PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it? (swap)

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey.
i'm having some problems deciding what to do..

i have a '92 Teg GS, all nearly perfect condition other than some rust near the rear tire. The car just had its birthday of 250,000 so its getting pretty damn old. i'm the third owner (some guy who only used it on the highway and took Reaally good care of it, my brother who never used it out of the city and gave it to me in awesome condition, and i, of course i take care of my baby.) Anyways, its starting to feel like its about to retire.
i wanted to put some mods into it, like engine wise, but i was told that its kinda pointless cause it has so many kms on it.
then i was brought onto a swap... the car would be like brand new if i did that right?
anyways i got a quote from STRD for $6000 for a '98 Spec B18C-R not including install. i choose this engine cause its a type R first of all and its got the HP that i want for my car, stock.

my bro bought the car off this guy for 6 grand in 2003, and i bought the car off my bro for 3 grand.... Think its worth it to spend another 7 grand on it?

another reason why i want to keep it is cause my insurance... its pretty low with this car. but as soon as i want to get a different one, i ask for a quote, and it increases nearly 200%. i Really dont want to pay 5000 per year on a car just for insurance.

Is it worth it!?

Thanks

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 09:48 AM
SEVEN GRAND for a motor swap? screw that, get a ZC or D-series and turbocharge it if you want more power. There is no point in putting in a motor that costs more then twice as much as the car in.

sputnik
05-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Probably better off selling it and buying that lower mileage GSR posted on Beyond. The only costs with high mileage cars arent just the engines. You may have to replace the tranny or the suspension soon too. Which could add up in a hurry.

If you figure its worth $3000 and you are putting in another $7000 into it you might as well sell it and spend $12,000 to buy this.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87673

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 10:03 AM
The B18C5 swap is not worth it IMO. You could swap a C1 for half that price and not be too far away from the c5's output.

Even better you could boost the stock B18A for about the same price and have alot more power and torque.

The C5 is a fantastic engine but not worth the 6K sticker price for an extra 25 ponies.

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
SEVEN GRAND for a motor swap? screw that, get a ZC or D-series and turbocharge it if you want more power. There is no point in putting in a motor that costs more then twice as much as the car in.

do you know anything about Honda's?? Why would you place a SOHC 1.6 into an Integra...

See if you can find a decently priced B20 and boost that, you can make WAY more power that way for far less money than a R Swap...or swap in a B18C1 GSR motor...for the money saved you could bring it up to Type R power specs...just will not have the bling factor the R Mill will offer you...

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
do you know anything about Honda's?? Why would you place a SOHC 1.6 into an Integra...

cheap engines for cheap cars.

Aleks
05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Mild Boost + B series = Reliable 13 second daily driver :burnout:

jumperman8
05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Mild Boost + B series = Reliable 13 second daily driver :burnout:

true that:werd:

Weapon_R
05-19-2005, 10:48 AM
:eek: 6 grand???

You could buy a b18b and turbo it for far less, and it'll be faster than the b18c5. Since its just a straight drop in, you could find a very clean b18b for 1500, and spend another 3k on a good turbo system. Not only will you have a reliable engine, it'll be far faster than the b18c5. And way, way cheaper.

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM

this is where my posts about your lack of knowledge come into play...

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
hmm... made your points i guess........ maybe i'll ride this one out till the very end and save up the money. but im just sorry that this car in its condition wont get what it deserves...
unless someone can help me out... with finding cheap stuff to make it run the way i want it to..... anyone up for the challange?

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Genjuro
hmm... made your points i guess........ maybe i'll ride this one out till the very end and save up the money. but im just sorry that this car in its condition wont get what it deserves...
unless someone can help me out... with finding cheap stuff to make it run the way i want it to..... anyone up for the challange?

I'm in the process of the same thing for my 93 LS. Any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

I spend alot of time asking questions and reading through the archives of G2IC.com. Search for Turbo guide, alot of good info for boosting the engine.

