a decent seat do you guys think? i already have tickets.

civicrider
05-19-2005, 07:06 PM
fuck dont bother going early unless its like a couple hours i was an hour early at the special showing last night and i was in the back of the line, i cant imagine what its like today

cman
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
shiiiiiiiiit. looks like im getting a shitty seat.
and the peeps im going with arnt done school until 930 so ill be in line all alone.

Xtrema
05-19-2005, 11:06 PM
**** Spolier alert ****

Did anyone find that the whole save Padme thing is a huge plot hole?

So Ani (stupid name still being used in this movie) turns dark but still didn't save her, which mean sith lies. Why did he let the emperor live? The cool Vader would've choke his master on the spot.

BTW, I think using Hayden as Vader is a mistake. He make Vader look like a shrimp compare the one in 4,5,6.

Other problems I have with the movie:
- Lucas sucks @ writing romance lines. They came off very cheesy and the actors are reading, not acting. Stiff

- Windu almost killed the Sith but Yoda lost? Or is i just a plot to turn Anakin by the Sith? By the way, I keep waiting for Windu to say "kill the muthafu**ka" :rofl: but didn't happen.

- Lucas went NUTS with the wipes and multitasking story telling. Jumping all over the place. I almost got dizzy from that.

- The ties to Ep 4,5,6 came fast the furious in the last 10 mins. Which I think is very cheesy. That Tatooie sunset, quick mention of memory wipe, Obi wan rubing as beard (like in ep 4). Nice to see but come too quick.

- Only the protocol droid (C3PO) got a memory wipe. Not the Astro Droid (R2D2), so won't R2 just tell C3PO who Vader is?

- If R2 can jump out of his slot on demand, why does he need to be loaded into the ship later on? Espeically if he's fitted with jets.

- The background and set animation is TOO FAKE. The should've built the set.

Cool stuff:
- 1st battle scene is awesome

- reuse original SW score more than last 2 movies is excellent.

- the burnt up Anakin is awesome, guess that the PG-13 rating comes from.

- Light saber duels are cool but ep 1 still has the best fight with Darth Maul.

BigDannyCool
05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Darth Sidious didn't lie...he said that with the dark powers you can learn how to prevent people from dying. Anakin just didn't learn how to yet. so sidious just told him that Padme died to fuel his anger and pull him deeper into the darkside.

szw
05-20-2005, 01:24 AM
"I've got a bad feeling about this"

dj_honda
05-20-2005, 01:39 AM
It was good and I am satisfied on the whole Star Wars deal. I think it tied everything up fine. I think adding anything else to the 6 episodes will make it worse and played out.

As to the Windu almost killing the Sidious, Sidious was just playing possum to get Anakin to listen to him. Thats how I interpreted it.

Thank god Jar Jar didn't say a word this time.

cman
05-20-2005, 01:48 AM
well i went 45 minutes early and got screwed to 4th row from the front, also dont drink a large pop before hand, i spent half the movie trying to not think about taking a piss. in the end it resulted in 76 seconds of straight piss after i spritend to the washroom haha.
all in all i thought they did a pretty decent job, though i already knew the majority of the story line there were a few surprises.
and the love fucking sucked in this one again, terrible terrible job at those.

Originally posted by dj_honda
As to the Windu almost killing the Sidious, Sidious was just playing possum to get Anakin to listen to him. Thats how I interpreted it.

thats what i thought as well. he faked almost dying for sympathy because he knew he was fucked if he didnt come up with something quikly.

Sorath
05-20-2005, 01:58 AM
man, i just wanna watch it so bad now

Benny
05-20-2005, 02:36 AM
I saw it earlier on today. Damn good movie. Tons better than 1 and 2. We went 2 hours early and ended up about 5 people from the front of the line. Made it good for us to get some prime seats in the theatre. Waiting for 2 hours was a bitch though. We ended up playing poker on the floor.

