PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Gifts

bol
01-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Just wondering what sort of gifts people got when they bought their cars from dealerships...

I ask because today Charlesglen Toyota sent me four nice tumblers and all I bought from them was a $5000 used truck. I paid 10x that at Calgary BMW for a new BMW and I got shit all!

I think it's pretty funny actually, but very much appretiated that is!

G
01-13-2003, 06:12 PM
I got Chocolates from T and T Honda when I got my Prelude. I got shit all from Infiniti although the sales guy did pay for my 3M tape.

FiveFreshFish
01-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Charlesgen Toyota (MR-2) - Champagne & two champagne glasses. I think there were flowers in a vase and chocolates too.

Calgary BMW (M3) - Thank-you card.

Southcentre Fine Cars (S4) - Hardcover book from Audi, keychain flashlight and snow tires/rims from dealer. (Not sure if the latter counts as a gift or as throw-in with the car.)

ExitSpeed
01-13-2003, 06:26 PM

buh_buh
01-13-2003, 06:44 PM
I just got a box of cookies from T&T for 1 year anniversary of buying my car haha.

girlRACER
01-13-2003, 07:10 PM
My mom got free car mats, and a steel desk set with the Mercedes logo.

I got a pair of steel chopsticks in this huge wooden box with the Mercedes emblem on them. yay :clap: not :thumbsdow

And I got nothing from Infiniti except when I complained to them about the service and told them I was never servicing my car ever again at the dealership. Then they sent me a huge bouquet of flowers with an apology. However, I still never went back.

GTS Jeff
01-13-2003, 07:13 PM
heh my parents get tons of shit all the time...

i steal some of it..

nissan keychain, nissan backpack, nissan coffee mug, nissan flashlight, nissan portable radio, toyota led keychai.....i dunno lots of shiet.

D'z Nutz
01-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I didn't purchase the car there, but when I had my car serviced at Calgary BMW, I asked for a license plate frame cause the old one was getting rusted out. I got to watch the fat fuck service guy run to get it. That in itself was kinda a treat! :rofl: He was probably eating all the chocolates T&T Honda was giving out! Hahaha! I think he came back sweating maple syrup! Hahaha!

Tuner1
01-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Calgary BMW (M3) - Thank-you card.

Hey FiveFreshFish, what year M3 did you have before the S4?

Looks like I need to buy a new car so I can get some free stuff :D

Rob

Hakkola
01-13-2003, 07:42 PM
I'd tap that fat bastard 2 times!!!!, maple syrup is expensive. (pun intended, I'm an idiot today!)

FiveFreshFish
01-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Hey FiveFreshFish, what year M3 did you have before the S4?

Looks like I need to buy a new car so I can get some free stuff :D

Rob

Hey Rob, it was a red '91. Thomas K. bought it off me over the summer when it just rolled over 20,000 km. I hope he can find more time to drive it than I did!

Hakkola
01-13-2003, 07:53 PM
DUDE NO!!!!!!!!

Those things are so damn hard to find. I saw an old lady driving one at safeway a couple weeks ago... ughh, I need to find one. One of my favorite cars EVER!

FiveFreshFish
01-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
DUDE NO!!!!!!!!

Those things are so damn hard to find. I saw an old lady driving one at safeway a couple weeks ago... ughh, I need to find one. One of my favorite cars EVER!

Yeah, I'll probably regret selling it someday. I wanted to stay with BMW and considered a new M5 but couldn't justify or afford $102k for a new one. :eek:

Original, unmodded is the way to go if you're looking for an E30 M3! :thumbsup:

Hakkola
01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
LOL, seriously I'd take pretty much any E30 M3 I could find.

EnRich
01-13-2003, 08:57 PM
I bought a Honda Prelude 2001 in 2001 HONDA WEST = GOT A THANKS YOU LETTER
I bought a Honda Accord 2002 in 2002 T&T HONDA = GOT NOTHING...
I dunno bout the rest of you guys but this has to be said... T&T is by far the worst dealership I've ever experianced... I've had nothing but probs... First off when I bought my Accord I got a set of 17" wheels for it from there Part source section... The tread was bad and it kept pulling to the right... It took them a full day to get some Kumbo tires to replace the bad ones... I had nothing better to do cause they wouldnt give me another car so I went and watched 2 movies at the Visions accross the street... I watched 2 movies with a friend in one of their rooms... To top it off I had order SILVER interiors for the 17s and they shipped REDS on a black Accord... IT TOOK THEM almost 4 months to get me the silver interiours and then tried to talk me into keeping the red ones for $15 a piece x4....I had a spring problem where the front springs weren't sitting properly and it took them 1 month to get my car in... When I got there for my appointment they didnt have a car for me so I spent like 1 hour in their show room till they got me one... That really really pissed me off esp since I had to goto work... Now on my drivers side door I can hear something rumble when I shake the door... Something on the interior must have gotten lose and fallen... I dont even wanna call them anymore... But its under warrenty so I'll get it fixed by April... I WILL NEVER EVER BUY from T&T HONDA.... On the brighter side Honda West was excellent with everything on the Prelude... The only problem I had with Honda West was at the service desk... I'm the type of guy that likes to joke around and maybe score some free things... The Fat bitch at the counter didnt find any of my jokes funny when I told her... WITH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE, "So you guys are washing it for me too right?" when I took it in for my oil changes... She was actually quite rude when she replied... Its $30 bucks or whatever to get it cleaned... I told her that I can do it myself for 4 bucks down the street at the coin wash... Shes like "then go there" and walks away... I found that rude... That brings me to another point... When you buy a new car Honda West gave me 5 FREE oil changes where as T&T gave me nothing... If my friend didnt work at T&T I woulda never gone there... Anyways... Thats my story... I do love my Accord though...

