PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Stolen Wallet

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:03 PM
My wallet was pick pocketed out of my back pocket of my jeans on the ctrain today.

I really need my drivers liscense, I am basically screwed for work without it. If anybody who lives around any ctrain station, and happens to walk into one, or by one, can you please check for a leather wallet with 2 steel buttons and an eagle engraved?

The liscense should have David Lawrence written on it, and a paypal mastercard with my name. If someone finds this by tuesday I will give you 20 dollars. :( I'mhoping the thief just chucked it somewhere because it had no money in it.

Please, if anybody picks it up, PM me. Thanks guys :(

djayz
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
holy shit thats scary stuff...

around which ctrain station was this that would help out people a little

izzoblitzo
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
damn, sorry to hear dude.. a buddy of mine once got pick pocketed at the stampede.. he had a whole bunch of coins in it, so when the guy pulled it out, all the coins splashed everywhere... it turned it out was some native indian kid.. good thing there was cops near by.. so they caught him.. and two other kids.. and in their possession was two other wallets!

they worked at the stampede in the plains indian exibit!!:eek:

Mad$ella
05-19-2005, 08:13 PM
YOU NEED TO REPORT YOUR WALLET STOLEN TO THE COPS
I had mine taken and they ended up getting speeding tickets with my licence, and when I went to talk to the cops about it they asked if I had reported it stolen, I said no that I was not aware that you are supposed to do that.
Today's Lesson: Report your wallet stolen, save the hassle

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks madsella.

It disappeared somwhere between chinook lrt -> downtown lrt -> whitehorn lrt. I went from chinook to whitehorn. From work to home. It disappeared somewhere in between there. Im guessing most likely when I switched trains.

It really sucks. I am hoping I can get it back. :(

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
damn, sorry to hear dude.. a buddy of mine once got pick pocketed at the stampede.. he had a whole bunch of coins in it, so when the guy pulled it out, all the coins splashed everywhere... it turned it out was some native indian kid.. good thing there was cops near by.. so they caught him.. and two other kids.. and in their possession was two other wallets!

they worked at the stampede in the plains indian exibit!!:eek: Nice work. I have had one wallet stolen while in highschool. The fat kid regretted ever stealing my wallet from my locker in the gym. He used bolt cutters and took 5 wallets from 5 different people. He wasn't heard from again for quite a while.

e_racer
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
How do you know if you got picked pocketed ?

Kaos
05-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

I had mine taken and they ended up getting speeding tickets with my licence

Did the guy look like you or something?
I find it hard to believe that they could use your license to get speeding tickets. Especially if they got caught. Stealing/using someone else's ID is illegal.

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by e_racer
How do you know if you got picked pocketed ? How do I know? How does a wallet go missing from your back pocket while standing up in a crowded ctrain, by itself?

It was there when I got on the train, when I got off to give the bus driver my ticket stub i purchased while I hopped on the train, my wallet was gone.

Thaco
05-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Make sure you call mastercard ASAP and report it... that wayif anybody tried to use your card they can bust them.

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
Make sure you call mastercard ASAP and report it... that wayif anybody tried to use your card they can bust them. Already done.

You all wanna know what happened last week?

Someone got my mastercard receipt from the 7-11 gas station when I was driving that day. They charged $275 at the red carpet steak house, $200 at best buy, and $125 at calgary billiards. They did this all with a credit card number printed/written on a RECEIPT/Piece of paper!!!!!! I'm still waiting for those charges to be dropped, the world we live in is fucking ridiculous. A person cannot have anything without it being stolen, broken, vanadalised, wrecked, anything!

Kaos
05-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
Already done.

Someone got my mastercard receipt from the 7-11 gas station when I was driving that day. They charged $275 at the red carpet steak house, $200 at best buy, and $125 at calgary billiards. They did this all with a credit card number printed/written on a RECEIPT/Piece of paper!!!!!! I'm still waiting for those charges to be dropped, the world we live in is fucking ridiculous. A person cannot have anything without it being stolen, broken, vanadalised, wrecked, anything!

