PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League FINAL

/////AMG
05-22-2005, 04:27 AM
Football is almost over now, so might aswell do this thread too.

Milan vs Liverpool
| UEFA Champions League | Wed, 25 May 05, 19:45 |

Who will win?

/////AMG
05-22-2005, 04:30 AM
Me = Man Utd Fan
Man Utd Fans = Liverpool Haters (vice versa):guns:

So I want Milan to win :)

I don't think Shoalin will like this thread haha.

tapout
05-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Me = Man Utd Fan
Man Utd Fans = Liverpool Haters (vice versa):guns:

So I want Milan to win :)

I don't think Shoalin will like this thread haha. :rofl:

shakalaka
05-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Even though I am Man Utd fan, i am still going with Liverpool on this one.

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Milan is much more sound technically than liverpool...so i call milan.

/////AMG
05-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tapout
:rofl:
:dunno:

Aleks
05-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Milan. Schevchenko will own...

cman
05-22-2005, 02:37 PM
im man united. but i would rather the cup in england than anywhere else...except arsenal since they barely use english players anyways.
i chear for any team who his playing an italian team.
liverpool!

pitwipe
05-22-2005, 06:28 PM
LIVERPOOL!!!! "and you'll never walk alone.... you'll neeever walk a....lone!"

What can I say, I'm English. Liverpool all the way. :guns:

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
liverpool will have a tough time beating a veteran Milan defense with the likes of Maldini, Stam and Cafu at the back... especially playing a lone striker in Baros. Park Ji Sung was able to turn that defense inside out with his speed and skill, something Baros does not have.

Liverpool relies strongly on it's defense, which is not bad...but when you're up against the likes of Kaka, Crespo and Shevchenko in an attacking triangle, you are up for a very very long night.

pitwipe
05-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok, time to up the stakes.... I wanna see score predictions. I'll go for a 2-1 Liverpool win. :drama:

Skyline_Addict
05-22-2005, 08:44 PM
2-0 milan.

Shaolin
05-23-2005, 12:43 AM
if you've seen my car, you'd know who I want to win.. since I have the LFC Crest on my back windshield :D

It'll be tough for LFC to win, but they took out Juve and Chelsea.. so as a fan I'm picking my reds.. as a realist, I'd have to say Milan will edge out ON PAPER. Milan played like ass since PSV and they were the same way domestically.. Cisse will be healthy, Baros needs to get transferred, the guy is useless for the team.. So if Milan continues to play like ass, then my red will take it..

/////AMG
05-23-2005, 02:51 AM
3-2 Milan

(What a close poll too)

cman
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
ya Milan "how did he miss that?" Baros needs out of liverpool. he ripped it up in the internationals but hasnt done anything in the EPL.

/////AMG
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
And it begins....:clap: :clap:

pitwipe
05-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Here's to a good game everyone... I'm off down the pub to watch it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

/////AMG
05-25-2005, 12:07 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Kick off in 30-40 mins, some where there.

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
yep, took a vacation day to watch my team! :D

/////AMG
05-25-2005, 01:12 PM
SPOIIIIILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ahahahah milan scored in 50 seconds
now kewel is sent off because his groin is actuing up again, poor garcia gotta play 70minutes!! :eek:

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 01:37 PM
the game's a @%!@% embarassment.. I just want to turn it off but I can't because there's still a chance for my reds to come back.. I just don't want to see Stevie G leave next year, but if they don't win tonight then it's inevitable.

/////AMG
05-25-2005, 01:40 PM
No chance coming back man, 3-0 come on!! I dunno if Gerrard will go but if he does good LOL???

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
WHO SAID THEY COULDN'T COME BACK HUH..

SHUT IT SHUT IT SHUT IT.. 1 MORE TO GO :D

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, 3-3 NOW HAHAHAHAHA.

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Dudek turned from shit to wall in the shootouts.. ONE SAVE AWAY BABY.

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
yes.. MY REDS ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPS!!!!

pitwipe
05-25-2005, 03:40 PM
OMG!!! Liverpool have done it! What an amazing match, just awesome to watch. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best... UEFA... Cup Final... EVER!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/////AMG
05-25-2005, 03:49 PM
well...fuck me!!

That was fucking intense, Liverpool got lucky it would have been 2-3 (ref didn't see the flag for offside so they kept playing).

But what a fucking match, what, a, fucking, match!!:clap: :clap:
I can't give Liverpool any credit on penalties, cause Milan screwed themselves over big time haha.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS. Seems like Gerrard isn't to sure if he wants to stay or not, when they were asking questions and congratulating him, he said, we'll see after talks basically. :eek: If they lose him, Liverpool = down the drain.

