PDA

View Full Version : What Car

Zero7
05-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm moving over to Vancouver at the end of this year or early next year and I don't really know too much about the car scene as in what's cool and what's not.

I currently drive a Honda Integra Type R (2001 model) which I imported from Japan, It's white with the White wheels, 220ps engine etc....

I think you guys get the RSX-S which is supposed to be quite similar.

Previous cars have been an EVO6, Subaru Impreza Type RA V-Ltd - The scooby was a very rare imort in Sonic blue with the blue 55 seats and roof vent.

The problem in the UK is that fuel is a maximum 98 ron which does not produce the optimal output, hence the reason the Subaru in the States only produces 300hp out of a 2.5 liltre unit.

so what's avaialbe and has the most street cred?

Out of all the cars I've owend, the EVO6 was most manic but I love the Honda for it's all round ability and rarity in the UK.

suggestions? anything American worth considering?

Cheers

Av

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
the only Honda I would drive would be an S2000. otherwise, I would recommend a Subaru WRX STi, they are quite good cars and have reasonable aftermarket support. If you do get a Honda, though, you will have almost too many aftermarket parts to choose from, they have a TON of support.
It really depends on what kind of cars you like, and if you are going to leave it stock or not. We can import JDM right hand drive cars for quite cheap, like Toyota MR2s for $6,000, 300ZX twin turbos for under $10,000... so on so forth..

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
We don't get EVO's in Canada. RSX-S is a slightly watered down version of the current Integra Type R in Japan.

Zero7
05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
We don't get EVO's in Canada. RSX-S is a slightly watered down version of the current Integra Type R in Japan.

Are you sure you don't get the EVO? When I last visited Vancouver in 2003 I went to a Mits dealer and they had an EVO8 in Yellow....???

He salesman knew jack about the ca or it's racing history (that was understandable as you had never expereicned them) but he did not know about AYC etc..

Is there a Subaru forum?

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
depends on what u like in a car and budget

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Zero7

Are you sure you don't get the EVO? When I last visited Vancouver in 2003 I went to a Mits dealer and they had an EVO8 in Yellow....???

He salesman knew jack about the ca or it's racing history (that was understandable as you had never expereicned them) but he did not know about AYC etc..

Is there a Subaru forum?

there are only 8 evo 8's in canada because the government thought it was lancers and the mistake was known quickly and thus stopping at 8

Zero7
05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
depends on what u like in a car and budget

I don't really like RWD as I'll have to learn how to drive:D

No, seriously, I've been used to FWD and AWD for so long so a 350z is probably out of the window, I used ot love the old shape Subaru but they have become really dated, the new one is really comon in the UK, especially in blue. but I guess it's still relatively new over there so won't be common as muck.

Do you get the Spec C one? it's got a wider track and in the EVO mag it kept up with an M3 CSL

AsianCaucasian
05-19-2005, 03:47 PM

There are only a handful within all of Canada.

Zero7
05-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

there are only 8 evo 8's in canada because the government thought it was lancers and the mistake was known quickly and thus stopping at 8

Ah! that means I wan very lucky to actually see one, it did look nice though.

/////AMG
05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
If you like the rarity of Hondas in the UK, you won't want a Honda in Canada haha.
What you budget man? If it's in pounds just times it by 2.2 and that how many canadian dollars you have.

Then check out www.autotrader.ca

hope it helps.

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 03:53 PM

I don't really like RWD as I'll have to learn how to drive:D

No, seriously, I've been used to FWD and AWD for so long so a 350z is probably out of the window, I used ot love the old shape Subaru but they have become really dated, the new one is really comon in the UK, especially in blue. but I guess it's still relatively new over there so won't be common as muck.

Do you get the Spec C one? it's got a wider track and in the EVO mag it kept up with an M3 CSL

no we get no special STis. just the regular one, unless they snuck the Spec C in under the radar. RWD is no problem, as long as you stay calm it is easy to keep the ass end under control. I would definitely recommend the 350Z or the Infiniti G35 (same car, slightly different body and different badging), or if you want to try a domestic car you can look for a Dodge SRT-4. Its a 4 door front driver that is faster then a 350Z, very powerful, for under $30,000cdn brand new.