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 08:12 AM
What is it with star wars movies and hands?
- Anakin loses one hand
- Dooku loses both hands
- Mace loses one hand
- Grevious loses two hands (technically)
- That guy in the Catina in IV loses one hand
- Luke loses one hand
- Vader loses a hand (still counts)
and I must have missed some. I guess Anakin loses some other limbs too. He gets fucked up! holy, I can't believe Obi Wan did that to him and then just left him there.
The movie ends so well I almost forgot about how boring that half hour between the first battle and the next one was. Plus I don't think I've ever seen a movie where so much was happening so quickly but the plot didn't go anywhere, but as soon as Mace tried to arrest Palpatine the movie just started kicking total ass.

abyss
05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Saw it last night, so tired today.....It was really good, even though I know how the story plays out I still found myself muttering under my breath "argh, stupid Anakin, stop listening to Palpatine!" Thought it was funny how Obi Wan yells at Anakin as he's leaving "You were the chosen one!!!" I couldn't help but giggle there, it's like that one last little "I told you so" before he leaves.

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by abyss
Saw it last night, so tired today.....It was really good, even though I know how the story plays out I still found myself muttering under my breath "argh, stupid Anakin, stop listening to Palpatine!" Thought it was funny how Obi Wan yells at Anakin as he's leaving "You were the chosen one!!!" I couldn't help but giggle there, it's like that one last little "I told you so" before he leaves.

spoilers ---- I think no matter what you say to the guy whose legs you just cut off, it could be interpreted as "I told you so"

civicrider
05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by abyss

haha i know what yuo mean, i dont understand why obi wan didnt finish off anakin:dunno:

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 10:06 AM

haha i know what yuo mean, i dont understand why obi wan didnt finish off anakin:dunno:

dude, he cut off his legs, he was on fire, and burning really good when he started walking away. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think he was dead or for a certainty going to die

abyss
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

spoilers ---- I think no matter what you say to the guy whose legs you just cut off, it could be interpreted as "I told you so"

touche.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Wow, watched it last night, what a great movie. Totally made up for I and II, and then some.

I've come to the realization that Hayden Christiansen can't play an angsty good guy, but he can sure as hell play an angsty bad guy.

*Spoiler*

Was I the only person that when Anakin/Vader got his limbs removed, instantly thought of the Black Knight from Monty Python? I mean, I half wanted Anakin to yell at Obi-Wan, "Come back here!! I'll bite your knees off!! You pansy!!"

And finally, did anyone else see the Millennium Falcon? I know I sure did! :D

abyss
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
Wow, watched it last night, what a great movie. Totally made up for I and II, and then some.

I've come to the realization that Hayden Christiansen can't play an angsty good guy, but he can sure as hell play an angsty bad guy.

*Spoiler*

Was I the only person that when Anakin/Vader got his limbs removed, instantly thought of the Black Knight from Monty Python? I mean, I half wanted Anakin to yell at Obi-Wan, "Come back here!! I'll bite your knees off!! You pansy!!"

BAHAHA, no I never thought of the black knight, although I guess he was technically "black" at that point too...."It's nothing....just a flesh wound!"

JAYMEZ
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I saw this movie last night , I thought it was awesome , the begining battle scene was sweet...

But what is with the droids and there lame voices lol?
And seeing chewbaka was cool!

4.5/5!

civicrider
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
haha there were a couple parts with R2D2 that were funny wasnt expecting to laugh in the movie.

yeah i saw the millenium falcon:thumbsup:

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Millenium Falcon? whaaaaaaaaat I missed it

BerserkerCatSplat
05-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Spoilerish

The Falcon can be seen landing at the bottom-centre of the screen when the shuttle carrying Anakin and Obi-Wan is vectoring in to land, after the scene where they land Grevious's flagship.

The Falcon was also in Eps. 1&2, BTW.

BigDannyCool
05-20-2005, 07:51 PM
was the millenium falcon actually Han Solo's or did he steal it from somebody?

BerserkerCatSplat
05-20-2005, 11:36 PM
^ Han won it from Lando Calrissian in a sabaac game, who had originally won it from someone else in the same fashion. The ship already had a somewhat dubious reputation at that point.

kiwi
05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Just got home from watching it! The effects & everything were great, but the dialogue was kinda... :nut:

max_boost
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Great movie! Saw it opening night.

I think the movie could have been longer, it seemed Lucas was a bit rushed in trying to tie everything in. Hell it could have been a 3.5/4 hour movie and I would still watch it.

Obi-Wan didn't kill D.Vader towards the end because it's not in the Jedi code to kill an unarmed enemy (remember when Anakin killed Dooku after chopping both his hands off).

Primer_Drift
05-21-2005, 12:15 AM
yeah i saw the millenium falcon:thumbsup:

Sure it was the falcon? Could it not have been another Correllian light freighter (YT1300)??

