PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Honda Accord EX auto - Sport Shift light flashing?

gaijin
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have the car manual, and the Haynes manual doesn't have the info (or I just can't find it, which is possible).

The "S" light (beneath the temp gauge), which stands for Sport Shifting (an automatic transmission feature) starts flashing sometimes, usually after I've been driving for awhile.

What does it indicate?

frozenrice
05-19-2005, 08:19 PM
The same year Integras have the "Sport" mode auto trannies as well. Since Integras are made by Honda, I am assuming (don't know absolutely for sure) that the codes are the same.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/S3.jpg

HTH

3G
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
i had that problem in my old accord, do you notice it loses power when it does that?

gaijin
05-19-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks frozenrice, that helps!

3G: not noticably, but then, it's pretty sketchy on the shifting already.

will have to take it to a garage and get the transmission and sensors looked at, I suppose. the speedo's been intermittently going off as well, so a loose connection might also be an issue.

any particularly recommended Honda garages?

3G
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
It might be the speed sensor, that's what I was told, I didn't look into it I just returned the car to the guy I bought it off. Let me know what it's from

frozenrice
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't know any independant garages that specialize in Hondas, but if you don't mind stealerships try Calgary Honda. I used to take my Teg there and never had any problems. I know some people wouldn't recommend them based on their own personal experiences but it's a matter of perspective (sometimes what goes around comes around too if you know what I mean). Good luck.