PDA

View Full Version : Who pays on a first date??

69cougar
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Anyone here ever thought about trying this out?? I would love to see the looks on her face!!

http://www.gawker.com/news/culture/cheap-date-takes-on-whole-new-meaning-at-midtown-hotel-bar-104144.php

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Rofl, what a bastard. :D I always pay.

BokCh0y
05-19-2005, 11:58 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: same here, i always pay.

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
me too:( lol

abyss
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
That's pretty harsh. I used to offer to pay at least my half, sometimes the whole thing, but luckily I found a gentleman who always pays whenever we go out. Don't think I'm a golddigger though, I get stuck with all the bills for the house! LOL.

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
... My girlfriend is 12830128302x richer than me and I'm always the one paying.

Speed_69
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
:rofl: that story is funny! haha

mdeleon
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
haha sounds like a good joke to play one time in your life...haha

/////AMG
05-19-2005, 12:25 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Can't blame the guy can you. Shit $14,000 in dates alone!!

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
... My girlfriend is 12830128302x richer than me and I'm always the one paying.

yeah same here

Despair*
05-19-2005, 01:06 PM
hahah, awesome find. Definately an enjoyable read :D

tapout
05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
true :bigpimp: :rofl:

bspot
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by abyss
That's pretty harsh. I used to offer to pay at least my half, sometimes the whole thing, but luckily I found a gentleman who always pays whenever we go out. Don't think I'm a golddigger though, I get stuck with all the bills for the house! LOL.

Its still rude to never pay in my opinion.

If a girl hasn't offered to pay at all after the first couple dates (I'll often still pay even if she offers) then she's to the curb.

abyss
05-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Its still rude to never pay in my opinion.

If a girl hasn't offered to pay at all after the first couple dates (I'll often still pay even if she offers) then she's to the curb.

Are you implying I'm rude because instead of paying for the occasional dinner I pay all of our household expenses? I think that's a little odd.....so it would be a lot better if I stuck Hampstor with all the utilities if I paid for pizza one month...:nut:

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
50/50 all the time.

Equal rights, equal pay

heavyD
05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
How does it work with gays & lezbos? Who opens the car door, pays for the meals, etc? Someone PM cavb0i and find out what the "gentlemenly thing to do" is for gays.

Carfanman
05-19-2005, 02:57 PM
If your going to do that, you should let her know. Of course, once it would be nice to do that and see the look on her face.

HAHA WTF?
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141989
Some dude tells you not to pay for dates also

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
How does it work with gays & lezbos? Who opens the car door, pays for the meals, etc? Someone PM cavb0i and find out what the "gentlemenly thing to do" is for gays.

I find that in most lesbian couples there is an obivous "male" in the relationship. Usually the one with the shorter mullet.

Not sure about the gays though.

heavyD
05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Usually the one with the shorter mullet.

Or the one with the flat-top military style do.

bspot
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by abyss

Are you implying I'm rude because instead of paying for the occasional dinner I pay all of our household expenses? I think that's a little odd.....so it would be a lot better if I stuck Hampstor with all the utilities if I paid for pizza one month...:nut:

Well what I was said was based off the assumption that he paid for everything while you were still dating and not living together. No way would I argue that your current arrangement is unfair, but if it was me and I had to pay for everything for the first few months... SEE YAH!

GTS Jeff
05-19-2005, 08:06 PM

I find that in most lesbian couples there is an obivous "male" in the relationship. Usually the one with the shorter mullet.

:werd: Lesbians are such a hypocritical bunch. They claim to be attracted to only women, yet there's almost always a pseudo-man in every lesbian couple.

...well I guess the pseudo-man, or butch, isn't really so hypocritical cuz she actually does like women. But is she really a lesbian since she is so manly to begin with?

Carfanman
05-19-2005, 08:12 PM
^i've thought the same thing

JeremyD
05-20-2005, 12:38 PM
That article is awesome.

no_joke
05-20-2005, 08:24 PM
That was a bit mean-spirited but she must've had it coming.

finboy
05-20-2005, 08:27 PM
i always pay

shakalaka
05-20-2005, 08:40 PM
hahahha
OMG! This guy is fucking hilarious!!!!

"I haven’t heard from her again. Too bad, she was pretty cute too :("!!! hahah I wonder why!

AllGoNoShow
05-20-2005, 09:18 PM
BAHAHAHA.

