PDA

View Full Version : CPS in action @ Macleod/Anderson

nismodrifter
05-23-2005, 06:26 PM
anyone see CPS pullin over a bunch of cars within a couple hundred meters in front of Avenida mall on northbound macleod??? There was 2 cars pulled over within about 100m of each other and also spotted an officer on motorcycle with sirens on chasing down another person...nutz0rs!!

Also spotted photoradar on deerfoot today....I was going at the limit and spotted a rather normal looking red Chrysler van with hazards on sittin in the shoulder...looked like any normal driver pulled over to talk on the phone or something...drive by the thing and radar is in there nailin people...had me f00led f0r sure. I think they do need it on deerfoot though considering the number of people who are rippin through the fast lane at speeds of like ~140 km/h...hopefully the nice fine will teach some of those idiots a lesson

googe
05-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
anyone see CPS pullin over a bunch of cars within a couple hundred meters in front of Avenida mall on northbound macleod??? There was 2 cars pulled over within about 100m of each other and also spotted an officer on motorcycle with sirens on chasing down another person...nutz0rs!!

Also spotted photoradar on deerfoot today....I was going at the limit and spotted a rather normal looking red Chrysler van with hazards on sittin in the shoulder...looked like any normal driver pulled over to talk on the phone or something...drive by the thing and radar is in there nailin people...had me f00led f0r sure. I think they do need it on deerfoot though considering the number of people who are rippin through the fast lane at speeds of like ~140 km/h...hopefully the nice fine will teach some of those idiots a lesson

hmm, i heard it was illegal for them to run those vans with hazards on

Kirbs17
05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Seriously? The last 4 photorader CPS ive seen have all had their 4-ways on

Akagi Redsuns
05-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Seen one with the 4-ways on but parked in the left shoulder lane. Odd.

AllGoNoShow
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Your allowed to put 4 ways on if it will help improve your safety ont he side of the road when you are pulled over. The issue CPS and other police services were having, is they had thier 4 ways on, hood popped and a tire jacked up as if they were chanign a flat, but photoradar was on inside the van, it was giving people a false illusion of other peoples safety and providing assistance. Make any sense?

kenny
05-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Someone with a big truck should pull up beside the van with hazards on (blocking the camera of course) then ask if they need any assistance.

Z_Fan
05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
I thought it was illegal - period - to stop on deerfoot! Unless it was a problem with the vehicle, etc. :dunno:

youngbex
05-23-2005, 08:44 PM
cops are above the law, if you try and say anything they will give you more tickets:thumbsdow

kaput
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM

Aleks
05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Those things are so obvious parked on deerfoot. I see them all the time with the flashers on. It's pretty hard to miss them unless there is heavy traffic! Anyways, 100km/h on deerfoot is rediculous but I won't get into that now...

googe
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
haha i guess if anything its a good thing they use the flashers, theyre pretty easy to spot already, thatll just make them that much harder to miss

inline6turbo
05-23-2005, 11:00 PM

ya i made a thread about the beige ford excursion they had pulling people over. it was him and a dark purple ghost car right infront of avenida. took me by surprise to see two in such a short space. :burnout:

86max
05-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

lol....we pulled over for a few minutes in avenida, giving us the opprotunity to catch on to their little scheme.....they had an officer standing on the canyon meadows bridge catching all the speeders from above, then getting on his radio and telling one of four un-marked crown vics to come out of avenida and snag them. They had a good little rotation going on, sneaky fuckers haha.

dymz999
05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
uhmmm hate to burst your bubble they'll be doing their "swarm patrols" soon since its summer. for those of you who dont know.

1 marked cruiser on an over pass on deerfoot.

anywhere from 8 to 14 police motorbikes which are signalled to pull over certain drivers. I've seen this done a few times and its crazy.

ryder_23
05-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
uhmmm hate to burst your bubble they'll be doing their "swarm patrols" soon since its summer. for those of you who dont know.

1 marked cruiser on an over pass on deerfoot.

anywhere from 8 to 14 police motorbikes which are signalled to pull over certain drivers. I've seen this done a few times and its crazy.

