PDA

View Full Version : MenTaL has my money

GiveMeMyMoney
05-22-2005, 10:18 AM
These speakers?

http://www.groundpilots.com/forums/...pic.php?t=22352
Nope. The ones she Gave me were cheap 20 dollar koss speakers. I plugged them in and they didn't even work. They were for the PC. The ones I'm selling now are TOWER speakers for the house. Why don't you go troll somewhere else. Get a fucking life already.

The above was posted by MenTaL, since I cannot post in the marketplace I would like to include my intended reply here:

Dave you are lying, do you know this? It's very sad that you are trying to justify not paying by making up excuses and different scenarios in your head.

When I gave you those speakers you thanked me profusely because you used them to FIX the more expensive speakers (which DID NOT work) that you had bought off of ebay. Do not try to diminish the gesture by saying they were "cheap" koss speakers.

If the speakers had not worked when you received them I kinda would've come back and gotten them so that agrument is a bit flawed eh.

Why don't you just start being a decent human being, like some of us thought you were in the first place.
Be a man Dave, stand up to your word and just fucking pay me.

Neil4Speed
05-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey man,

Just wondering what happened? I don't quite understand the situation. Maybe me just being daft :rolleyes:

GiveMeMyMoney
05-22-2005, 10:34 AM
no man, I'm a girl heh.

I met Dave through a motorcycle forum (groundpilots.com) almost 3 years ago. Met him at a few BBQ's and through volunteering for a kids foundation. He even had a bunch of us over to his house for dinner a few times.

I talked to him on msn occasionally after meeting him and he mentioned to me that he was pissed off because he had bought a set of speakers off of ebay and they didn't even work. I happened to have an old pair lying around so I offered them to him. At this point he said he didn't have any money left because he just paid for the ones on ebay so I told him to pay me on his next paycheque, he agreed. As far as payment goes I told him to pay me what the gesture was worth to him, although I did make it very clear that I expected some sort of cash reimbursment (around 30 dollars)

I know the speakers worked, and after I gave them to him he told me he was able to fix the broken ones off of ebay using the parts from the speakers I gave him.

The next few months after this his relationship with everyone on the bike forum rapidly fell apart due to his paranoia that the world is out to get him. We really just wanted him to behave with some tact. Either way I kept reminding him of the payment due until one day he just disappeared and didn't receive my calls anymore.

I can appreciate the fact that Dave had some problems in his life but this DOES NOT justify not paying someone who only tried to help you. I realize the money may be more important to him then someone's respect and friendship, but I am still waiting for him to prove me otherwise.

If you or anyone would like to know anymore please send me a pm or just ask :) Thanks, J

GTS Jeff
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
If I give you $30, will you shut up and drop it?

hahaha just kidding, I am as cheap as you evidently are.

GTS Jeff
05-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyway, good luck on getting your $30 back.

TaiChino
05-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Maybe you got off cheap? Like the old saying goes, if all it took was $30 to get rid of this guy, he'll never talk to you again, maybe it was a good thing.

BumpinTalon
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
here I thought it was going to be some huge amount of money, like a few hundred bucks or maybe a few thousand.
in any case, just ask him to buy you a case of beer and call it even.

d-UNiT
05-22-2005, 01:54 PM
she might enjoy coolers better :rolleyes:

Lexxan
05-22-2005, 01:55 PM
lol over $30...

5hift
05-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Its sad that you would have to make a thread over a $30 dispute.

Its even more sad that a friend does you a favor and you accept it when you need the help, but then cheap out like a little bitch later on when you can easily come up with the flow ( I mean how broke do you have to be to not be able to come up with $30 ).

schurchill39
05-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Man you guys are assholes. It looks like shes not all that pissed about the money as much as she is about buddy not holding his word. I would be pissed over 5$ if some one whom i thought was a good person refused to pay me back. Its the principle of the matter not the actual money. Remember what your parents used to tell you guys: "if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all." I think some of you need to stick to that.

Anyways i hope you get this situation sorted out. Good luck

Talies R
05-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I would have just given him the speakers for free.

GiveMeMyMoney
05-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Man you guys are assholes. It looks like shes not all that pissed about the money as much as she is about buddy not holding his word. I would be pissed over 5$ if some one whom i thought was a good person refused to pay me back. Its the principle of the matter not the actual money. Remember what your parents used to tell you guys: "if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all." I think some of you need to stick to that.