Yah I paid first date, but now I have to fight for it? Kinda wierd, I should probably just let her pay but she always asks for seperate bills and such and I always take her reciept when she aint looking and go and pay for it :D Then she wonders why the waitress says shes already paid for and looks at me and of course I can't contain myself but yah. Good to know she wants to pay, but be the man and pay yourself.

If your idea of finding the perfect chick is going on a date the first thing, then go ahead, but there are other, free ways, of eliminating chicks.

AllGoNoShow
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
hahahha
OMG! This guy is fucking hilarious!!!!

"I haven’t heard from her again. Too bad, she was pretty cute too :("!!! hahah I wonder why!
Probably still locked up :D

shakalaka
05-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

Probably still locked up :D

hahahha I agree!
Or busy washing dishes for them day and night!:rofl:

AllGoNoShow
05-20-2005, 10:07 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Seanith
05-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Serves her right. She not only chooses a really expensive place to go when he wanted a pub, but she hits up a $250 bottle of scotch whiskey like its going out of style..

GQBalla
05-20-2005, 10:56 PM
lol i alway pay for everything!!! no matter what...no matter how much she trys to offer to pay or forces me to give her the bill! i always pay cause i think its right!

Seanith
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Would you have paid a chicks $300 bill though?

lam-boy
05-20-2005, 11:22 PM
you'll know if the girl is good when she offers to pay for the first one.
(I will pay for the first, and then she cna pay for the next)
i don't give a fuck what you guys think haha. I don't have to pay for the woman everytime. fuck that shit. too much pride with hving "I pay for every date"
i don't care if my wife pays for the bills later on in life. don't give two rats if people think im a bad husband or a boyfriend because i don't pay. hell im sure ill be paying 50% of the bills.

i dont like it when a guy gets all up in my face because i say i won't pay for all the dates. well hey man if you wanna pay for everything then go for it. not me.

TheBenzo
05-23-2005, 05:14 PM
That is the best read EVER. Classless whores... That is hilarious.

GQBalla
05-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
Would you have paid a chicks $300 bill though?

well what kind of girl would go out on first date and do that??? nothing but a skandolous whore...so for 300 bucks you better get something!;)

Carfanman
05-23-2005, 06:14 PM
^^That should only cost $100

method
05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
50/50 all the time.

Equal rights, equal pay :werd:

people that bitch about not paying for women to eat are just perpetuating stereotypes and sexism.

GQBalla
05-23-2005, 06:42 PM
we are equal except be courteous and pay.

GTS Jeff
05-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by method
:werd:

people that bitch about not paying for women to eat are just perpetuating stereotypes and sexism. There's a fine line between chivalry and sexism. I suppose you are against holding doors for your date too? What I'm saying is, a dude paying for the first date doesn't necessarily denigrate women's equality in society, it can be intended to show respect and gratitude for the date, much as you would buy a friend beer for helping you move or something.

I personally prefer to pay for the first date to express gratitude, but moving forward to later dates I do expect there to be some equality in paying the bills, like switching back and forth. No bill splitting though, that's just ghetto.

cycosis
05-23-2005, 06:53 PM
hahaha Pw3nD!!!!!!!!!!!:D id never pay that much

method
05-23-2005, 11:27 PM
there's also a difference between holding the door for someone and paying money for something that you've both agreed to.

I hold the door open for anyone, but I'm also a tightass when it comes to money.

if I offer take a girl out somewhere, then I'll pay... but if we both just agree to go out for dinner, it's getting split 50/50

Weapon_R
05-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
There's a fine line between chivalry and sexism. I suppose you are against holding doors for your date too? What I'm saying is, a dude paying for the first date doesn't necessarily denigrate women's equality in society, it can be intended to show respect and gratitude for the date, much as you would buy a friend beer for helping you move or something.

Everyone draws that fine line differently. Personally, if a girl views a guy in the traditional role (paying all the bills, working while she stays at home) but decides to exercise her "equality" when its a matter of convenience, the lines of sexism and chivalry become completely convoluted.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
No bill splitting though, that's just ghetto.

:werd: Very ghetto indeed. If you and a person are under this type of arrangement, alternating is a much preferable alternative.

Super_Geo
05-24-2005, 01:24 AM
If you invite a girl out for dinner, then it's your responsibility to pay for 100% of the bill if she doesn't offer (and probably even if she does offer). After all, you invited her with the endgame goal of fucking her, and for all you know she might not really want to be there and was just too polite to say no. Also, it's usually the guy that chooses the place, and he can very easily choose somewhere that's outside of what the girl's comfortable with paying. 1st dates (assuming the guy made the invite) are a guy's job. Just do it, don't question it, and hope the pussy's worth it.