RICH

turboMiata
01-13-2003, 09:00 PM

Southcentre Fine Cars (S4) - Hardcover book from Audi, keychain flashlight and snow tires/rims from dealer. (Not sure if the latter counts as a gift or as throw-in with the car.)

You actually got something from those guys? Man, when I bought my S4, I got a BIG FAT FUCK-ALL. Who were you dealing with?

Nix87
01-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Recieved a thank you card from Shaganappi Chevrolet and a christmas card .. pretty good dealership..

Nick

Davan
01-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I got a glass jar full of candy from Murray's Chev in Lethbridge.

Stratus_Power
01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
nothing from Jack Carter and some place in High River

CRXguy
01-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Got a Christmas card from the salesman, and a ski pass from the dealer when I bought the WRX.

Tuner1
01-13-2003, 10:18 PM

Hey Rob, it was a red '91. Thomas K. bought it off me over the summer when it just rolled over 20,000 km. I hope he can find more time to drive it than I did!

Sorry to get a bit OT! A ha, I know the car well! I have seen it many times and sold Thomas some wheels and brakes for it. What a perfect E30 M3!

Rob

SpoonEK9@STRD
01-13-2003, 10:29 PM
bought my car years ago and nissan still sending me free ski trips/offroad adventures....

Got lifetime oil/filter change ... always include lubricating hinges/antanas....vacuum and carwash.... free stuff is great...

Brasso nissan is decent, but never ever get them to fix any problems on your car... there mechanics suck nuts and can never fix or diagnose any problems the first time.... gay homos

GingeRRRBeef
01-13-2003, 10:41 PM
I got lifetime oil change and 3 window tint from Sunridge Nissan

missblondie
01-13-2003, 10:42 PM
I got two dents in my fender when they did my first oil change (Northwest Acura) from leaning on the hood. I am not sure if I should consider that a gift? And I got a leather day time organizer and a coffee mug.

5gluder
01-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
I bought a Honda Prelude 2001 in 2001 HONDA WEST = GOT A THANKS YOU LETTER
I bought a Honda Accord 2002 in 2002 T&T HONDA = GOT NOTHING...
RICH

Why don't you get you car serviced at Honda West? you can get your car serviced at any Honda dealership. I bought my car at High River Honda and it's serviced at Calgary Honda.

BTW, I got a tin of cookies from High River Honda. I did however get free mats, hood deflector, sunroof deflector, tape player, keyless entry, and 5 years of free oil changes, when i bought my car :D

FiveFreshFish
01-14-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata

You actually got something from those guys? Man, when I bought my S4, I got a BIG FAT FUCK-ALL. Who were you dealing with?

Man, they should have given you something... anything like a keychain, coffee mug set, etc. Even if the gift is totally useless, at least it's the gesture that counts. The hardcover book was sent to me by Audi USA (came from Michigan), but months and months after I bought the car.

I was dealing with Marty, but the second time I came down with a buddy who used to work there. Doug (one of the owners) saw us and started shooting the shit with my buddy. Then Doug offers me the car for a few hundred below base MSRP, but threw in all options, freight/PDI, and snow tires/rims for nothing. I figured that was probably as good as I could get, so I agreed and Doug gave Marty the okay to write up the deal.

That was late in the model year (2001) and there were still 3 S4's left. One Nogaro demo, a Cactus with a dead battery sitting in the back, and my virgin Santorin still with its white shipping stuff on the paint. They had to make room for the new B6 A4's.

