PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do clean an LCD monitor without streaks left!

GucciBoy
05-20-2005, 12:39 AM
This is really pissing me off. I spent $14 on this stuff and it doesn even work! I have to run it over 4 or 5 times just to get smears to fade. And even when I use lint free cloths, it leaves streaks, which makes it look 100x worse than it orginally was. Like seriouly I know i dont need it perfect like when it came out of the box, but I dont like when it looks like a winshield. it shouldnt be this hard to get smears off. I was told to go from top of bottom in one stroke, but it leaves nasty streaks! Arggh.

AllGoNoShow
05-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I use Kensington Screen Guard, originally bought it for the CRTs but works well on my Laptop's *tried on a few* LCD's.

Also buy their cloths, they work good aswell.

EK 2.0
05-20-2005, 12:43 AM
go to any electronics retailer...and buy Monster Cleaner...its the greatest shit evar...

cleans my screens, windows, monitors, glasses, camera lenses, camera LCD's...it does it all...

30 bucks gets you the cleaner, and a microfiber cloth...a bottle usually lasts me about 6 months...and the cloth is washable...

Xaroxantu Zero
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
:werd: Monster Screenclean all the way. It works wonders for me.

GucciBoy
05-20-2005, 02:13 AM
^ ahhh fuk, i knew i should have got it when i saw it. Was just turned off by the price. But now Im gonna be spending more money on the product since the stuff i have now is junk. I may not be doing it to absolute perfection, but it shouldnt be taking 30mins to clean an LCD ,thats absolutely ridiculous.

Is the monster cleaner work fast? Like one stroke from top to bottom, clean, no nasty streaks left and dries fast?

Xaroxantu Zero
05-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Well I would say a bit more than one stroke just to make sure the screen is nice and clean. It doesn't leave any streaks and it dries almost instantly.

Kamen
05-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I use a special lens cleaning cloth made from microfibres I got in Japan. They cost about $6 each and you can re-wash them and re-use them.
I clean my Oakleys, LCD, Laptop screen, etc with this and it works great. No water marks or streaks or whatever, perfect shine as it picks up everything.

Is it just me or do you not know how to do most things?

kenny
05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Monster Screen Clean, its awesome stuff for laptops, lcd screens and eye wear too. We're always sold out of the stuff at future shop

90awdwagovan.
05-20-2005, 10:29 AM
i just use my hand to clean all my shit.

Nufy
05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
If you work in the oil & gas industry get some of the stuff they use to clean the fire detector lenses in gas plants.

I get mine from Microwatt and it usually comes with that microfibre cloth as well.

Works great on everything. Screens, glasses, my oakleys etc...

Genjuro
05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
a little something called.... Windex.

ppl say you shouldnt use it but it is NOT harmful to the lcd in anyway. i use it in our corp office.

just spray it on a paper towel and wipe...

hard?

rahim
05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
i bought a bottle of some shit from memory express LCD wipes can't remeber the brand name, i can post it when i get home if you want.

Comes in a bottle like wetnaps, 50 sheets for like $15, works well for me with no streaks or scratchs

jdmakkord
05-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
a little something called.... Windex.

ppl say you shouldnt use it but it is NOT harmful to the lcd in anyway. i use it in our corp office.

just spray it on a paper towel and wipe...

hard?

Windex will eat the anti glare coating off of the screen. Keep it up.

Despair*
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Where abouts is a good place to purchase this Monster screen cleaner besides FS as kenny mentioned they are always sold out. I hope to be buying and LCD monitor sometime soon, so the heads on this screencleaner would be good.

kenny
05-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Sony Store, and Futureshop both carry it

Davetronz
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Monster Screen Clean all the way!

DarkDream
05-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Monster clean is awesome... it sticks on to the screen.... so doesn't run..... Then you just use the cloth they give you to make your screen looking like new again......

lastprodigy
05-20-2005, 07:10 PM
wow this is jsut what i needed, ive been meaning to post somehting like this for a while now!