PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lookin for a 05 STi?

RickDaTuner
05-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Centaur Subaru on Mcleod has one for sale, brand new 05, as displeased as I am with them right now, a car's a car.
From what I understand I bought the last 05 that came to Calgary, this one came from Ontario as overstock, great car if you dont mind some sour grapes when dealing with customer service!:thumbsup:
just wanted to let everyone know

oh and World Rally Blue

Aleks
05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
It bugs me that we can't get deals like this in Calgary. 30 Grand for 2004 STi!!

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=10573591&pgno=1

benyl
05-20-2005, 04:59 PM
sure you can. Just get it shipped over.

It pisses me off that the car has such poor resale value because it was so overpriced to begin with. If the prices stay the same and the Canadian dollar remains high, you can bet the next STi I am getting will be from the states.

Too funny, I got one of the first 2005 in Calgary. Damn, I have had my car for nearly a year already.

Canadian 2.5RS
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl
sure you can. Just get it shipped over.

It pisses me off that the car has such poor resale value because it was so overpriced to begin with. If the prices stay the same and the Canadian dollar remains high, you can bet the next STi I am getting will be from the states.

Too funny, I got one of the first 2005 in Calgary. Damn, I have had my car for nearly a year already.

were you driving down 36th headed north this afernoon? if so I saw you but I was too embarressed because I was in the wife's stratus. :banghead:

on a side note, is anyone going to the BBQ at Subar Calgary on the 26th? Theyre giving away free subi crap and some Subaru Motorsport technical director named Stewart Hoo will be there trying to sell everyone on the STI.

Maybe we could arrange some sort of mini subi meet there.

ICEBERG
05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
WOW.. 2004 STi for 30K? Why such a low resale value?

Seanith
05-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

were you driving down 36th headed north this afernoon?

Was it the dude with the bike/ski rake on the roof? I've seen him a couple of times and was wondering who that is..

Originally posted by ICEBERG

That particular one has pretty high mileage for a 2004, but still 30k is pretty cheap.

JamesE
05-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

If you search most cars in Quebec they tend to be a few grand less, I've been told because the amount of snow they have their and humdity that theres alot of salt on the roads which leads to more possible rust.

GC84ever
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
It bugs me that we can't get deals like this in Calgary. 30 Grand for 2004 STi!!

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=10573591&pgno=1

I'm almost willing to sell my GM6 for that. But classic impreza styling owns.

max_boost
05-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I read on the S2Ki forums that a local guy went down to MOntana and purchased a brand new STi for $44K CDN. This was the final price for everything, taxes, paper work, duties and whatever else is involved in importing a car. This was about 6 weeks ago. Now that is less than the $46995 MSRP from Subaru:eek: U.S models have HID's and no heated seats, I'd rather have HID's anyway.

Subaru honors the warranty, no catches, makes you wonder with the strong dollar, why even buy a new STi here???

However this doesn't apply to all cars, you can't do it with Honda. I enquired about the S2000 and was told, must buy in Canada. You can go to the U.S and buy an S2000, Honda Canada just won't warranty it when you get back here! If I lived close to the border I would take advantage of this i.e. Vancouver and something breaks down, just bring it across the border for warranty work.

benyl
05-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
However this doesn't apply to all cars, you can't do it with Honda. I enquired about the S2000 and was told, must buy in Canada. You can go to the U.S and buy an S2000, Honda Canada just won't warranty it when you get back here! If I lived close to the border I would take advantage of this i.e. Vancouver and something breaks down, just bring it across the border for warranty work.

That is bullshit. Honda Canada has to honour it.

Buying an STI in the states will be the way I purchase the next car I own.

JAYMEZ
05-21-2005, 12:54 AM
^^ Ditto its all about importing from the states these days...

I had the first 04 in Calgary :D

Fluidic
05-21-2005, 02:47 AM
If you buy an STI in the states, does that mean all the gauges and shit are in miles instead of KM?

That's kinda shitty. I'd pay extra, just for the KM. :)

RickDaTuner
05-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic
If you buy an STI in the states, does that mean all the gauges and shit are in miles instead of KM?

That's kinda shitty. I'd pay extra, just for the KM. :)

buy a jdm cluste and sell the mph one every wrx guy wants a STi cluster, just for the rev alarm

max_boost
05-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by benyl

That is bullshit. Honda Canada has to honour it.

Buying an STI in the states will be the way I purchase the next car I own. I know it doesn't make much sense. There was a discussion about it on the S2ki forum, I'll try to find it.

googe
05-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I read on the S2Ki forums that a local guy went down to MOntana and purchased a brand new STi for $44K CDN. This was the final price for everything, taxes, paper work, duties and whatever else is involved in importing a car. This was about 6 weeks ago. Now that is less than the $46995 MSRP from Subaru:eek: U.S models have HID's and no heated seats, I'd rather have HID's anyway.