I hate to burst your bubble. But they do that year round. They have a man running laser on an overpass, and i dont know where u got your figures, But they have pull over units, usually unmarked cars, or like u said bikes in the summer. its nothing new.

Shoebox//Racer
05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
GPomp and i saw this on Macloed... It was actually pretty dirty.... They had a ghost car and truck parked on the side of the exit lane from Canyon Meadows Dr to Macloed North so no traffic heading north could see the cars.

Then they had one guy on the over pass with a radar/laser gun.

And as soon as he tagged someone he'd radio it to one of the ghost cars which would then chase the guy down and pull him over...

Infact the GMC Tan colored Ghost car Pulled out right infront of me as i was going down the ramp. I thought he had just pulled over and something was wrong as his hazards were on. I didnt know it was a ghost car at first, then all of a sudden the lights start going. and he's chasing down somebody.

dymz999
05-24-2005, 12:13 PM
when they do it with bikes they are pulling over 60 or more people in a hour all the time. its not very nice at all lol. then again you generally need to be going 15+ to get yanked.

Godfuader
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

I hate to burst your bubble. But they do that year round. They have a man running laser on an overpass, and i dont know where u got your figures, But they have pull over units, usually unmarked cars, or like u said bikes in the summer. its nothing new.

Southbound deerfoot at 64Ave overpass North. Units are on the off ramp. Slow down there! :thumbsup:

Aleks
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer
GPomp and i saw this on Macloed... It was actually pretty dirty.... They had a ghost car and truck parked on the side of the exit lane from Canyon Meadows Dr to Macloed North so no traffic heading north could see the cars.

Then they had one guy on the over pass with a radar/laser gun.

And as soon as he tagged someone he'd radio it to one of the ghost cars which would then chase the guy down and pull him over...

Infact the GMC Tan colored Ghost car Pulled out right infront of me as i was going down the ramp. I thought he had just pulled over and something was wrong as his hazards were on. I didnt know it was a ghost car at first, then all of a sudden the lights start going. and he's chasing down somebody.

Some day they will cause an accident and kill someone with their big SUVs LOL. What would happen if you rearened them as they pulled out in front of you?

djstefan
05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
If you see a car on the side of the road, always slow down.

Also, I have seen the photoradar on the 70 zone with construction on Deer Foot. Good thing they put it there cause too many innocent workers are being run over by drivers who don't care.

retro-steve
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
well for every one who calls radar "sneaky" and "unfair" just remember, if you go the posted speed limit they are no bother to you. i'm not saying i always go the speed limit, i've received a ticket for 48 over but when they do catch me i don't think it's unfair at all. if you are going over the speed limit, prepare to accept the consequences. sometimes i will agree that speed limits are rediculously low (elbow drive 50/40k) but until that changes we'll have to live with it.

and now to be on topic...

when ever you see a car on the side of the road where it normally shouldn't be (deerfoot, crowchild, sarcee, etc..) always slow down (if you're speeding) as it is generally a photo radar. i noticed that now they use a lot more minivans for photo radar when they used to use almost every thing. i remember a beat up old pickup parked on elbow with a bunch of other cars that was a photo radar, now that's clever!

most of the time ghost cars are easy to pick out...usually has heavily tinted back windows, the black fleet sticker on the plate, going the speed limit, generally found on macleod or deerfoot, and almost always in the RH lane. the only time i've ever questioned a ghost car was this white RAV-4 on macleod by southcentre that i kept wondering if it was or not until some one flew by us and he pulled him over. now i'm cautious about RAV's on macleod.

JeremyD
05-26-2005, 04:06 PM
What would happen if you rearened them as they pulled out in front of you?

I think you would be royally fucked.

I wonder how often this happens?

Jesus
05-29-2005, 02:43 PM
It was by far the coolest thing ever. I was picking up my girlfriend at Southcenter, and the CPS has cars pulled over all over the road, all the way up to anderson. When we were coming back, you could see the guy on the bridge, and about 4 squad cars on the northbound off-ramp from canyon meadows drive. Absolutely genius! Also, they tend to run a wicked checkstop on the southbound lane on Mcleod trail, just past canyon meadows. There's no way to turn away, and you don't even see it until you get past the bridge, and it's too late :D bahaha