4wheeldrift
01-14-2003, 07:55 AM
I only got keychains and stuff from subaru of calgary, but to this day they call on a fairly regular basis to make sure the car is running ok and suchlike. Although they are probably just trying to entice me into buying a WRX, the thought is appreciated :D

szw
01-14-2003, 10:20 AM
I never got offered free stuff...but I asked for stuff! I got wheel locks, back 3 tint, steel wheels, and some nissan posters.

i want moreeeeeee!!!

kevie88
01-14-2003, 10:41 AM
A swift kick in the nuts with a frozen boot. Oh wait, I've never bought a car from a dealership.

buh_buh
01-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
A swift kick in the nuts with a frozen boot. Oh wait, I've never bought a car from a dealership.
oh man I love those.
lucky bastard! haha.

Hey 5gluder, does Calgary Honda do good service or do they jack you? Cuz T&T is just too far from my house.

5gluder
01-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

oh man I love those.
lucky bastard! haha.

Hey 5gluder, does Calgary Honda do good service or do they jack you? Cuz T&T is just too far from my house.

Well the work they do is pretty good, type 2 tune-up is $300. I also got my front lip painted by them for $100. The only downside is latley i've been having problems with my sunroof ticking. I took it to them twice and they still never fixed it :banghead: , i even gave them to TSB# and procedure on how to fix it. I'll have to fix it myself when it warm up.

350hp_or_Bust
01-14-2003, 11:19 AM
I got free lifetime oil change and a free trailer hitch

turboMiata
01-14-2003, 11:40 AM
That sounds like an awesome deal. They must really want to get rid of the car. We just bought a B6 avant and Marty won't even absorb the labour to swap the summer tires out for the winter ones.

The service department seems to try harder though.

Man, they should have given you something... anything like a keychain, coffee mug set, etc. Even if the gift is totally useless, at least it's the gesture that counts. The hardcover book was sent to me by Audi USA (came from Michigan), but months and months after I bought the car.

I was dealing with Marty, but the second time I came down with a buddy who used to work there. Doug (one of the owners) saw us and started shooting the shit with my buddy. Then Doug offers me the car for a few hundred below base MSRP, but threw in all options, freight/PDI, and snow tires/rims for nothing. I figured that was probably as good as I could get, so I agreed and Doug gave Marty the okay to write up the deal.

That was late in the model year (2001) and there were still 3 S4's left. One Nogaro demo, a Cactus with a dead battery sitting in the back, and my virgin Santorin still with its white shipping stuff on the paint. They had to make room for the new B6 A4's.

Stratus_Power
01-14-2003, 11:54 AM
when you guys go buy your cars from a dealership, do you try to get them to lower the price or throw in free stuff? how much do you push them if u do

turboMiata
01-14-2003, 11:59 AM
You push them to the max and don't back down. Because if you do, they'll walk all over you. The worst dealer here is the Audi dealer simply because they don't have any other competition. The next nearest Audi dealership is in Edmonton and they monopolize their market as well.

It's easier to negotiate if they already have the car in the lot. If you are ordering a new one, it's harder.

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
when you guys go buy your cars from a dealership, do you try to get them to lower the price or throw in free stuff? how much do you push them if u do

Mr. Grinch
01-15-2003, 10:20 PM
95 Accord EX Wagon, from Crowfoot Village Honda
- Prolock engine imobilizer
- First 4 years free oil changes
- Great service to date. Sure, I guess that should be expected from any dealer, but I consider it a bonus these days.

2002 BMW M3
- 2 candles
- full tank of gas
- I requested M3 logo floor mats. When I showed up, the car only had regular 3 series mats... the dealer called them "M3 mats". The car was also missing the 6 cd changer I'd paid full price for... took 5 months to get that resolved. Long story.

I had a terrible experience at T&T as well... bait and switch. Used accord, 25,000 km, asking $20,000 on the phone. When I showed up, the "stealer" was telling me they had to charge full new price, $28,000.

I ended up getting my current wagon at Crowfoot instead. It had 9000 km on it, mags, in-dash CD, and was in better shape, for $24,000.

mrmattyk
01-15-2003, 10:23 PM
My friend got a stuffed monkey and some balloons when he bought his Imprezza 2.5 RS.

4wheeldrift
01-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
My friend got a stuffed monkey and some balloons when he bought his Imprezza 2.5 RS. Damnit, I didn't get a monkey :banghead: Shafted!

G
01-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx
I got two dents in my fender when they did my first oil change (Northwest Acura) from leaning on the hood. I am not sure if I should consider that a gift? And I got a leather day time organizer and a coffee mug.

Northwest Acura is the worst dealer in Calgary. My friend was having problems and was calling them almost everyday. One day he calls and the guy on the other end thinking that he put him on hold said "I don't want to deal with this asshole again"

Ajay
01-16-2003, 05:49 PM
I got absolutely nothing from Honda West when I bought my hatch from them in summertime.

Only thing I got was a handshake and a congratulations from the salesperson that sold me my car. He was a cool guy so it was all good!

I haven't taken my car back to Honda West though for any service or anything cause it's just too far from my place....Crowfoot Honda baby!