Thats why you should never own a credit card :devil:

D'z Nutz
05-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Shitty deal. Let's sticky this thread for a couple days. Hopefully you'll get some bites.

Good luck man.

Carfanman
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Where do you keep your wallet, which pocket?

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Shitty deal. Let's sticky this thread for a couple days. Hopefully you'll get some bites.

Good luck man. Damn. Thanks Nutz, I really appreciate it.

If someone finds it the reward might be larger than 20 but not by much. I'm kinda poor at the moment hehe.

Thanks in advance guys.

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Where do you keep your wallet, which pocket? my right rear pocket. im wearing my work jeans which are a tad bit baggy back there so having someone slip 2 fingers in the pocket and snatch it wouldn't even phaze me. I guess this is why people put their wallets in the front pocket with their car keys huh

Despair*
05-19-2005, 08:34 PM
^ Thats pretty brutal. Thats one of the main reason I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket when I'm wearing jeans or dresspants. If I'm wearing a jacket I will usually keep it in my inside pocket as its alot safer. You just never know now adays what can happen when your in a crowded place. Its just seems like this is all becoming way too common. Anyways good luck, and I hope you can find it.

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
^ Thats pretty brutal. Thats one of the main reason I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket when I'm wearing jeans or dresspants. If I'm wearing a jacket I will usually keep it in my inside pocket as its alot safer. You just never know now adays what can happen when your in a crowded place. Its just seems like this is all becoming way too common. People don't realize how badly they inconvenience another human by doing this sort of thing. My job depends on me ability to drive, i cannot drive without a liscense, so im kind of hindered here.

D'z Nutz
05-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Did you check the Calgary Transit office downtown? Maybe with some luck, it was dumped near the train station and someone brought it in?

I've returned many things there on numerous occassions (cellphones, wallets, etc...).

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Did you check the Calgary Transit office downtown? Maybe with some luck, it was dumped near the train station and someone brought it in?

I've returned many things there on numerous occassions (cellphones, wallets, etc...). no, everything was shut down by the time i noticed. (5:30pm). I was in whitehorn, at the lrt station when i went to find my wallet and it wasn't there. I told the bus driver and he said he would let everyone know. I hope it gets found.

iceburns288
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I think you can drive, you just need some proper ID and registration if you get pulled over. You should tell the cop your wallet got stolen and you have to drive to do your job.

We can do that here, as long as we have registration and whatnot it's ok. You shuld be able to do it, call the HQ and find out.

MenteL
05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
I think you can drive, you just need some proper ID and registration if you get pulled over. You should tell the cop your wallet got stolen and you have to drive to do your job.

We can do that here, as long as we have registration and whatnot it's ok. You shuld be able to do it, call the HQ and find out. ive driven without a liscense before. cop was nice and let me off because i was one block away from home, but said that it was a $500 ticket. I don't want to chance that. Hopefully I can go tomorrow morning and get a temp i.d. permit that will allow me to drive until i get a new one re issued. if the boss says its okay

Carfanman
05-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, you should never keep it in your back pocket, way too easy and tempting.

Ben
05-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Mine got swiped from a Nightclub here in town. By the time I realized it was gone, they had racked up my Corporate card in excess of 5000.

Report to police immedatly. This was the only way to save myself from fraudulant charges,

tapout
05-20-2005, 12:52 AM
tahts shitty good luck man

88CRX
05-20-2005, 12:57 AM
lost mine a few years back.... front pocket ever since.

BlackArcher101
05-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I had my wallet stolen last summer... I had every peice of identification in it... SIN card, health card, license, 2 credit cards and tons of other membership cards.... took an entire day just to cancel everything.

And call the RCMP! Tell them what was stolen especially if they got an info like a SIN #. They will record it to safeguard you against identity theft and will give you a case #. You can also drive without your license as long as you have that case #. If stopped, you just give the cop the #, explain the situation, and he'll let it slide.