If you're in a relationship and you are still paying 100% of the tabs 100% of the time, then stop being so god damn whipped! What, is she stuck in her castle tower and you need to ride in on your noble steed to saver her? Please. As soon as I hit the relationship stage, it's 50/50 or alternating meals/bar-tabs. And unless you're still in high school and dating some 16 year old living off of daddy's money, realize that most girls in their 20s have just as much or more expendible income as you do... you don't need to play Knight in Shining Armor when the tab shows up.

GTS Jeff
05-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Everyone draws that fine line differently. Personally, if a girl views a guy in the traditional role (paying all the bills, working while she stays at home) but decides to exercise her "equality" when its a matter of convenience, the lines of sexism and chivalry become completely convoluted. I stay away from those types. :D

Gondi Stylez
05-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
If you invite a girl out for dinner, then it's your responsibility to pay for 100% of the bill if she doesn't offer (and probably even if she does offer). After all, you invited her with the endgame goal of fucking her, and for all you know she might not really want to be there and was just too polite to say no. Also, it's usually the guy that chooses the place, and he can very easily choose somewhere that's outside of what the girl's comfortable with paying. 1st dates (assuming the guy made the invite) are a guy's job. Just do it, don't question it, and hope the pussy's worth it.

If you're in a relationship and you are still paying 100% of the tabs 100% of the time, then stop being so god damn whipped! What, is she stuck in her castle tower and you need to ride in on your noble steed to saver her? Please. As soon as I hit the relationship stage, it's 50/50 or alternating meals/bar-tabs. And unless you're still in high school and dating some 16 year old living off of daddy's money, realize that most girls in their 20s have just as much or more expendible income as you do... you don't need to play Knight in Shining Armor when the tab shows up.

:werd: and :werd:

for me and my GF we alternate on whos paying so it makes it fair. Sometimes I do pay for more then my GF but that doesnt happen without a fight. She will argue about taking the tab and i think that shows shes not stuck up, money hungry, w/e. Although, there have been times when I have been completely out of cash and she has picked up the tabs, lend $$ etc, without even questioning beyond "what is it for"? and "how much"? I think a girl offering to pay from day 1 is important.

canuckmuscle
05-25-2005, 01:52 AM
date a theif. noone pays then

dgmartinez
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Haha, I laugh at the mangina's here that think paying for all the dates is a gentlemanly thing to do. :rofl:

It seems that they have to learn the hard way from experience that alot of women out there will take you for a ride, BECAUSE you are a gentlemen. They know that you will pay and not stand up and be a REAL man, they know that they will wag ass in your face and steal your wallet with the hand that is not phoning the FB/girfriend.

It makes me laugh simply because to me whoever asks the other person out or it is explicitly decided to go dutch that the person who does the invite pay for the drinks and food.

Here is something you dumb mangina's can try, if you do meet a girl and ask for a date, yes it is right you should pay because YOU asked, next date, let her ask and decide. If she does not decide or ask, you know she will use you. It is simple, when the man has to do all the work, you allow yourself to be led.

IT IS A TWO WAY STREET.

For christ sakes, you have two hands, it is not like a pussy is lined with gold, your not gonna see heaven there, in fact you'll be luck if you get to cop a feel. (most times it depends on how much you spend.)

Try to get some balls before some women or girl mounts them on the mantle peice.

AllGoNoShow
05-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Or just save both your cash and find other ways to eliminate a chick so you dont suck up the bill for everyones first date. Hell I paid for first date and its now almost 5 months, split the bills wheevr, I dont keep track but I dont pay for them all either so it doesnt bug me, if I had 3 chicks I paid first date for all over $50 Id be trippin but hell, eliminate the bad ones and keep the good ONE.

Carfanman
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
If you think about it, since you dont pay when you go somewhere with you buddies, even if you invited them, if you dont pay with the chik, then it will show her you dont think shes super special, and she'll either respect you for it, be shocked that you arent completely falling for her like all the other guys and she'll try harder to impress you, or.... wait, I forgot the third option, but what ever. You shouldn't have to pay to get some, thats what street corners are for.

AllGoNoShow
05-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Dude have you even ever taking a chick out for dinner?

GorG
05-25-2005, 09:16 PM
BAHAHAHAHA that man is my hero, i can understand were he's coming from though i used to pay all my first dates aswell and by the end of the year i figured out that i had spent 5 grand or so on girls insane, pretty much no matter what i pay 50 50 now unless its a serious relationship then it can go either way

Carfanman
05-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Dude have you even ever taking a chick out for dinner?

