PDA

View Full Version : how are these cars??

pAuLiE J
01-13-2003, 08:48 PM
since ill be driving in another year, its time to think about a ride. im looking at the 2002 wrx impreza, 1996 240 sx, 2002 eclipse rs, and im also open to suggestions. also, are there such things as "spoon civics" that come stock with the spoon engine in them or do you have to add one? and 1 more thing, since they dont sell honda integras here in the U.S., is it illegal to get one shipped over from Japan? thanks for your imput

Ben
01-13-2003, 08:51 PM
First of all, welcome to the forum, and secondly, just a word to current members, dont flame/mock/frosh, its a new member, and IMO there is far too much flaming going on lately.

You will find lots of answers here, but my advice, dont take things to seriously.

Cheers!

Welcome!

Blue Devil 2
01-13-2003, 09:03 PM
rather than have an integra shipped from Japan, why not Canada?

Personally I would go for a Honda Civic with the NEW Spoon 2 engine, it's offers more power with increased realibility.

oh yeah, welcome :devil:

Stratus_Power
01-13-2003, 09:10 PM
unless the "integra" you talking about is the Japan RSX Type R :D

Lo)2enz0
01-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey,

well welcome to the board. When you say Honda integra I am not to sure if your talking about the rsx or the integra as we know it over here. A spoon civic, well thats one of my dream cars and if you can get one I highly suggest you do. The 240sx is awsome but I am not a big fan of the ka24dett so I would suggest if you have the cash to pick up either a rb24dett or a s15 sr20dett. Just a suggestion. Other cars you should look at are, MR2's, and Honda preludes.

Laurier

jdmakkord
01-13-2003, 09:16 PM
sr20det not tt

ninjak84
01-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Everyone that's getting their liscence is also "getting" those cars.
Like a wise man once said: "Don't join the gettin family."

Stick around, talk, and come to the meets, but I'll see your ride when you get it.

Welcome :D
Spoon Engines sold seperately.

EnRich
01-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum man....
The answer to your question is simple man...

Ask yourself why guys buy nice cars in the first place... I dunno bout the rest of you guys but I'm all about making the heads turn... I'm talking about the girls... Sure those are all pretty nice cars, although the styling on the WRX is still kinda debatable still a huge improvement over the last few years... If I were you I'd be buying the 2003 Eclipse... The ladies will love it, you'll look great in it and you'll love driving it around... 4 wheel drive is nice but do you really need it when your fucking a girl in the back seat? Man if I wasn't in school and $38,000 dept I'd buy one, those things are some of the best looking cars on the road, trust me you'll get all the girls looking at you man...

RICH

RSeXy
01-13-2003, 09:23 PM
how much is your budget?

i am a girl..

i vouch for the 2002 WRX! :thumbsup:

Nix87
01-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Hey,

Personally Civic's are the way 2 go..ya lots of people may have em but who cares, it's all the more fun creatin a car that is unique. Lot's of good advice on these boards so look around. Lots of good ideas floatin around..
Have a good one,

Nick

lilboykorea
01-13-2003, 10:08 PM
u coulda gotten flamed real bad for what u asked...:guns:

GTS Jeff
01-13-2003, 11:10 PM
haha i could write a 4 page long flame for this...

anyway, the best advice i can think of is that u should start off with a cheap old car. its hard to appreciate a new car if u havent owned an old one. also, its much nicer to learn to drive on an inferior car because u can learn more and becuz if u crash it it wont be so bad.

but if ure set on the above choices, the wrx outclasses everything else. a spoon civic is still not awd.

Si_FlyGuy
01-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I don't see how a 1996 240sx can compete with the other two cars hehe..

Weapon_R
01-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
but if ure set on the above choices, the wrx outclasses everything else. a spoon civic is still not awd.

The spoon civic would give the wrx an awesome run

CRXguy
01-14-2003, 12:01 AM
:D

5.9 R/T
01-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by EnRich
Welcome to the forum man....
The answer to your question is simple man...

