PDA

View Full Version : Why does this always seem to happen to Supras?

CryoCarnage
05-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't know why this always happens but people alwyas look at the MK3's and act as if it isnt a real supra. I mean comon juist because people have only seen a supra in F&F which was a mk4 shuldnt give people the right to give them the cold shoulder. Anyoen care to elaborate?

theken
05-23-2005, 02:10 PM
you really didnt make any point to elaborate on expand your thinking to make it a discussion not just a blank statement
fandf supra sucks

civicrider
05-23-2005, 02:16 PM
WTF...
i dont know anyone who looks at a supra and says it isnt a real supra, MK3's are just ugly and dont impress anyone, they are cheap and not as rare as the MK4. its not that there not REAL supras its because there nothing to get excited about.

Ed the SOHC
05-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
I don't know why this always happens but people alwyas look at the MK3's and act as if it isnt a real supra. I mean comon juist because people have only seen a supra in F&F which was a mk4 shuldnt give people the right to give them the cold shoulder. Anyoen care to elaborate?

All Your Base Are Belong To Us!

BumpinTalon
05-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
WTF...
i dont know anyone who looks at a supra and says it isnt a real supra, MK3's are just ugly and dont impress anyone, they are cheap and not as rare as the MK4. its not that there not REAL supras its because there nothing to get excited about.

:werd:

CalgarySupra
05-23-2005, 05:23 PM
yeah i know supraforums.com has some bias towards the newer kind. even though most people on there have the older ones. who cares really.

and mr civic rider. in my supra collection i have 92 which was more rare then any year of the newer types ones. when crusing in both 93's (the last one sold last week) I had people didnt even know what they were. they thought toyota came out with a new sports car.

the secret is to keep a supra stocking looking or just clean stock if you want attention. if you want girls too.

Rowdy
05-23-2005, 06:21 PM
WTF...

You mean kinda like civics and integra's, nothing to really get that excited about?:rofl:

Mad$ella
05-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Rowdy

You mean kinda like civics and integra's, nothing to really get that excited about?:rofl:

Hahahahha :rofl:
If its not a MUSTANG, I aint interested... thats just me tho

ninjak84
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
Anyoen care to elaborate?

Yes.
The MK3 Supra's aren't anywhere near as nice as the MK4.

I think that wraps this thread up...

civicrider
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM

wow you hit me where it hurts. :rofl: your right though they are nothing to get excited about, theres a million of them. but one with the mods my civic has gets alot more attention then any acura TL:thumbsup: and its not people making fun of it its complements but thanks for comming out bud.

Originally posted by CalgarySupra
yeah i know supraforums.com has some bias towards the newer kind. even though most people on there have the older ones. who cares really.

and mr civic rider. in my supra collection i have 92 which was more rare then any year of the newer types ones. when crusing in both 93's (the last one sold last week) I had people didnt even know what they were. they thought toyota came out with a new sports car.

the secret is to keep a supra stocking looking or just clean stock if you want attention. if you want girls too.

maybe 92 is more rare but they are still so damn ugly and boxy:barf: if someone doesnt know what a 93+ supra is they are clearly car dumb and their opinion doesnt matter, just like the girls you pick up in the old supras "tee hee is that a sports car :rofl: "

i do agree if you keep the newer supras MOSTLY stock they are alot better then the decked out ones

Rowdy
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
LOL, you sure do miss the point.

It's about showing a little respect to other car enthusiasts. Just as you mention your car is a dime a dozen, but it didn't become something worthy of compliments until you saw some potential in it. Kind of like MK3 Supra's. Nice car when it came out, still a decent used car, bone stock. But it was always to heavy to be a serious track car. But guys see the potential and with a few mods they are amazing. Just look at some of the clean MK3's that some Beyond members drive. The power that car is capable of making and the quiet solid feeling they have at high speeds is hard not to love. So just consider that before you start blowing a car off as "nothing to get excited about", like you said neither was your civic until you did something to it.

And yeah my TL is rather subdued, but the 260 hp vtec makes the big sedan more enjoyable than you might think, and when I smell the leather and sit in climate controled comfort, i never get that upset about not being the center of attention.

BB6SE
05-23-2005, 08:05 PM
how many 92 Supras were produced?
why is it so rare?

HondaRice
05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
i think about 1100. there were about 15 in canada.

insomnia
05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Supra is a supra is a supra.

7M-GTE still rocks, and its how old?

HondaRice
05-23-2005, 11:11 PM
they starting making them 20 years ago i think

88CRX
05-23-2005, 11:14 PM
if your building a car for attention from othesr then your in the whole scene for completely the wrong reason :thumbsdow

mk4 > mk3

civicrider
05-23-2005, 11:32 PM
LOL, you sure do miss the point.