My point is that you shouldnt have to pay for sex, and lots of chicks will think bad of someone who kisses their ass and spends a ton of money on them just to get in their pants.

lastprodigy
05-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman

My point is that you shouldnt have to pay for sex, and lots of chicks will think bad of someone who kisses their ass and spends a ton of money on them just to get in their pants.

but your answer to his question is no

AllGoNoShow
05-25-2005, 11:43 PM

Not all guys pay for dinners looking for sex... I don't, I pay out of generosity and being the man in her life that makes things easier. Guys also think its bad when chicks make them pay for every penny then ditch them after the date and make them waste thier money.

Impreza
05-25-2005, 11:52 PM

Everyone draws that fine line differently. Personally, if a girl views a guy in the traditional role (paying all the bills, working while she stays at home) but decides to exercise her "equality" when its a matter of convenience, the lines of sexism and chivalry become completely convoluted.

That was gold! So true for so many women out there! They expect equality but when it comes to money, they expect the male to pay... :bullshit: :thumbsdow

Weapon_R
05-26-2005, 12:06 AM

Guys also think its bad when chicks make them pay for every penny then ditch them after the date and make them waste thier money.

:rofl: don't you think its bad when a girl makes you take her out and then ditches you?

Nissanaddict
05-26-2005, 12:17 AM
"Try to get some balls before some women or girl mounts them on the mantle peice."

Hey hey....ssh.....let them figure it out on their own. Don't give it away.

AllGoNoShow
05-26-2005, 12:21 AM

:rofl: don't you think its bad when a girl makes you take her out and then ditches you?

I used too, luckly I've found a lady I plan on staying with now that doesn't do that, unlike that last bitch u might have seen in the car when u bougth that phone, fuck dont even let me get started with her.

Oh wait is this in Ask leo? I should probably tone it down a little if it is :D

JordanLotoski
05-26-2005, 12:33 AM
i dont think i have ever let a gurl pay for dinner....id feel cheap making her pay.

babiedoll
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
haha...the girl in the article deserved it...I can't stand girl's that throw away somebody else's money like that especially if they don't even know the person!!! (ie. girls that go to the bar getting drunk off the drinks that random guys are buying them)

The guy in the article sounds kinda pathetic, too...spending $14,000 on FIRST dates but not finding a relationship...then getting bitter about it kinda shows that he's a little bit of a loser...

There's been a few times where I went on a first date and paid the bill...and the funny thing is, the guys don't even flinch (or "make the reach") for the bill...it's only when we're walking to the car that they're like "I WAS going to pay..." um, yea...so it can go both ways...and needless to say, a second date was never made...

jumperman8
05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
i agree with the 50/50 scheme.

But i also think on the first and second date it is the guys responsibility to pay, because most likely you invited her. And lets not fool ourselfs, most likely we are dating or taking a relatively good looking girl out, so shit, be happy and pay the bill, im sure she oculd of went out with other guys. but she chose you.

But i think once your relationship becomes pretty serious and a long term, then forsure it should be set at 50/50, becasue hell if you get marry her that is how shit goes anyways with bills and living expenses.

Super_Geo
05-26-2005, 11:22 AM

Hahaha... ha.. ha.

Carfanman, you never cease to amaze me. You have a holier-than-thou attitude when others get tickets, yet you've never driven. And now you're Dr. Phil in the dating thread when, judging from your response, you probably haven't been with a girl. "lots of chicks will think bad of..." Where are you meeting all these chicks, Carfanman? At homeschool? At the 14 year old Mickey Mouse club?

Haha why are you shooting your opinions on all these things that you obviously have no experience in?

BumpinTalon
05-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by babiedoll

There's been a few times where I went on a first date and paid the bill...and the funny thing is, the guys don't even flinch (or "make the reach") for the bill...it's only when we're walking to the car that they're like "I WAS going to pay..." um, yea...so it can go both ways...and needless to say, a second date was never made...

if those guys had any class at all, you never even would have seen the bill and wouldn't have had this problem

as for first dates, a restaraunt usually isn't a good idea. its a better idea to be in a place with more distractions so if the conversations starts to stall you don't get those uncomfortable heavy silences (which, for some people, are impossible to break haha) and instead you can just appear to be interested in whats going on around you, maybe comment on whatever she's looking at to get it started again.... this costs less, accomplishes more.