Ask yourself why guys buy nice cars in the first place... I dunno bout the rest of you guys but I'm all about making the heads turn... I'm talking about the girls... Sure those are all pretty nice cars, although the styling on the WRX is still kinda debatable still a huge improvement over the last few years... If I were you I'd be buying the 2003 Eclipse... The ladies will love it, you'll look great in it and you'll love driving it around... 4 wheel drive is nice but do you really need it when your fucking a girl in the back seat? Man if I wasn't in school and $38,000 dept I'd buy one, those things are some of the best looking cars on the road, trust me you'll get all the girls looking at you man...

RICH

For the love of god please no one takes this persons advice.

EstoMax
01-14-2003, 12:03 AM
id say wrx, my mom has a 99 impreza outback and with just 145 hp it already pulls hard and i own most of my friends' cars :) besides awd is awesome in wet weather

max

James
01-14-2003, 12:29 AM
haha i could write a 4 page long flame for this...

That because your an asshole! :D

anyway, the best advice i can think of is that u should start off with a cheap old car. its hard to appreciate a new car if u havent owned an old one. also, its much nicer to learn to drive on an inferior car because u can learn more and becuz if u crash it it wont be so bad.

Good advice.... although not all older cars are "inferior" Jeff....i can think of dozens of newer cars that i would still prefer mine over:thumbsup:...but i see what your saying.

Ajay
01-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

if you have the cash to pick up either a rb24dett or a s15 sr20dett.

Laurier

I think he should pick up the RB26DETT...course that would take ALOT of extra cash!!

importadrenelin
01-14-2003, 12:18 PM
if it's your first car start off cheap I can build you a 92-95 Civic H/B (EG) running 13's in the 1/4 for less then $10K if you wanted it, but you got to basically go with what you want.
Civic's never came from Honda with Spoon engines, you have to purcahse Spoon engines separately, check the "Spoon Engines?' thread on this forum as well. If you want to run with a different crowd buy the 95 240SX, add a SR20DET and S14 Front end conversion and your set.. you have soo many options that I could sit here for 3 days and explain all of them to you.
Good Luck

l/l/rX
01-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
how much is your budget?

i am a girl..

i vouch for the 2002 WRX! :thumbsup:

gooood stuff :thumbsup: awd iz awsome for winter/snow/wet weather:D

pAuLiE J
01-14-2003, 02:11 PM
it seems alot of you like the wrx. as for the honda's, is it possible to get a honda integra shipped over from japan? and i also read the thread on spoon engines. since it is a different kind of engine, could i still put mods and other stuff in it or would it be limited and does it have to be a certain civic model to do it?

szw
01-14-2003, 02:34 PM
where are you from? just get your honda integra over here.

GTS Jeff
01-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by pAuLiE J
it seems alot of you like the wrx. as for the honda's, is it possible to get a honda integra shipped over from japan? and i also read the thread on spoon engines. since it is a different kind of engine, could i still put mods and other stuff in it or would it be limited and does it have to be a certain civic model to do it? why not buy a usdm teg?

syeve
01-14-2003, 03:28 PM
get an RSX, there are not enough of us on here...me so lonley

Lo)2enz0
01-14-2003, 05:22 PM
hey,

sorry about the ka24dett, i ment ka24det. But there is accually an engine that came from the late silvias and 180sx's which was the sr20dett.

GTS Jeff
01-14-2003, 05:49 PM
hey,

sorry about the ka24dett, i ment ka24det. But there is accually an engine that came from the late silvias and 180sx's which was the sr20dett. dude. the ka24 was never turboed from the factory. the sr20 only ever came with ONE turbo, not 2. and 180sx's used a 1.8 liter engine...hence the "18"0sx....the ca18de

Lo)2enz0
01-14-2003, 06:27 PM
hey jeff,

The 180sx accually only produced the ca18det untill 91 or 93 I can't remember which year they stopped producing it but than in the 3rd generation 180sx they introduced the black top sr20det into the 180 sx.