I looked into the NA route but after riding in a few boosted hondas and calculating the costs it just doesn't make sense.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 11:18 AM

this is where my posts about your lack of knowledge come into play...

okay, so let's reason through this one here: it is a <$2000 car. why would you put a $6000 motor in it? why not put in a $800 motor, and spend $1500 on turboing it, and then for $2300 you are going to have a car that is a hell of a lot faster then that same car with a motor that costs more then twice as much.
lots of people had turbocharged the SOHCs, but I guess the B-series is in vogue right now and the D-series is totally uncool, so it is dumb to save your money and go faster for less money with a D-series engine? A turbo'd B series would be a good idea, too, but it still costs more then a SOHC, the cheapest one is probably twice the cost of your average SOHC. The guy doesn't sound like he wants to go crazy with his car, so I think a 170whp-ish turbocharged D-series would work just fine.

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM

okay, so let's reason through this one here: it is a &lt;$2000 car. why would you put a $6000 motor in it? why not put in a $800 motor, and spend $1500 on turboing it, and then for $2300 you are going to have a car that is a hell of a lot faster then that same car with a motor that costs more then twice as much.
lots of people had turbocharged the SOHCs, but I guess the B-series is in vogue right now and the D-series is totally uncool, so it is dumb to save your money and go faster for less money with a D-series engine? A turbo'd B series would be a good idea, too, but it still costs more then a SOHC, the cheapest one is probably twice the cost of your average SOHC. The guy doesn't sound like he wants to go crazy with his car, so I think a 170whp-ish turbocharged D-series would work just fine.

it's not about what is hot and what is not...a SOHC even though has GREAT power potential and has been proven in both N/A et's and boosted et's and HP figures...will not put out the TQ to get a Teg rolling...its not about value, and monetary value...its about KNOWLEDGE on what motors will work with what car...

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 11:27 AM

okay, so let's reason through this one here: it is a &lt;$2000 car. why would you put a $6000 motor in it? why not put in a $800 motor, and spend $1500 on turboing it, and then for $2300 you are going to have a car that is a hell of a lot faster then that same car with a motor that costs more then twice as much.

Shit!!!

You have no clue what you are talking about do you? The gen2 Integra comes with a B18a stock. Your telling him to pull that out and replace it with a 1.6 SOHC? Custom mounts, computer, axles, tranny and all for 127hp and maybe 105 tq. Seeeing as the b18a makes 140hp and 121 tq I dont think that makes any sense.

The Integra also weighs about 200-400 more than a hatch so all the torque is needed.

No more "advice" please.

benyl
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why don't you put a Lancer motor in your Talon?

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
ok so what should i do, and where should i start? i just want power, but not go crazy with a turbo. (REMEMBER: the current engine has over 250K on it, so blowing this shit up is not an option.)

if someone can find me the parts, pricing and install cheap for this then i'll buy them a beer or something. i want this done by the end of the year, but not in the next month cause i have to make some revenue first for everything.

if its a swap for a b18C-2 with a lot less KMs, then fine, lets do it but i love torque so we have to do more (no turbo plz)...

( i'd rather have a newer engine for some stupid reason...)

"why not put in a $800 motor, and spend $1500 on turboing it, and then for $2300 you are going to have a car that is a hell of a lot faster then that same car with a motor that costs more then twice as much. "

im liking that idea..but i really dont know...

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 12:28 PM
well apparently the $800 motor doesn't fit and doesn't have enough torque (even though it has only about 16lb-ft less the one you have already). if it were up to me, I would rebuild the motor you have with forged pistons and rods and then boost it for crazy power, but I don't even know what there is in the way of B18A parts. plus, I never know what I'm talking about here even if I copy and paste out of the best men's magazine in North America or even an encyclopedia. actually, my advice would be to save your money and get a nicer car that doesn't need a motor swap to make power.

but just wait, a Honda master like EK 2.0 who has owned his car for only a few months will come in here and set you straight. in the meantime, read up on http://www.honda-tech.com/

freakin
05-19-2005, 01:25 PM
I would think that boosting your existing B18A until it blows up, then dropping in a B20 would be the way to go. I starting to wish I went with FI on my car now. The B20 has a lower compression ratio than the B18A/B, so if you're considering a turbo setup, it's a much better idea. Swapping in a B18B would be essentially putting in the exact same motor you currently have, but it'll have less KM's. Also, I'd stick with a b-series motor. It's going to make the swap much easier and you'll appreciate the torque. Nothing wrong with a d-series mill, but it doesn't seem worth the effort for next to no difference in power from what you have now.

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
where can i get that?

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 01:28 PM
where can i get that?

I think there's one in the marketplace right now...

freakin
05-19-2005, 01:29 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=86934

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by freakin
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=86934

Yeah, its a crvtec... which is even better :thumbsup: no need to boost.