Took me weeks to get my new license cause I had to wait for it to come from edmonton. Being without photo ID in the summertime while you want to go have a few beers is not fun.

Carfanman
05-20-2005, 02:00 PM
ATTORNEY'S ADVICE -- NO CHARGE
Read this and make a copy for your files in case you need to refer
to it someday. Maybe we should all take some of his advice! A
corporate attorney sent the following out to the employees in his
company.

1. The next time you order checks have only your initials (instead
of first name) and last name put on them. If someone takes your
checkbook, they will not know if you sign your checks with just your
initials or your first name, but your bank will know how you sign
your checks.

2. Do not sign the back of your credit cards. Instead, put "PHOTO
ID REQUIRED".

3. When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card
accounts,DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line.
Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company nows
the rest of the number, and anyone who might be handling your check
as it passes through all the check processing channels won't have
access to it.

4. Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone.
If you have a PO Box use that instead of your home address. If you do
not have a PO Box, use your work address. Never have your SS#
printed on your checks. (DUH!) You can add it if it is necessary. But
if you have it printed, anyone can get it.

5. Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine. Do
both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you
had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to
call and cancel. Keep the photocopy in a safe place. I also carry a
photocopy of my passport when travel either here or abroad. We've all
heard horror stories about fraud that's committed on us in stealing a
name, address, Social Security number, credit cards.

Unfortunately, I, an attorney, have firsthand knowledge because my
wallet was stolen last month. Within a week, the thieve(s) ordered
an expensive monthly cell phone package, applied for a VISA credit
card, had a credit line approved to buy a Gateway computer, received a
PIN number from DMV to change my driving record information online,
and more.

But here's some critical information to limit the damage in case this
happens to you or someone you know:

1. We have been told we should cancel our credit cards immediately.
But the key is having the toll free numbers and your card numbers
handy so you know whom to call. Keep those where you can find them.

2. File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where your
credit cards, etc., were stolen. This proves to credit providers you
were diligent, and this is a first step toward an investigation (if
there ever is one).

But here's what is perhaps most important of all: (I never even
thought to do this)

3. Call the 3 national credit reporting organizations immediately to
place a fraud alert on your name and Social Security number. I had
never heard of doing that until advised by a bank that called to tell
me an application for credit was made over the Internet in my name.
The alert means any company that c hecks your credit knows your
information was stolen, and they have to contact you by phone
to authorize new credit.

By the time I was advised to do this, almost two weeks after the
theft, all the damage had been done. There are records of all the
credit checks initiated by the thieves' purchases, none of which I
knew about before placing the alert. Since then, no additional damage
has been done, and the thieves threw my wallet away.

This weekend (someone turned it in). It seems to have stopped them
dead in their tracks. Now, here are the numbers you always need to
contact about your wallet, etc., has been stolen:

I left the numbers off because they are US numbers. They may even only be tri-state area numbers

Xtrema
05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
3 Tips:

1) Carry only what you need and use frequently. Leave your SIN card at home.

2) log all your account info (cc, driver's license, bank card etc)

3) Destroy all print records when possible. If your gas stations still print full cc info, go to another station. Most cc recipts these days *** out the cc number. And usually have a number without expiry is pretty useless anyway.

I lost a wallet on c-train once, I reported it immediately. It's still pretty costly to get all the ID back but at least there isn't any ID theft troubles.

AllGoNoShow
05-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Amen to that.

Don't carry your SIN card with you, thats asking for it, even though I have mine with me right now :)

But yah, I got nothign really, fi I took my SIN and health care card out they would have a drivers license that isnt even legal, an expired bus pass, a bunch of Dontbuydodge.ca cards and 75 ents in Canadian Tire money. oh and a bank card, but its useless without a pin.

But I have to ask this.... am I the only one who touchs my bank pocket lke every 10 steps? Maybe its just me but just baout everywhere i walk you will see e reaching for it and making sure its there.:dunno:

lam-boy
05-20-2005, 11:02 PM
fuck wallets, i carry my debit, credit, drivers and about 10-20 dollars in cash (change/bills) amost all the time in my front pocket.