If you go on to a search engine and type up sr20dett you will find a little bit of information but ussually its just pages of bolt ons for this engine.

Thanks for correcting me with the ka14de. I am used to talking about the jdm engines.

Laurier

three.eighteen.
01-14-2003, 06:39 PM
dude its the ka24de...prior to some point they wer sohc engines which i believe makes it just a ka24e

GTS Jeff
01-14-2003, 06:46 PM
hm ure right about the 180sx...but when i searched for sr20dett i got nothing...cept this
Did you mean to search for: sr20det. unless u can give me definite specs and proof that its a factory option, i think its a ricer myth..

Lo)2enz0
01-14-2003, 07:07 PM
sorry about that, I found no information on the sr20dett. It was never put into production because it was a in a concept nissan engine that was never put in production and it was supposed to be put in a skyline. Well they are selling parts for it whish is wierd. here is what I got on google:http://www.google.ca/search?q=sr20dett+silvia&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1

Laurier

GTS Jeff
01-14-2003, 08:49 PM
sorry about that, I found no information on the sr20dett. It was never put into production because it was a in a concept nissan engine that was never put in production and it was supposed to be put in a skyline. Well they are selling parts for it whish is wierd. here is what I got on google:http://www.google.ca/search?q=sr20dett+silvia&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1

Laurier again, where are u getting this info? where is this magical concept engine? is there anything at all that shows that nissan ever made such an engine? the only "part" i can see on your list is the turbo timer...which is compatible with ANY engine....

i dont see why nissan could even consider an sr20dett. the sr20det does perfectly fine with one turbo and its not like theres 2 banks of cylinders to support 2 turbos for extra boost.

the rb series engines couldnt be more different from the sr engines either!

u know, the more i think about it, the more ridiculuous sr20dett sounds!

pAuLiE J
01-14-2003, 09:21 PM
i was looking around at assorted car pages and such and came across cars like the rsx-s, accord lx, and the civic ex. i was looking at these because they arent too high in HP which could get me in finacial trouble with insurance and arent turbocharged which also adds. all 3 of these cars come with variable valve timing which u guys know as vtec. they have ok HP for stock cars. i was reading up on these cars and they sound pretty good. acura and honda make a hell of a reliable car too and they have alot of arftermarket parts. what are your opinions on these 3 cars?

szw
01-14-2003, 09:41 PM
rsx-s, accord lx, civic ex...

these are hugely different cars.

what do you want?

sports, family, or economy?

pAuLiE J
01-14-2003, 09:43 PM
mainly sport, i also heard the prelude is a pretty nice car too.

GTS Jeff
01-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by pAuLiE J
i was looking around at assorted car pages and such and came across cars like the rsx-s, accord lx, and the civic ex. i was looking at these because they arent too high in HP which could get me in finacial trouble with insurance and arent turbocharged which also adds. all 3 of these cars come with variable valve timing which u guys know as vtec. they have ok HP for stock cars. i was reading up on these cars and they sound pretty good. acura and honda make a hell of a reliable car too and they have alot of arftermarket parts. what are your opinions on these 3 cars? u seriously sound like u need an ef dx AND a good slap in the face :nut:

but seriously, ef dx

three.eighteen.
01-15-2003, 01:57 AM
how much money do you have to spend?? RSX-S considered as your first car...

Troy
01-15-2003, 11:30 AM
I want a honda integra to!...anyway how much money can you spend ? those are like 30k and unless yur parents are going to pay your insurance you better start saving :D

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Troy
I want a honda integra to!...anyway how much money can you spend ? those are like 30k and unless yur parents are going to pay your insurance you better start saving :D :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Honda Integra:
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra/photo-lib/image/photo3.jpg

Acura RSX:
http://www.acura.com/images/rsx/rsx_gall_wallpaper08_800x600.jpg

once again, :banghead: :banghead:

gpomp
01-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Is beyond advertising in all the junior high schools around Calgary or something?