:rofl: that didn't sound star wars geekish at all..

Shaolin
05-21-2005, 01:10 AM
wow..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that was so weak. Great movie though.

lsc2g
05-21-2005, 01:18 AM
saw it tonight.. i liked it alot.. very graphic.. definetely made up for the first 2.. good ending.. emperor is pure evil.. anakin was badass.. pretty gnarly when he got pwned tho.

ps.. bootleg has been out since last night for those who care.

civicrider
05-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Sure it was the falcon? Could it not have been another Correllian light freighter (YT1300)??

:rofl: that didn't sound star wars geekish at all..

it could have but if it was an YT1300 im pretty sure it would be the falcon

nj2Type-S
05-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda

Thank god Jar Jar didn't say a word this time.

:werd: hahaha

JC522
05-21-2005, 08:49 AM
******spoiler*****

When Mace and the 3 jedi were going to arrest palpatine and samuel L Jackson was in the middle of the screen i was kind of expecting the theme from shaft to play with Samuel Saying "I'm one bad motha....." and the other jedi saying "shut yo mouth". haha i dunno ever since shaft i just can't see samuel L Jackson any other way

Shaolin
05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Those JKs with SLJ in that scene were useless.. they should've at least put up some fight against Palpatine. BAD ACTING but GOOD movie.. :D

BerserkerCatSplat
05-21-2005, 11:40 AM
^In the book, they put up a better fight... until Palpatine puts his lightsaber through the guy's head!

I think the WORST cut that Lucas made was when he cut out the scene with Qui-Gon at the end. Yoda was supposed to show Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon had found a way to become one with the Force so they could continue to train, but we never got to see it.

The other big cut was the removal of the scenes with Mon Mothma. There was supposed to be 2 or 3 scenes with Mon and Padme and the 2000 senators that begin the Rebel Alliance, but they all got cut as well.

d-UNiT
05-21-2005, 11:56 AM
this movie was amazing, i regret watching 4,5,6 though because the characters were really growing on me , and i knew the outcome of their fate, but there was still a couple twists and turns that suprised me, best idea ever was watching at westhills, not even busy, aside for some kids having lightsabre wars it was tight watching it on opening day not worrying about getting seats

btw

why do people clap and shit when movies start and end at the theatres, thats so fucking weird

BumpinTalon
05-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
why do people clap and shit when movies start and end at the theatres, thats so fucking weird

yeah no kidding, I've never seen people do that before until I went and saw Star WArs

d-UNiT
05-21-2005, 12:09 PM
the first time i experienced this was when watching an advanced screening for spiceworld yes the spicegirls movie, i was a horny prepubesent kid, shoot me

anyways i was so confused why people were clapping and going all out, like do you think they hear ya?, do you think they care that you are clapping.. mmmmNO

fuckkkkkkkk lol so weird

d-UNiT
05-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by kiwi
Just got home from watching it! The effects & everything were great, but the dialogue was kinda... :nut:

you've obviously never seen any other star wars movies :thumbsdow

Orbie
05-21-2005, 12:18 PM

I think the WORST cut that Lucas made was when he cut out the scene with Qui-Gon at the end. Yoda was supposed to show Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon had found a way to become one with the Force so they could continue to train, but we never got to see it.

The other big cut was the removal of the scenes with Mon Mothma. There was supposed to be 2 or 3 scenes with Mon and Padme and the 2000 senators that begin the Rebel Alliance, but they all got cut as well.

DVD man...probably add a good 30-1hr in cut scenes. Plus be a good marketing point to get a ton more revenue for the Star Wars franchise.

jumperman8
05-21-2005, 08:15 PM
It was wicked movie, i dont know if i jsut cant remeber but did we as an audience ever see Aniken get his hand chopped off, i htink that is so "important" to the movie that we should of seen it. Symbolizes similarity wiht his son, when luke gets his hand cut off and then realizes his fatehr had his cut off as well.

Skyline_Addict
05-21-2005, 08:50 PM
^^ didn't he get his hand chopped off by count dookoo in episode 2?

Skyline_Addict
05-21-2005, 08:55 PM

yeah, i was expecting to see something about that! then it just said

THE END

jumperman8
05-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
^^ didn't he get his hand chopped off by count dookoo in episode 2?

ya ithink he did, i jsut couldnt remeber, and i didnt buy that one, so i couldnt check, thanks man.:thumbsup:

DEREK57
05-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Pretty good movie, the effects and imagery was pretty sweet, but IMO the casting sucked. Sam Jackson does not belong in a Star Wars movie, and Hayden Christensen was a horrible choice, he sounded way too much like a girl...way too often. Also the lines were constantly cheesey, and all the dialouge between Portman and Anikan seemed really stupid. Still worth seeing though.

