PDA

View Full Version : Ghost cops.... getting smart

inline6turbo
05-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Saw today a beige ford excursion ghost car on macleod at canyon meadows....

omg you just cant tell at all until those lights go on... i was lucky he pulled over a guy in front of me... scared the shit outta me thats for sure.

so keep an eye out for him! :thumbsup:

boostless
05-23-2005, 09:19 PM
if ur approaching from behind, jus look for the black liscence plate sticker...
not ALL cars wiht the black sticker are cops
but ALL cop cars hav the black sticker (fleet insurance)

TurboMedic
05-24-2005, 12:10 AM
The excursions are TAC normally.....traffic has unmarked cars only

inline6turbo
05-24-2005, 12:27 AM
well it was a big beige ford and had a million and a half lights and had pulled over a car.... seems traffic to me

BlkMaxima
05-24-2005, 12:30 AM
I have noticed that their excursions also have that gay Quinn alarms sticker on the back windowS

lilboykorea
05-24-2005, 12:41 AM
ive been pulled over by the tac excursion
theyarent for dedicated trafic purposes but they will pull you over for going fast
the cops driving had cool gear on tho, they looked like swat haha

Kaos
05-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by lilboykorea
ive been pulled over by the tac excursion
theyarent for dedicated trafic purposes but they will pull you over for going fast
the cops driving had cool gear on tho, they looked like swat haha

The excursions are used for the SWAT team and I guess other reasons too. :poosie:

BubbaSTi
05-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah there is a black SWAT Excursion that comes through my Tim Hortons alot. It looks like he is 20 years old. I always think that it is his dad who lets him drive it or something like that.

Never got the balls to ask him though.

TurboMedic
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
OK, I think alot of you are confused.....TAC is SWAT....we don't call them SWAT, we call them TAC.....They are cops just like all the rest, and will pull you over for doing the same shit. They do have Quinn alarms in them, in fact even the chiefs Jeep has one, plus alot of the K-9 cars too...why, I don't know, but they do (I was working there when we installed a bunch)....Anyhow, any sworn officer can pull you over or charge you with whatever part of the law book they want, they don't have to be part of a certain section....

Kaos
05-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
OK, I think alot of you are confused.....TAC is SWAT....we don't call them SWAT, we call them TAC.....They are cops just like all the rest, and will pull you over for doing the same shit. They do have Quinn alarms in them, in fact even the chiefs Jeep has one, plus alot of the K-9 cars too...why, I don't know, but they do (I was working there when we installed a bunch)....Anyhow, any sworn officer can pull you over or charge you with whatever part of the law book they want, they don't have to be part of a certain section....

TAC = SWAT, same shit different pile.

djstefan
05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Got pulled over by a Gunmetal/ Metallic Brown one before on Memorial. They had no idea how fast I was going but gave me a "clocked" speeding ticket.

Went to fight it in court and the crown said there was an irregularity on the ticket and that I could go home cause it was gonna be squashed.

An older guy was driving and a younger kid on the passenger side. The older guy was really nice to me, but the younger one was a total a$$. And they had the SWAT jackets on and the guns and stuff on the back seat.

Clever
05-24-2005, 01:16 PM
yeah i saw this ghost car on macleod right by the avenida at around 6:30 - 7:00 pm last night, i would've never guessed.

AliXJ
05-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Monday evening around 6:30pm, there was a marked explorer pulled off (facing west) at the start off the canyon meadows drive bridge (over Macleod) He was standing in the middle part of the bridge with radar gun and clocking cars on Macleod from above. How does that work? Does he radio up? Seems it would be a easy ticket to beat? Very tricky though!

2002civic
05-24-2005, 04:23 PM
^^i believe he then gets in and chases you down if im not mistaken, and how would that be an easy one to beat? theyve also had ppl on the bridges of deerfoot with radar and then radioing ahead

Supa Dexta
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Yesterday^... (the holiday) in which there was hardly ANY traffic in the city) there was two motorcycle cops down by the douglasdale exit.. they were just getting there when I was going south, but when I was heading north an hour later they were radaring and getting everyone... And get this, one guy stands on the side with the gun, the other stands in the middle of the road and flags them over... So since the construction speed limit is 70 and they are speeding, this guy is jumping out in front of cars going 75+ atleast.....

:thumbsup:

schurchill39
05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

TAC = SWAT, same shit different pile.

No No No NO!! its same pile different shit. Think about it. Pile = category, shit = subject. Same category different subject (example: sports being category, hockey and baseball being different subjects.) SAME PILE DIFFERENT SHIT!