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

Yeah, its a crvtec... which is even better :thumbsup: no need to boost.

Even better = maybe
Even riskier = probably

All that cash for 160whp maybe.

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 02:28 PM
thats all? 160?

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 02:31 PM
160whp is quite a bit, I think it was Aleks runs high 13s in a boosted Integra, and he dynoed in the mid-170s. considering your car probably has under 100whp right now, that is quite a jump.

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 02:33 PM
160whp is quite a bit, I think it was Aleks runs high 13s in a boosted Integra, and he dynoed in the mid-170s. considering your car probably has under 100whp right now, that is quite a jump.

Dont get me wrong 160whp is a big jump on your teg. But for 2500 it doesn't even get the engine in your car.

LS/VTEC's are hard to get running right and when they do they put out about what a GSR motor would.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Dont get me wrong 160whp is a big jump on your teg. But for 2500 it doesn't even get the engine in your car.

LS/VTEC's are hard to get running right and when they do they put out about what a GSR motor would.

that is also a good point, reading that FS thread makes me think that it needs more then just the motor, you will need to buy other things just to fit it in your car. boosting a B20 or rebuilding the motor you already have you would be a good way to go, you can do it pretty cheap if you cut some corners (get an adapter plate instead of a whole manifold, voltage clamps and cheap ECU tricks if your car needs them, use second hand DSM parts like the 14B turbo and side mount intercooler, legendboy fabricates a lot of stuff, look in his thread in Performance Modifications/Forced Induction to get an idea of how much it would cost to get everything built properly...)

Aleks
05-19-2005, 02:42 PM

When I made a 175whp I ran low 14.4. Now I am at 200whp and run in the 13s BUT and this is important. I make 190wtq and my tq curve is broad, something you will never see in an NA honda motor...

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 02:50 PM

When I made a 175whp I ran low 14.4. Now I am at 200whp and run in the 13s BUT and this is important. I make 190wtq and my tq curve is broad, something you will never see in an NA honda motor...

A big thing to consider when the LS/VTEC might make 140wtq and have a narrower powerband.

Search around G2ic to see how many LS/VTEC's run reliably. I dont want to open a can of worms but there is a definate winner in the LS/VTEC vs. LS turbo arguments.

Genjuro
05-19-2005, 02:56 PM
omg.. too many things i have to think about...

Aleks
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
It took me over a year to think about this, research read, look at graphs, videoes etc. And this was before I even had a teg. Once I decided I bought an integra specifically cuz of the motor it had and the luxury features...local support is also top notch. Anyways it's not something you should decide on quickly. Take your time...

Seanith
05-19-2005, 03:22 PM
An idea that I think was already mentioned was to boost your current motor (until it can't take it anymore) then swap it out for a newer one then use all your parts to boost that.. you never know your current engine might last a lot longer still.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
It took me over a year to think about this, research read, look at graphs, videoes etc. And this was before I even had a teg. Once I decided I bought an integra specifically cuz of the motor it had and the luxury features...local support is also top notch. Anyways it's not something you should decide on quickly. Take your time...

good point

take rides in turbocharged and all-motor cars if you can, just to compare them. there are huge differences between them, with more then just the power numbers, the delivery and behaviour of turbo cars compared to all-motor cars are completely different. people from beyond are nice, have some nice cars, you could always go to a beyond meet and see if somebody wouldn't mind taking you for a ride (don't be pushy about it, don't peel out or e-brake, or crash, or be an ass in general haha) just so you can get a feel for the different approachs you can take for building your motor. ask people questions. don't take everything you read on the internet as gospel, designing by commitee never works. you need to make your own decisions.

dj_honda
05-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey.
i'm having some problems deciding what to do..

i have a '92 Teg GS, all nearly perfect condition other than some rust near the rear tire. The car just had its birthday of 250,000 so its getting pretty damn old. i'm the third owner (some guy who only used it on the highway and took Reaally good care of it, my brother who never used it out of the city and gave it to me in awesome condition, and i, of course i take care of my baby.) Anyways, its starting to feel like its about to retire.
i wanted to put some mods into it, like engine wise, but i was told that its kinda pointless cause it has so many kms on it.
then i was brought onto a swap... the car would be like brand new if i did that right?
anyways i got a quote from STRD for $6000 for a '98 Spec B18C-R not including install. i choose this engine cause its a type R first of all and its got the HP that i want for my car, stock.

my bro bought the car off this guy for 6 grand in 2003, and i bought the car off my bro for 3 grand.... Think its worth it to spend another 7 grand on it?

another reason why i want to keep it is cause my insurance... its pretty low with this car. but as soon as i want to get a different one, i ask for a quote, and it increases nearly 200%. i Really dont want to pay 5000 per year on a car just for insurance.