Lo)2enz0
01-15-2003, 05:28 PM
there is no one under 16 here but civicLvr (i thik i got it right) but besides him most off us are 18 +. I can only recall 3 members being 17 and than 2 more that are 16. meh.

Laurier

l/l/rX
01-15-2003, 05:47 PM
im 15 =D aint 16 till sept awww shiat!!! :(

gpomp
01-15-2003, 07:13 PM
there is no one under 16 here but civicLvr (i thik i got it right) but besides him most off us are 18 +. I can only recall 3 members being 17 and than 2 more that are 16. meh.

Laurier

No, you are wrong.

lammer
01-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

No, you are wrong.

im 12..:dunno: :dunno:

three.eighteen.
01-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
im 15 =D aint 16 till sept awww shiat!!! :(

so why do you have listed that you drive a WRX? this isnt some make believe 'lets go bullshit about cars' site...stop wasting bandwidth!

Lo)2enz0
01-15-2003, 07:49 PM

No, you are wrong.

than how many people here are under 18 here, personally I don't care if they are or not.

Laurier

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 07:58 PM
ehhh hehehehe...so much flaming here and i dont even have anything to do with it! im giddy! :)

anyway, u guys should stop worrying about the minors on this website. by now, u should all realize that when a site gets big, theres bound to be lots of ppl with smaller brains on the forums. try to educate them...or if not, just ignore them here...and then talk amongst your friends later on about how stupid who-so-ever is...

Mr. Grinch
01-15-2003, 09:44 PM
I would stay out of the horsepower wars for now. Get something cheap and reliable to start with. So either get the 96 240, or a similar year Civic, Accord, or Integra. If you are a person who wants a vehicle to go camping, haul people and gear, you might consider something with a little more room.

I'll admit I'm biased. My first car was a 74 AMC Javelin. Ran great, but the 401 used more gas getting me to and from work than I made in a 3 hr shift at McDonalds. Later on, it was not so reliable... tires no good for snow, Heads needed resurfaced and gaskets, Valves burnt, eventually put in a 304 instead. Finally sold it to go to University, but I learned the hard way that getting where I wanted to go, and not having to pay a fortune in repairs and gas, were more important to me than horsepower.

So, my advice is get something reliable, that's never going to leave you stranded. Plan on some extra cash in the bank for "just in case" repairs. Get accustomed to expenses. Learn how to spot cops a mile away because they sure can spot you if you're doing anything at all out of the normal. You also won't have to worry as much about vandalism as with a nice car, so you won't mind parking it in the street or in a crowded lot were dings are inevitable. Plan on spending cash for snow tires in winter.

Then, having a little more time to decide what you really want, you can start planning for that "nice" car if it's still important to you and you still have the cash. And if its a sports car you don't want to take in snow, or park in places where dings and vandalism are likely, then you can keep your "beater" car and be thankful you've got something that can get you from A to B and not worry about.

Just my opinion, take it with a large grain of salt.

three.eighteen.
01-16-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Grinch
I would stay out of the horsepower wars for now. Get something cheap and reliable to start with. So either get the 96 240, or a similar year Civic, Accord, or Integra. If you are a person who wants a vehicle to go camping, haul people and gear, you might consider something with a little more room.

I'll admit I'm biased. My first car was a 74 AMC Javelin. Ran great, but the 401 used more gas getting me to and from work than I made in a 3 hr shift at McDonalds. Later on, it was not so reliable... tires no good for snow, Heads needed resurfaced and gaskets, Valves burnt, eventually put in a 304 instead. Finally sold it to go to University, but I learned the hard way that getting where I wanted to go, and not having to pay a fortune in repairs and gas, were more important to me than horsepower.