The wookie war scene was great. :thumbsup:

BumpinTalon
05-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Christensen sucked, until he turned evil. his acting got a LOT better at the end.

lsc2g
05-22-2005, 01:28 AM
i agree that sammy jackson shouldn't be in a star wars movie.. its not that he's a bad actor its the fact that 99.9% of people who see him are just waiting for him to scream motherfucker with some 70s funk music:bigpimp:

i thought christensen was alot better for this movie for sure..

d-UNiT
05-22-2005, 03:25 AM
i dont understand what you people are talking about with cheesy dialouge, i mean isnt that one of the perks of the starwars movies, lucas knows that its cheesy but thats the way all the movies are,

like im really confused because you guys seem to know quite a bit about the movies but dont realize that none of the movies have exceptional acting and its not about the acting its about the story its about the characters its about the lightsabres

kinda bugs me that people are complaining about the acting and samuel did a good job, and i never saw anyone complain about him until ep 3 but he was in the 1st 2nd and 3rd,

well whatever i dont know

szw
05-22-2005, 04:27 AM

you've obviously never seen any other star wars movies :thumbsdow

No kidding, people are saying the dialogue is bad and cheesy romance plots? What did you expect...it's supposed to just kick a lot of ass, and it does.

ZEDGE
05-22-2005, 11:21 AM

*Spoiler*

HAHAHA

I was thinking the same thing, I wanted to laugh.

Where did you see the Millennium Falcon?

Kaos
05-22-2005, 11:32 AM
I guess its true, the black guy always dies in movies.

Poor Samuel L. Jackson. :poosie:

eb0i
05-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Best movie of the 3 by far. But out of the six, this is probably number 4 out of the 6 for me.

As for those who say the acting is bad. Well its not much you can do when the screen plays pretty much blow. I mean come on, he has such a huge break between episodes 6 and 1 and that's what we get for episode 1? :thumbsdow

I was also expecting to see Anakin battle the Jedi in the temple, but all we got was him approaching younglin's and then a cutscene.

d-UNiT
05-22-2005, 11:50 AM
dude you wanted to see him kill the younglings? are you sick or what

heavyD
05-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Lucas has lost his touch. If he would have turned episodes 1 - 3 over to someone like Peter Jackson I'm positive that the three would have been on par with 4 - 6. The key ingredient of 4 - 6 was Harrison Ford. If you watch the best movie Empire Strike Back his character carried that flick with Carie Fisher with humor and witt. All the characters with the exception of Obi Wan were void of any personality in episodes 1 - 3 as he tried to use the droids & Jar Jar for comic relief which didn't work.

He still knows special effects, audio affects, and action scenes but today's audiences now are used to CG effects so the 'wow' factor isn't the same and as we see with alot of good action flicks you need good acting and dialogue to carry the movie in between action scenes and Lucas just can't do that effectively. There are many times in episodes 1 - 3 that some of the dialogue would leave me shaking my head thinking "how could the editors see that scene and not say 'that's corny, we have to change that dialog.'" The cast just didn't have the majic that the original cast had that made you really care about what happened to them.

Back to the movie. I thought it was good about as good as episode 2 but there was so much potential left untapped that it left me a little dissapointed knowing that a better director could have made something truly special rather than just a good movie.:(

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Christensen sucked, until he turned evil. his acting got a LOT better at the end. \

i think his only good acting scene in that movie was when he got fried by lava and started screaming.

d-UNiT
05-22-2005, 12:13 PM
gonna have to disagree with ya hD, all the movies are cheesy, and this movie left me with a lasting impression, while i was watching i was hoping the outcome wouldnt be what i knew it was gonna become, i dont think peter jackson would be able to make a good star wars, and all the star wars geeks would probably cause so much ruckus that the film wouldnt even start production... i think he should hand it over to someone for episode 7,8,9 .. but stay as a watchful eye to match sure it doesnt lose direction

mark hamil and carie fisher would be able to be in this movie as parents to their kids, 2 boys, one becomes jedi one becomes sith yESSSSSSSss

haha never gonna happen but :whocares:

Toma
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
All I can say is....