Subaru honors the warranty, no catches, makes you wonder with the strong dollar, why even buy a new STi here???

Yeah I think hes about the 3rd one to do this in Calgary. Its been disccused a lot on the Subaru forums, and its pretty well known now that buying an STI in Canada is a huge rip-off.

CokerRat
05-21-2005, 11:16 AM
You can buy any car from Ontario and your additional costs are just a one-way plane ticket (~$250) , 3-4 nights motel accommodations ($300-400), meals (~150-200), and 3500 km worth of gas. Makes for a fun road trip, ask me how I know. :) Western Ontario is beautiful. Saskatchewan....not so much.

Caveat though, yes Ontario cars have much worse rust. Not a problem if you're buying an almost-new car or a summer-only car that has been stored properly. Also note that if you buy from a dealer, you will not pay any PST.

C4S
05-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Um .. we can't hardly control the pricing in Canada ... but yes ..anything in Canada .. is expensive comparing to the USA ..

If only 1 or 2 even 3 thousand dollar saving, then who cares? no big deal, but for 3 or 4 or 5 thousand dollar saving .. um ... worth to do the math ... ;)

Most of my Camera gears, I bought from US .. however, when I checked the exchange rate, was $1 : $1.23, my Visa card charged me $1 : $1.29! :eek:

thx God .. I sold my STi more then a yr ago ... :D

FiveFreshFish
05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
Also note that if you buy from a dealer, you will not pay any PST.

Ontario dealers must charge PST if you drive it home. It has to be shipped out of the province to avoid PST.

max_boost
05-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Ontario dealers must charge PST if you drive it home. It has to be shipped out of the province to avoid PST. You sure about that? Can you claim it after?

I've made two purchases in BC and never had to pay PST either time. I drove it back the first time and shipped it the second.

RickDaTuner
05-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by C4S

thx God .. I sold my STi more then a yr ago ... :D

you suck :thumbsdow :angel:

heavyD
05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Have you seen the ugly beak on the 2006 WRX? It's the same one from the Tribeca and looks absolutely horrid. :barf: :barf: :barf: Honestly if you paid designers to make a front end as ugly as possible this would be it. Subaru is making it too easy for potential buyers to opt for the EVO instead, even Road & Track thinks the nose looks horrible. I would hold onto a 2005 because the new corporate nose will make older models more desirable.

Canmorite
05-23-2005, 11:04 AM
It does look gross, but so does the new Evo. I believe the pictures in Road & Track are just computer renderings, so we shouldn't worry TOO much.

heavyD
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
It does look gross, but so does the new Evo.

Mitsubishi put the EVO VII nose which everyone liked better than the EVO VIII back on the EVO IX so it looks better. If you put an EVO IX MR next to an STi most people would say the EVO looks better. I've seen the EVO VIII MR in person and it looks much nicer than the STi. Lets face it, neither car would win a beauty pagent as in these cars it's what's inside that counts.;)

googe
05-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Mitsubishi put the EVO VII nose which everyone liked better than the EVO VIII back on the EVO IX so it looks better. If you put an EVO IX MR next to an STi most people would say the EVO looks better. I've seen the EVO VIII MR in person and it looks much nicer than the STi. Lets face it, neither car would win a beauty pagent as in these cars it's what's inside that counts.;)

haha :werd: , usually i look past the appearance and judge based on performance...but that new 06 sti is just too ugly!

max_boost
05-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I saw the Tribeca at the autoshow and what in the hell are the designers thinking?:nut: :dunno:

Clearly not a way to build up a brand image with that front end as your flagship.

Canmorite
05-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Oh. I was talking about the Evo for the future, not the IX. There's some pictures of it in magazines, it looks horrendous.

jorge
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I was going to buy an STi... but then I got lucky....

This is what I bought instead;... photos at;

http://www.vertigosport.com/argent.html

By the way, the reason why some cars sold in Quebec are so much cheaper than Calgary prices is because they are usualy rebuilts from crashes and they don;t state that on the ad, but will tell you if you ask.
The salt issue is not as bad as most think unless the car is 3 years or older.

GoChris
05-24-2005, 09:41 PM
:eek:

bighead2267
05-24-2005, 09:53 PM
anyone can tell when the Evo is coming to canada??

Fuji
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ Ditto its all about importing from the states these days...

I had the first 04 in Calgary :D

I dun think you had the first one. My friend Marc had the first one. but whats it matter lol

jorge
05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bighead2267
anyone can tell when the Evo is coming to canada??

Evo X, 2007 model year, at least that is what one of the dealers told me that they have cars allocated for.

Seanith
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jorge
I was going to buy an STi... but then I got lucky....

This is what I bought instead

http://www.vertigosport.com/argent.html

Very nice! :thumbsup:
How did you get that setup?

jorge
05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Long story. It is a US model but it is totaly legal with the proper Transport Canada documentation and T.C. sticker on the door and all.