Is it worth it!?

Thanks

I think you should go to JDMsource and find a lower km B18A/B and drop that in. It should be basically a direct replacement. I would change the timing belt, water pump and any other minor parts that would be worthwhile to change at the same time. I think that is your best route and it will cost you around 1000$ max.

Everybody says they want a better engine swap and a turbocharged car with forged this and that bla bla bla, but there are only a few people who actually follow through with it. Those people either have enough money to pay people to do stuff for them, or are knowledgeable enough to do it themselves and cut the costs that way. Either way its an expensive process.

Also, I think if you were to do this swap yourself (a B18A/B), as it should be pretty straight forward, you will learn a lot and later on you can apply your knowledge to maybe make your car faster or go for a more complicated swap.

If you want to keep your car, that is the best route.

Team_Mclaren
05-19-2005, 03:59 PM

but just wait, a Honda master like EK 2.0 who has owned his car for only a few months will come in here and set you straight. in the meantime, read up on http://www.honda-tech.com/

but wait... you dont even own a honda and you're trying to give him "advice"?

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

but wait... you dont even own a honda and you're trying to give him &quot;advice&quot;?

okay so let's just rewind to the middle of the thread, or even better yet lets look at this thread http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72765&highlight=so+tell+me+about+hondas
and then the few weeks I spent on honda-tech just pokin around reading stuff. So sue me, I thought a 90-93 Integra fit the same motors as an EF Civic.

EK 2.0
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM

NEVER said I was a master by any means...but you need to watch what you say and who you say it to...not only have I been in the car game for many years, I have built up many a car...

not just two...so in my efforts of learning the Honda pitfalls and greatnesses I have spent far more than "a few weeks on Honda-Tech"...I have been immersed into the Honda ways by all of my friends...I know a fair bit more than I did when I picked up my car a few months ago...so again, know what and who you are talking about before you type all right??...thanks for coming out...

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 08:01 AM

NEVER said I was a master by any means...but you need to watch what you say and who you say it to...not only have I been in the car game for many years, I have built up many a car...

not just two...so in my efforts of learning the Honda pitfalls and greatnesses I have spent far more than &quot;a few weeks on Honda-Tech&quot;...I have been immersed into the Honda ways by all of my friends...I know a fair bit more than I did when I picked up my car a few months ago...so again, know what and who you are talking about before you type all right??...thanks for coming out...

I'm talking to a guy named Arif who used to have a white Talon with a Cyclone JDM motor and was good for 13 second quarters, but had the stupidest exhaust I have heard in my life, when I saw it anyway. And then he went and sold it for a Honda Civic, of all things... I guess you enjoy going slower and spending more money on your car for lesser returns?
As for Honda pitfalls, how about torque and the need to do an engine swap to make power, and greatnesses, they make great grocery getters and first cars. plus there is like a million of them with a billion aftermarket parts so you can bolt on things like there is no tomorrow.

88CRX
05-20-2005, 10:56 AM

I'm talking to a guy named Arif who used to have a white Talon with a Cyclone JDM motor and was good for 13 second quarters, but had the stupidest exhaust I have heard in my life, when I saw it anyway. And then he went and sold it for a Honda Civic, of all things... I guess you enjoy going slower and spending more money on your car for lesser returns?
As for Honda pitfalls, how about torque and the need to do an engine swap to make power, and greatnesses, they make great grocery getters and first cars. plus there is like a million of them with a billion aftermarket parts so you can bolt on things like there is no tomorrow.

ahhhhhhhh..... must resist urge to get involved in yet another honda vs. dsm thread with you.

bah :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
ahhhhhhhh..... must resist urge to get involved in yet another honda vs. dsm thread with you.

werrd it's just NOT worth it...