MenteL
05-20-2005, 11:35 PM
well all i had was mastercard and a drivers liscense. I suppose this thread can be closed up now, because everything has been called in and cancelled and im replacing my liscense tomorrow afternoon at the registries.

Thanks for anybody who tried to help out and thanks to nutz for stickifying this thread for me i really appreciate it.

You all are the #1 reason why beyond.ca kicks so much ass!

Don't forget to check out my marketplace listings and buy some cool shit from me so i can find a nice car at the auction this week!

D'z Nutz
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
No prob man! Just trying to help out. I know how shitty it can be to lose valuable stuff.

5hift
05-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Already done.

I have never seen a customer recipet where the full credit card number is printed on the recipet, usually the numbers after the bank id are x'ed out. The only recipts that normally have the customer's full data are the store copies ( thats how it is for our businesses at least). Because of this you might want to take a look at who swiped your card at 7-11. My guess is its either someone who had access to the store recipet or the cashier double swipped ur credit card without you noticing.

5hift
05-21-2005, 10:43 AM
^^
The reason I know someone used more than just the data off your recipet is because no place such as best buy would let someone purchase something with just a credit card number (these days you need the actual credit card and a matching piece of government issued photo id to use a credit card for best buy).

MenteL
05-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Khali
^^
The reason I know someone used more than just the data off your recipet is because no place such as best buy would let someone purchase something with just a credit card number (these days you need the actual credit card and a matching piece of government issued photo id to use a credit card for best buy). Then how was my card used while I was in possession of it? THere is no reason for me to spend $250usd on steak at red carpet, nor is there any reason for me to buy indian music and subwoofers for a car at best buy. I dont listen to indian music and I already have car audio lol. It's gotten to be quite a pain in the ass battle trying to get these companies to rectify the situation.

shakalaka
05-21-2005, 02:56 PM
^This only proves that the people who used your card knew someone at the places they used it. Must have some kind of connections at the places they used it, cauz thats the only way they can buy stuff with just the information on the reciept. No other way anyone would sell them otherwise. Like Khali said, you will need actual credit card and a piece of ID to do that. Unless the people who jacked you up had connections at the places your card was used at, its pretty much impossible.

Chester
05-21-2005, 02:59 PM
It sucks losing your wallet or having it stolen. After my wallet was stolen a couple years ago I got into the habit of leaving my thumb hooked onto the pocket my wallet was in while in crowded places.

5hift
05-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Then how was my card used while I was in possession of it? THere is no reason for me to spend $250usd on steak at red carpet, nor is there any reason for me to buy indian music and subwoofers for a car at best buy. I dont listen to indian music and I already have car audio lol. It's gotten to be quite a pain in the ass battle trying to get these companies to rectify the situation.

I wasnt accusing you of making those purchases, I was trying to help u find out how it happened.

That info that was used should only be accessible to 7-11 employees; meaning that most likely the cashier that served you was the one who ripped u off. He then used his hookups to make purchases without a card and just a number.

ninjak84
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
I think it's funny how morons steal wallets, and then use the cards/cash on such stupid shit. When my Dad's wallet was stolen, we had a good laugh over the track of VISA purchases.

Haha yours is kind of funny too

"275 at the red carpet steak house"

:rofl: i hope it was worth the year in prison he'll do

AcuraTl
05-21-2005, 07:31 PM
FUCK you got jacked cuz of a receipt? pisses me off cuz so much shit passes through my CC i prolly wont notice a 50 or a 100 dollar charge going through...explains why most crooks buy shit under 300$ and hope the people dont notice it....its weird put i have a ritual i go through, every 30 mins or so i just feel around for my wallet, phone and PDA heh its weird, its automatic now...just makes me feel safe...