The movie was AWESOME
and
YODA rules ;)

eb0i
05-22-2005, 02:57 PM
dude you wanted to see him kill the younglings? are you sick or what

No, but I just wanted to see him kill the other older jedi, at least have a few battles with some.

Talies R
05-22-2005, 03:01 PM
So is this it, no more Star Wars movies?

lsc2g
05-22-2005, 04:07 PM
yea i guess so.. i think they should make 7-9.. its a huge cashcow..

A_3
05-22-2005, 06:41 PM
George Lucas has said he will never make 7-8-9, it would be pointless. Star Wars revolves around Darth Vader: Anakins path to becoming a jedi, his fall to the dark side, and his subsequent demise. The last three movies focus on Lukes side of the story, but Lucas ultimately set it up to use Luke as a vessel to bring Vader back to the light, bringing the story full circle. Lucas has changed the Star Wars saga from being Luke Skywalker's movie to being Anakins movie, essentially killing any chance of a 7-8-9 but wraping up 1-6 nicely. After seeing episode 3 and then relating it to 4,5,6 you can see that Luke isn't all that bad ass, the Emperor and Vader had faced alot tougher shit, but it took Luke's presence to allow Vader to see the light side again. Luke would have had his ass handed to him fighting the Emperor but Vader (being uber powerful) was able to end him with a simple toss into the core of the death star. This showed Anakins power and how he EVENTUALLY brought balance to the force, despite fucking it royally for a good 20 some odd years. I agree 7-8-9 would bring in a ri-fucking-donculous amount of money but George Lucas doesn't really need it, he's happy. And let's face it, Star Wars wouldn't be the same with GL behind it. I also believe he owns the rights to the name so there is no way another three are made unless it gets the thumbs-up from him. If you're curious to find out what happend after the movies there are tons of literature and media on the Star Wars universe.

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 06:47 PM
is there a 4-6 package? i'm thinking of renting, but don't wanna shell out 3x the money to rent the movies...

lsc2g
05-22-2005, 07:38 PM
yea right now you can get the 4-6 dvd box set

civicrider
05-22-2005, 08:13 PM
i bought them all on ebay for cheap!

i dont know why you guys are hating on the actors so bad i felt that the ones were pretty good for the parts, obi wan was awsome, you coudnt expect it to be as good as 4-5-6 they are classic if you comapre 1-2-3 to 4-5-6 theres no comparason but they are all still really good!

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by lsc2g
yea right now you can get the 4-6 dvd box set

ghetto. blockbuster didn't have it.
only 4-6 seperate in VHS....

lsc2g
05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
doh! try futureshit or bestbuy.. they should.. or buy online with amazon

ZEDGE
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
\

i think his only good acting scene in that movie was when he got fried by lava and started screaming.

:rofl: :rofl:

That made me laugh out loud.. seriously.

I loved the movie though.

Kamen
05-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I really liked the lightsaber battles in this one.
I think Grievous should have been a little more kickass, I mean he wields the lightsabers of 4 slain Jedis...
Can someone explain to me why he coughs...? Did that part of him stay when he was made half machine? And why do his eyes and organs not pop when he is in space? hehe ok so reality has nothing to do with Star Wars ok...

Mace's backup when he faced the Chancellor were so fucking useless...just fodder...got striked down within 5 seconds.

I like the movie overall. The only thing I couldn't take were Padme and Anakin's cheesy love scenes, I mean wtf were they thinking with dialogue even a 5 year old would be embarrassed to say...

d-UNiT
05-23-2005, 11:55 PM
if you can find me any other intergalactic movie with less cheesy love seasons/ dull acting i will give you a trophy

Shaolin
05-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Kamen, watch Clone Wars vol 1 and 2, it would make sense to you.. Grievous coughs because Windu force crushed him during the chancellor's kidnap in Vol 2. The Jedis he killed were pretty weak.. but it explains it if you watch the clone wars cartoon.

civicrider
05-24-2005, 12:13 AM
watching back on 4-5-6 the actors are better but some of the lightsaber wars are very bad i could puck up a sword and do better moves, so you ither sacrafice acting or action it seems.

Sorath
05-24-2005, 12:27 AM
watched it 2 days ago, great movie, i'd say he did good to tie the movies together, it showed the creation of the deathstar which was pretty cool