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

DSM > Honda ;) ask Arif in a few months when his Civic still doesn't handle as well, look as good, or go as fast as his old Talon despite a bigger investment. and let's not forget the lack of AWD, which he seemed to love so much.
dunno about you guys but fixing cars is fun. so having a DSM is no problem for me :D even though it has only broken down once and the other time it was my own fault it didn't start.

Genjuro
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
ANYWAYS ................. back to the topic?

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 11:40 AM
whatever you do, the only way to go fast is to boost it.

QuasarCav
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM

NO

It is easier and cheaper to boost it but that is not the only way to go fast.

benyl
05-20-2005, 11:51 AM

That is a pretty ignorant comment. There are many ways to get a car to go faster. It is just a matter of how much you want to spend and what you goal is.

You could always drop a small V8 in there and go faster at the expense of handling and weight distribution. There are MANY MANY ways of going faster. You could also throw an engine in the back and drive the rear wheels (it has been done) and get the car going faster.

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

NO

It is easier and cheaper to boost it but that is not the only way to go fast.

true, but go faster you need to be boosted. all motor cars eventually encounter serious hang-ups as far as drivability goes. turbo cars do, as well, but not until you are turning higher horsepower numbers. I've seen all-motor Integras with no weight reduction run low 12s, and supposedly are streetable, but setups like that do not come cheap. you could boost it for much less money and run 12s as well.
I'm not sure if you think along the same lines as me, but my approach with my car is to maximize the bang for the buck, and "all-motor" and "bang for the buck" do not belong in the same sentence with my motor at least. people turn good numbers all-motor in Hondas... but after the initial boost in power you get with the motor swap, you have to spend more and more money on succesive mods that net you less and less power, whereas turbocharged cars can make much bigger leaps in power for the same amount of money. as such, I usually give "advice" along those lines, since saving money is a good feeling, even if it wasn't your money.

88CRX
05-20-2005, 12:01 PM

true, but go faster you need to be boosted. all motor cars eventually encounter serious hang-ups as far as drivability goes. turbo cars do, as well, but not until you are turning higher horsepower numbers. I've seen all-motor Integras with no weight reduction run low 12s, and supposedly are streetable, but setups like that do not come cheap. you could boost it for much less money and run 12s as well.
I'm not sure if you think along the same lines as me, but my approach with my car is to maximize the bang for the buck, and &quot;all-motor&quot; and &quot;bang for the buck&quot; do not belong in the same sentence with my motor at least. people turn good numbers all-motor in Hondas... but after the initial boost in power you get with the motor swap, you have to spend more and more money on succesive mods that net you less and less power, whereas turbocharged cars can make much bigger leaps in power for the same amount of money. as such, I usually give &quot;advice&quot; along those lines, since saving money is a good feeling, even if it wasn't your money.

k-series all motor own you.... just ask all the rsx guys :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
05-20-2005, 12:08 PM
DSM &gt; Honda ;) ask Arif in a few months when his Civic still doesn't handle as well, look as good, or go as fast as his old Talon despite a bigger investment. and let's not forget the lack of AWD, which he seemed to love so much.
dunno about you guys but fixing cars is fun. so having a DSM is no problem for me :D even though it has only broken down once and the other time it was my own fault it didn't start.

my Civic started off owning 1G DSM's around corners and it has a stock suspension...with the mods I have added to my Civic, I can eat up midly modded DSM's both AWD and FWD all day without worrying...I can drive my Civic 7 days a week, in any weather conditions and NOT be worried...I do enjoy turning wrenches...it's why I am a Auto Enthusiast...

You are right...I DO miss my AWD...but aside from that...I am very happy to get out of DSM's...and all my close DSM owning buddies, eiter have non-DSM daily drivers, or have gotten out of DSM's for lack of reliability in a modded car vs. even a boosted Honda...YES there are exceptions to both sides...

but I DO NOT regret selling my DSM , I DO NOT regret buying my Honda...

and as far as asthetics go...NO ONE can really be a fair judge as to what looks hawt or not...becasue that is a very subjective topic...

Now let's try to keep this thread on topic of his Integra swap and keep the DSM vs Honda debate out of it...otherwise we will be forced to close a thread that started off really well...

