PDA

View Full Version : talon: lowering?

farmboy108
05-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I was wondering how hard it would be to install a lowering kit on my 95 talon esi? Also i want to know what you all think looks better on a talon, lowered with rims or body kit? And about how much will a lowering kit cost? thanx

EK 2.0
05-20-2005, 05:30 PM
lower the car and add a TSi side skirt...that's the way a DSM SHOULD look...

the cost of lowering will be dependant on what set-up you go with...whether a coilover set up or just some springs and matched shocks...

give any one of our sponsors a call they can hook you up good...

farmboy108
05-21-2005, 08:15 PM
how low should i go?

redec
05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by farmboy108
how low should i go?

it really depends on what you want to do with it after it's lowered. Go at least 1 1/2 inches, cuz on a talon, that just gets it to 'normal' if you know what I mean. Stock talon fender gap is huge. The lower you go, the sweeter it will look (imho), but the lower you go, the rougher the ride....so....it really depends on what your overall goal is with the car

BumpinTalon
05-22-2005, 11:54 AM
the Talon tends to look best with just over a 2" drop front and rear. Eibach Sportlines are best for going that low, and can be had pretty cheap secondhand. you will need to upgrade your struts with a drop that low, and get front and rear camber kits as well. all said and done, you would end up paying around $800ish + install for all brand new parts.
if you don't want to drop it that much, you could get Eibach Pro Kits, which are about a 1.75" drop front and rear and are a stiffer spring rate, Tein S-Techs which are around 1.25" front and rear and only cost $130 off eBay. With drops less then 1.75" or so, you can do the $15 rear camber mod instead of having to buy a real camber kit.
and lowered with rims looks far, far better then a body kit.