Anyways i hope you get this situation sorted out. Good luck

This is exactly right. It's not really the money I'm concerned about it's the principle of the thing. Dave gave me his word and I'm still waiting. He's obviously still around, I know this from the forum and talking to other people that know him. Even if he chose to handle this differently I wouldn't have a problem, I mean sure buy me some coolers or take me out for a drink, I don't really care I just want to be reimbursed for what I helped him out with. I would like to believe that he is capable of being the good person that he tries so hard to come off as.

:drama:

5hift
05-22-2005, 03:01 PM
For something like this, the solution to the problem could as simple as taking a girl out for a few drinks. Sounds like a really rough situation Dave.

Its pretty sad you would bring her to the point where she feels the need to make the issue public.

AcuraTl
05-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

MenteL
05-22-2005, 04:53 PM
:nut: Where does one start?

If you would have read my Private Messages to you I told you I'd give you the damn 20 bucks. Secondly, those things did not even work, I tossed them out an hour after I got them hooked up.

I even brought lunch and cooked it for you, because you are a woman who doesn't know how to throw a pizza in the oven and press COOK. You want to try to pull shit with me? How many cgp'ers did you make rounds with over the past 3 years? Hrmmmmmmm?

MenteL
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
By the way, what exactly is going on in your head to start beating a horse that has been dead for almost 2 years?

MenteL
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
If I give you $30, will you shut up and drop it?

hahaha just kidding, I am as cheap as you evidently are. :burnout:

finboy
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
oh snap, Ground pilots drama bs is spilling into beyond, c'moooon moderators, do your thing :rofl:

MenteL
05-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by finboy
oh snap, Ground pilots drama bs is spilling into beyond, c'moooon moderators, do your thing :rofl: lol. I left that squid hole last year. You're not cool unless you endorse stunting in traffic and wreckless riding. I thought its funny how they strive to be safe and project a good image, yet when I'm on deerfoot every saturday night to do sign changes I get the same group of guys whizz past me doing a buck sixty sporting a giant reflective CGP sticker on their helmet. Eventually darwin will win.

Gondi Stylez
05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
:love:

JAYMEZ
05-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Why dont you two keep it to PMS or call each other? :closed:

MenteL
05-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Why dont you two keep it to PMS or call each other? :closed: It's not me starting the b.s. here. She's the one being pissy about something that doesn't matter.

'givememymoney'-
And as far as promises and keeping my word? Please tell me when I said those things. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

GucciBoy
05-23-2005, 01:32 AM
This is hilarious.

How old are both of you? This happened over 2yrs ago? wow :burnout:

BTW: Givememymoney, love your name haha :) i love it. And the link didnt work for me :(

Maxt
05-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
lol. I left that squid hole last year. You're not cool unless you endorse stunting in traffic and wreckless riding. I thought its funny how they strive to be safe and project a good image, yet when I'm on deerfoot every saturday night to do sign changes I get the same group of guys whizz past me doing a buck sixty sporting a giant reflective CGP sticker on their helmet. Eventually darwin will win.
This place is no different, I have witnessed more than once, some of the more flagrant beyond members doing on the streets exactly what they preach against on the board.... Do as I say and not as I do apparently... I think you will find every board is like that though just to keep the cops at bay from trying to shut it down...Maxt

SOAB
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
lol. I left that squid hole last year. You're not cool unless you endorse stunting in traffic and wreckless riding. I thought its funny how they strive to be safe and project a good image, yet when I'm on deerfoot every saturday night to do sign changes I get the same group of guys whizz past me doing a buck sixty sporting a giant reflective CGP sticker on their helmet. Eventually darwin will win.

what i find funny is how big you talk on message boards, yet to meet you in person, you would barely speak to anyone....

e-penis is bigger than real life huh?

GucciBoy
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

what i find funny is how big you talk on message boards, yet to meet you in person, you would barely speak to anyone....

e-penis is bigger than real life huh?

LMAO - maybe hes just living up to his SN - Mental haha:D

AllGoNoShow
05-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Maybe the rest of Beyond doesn't fucking care and you should take it to PM or the telephone?

Its not like were going to chip in $5 a person here to get you your money back because we feel sorry for you... We may do it to get you to be quiet bitching here isn't going to do anything.

jumperman8
05-23-2005, 08:04 PM
haha, this thread is gay.:thumbsup:

pitwipe
05-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Are the speakers working yet?

LOL!! Come on, this is better than the soaps on TV. :drama:

EK 2.0
05-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Since this thread seems to be going no where AND can be handled thru PM's...we are gonna close this and let the two parties involved deal with it thru those means...or just walk away from it...

so closed...