88CRX
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
so......

is there a da - kseries mount kit out yet? :bigpimp:

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Genjuro
05-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Darkane
05-20-2005, 02:30 PM
To original poster: Try to get your hands on a 99+ b20 motor (9.6CR) and throw that in. you can use all of your old accessories, tranny, clutch (should replace) almost everything. After that either A) low boost 6psi that motor would have about 180-200WHP and will be reliable *OR* B) buy it while its out of the car take the head off Mill it 20-30thou get the CR to 10+ get some crower 404's and tune and have a 150+whp SUPER reliable daily driver. You wont be dissapointed. yes it will be slower than turbo but its cheaper (cams+springs ~800-1k) and you will love it.

So many avenues of advance.. Just read up and soak it in then decide.. then 3 weeks later change yer mind. lol. :D

BumpinTalon
05-20-2005, 04:24 PM

finboy
05-20-2005, 08:20 PM

but had the stupidest exhaust I have heard in my life, when I saw it anyway.

WOA...WOA....WOA....WOA

you did NOT just diss side exit exhaust, i could care less about this whole dsm vs. honda thing, but what did side exit exhaust ever do to you???

Police
05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
bumpintalon why do you even try haha you should've just stopped when you got told (eg.SOHC in a TEG HAHAH). Just digging yourself a bigger hole, look back and see how stupid you sounds and to top that off you try to defend your lack of knowledge.:thumbsdow :rofl:

again who are you to compare how much more superior your car is haha its purple, FWD, and N/A (bolt-on power 4 U!).

BumpinTalon
05-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Police
bumpintalon why do you even try haha you should've just stopped when you got told (eg.SOHC in a TEG HAHAH). Just digging yourself a bigger hole, look back and see how stupid you sounds and to top that off you try to defend your lack of knowledge.:thumbsdow :rofl:

again who are you to compare how much more superior your car is haha its purple, FWD, and N/A (bolt-on power 4 U!).

lack of knowledge? you have never contributed anything to any thread I have ever read, so I think the pot just called the kettle black. Check out the ICE section before you say I don't know shit.

To point out my car is purple - if I really wanted someone else to tell me my car is purple, I'd ask Captain Obvious and the Protectors of the Very Well Known. your car is also FWD, and it might be turbo, but is also a rusty beater and you are too ashamed of it to even post pics here.

as for tuning Hondas, I lost even more respect for these guys when I saw that JDM red Civic with gold Volks that I thought was fast (on this forum) run an 18.08 (getting smoked by Sunfires and Cavaliers by over a second in some cases), and when a certain guy who may have the first post on the second page of this thread can't even keep his license up to date to pass tech. Not to mention all the Civics, Preludes and Integras there with extensive cosmetic mods that had trouble managing 17s and 16s.

88CRX
05-21-2005, 01:45 AM
as for tuning Hondas, I lost even more respect for these guys when I saw that JDM red Civic with gold Volks that I thought was fast (on this forum) run an 18.08 (getting smoked by Sunfires and Cavaliers by over a second in some cases), and when a certain guy who may have the first post on the second page of this thread can't even keep his license up to date to pass tech. Not to mention all the Civics, Preludes and Integras there with extensive cosmetic mods that had trouble managing 17s and 16s.

why dont you just stop getting involved in all honda discussions.... we all know you hate them so just stop, your wasting bandwidth :thumbsdow

Imagination
05-21-2005, 02:17 AM
there are MANY boosted and NA lsvtec, crvtec's that are under 10's so there's your proof that these motors can make power. endyn's NA crvtec is running on a b20 crank making 300hp and reving up to 10,000rpm.

Team_Mclaren
05-21-2005, 03:41 AM

... so let's see.. the enzo is NA.. so is the f1... hmm, they must be slow..:rofl:

Seanith
05-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

... so let's see.. the enzo is NA.. so is the f1... hmm, they must be slow..:rofl:

I think he was referring to the original posters car Vince heh :poosie:

PorknBeans
05-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

I think he was referring to the original posters car Vince heh :poosie:
:werd:

Genjuro
05-21-2005, 10:58 AM
:banghead:

Team_Mclaren
05-21-2005, 11:19 AM
oh..:angel: haha, either way... this thing is going no where.....

zhulander
05-21-2005, 12:06 PM

lack of knowledge? you have never contributed anything to any thread I have ever read, so I think the pot just called the kettle black. Check out the ICE section before you say I don't know shit.

Last time I checked ICE doesn't make your car go faster :rofl:

You keep tabs on what all the Hondas run but what do you run? I'm curious to what this beast of a talon can run, 16s-17s?