Sorath
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
canada is full of hondas :P
well for a sports compact car thats fwd i`d say go with the new rsx type s' they look great and are pretty quick, or if u dont care about looks get an srt4, which are cheap and fast

awd = u can get the sti, very nice handling and very quick, the audi a4 quattros are also very nice looking cars

thats what i`d buy

Zero7
05-19-2005, 04:05 PM
It's a shame there are no special edition Subaru's, I guess we just got spoiled here with the Right hand drive thing, dead easy to import form Japan, and with Prodrive just up the road from me...

I do like the looks of the new Audi RS4 but it will be out of my price range, I'm going to be looking at spending around $60k so that should get me something half decent.

Did fancy the looks of the dodge Viper in fast and furious;)

Sorath
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM
u know for 60 grand, u can get something really nice like REALLY NICE. u dont have to buy a brand new car, cause they slaughter u for prices. i think the s4's cost 55-59 grand brand new? i could be wrong, can someone confirm this?

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Did fancy the looks of the dodge Viper in fast and furious;)

there was a Viper in Fast and the Furious?? do you mean a Supra? or that old black car with the big supercharger, cuz it was a Charger? if you want an old car, look south of the border in the States, there are LOTS of them.

Zero7
05-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

there was a Viper in Fast and the Furious?? do you mean a Supra? or that old black car with the big supercharger, cuz it was a Charger? if you want an old car, look south of the border in the States, there are LOTS of them.

I thought the white car with the two blue stripes was a Viper? could be wrong....

BumpinTalon
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM

I thought the white car with the two blue stripes was a Viper? could be wrong....

haha maybe, its been a lonnnng time since I've seen that movie.
this is a viper though http://hem.passagen.se/sammpe/bilder/1996%20Dodge%20Viper%20GTS%20Sport%20Coupe%20f3q.jpg (you have to copy and paste that one for it to work)
or maybe it was the new one, I doubt it though
http://www.jancecustoms.com/Dodge%20Viper%20SRT-10%20bodydropped.jpg

/////AMG
05-19-2005, 04:34 PM
$60K?!!? Damn man, that can buy you ALOT of things in Canada.

So that about £25,000. :thumbsup:

I think it's best if you narrow down your search to what kind of car you want, specs and style and all that.

Zero7
05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Yep, that's around £27k.... I like all cars, some more than others, last 4 cars have been jap so I may try something different.

Not sure about U.S ones as I don't know if they make anything that looks good and handles well.

I may still try out an M3.

bspot
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
How much for a new C6? Anybody? That would be something not common at all in the UK that could be fun for this guy!

20incheyes
05-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Chrysler SRT-8
$57K
425 hp
440 lbs of torque
MB chassis and suspension geometries
4.9 seconds to 100 with plenty of comfort

if used then you have alot of great choices

you may be able to get into a 1997-1999 viper for that cash

Zero7
05-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
Chrysler SRT-8
$57K
425 hp
440 lbs of torque
MB chassis and suspension geometries
4.9 seconds to 100 with plenty of comfort

if used then you have alot of great choices

you may be able to get into a 1997-1999 viper for that cash

Sorry mate, looks like a friggin pimpmobile:thumbsdow

pitwipe
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm from Coventry, moved to Calgary a couple of years ago. I drive an Impreza WRX which I love. But if I were you I'd get the new Mustang GT if you're looking for some American muscle, or the Beemer M3 if you're not! Both are great cars.

Zero7
05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
I'm from Coventry, moved to Calgary a couple of years ago. I drive an Impreza WRX which I love. But if I were you I'd get the new Mustang GT if you're looking for some American muscle, or the Beemer M3 if you're not! Both are great cars.

Hi, I live in Warwick, god that's only 10 miles from Cov, used to go clubbing in Cov, what a small world. I did look at the Mustag but it's a real 'hairy chest' mans car.:D

pitwipe
05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
I know Warwick... I married a girl from there! Lived in L/Spa for a bit, then Southam, now Calgary. You're gonna love Canada!!!

Zero7
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
I know Warwick... I married a girl from there! Lived in L/Spa for a bit, then Southam, now Calgary. You're gonna love Canada!!!

$hir, I was born and bread in Leamington, sorry, forgot the Royal and spa bit:D

I moved to Warwick recenntly after having a stint in REading:thumbsdow and Derby:thumbsdow But the UK is pants now and I can't wait to leave.

Off to the Immigration show at the weekend in York, wife is near enough convinced it's the right thing to do.

I have visited Canada twice now, done all the rockies thing and visited Calgary and Edmonton, but I have my heart set on Vancouver, perhaps a nice house with a few acres to mess around in.;)