Gainsbarre
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, great game. Dudek really cracked me up during the shootout. I've never seen such blatant attempts to distract the penalty takers...kind of surprised that the officials didn't do anything about them. And Schevchenko got OWNED by Dudek on his spotkick!

Shaolin
05-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I really hope Gerrard stays.. but Owen Hargreaves is on his way to Anfield because Hamann rejected the latest contract offer.. with the new found cash they need to solid up the back line, get a good winger, and add another striker on top of Hargreaves because Baros will probably leave because he's useless.

Skyline_Addict
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
wow who knew ANY team could come back 3-0 in a CHAMPS LEAGUE FINAL against MILAN and win!

I don't really care who won, don't like either team, but way to go liverpool!

way to prove the critics wrong!

cman
05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
i have read all about it, and just reading about it made me horny.
to bad i had to work all day, but i am off to watch the video!

/////AMG
05-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Wow, great game. Dudek really cracked me up during the shootout. I've never seen such blatant attempts to distract the penalty takers...kind of surprised that the officials didn't do anything about them. And Schevchenko got OWNED by Dudek on his spotkick!

:werd: He learned that from some big game in 1985.
It's actually smar,t gives you a WAY better chance to save than just standing there and picking a side.

Gainsbarre
05-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG

:werd: He learned that from some big game in 1985.
It's actually smar,t gives you a WAY better chance to save than just standing there and picking a side.

Yeah but I thought that you were only allowed to move back and forth along the line without flapping your arms to distract the penalty taker. I guess if the rules have changed then you'll see every keeper doing what Dudek did. I mean, the Milan players must have been REALLY distracted....Serginho totally Baggioed his spot kick and the other kicks that were on target were quite weak.

/////AMG
05-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Don't know man, even if I do look up the rule it's doubt they will chanhe anything, the whole Football Association is a dick, whatever they say first is the final answer no whats, if but and looking back on cameras.

/////AMG
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone know where I can download the match, even via bitTornado

cman
05-26-2005, 11:20 PM
WOW i just watched it again for the second time.
amazing game, i could not believe what i was seeing. i thought i fell asleep and was dreaming or something.
dudek went from zero to hero after that game, spectacular performance.
I am pretty sure that after winning the CL steve gerrard will be staying. so hamann will be leaving but Baraja>Hamann IMO. also if you get fernando torres, tough chance, that would be a huge replacment for baros and a VERY young talented lad.
then owen hargreaves would be an excellent sub to come on throughout the year.
good job liverpool. see ya in CL 2007

Shaolin
05-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Torres will not leave unless someone forks out like 30 million.. Liverpool can't afford it.. they'll pick up Hargreaves for about 5, they just picked up Reina as Dudek's replacement.. They need to check out Kuyts.. I think he'll be a good striker for liverpool. If they can pick up a winger and another defender on top of a new striker then they'd be good to go. The D's not quick enough and the wingers needs work.. Kewell's a disappointment, Nunez is meh, Garcia is a better forward, and Riise's the only solid winger we have.

I can go on forever talking about my team, but I'm not gonna go off topic.

cman
05-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Torres wants to leave at madrid, doesnt want to play in spain and is good friends with Alonso and Garcia, and Benitez thinks highly of him, and he said many times, liverpool is his favored club to go to, even before we won the CL, but yah it will cost you a lot.

but CL money + money we get for Baros, maybe Moro too, money for kewell (if anyone wants him lol), money for hamann, you will have plenty to spend so who knows.

cman
05-26-2005, 11:46 PM
how about gerrard at RB in the game, he dominated!!!! that was a brilliant move by benitez

Reina
Finnan Carra Hyyppia Evra
Gerrard Alonso Rocisky Vicente
Cisse Torres

have that squad next year and you could compete for the top 2 places in the EPL for sure.

pitwipe
05-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Top 2 places? That'll be tough. Chelsea, Man U and the Arse are going to be right up there for sure. And let's not forget next season HAS to be Tottenham's return to form! (Oh god I hope so....)
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Skyline_Addict
05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
i don't know about that cman....

Good team, but you can't just rule out Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal taking the top three with ease.

/////AMG
05-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Gerrard stay and now will make 20 million pounds over 4 years (100,000 quid a week) :eek:

Shaolin
05-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I can't see Torres coming.. but I wasn't aware of his friendship with Alonso and Garcia.. he'll just be too costly.. the money needs to go the new midfielders and defensive backs.. Hyypia's not getting any younger, and the back still needs to be strengthened.. I haven't checked up on my news yet, but I'll take AMG's word for it since he's in England haha.. That's good that he's staying, the team needs to be built around him and Alonso.. I'm very excited to see what next year will bring for my team.