DSM &gt; Honda ;) ask Arif in a few months when his Civic still doesn't handle as well, look as good, or go as fast as his old Talon despite a bigger investment. and let's not forget the lack of AWD, which he seemed to love so much.

I don't get why you would make a Honda track car when you could dump the money into an almighty DSM to make it handle better, go faster, less investment, AWD. :rolleyes:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72765&highlight=so+tell+me+about+hondas

Police
05-21-2005, 07:09 PM

To point out my car is purple - if I really wanted someone else to tell me my car is purple, I'd ask Captain Obvious and the Protectors of the Very Well Known. your car is also FWD, and it might be turbo, but is also a rusty beater and you are too ashamed of it to even post pics here.

Just because you've never read anything that had to do with my contrubution means i don't contribute to anythreads whatsoever? Sorry drama queen but the world does not revolve around YOU and your Car(gay purple).

So uhh do you go on Honda-Tech to look cool or what haha, hey look at me i'll go on Honda-Tech so i can fit in HAHAH:thumbsdow

Honstly you're so stubborn and ignorant you would see one bad apple and judge the whole basket. You drive a purple Talon:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes you still lack knowledge, that stupid reply did not change anything. :zzz:

BumpinTalon
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
man you are just gay. like seriously, do you not get I don't care that my car is purple? I went on Honda-tech because I thought it would make sense to make a Honda track car since aftermarket parts are so cheap, and to see what people had to say about motor work and handling and all that. plus I drove my buddy's Honda around for a bit and didn't like the steering, brakes or balance, and that is what cemeted my opinion of Hondas as "econoboxes." in the end, I decided if I was going to do something like that I might as well start with a FC3S or a 180SX, ie. a sporty car that comes with a turbo and is not designed to be a reliable daily transport for people too poor to afford Accords.

Police
05-21-2005, 10:23 PM
OMG you seriously think the 180SX is like a Ferarri that costs $300 for an oil change HAHAHAHAHHA. Sure your talon isn't as reliable as almost any cars compared to it but i'm pretty damn sure when Nissan designed their cars they had RELIABILITY in mind you drunk fool.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: bumpintalon just announced that RX-7's and 180sx, 240sx, silvias etc are NOT DAILY DRIVERS so all you boys and girls out there with sr20, ca18's etc be warned that those engines and cars thats were just listed are not reliable, drive it the least you can because they were not designed to be driven everyday!...RIIIIIIGHT LOL, get your head out of your ass(dsm) :thumbsdow

Now i'm gay because you drive a purple car? HAHAHA :rofl: :D

BumpinTalon
05-21-2005, 10:27 PM
OMG you seriously think the 180SX is like a Ferarri that costs $300 for an oil change HAHAHAHAHHA. Sure your talon isn't as reliable as almost any cars compared to it but i'm pretty damn sure when Nissan designed their cars they had RELIABILITY in mind you drunk fool.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: bumpintalon just announced that RX-7's and 180sx, 240sx, silvias etc are NOT DAILY DRIVERS so all you boys and girls out there with sr20, ca18's etc be warned that those engines and cars are not reliable...RIIIIIIGHT :thumbsdow

Now i'm gay because you drive a purple car? HAHAHA :rofl: :D

please learn the english language
"ie. a sporty car with a turbo (FC3S and 180SX) that is not designed to be reliable daily transport for people too poor to afford Accords (Civic)"
and shut the hell up, you are a rampant dumbass.

Police
05-21-2005, 10:29 PM
aww why are you getting so mad??? did i hurt your feelings?:confused:

Police
05-21-2005, 10:35 PM
See you don't get my point here you obviously think; turbo equipped=NOT BUILT FOR RELIABILITY AT ALL. Ohh wait you said a sporty car with turbo=not reliable? hmm i know lots of guys that have sr20's as daily drivers and i'm damn sure Nissan had reliability in mind, give me a good reason why you think they didn't build it as a "reliable daily transport"? Just because you don't THINK it was doesn't mean shit. Does that not sound so much like my previous post? A 180sx, silvia, turbo miata, WRX etc are all 'sporty' and can be as reliable as your avarage sedan.:drama:

BumpinTalon
05-22-2005, 12:43 AM
if you are just going to ignore parts of the sentences I say then how about this:

OMG i'm gay :D
those words were typed by you so there is no disputing them now, is there?