PDA

View Full Version : My effin All Trac

CelicaST-162
05-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Since this section is the closest thing related to my car, I thought I'd share you guys a little story about my ST-165...

Bought her in FEB 05, drove it for four weeks and the clutch was blown. It turns out the retainer for the spring on the disk sheared off letting a spring drop into the clutch assembly. That explains it not being able to go into gear LOL. Purchased a SPEC Stage II clutch, got her put in and while we were in there, replaced the gasket for the seal housing, rear main seal was replaced, oil pan was resealed. Drove it for a few days and noticed a nasty coolant leak, I mean this shit was running out. I stopped driving the car, found that it was the waterneck that was leaking...replaced the gasket which was a huge PITA. A few days later, there was another big nasty leak, now it was the driver side axle seal, replaced that and the next day there was another nasty oil leak dripping in that same area WTF!! Now it was engine oil....not a good sign...Put her up on my hoist next morning washed it off, and ran it...oil was dripping between the bellhousing and engine...My worst nightmare came true, it was the rear main that was leaking. Pull off the rear main and low and behold someone had installed it wrong. After that was done, tranny was reinstalled and the fucker wont go into gear....WTF? Same symptons as the blown clutch (see above). Somehow, the release bearing fell off the fork so the transmission has to come off AGAIN...and this is the 3rd time for some that dont know....

End of rant LOL

I hate this car...but love it to death:(

stealth
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear man, best of luck to you.

Redlyne_mr2
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Youre braver than I am, I could never own one of those cars.

BokCh0y
05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
hands down to you pal. i know what you mean when you say you hate it but love it.....i had a 1990 Corolla GTS......started off all good then towards then end.....problems galore. something new everyday.

good luck though pal. hope it all works out.

youngbex
05-23-2005, 04:55 PM
he is very brave LOL

Ek9Max
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
yikes! hope my mr2 doesn't go through that.

CelicaST-162
05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Update, everything has been sorted out....boosting at 9 psi and loving it since tuesday! Clutch grabs nice and hard, thanks tunerworks!

GT-FOUR
05-27-2005, 11:48 AM
:) :)

zain123
06-22-2005, 03:43 AM
mine shud be ready late july when i get back :)
am going with exeddy clutch though i think
we ll c .. i ll definately msg u once i get bak :thumbsup:

GT4 :clap: