PDA

View Full Version : Gas pedal

sexualbanana
01-13-2003, 06:23 PM
When I got a tune-up from HKS a few months ago, the mechanic told me that my gas pedal assembly is broken, which explains why my gas pedal is so stiff.

It hadn't really bothered me until then, but now I'm starting to notice that the pedal has days where it is extremely unresponsive to the point where I have to floor the pedal with my heel before I get any type of response.

I know my car is slow as hell, but I'm starting to think that with the pedal floored, I'm may not running anywhere close to WOT. Do you think that may be it? Or am I just making up these problems in my head now that the mechanic told me it's broken?

theken
01-13-2003, 06:26 PM
I think your car will be slow either way, so don't bother wasting money fixing it :thumbsup:

Ben
01-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by theken
I think your car will be slow either way, so don't bother wasting money fixing it :thumbsup:

Now comes the blaming the car for your shortcommings rift...pfft.

hahhaa

theken
01-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Benny, your speaking to smart for me :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
01-13-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm thinking that if an accelerator cable is broken, it's not going to work AT ALL, meaning there shouldn't be ANY acceleration happening. Get someone to push on the pedal (engine off) and watch the assembly on the TB to see if it hits the stopper when the pedal's fully depressed.

sexualbanana
01-13-2003, 11:17 PM
yeah i'm pretty positive that i'm not getting anywhere close to WOT. going down deerfoot tonite, i couldn't maintain 100kmh in 5th

James
01-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I'm thinking that if an accelerator cable is broken, it's not going to work AT ALL, meaning there shouldn't be ANY acceleration happening. Get someone to push on the pedal (engine off) and watch the assembly on the TB to see if it hits the stopper when the pedal's fully depressed.

Exactly, either the Cable is attached , or it isnt....Your Gas pedal has been really stiff as long as i can remember,( a couple years atleast)...i think its just in your Head....or theres some wierd problem that just isnt normal :dunno:

ramminghard
01-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Is it sticking somewhere?

sexualbanana
01-14-2003, 12:45 AM
i don't think the stiffness is the problem. just the fact it'so amazingly unresponsive. it got to the point where i had to mashthe gas pedal to the floor with my heel in order to get any type of acceleration

cocoabrova
01-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Another thing you can do is check the amount of slack in the cable.... Have someone depress the pedal and look to see when the cable actually pulls on the the butterfly at the TB. Not too sure about the D's TB assy, but on mine, I can tighten/slacken the cable where it mount s to the intake.....