So, my advice is get something reliable, that's never going to leave you stranded. Plan on some extra cash in the bank for "just in case" repairs. Get accustomed to expenses. Learn how to spot cops a mile away because they sure can spot you if you're doing anything at all out of the normal. You also won't have to worry as much about vandalism as with a nice car, so you won't mind parking it in the street or in a crowded lot were dings are inevitable. Plan on spending cash for snow tires in winter.

Then, having a little more time to decide what you really want, you can start planning for that "nice" car if it's still important to you and you still have the cash. And if its a sports car you don't want to take in snow, or park in places where dings and vandalism are likely, then you can keep your "beater" car and be thankful you've got something that can get you from A to B and not worry about.

Just my opinion, take it with a large grain of salt.

thats why i bought a 318 :tongue: :confused:

Mr. Grinch
01-16-2003, 03:52 AM
You can't fault a car for being reliable. I was going to sell my Honda, but I started realizing it was just too darn reliable to give it up. I'll keep it until it's ready for the museum and nobody burns fossil fuels anymore.

You like 318s, check this one out:

This used to be a 318ti (http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_project/332ti/begin.htm)

l/l/rX
01-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

so why do you have listed that you drive a WRX? this isnt some make believe 'lets go bullshit about cars' site...stop wasting bandwidth!

why would i lie about that shit!?
dont freak out mang, you should ask first if i was a try hard subie owner, who wished had one, instead of flaming me out here:thumbsdow sooo my name is acceptable seeing how i have one
its my dads car but we are fixing it up together, he wants to soup up his bike... but since we bought this car not too long ago hes going to hold off on that, for now. i only have an exhaust on it at the moment but soon to be some other shiat. tanabe hyper medallion exhaust:D world rally blue

GTS Jeff
01-16-2003, 11:10 AM

why would i lie about that shit!?
dont freak out mang, you should ask first if i was a try hard subie owner, who wished had one, instead of flaming me out here:thumbsdow sooo my name is acceptable seeing how i have one
its my dads car but we are fixing it up together, he wants to soup up his bike... but since we bought this car not too long ago hes going to hold off on that, for now. i only have an exhaust on it at the moment but soon to be some other shiat. tanabe hyper medallion exhaust:D world rally blue if i went by your mentality i would have list my current ride as a 350z.

l/l/rX
01-16-2003, 06:56 PM
yes...i would to, but i dont have too, because its true

___2PaC___
01-16-2003, 08:42 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Honda Integra:
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra/photo-lib/image/photo3.jpg

Acura RSX:
http://www.acura.com/images/rsx/rsx_gall_wallpaper08_800x600.jpg

once again, :banghead: :banghead:

WHOA...They looks so much alike, I never noticed it alot....

Is beyond advertising in all the junior high schools around Calgary or something?
Not that I know if, are they actually doin that? I dont think they would because then they would have to get faster servers n shit, eh?
:dunno: :dunno:

GTS Jeff
01-16-2003, 08:46 PM
yes...i would to, but i dont have too, because its true what im saying is that since you call your daddys car (a wrx) your own ride, i can do the same and call my dads car (a 350z) my own ride as well.

"look at me! i drive a 350z and an e30 m3!"

l/l/rX
01-16-2003, 08:50 PM
lolz, then go for it, but you gots your own car, n all, soooo i consider this car patially mine too...soo i enlist that as my ride...for now...till i get my own someday someday...wen i move out....NEWYZ, no point on arguing this, suppose to help out this guy with choosing his ride....i was just arguing the fact that 3.18. was raging out on me thats all

GTS Jeff
01-16-2003, 08:57 PM
lolz, then go for it, but you gots your own car, n all, soooo i consider this car patially mine too...soo i enlist that as my ride...for now...till i get my own someday someday...wen i move out....NEWYZ, no point on arguing this, suppose to help out this guy with choosing his ride....i was just arguing the fact that 3.18. was raging out on me thats all aightz niGGa

l/l/rX
01-16-2003, 08:59 PM
aightz niGGa

good stuff