It's about showing a little respect to other car enthusiasts. Just as you mention your car is a dime a dozen, but it didn't become something worthy of compliments until you saw some potential in it. Kind of like MK3 Supra's. Nice car when it came out, still a decent used car, bone stock. But it was always to heavy to be a serious track car. But guys see the potential and with a few mods they are amazing. Just look at some of the clean MK3's that some Beyond members drive. The power that car is capable of making and the quiet solid feeling they have at high speeds is hard not to love. So just consider that before you start blowing a car off as "nothing to get excited about", like you said neither was your civic until you did something to it.

And yeah my TL is rather subdued, but the 260 hp vtec makes the big sedan more enjoyable than you might think, and when I smell the leather and sit in climate controled comfort, i never get that upset about not being the center of attention.

i think you missunderstood my posts, he asked why "peope" think that MK3's arnt supras and i told him why, thats the perspective from alot of people. i can respect any ride someone drives or mods any car has potential. and i wasnt bashing your TL just proving a point i test drove one of those and damn are they smooth just like a BMW:thumbsup:

civicrider
05-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
if your building a car for attention from othesr then your in the whole scene for completely the wrong reason :thumbsdow

mk4 > mk3

never said thats why i built it but thats the reaction i got, i built my cars based on what i liked, if i wanted aproval i probably would have left my car almost stock and only put on mugen wheels and other JDM stuff because thats what seems to be popular

88CRX
05-23-2005, 11:37 PM

never said thats why i built it but thats the reaction i got, i built my cars based on what i liked, if i wanted aproval i probably would have left my car almost stock and only put on mugen wheels and other JDM stuff because thats what seems to be popular

i wasnt even refering to you :rofl:

the origonal poster is wondering why his car doesnt turn heads everywhere :dunno:

finboy
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM

exactly

Obscura
05-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

All Your Base Are Belong To Us!

:rofl:

BB6SE
05-24-2005, 01:25 AM
1100 produced that year for 92's??
there were 284 Supras produced for the 1996 model year.
and 88 out of those were turbo models.
i think the 96's were more rare.

HondaRice
05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
well i was ready toyota production numbers for usa. maybe we have different sources. either i have seen more newer type supras in calgary then a 92 or even a 91

civicrider, your telling me these cars are ugly?

http://www.musclecarclub.com/other-cars/imports/toyota-supra/images/toyota-supra-1992a.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/images/CustomerVehicles/small/5117_1491.JPG

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/1992/Toyota/11629/010131-T.jpg

civicrider
05-24-2005, 11:54 AM
i never said i didnt like them i said thats why people dont apreciate them like the MK4's. i actualy dont like them anyway but im not going to hate on you if you like them. why i dont like them? i have my reasons

jumperman8
05-24-2005, 11:55 AM
^^^^ LOL, nice pictures, any of those rides yours?

HondaRice
05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
no none of are mine. calgarysupra's one looks exactly like the white one. i drive a 88 supra

maybe 92 is more rare but they are still so damn ugly and boxy:barf: if someone doesnt know what a 93+ supra is they are clearly car dumb and their opinion doesnt matter, just like the girls you pick up in th....

88CRX
05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice

civicrider, your telling me these cars are ugly?

no one thinks there ugly.... its just that mk4's look a hell of alot sexier :thumbsup:

HondaRice
05-24-2005, 01:14 PM
you have to remember the mIII supras where designed 20 years ago. and the new supras where designed future proof. i mean what a car comes out today that looks as good a newer type supra that will make for 10 years in production. these supras are the 2002 model year man. when they made that new style they made for 2002.

BB6SE
05-24-2005, 01:21 PM
those are USA numbers i put also.

88CRX
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice
you have to remember the mIII supras where designed 20 years ago. and the new supras where designed future proof. i mean what a car comes out today that looks as good a newer type supra that will make for 10 years in production. these supras are the 2002 model year man. when they made that new style they made for 2002.

yes..... are you saying we should judge them with a handicapt then :rofl:

crazydave
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM

yes..... are you saying we should judge them with a handicapt then :rofl:
:werd: there should be a handicapt put on them! they are amazing cars for the year they came out.:drool:

huffer
05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
My only opinion on this matter would be that I have been in Alberta for about 5 years now (combination of Edmonton and Calgary) and have only seen one other mkIV on the road other than mine nad it was a plain jane white one driving down Groat Rd. in E-Town. Defiantely makes you turn your head, wow becuase they are so rare in this area. I have seen many mkIII and I think the negative attention comes from the many on the road with a greater percentage of those being POS from a take care of point of view. Which would entail them not to look as interesting as the MKIV.....