XylathaneGTR
05-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
FUCK you got jacked cuz of a receipt? pisses me off cuz so much shit passes through my CC i prolly wont notice a 50 or a 100 dollar charge going through...explains why most crooks buy shit under 300$ and hope the people dont notice it....its weird put i have a ritual i go through, every 30 mins or so i just feel around for my wallet, phone and PDA heh its weird, its automatic now...just makes me feel safe...
I do the same thing, i'll just ocasionally feel for keys, wallet, phone, etc. It's more of an automatic thing now and i don't even think about it, but im glad it's a habit i've picked up. I'd say about half the time i don't even keep a wallet in my back pockets, too worried about getting jacked.

shakalaka
05-21-2005, 07:53 PM
My freakin wallet is so huge, I dont have to touch it to feel it. All that plastic and some cash feels kinda heavy in the back pocket all the time.

Carfanman
05-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
My freakin wallet is so huge, I dont have to touch it to feel it. All that plastic and some cash feels kinda heavy in the back pocket all the time.

Just dont walk down dark alleys at night in bad neighborhoods.
But I guess thats obvious.

MenteL
05-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Got my liscense replaced, reported my liscense stolen to the cops, so now nobody can use my I.D. My bank card was eaten up at the atm because they couldnt hack my pin number, so they are working on getting a shot of the guys face from the camera thats there but he was covering it mostly with his hat :(. I didn't know I had it in there either.

And still no news on that damn receipt charge. They wont answer my calls, i guess these establishments are trying to avoid a lawsuit by simply ignoring me??......who knows.

AcuraTl
05-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Got my liscense replaced, reported my liscense stolen to the cops, so now nobody can use my I.D. My bank card was eaten up at the atm because they couldnt hack my pin number, so they are working on getting a shot of the guys face from the camera thats there but he was covering it mostly with his hat :(. I didn't know I had it in there either.

And still no news on that damn receipt charge. They wont answer my calls, i guess these establishments are trying to avoid a lawsuit by simply ignoring me??......who knows.

ignoring? doubt it...mostly probably cuz freud is such a fuckin big thing now, i would say 1 outta every 2 canadians has been affected...sucks ass really...even if you dont lose your wallet you can get jacked so easily...

GiveMeMyMoney
05-22-2005, 10:24 AM

I'm still waiting for those charges to be dropped, the world we live in is fucking ridiculous. A person cannot have anything without it being stolen, broken, vanadalised, wrecked, anything!

You really like irony don't you dave? It's interesting you have 20 dollars to throw around but you can't even pay me for the cheap speakers I gave to you.

It's also interesting that you think other people are so horrible (as you say in the statement above) yet you did the same thing to me by not paying me for my speakers. That is almost sad.

I'm trying not to be rude yet Dave, but biting my tongue is starting to hurt.

AcuraTl
05-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by GiveMeMyMoney

You really like irony don't you dave? It's interesting you have 20 dollars to throw around but you can't even pay me for the cheap speakers I gave to you.

It's also interesting that you think other people are so horrible (as you say in the statement above) yet you did the same thing to me by not paying me for my speakers. That is almost sad.

I'm trying not to be rude yet Dave, but biting my tongue is starting to hurt.

i vote for IP ban!

MenteL
05-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GiveMeMyMoney

I'm trying not to be rude yet Dave, but biting my tongue is starting to hurt. LOL - Yet those things didn't even fucking WORK. Keep biting your tongue, you're going to get nowhere. If you are so hard up for $20 and if it means you'll STFU about some pc speakers that did not fucking work, then you can have it. I guess making rounds with bikers isn't paying your bills is it?

Oh yeah, 20 bucks to throw around? One would think that replacing a god damn drivers liscense is just a TAD WEE BIT more important than paying 20 bucks for some fucking nonfunctional plastic. You didn't even use the damn things, I drove all the way up to your hole to pick that shit up, and I even brought you damn lunch. Get a job and straighten your financial situation out. It's not hard to pick up a herald and phone people for interviews. Nagging this long over 20 dollars is downright pathetic.