PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Calgary Drives/Rides

badMotoFinga
05-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Do ya ever get bored to $h!t at night and feel like goin for a late night drive/ride. What are some scenic routes around calgary that you recommend? I remember back round grad we got a limo and we took a real nice scenic route around Calgary. But I dont remember the route. Anyone got some nice routes in mind?

max_boost
05-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Yah I am bored out of my mind on some nights. I just get into the car and drive anywhere and everywhere. :nut:

C4S
05-24-2005, 01:13 AM
17 ave? downtown? airport? Macleod trail? :confused:

where else?:dunno:

AllGoNoShow
05-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Yah man, go watch the planes at night

Christmas time there is always christmas lights, everywhere

Halloween same thing

nismodrifter
Forest Lawn

ecstasy_civic
I just got back from the airport and surrounding area.

Team_Mclaren
05-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Yah man, go watch the planes at night

Christmas time there is always christmas lights, everywhere

Halloween same thing

wheres a good palce to watch the planes at night?
barlow??

I usually go up nose hill by 14st. Theres a parking lot where you can see most of the city, looks awesome at night

cman
05-24-2005, 01:20 AM
^^^ werd, awesome location!

badMotoFinga
05-24-2005, 01:38 AM
yah places like that ... got any others? .. what are the roads exactly? ... i wanna know the ones that overlook downtown at night .. yeeeeahh

wildrice
05-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Forest Lawn
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tapout
05-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Forest Lawn lol i agree lots of action in the hood:guns:

GucciBoy
05-24-2005, 03:40 AM
i drive to airdrie

finboy
05-24-2005, 06:21 AM
crescent hill, nose hill, pretty much any hill :dunno:

szw
05-24-2005, 07:59 AM
anywhere with hookers

eb0i
05-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't mind driving along Sarcee towards COP at night. Gives a nice view of the city.

BumpinTalon
05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Take crowchild/highway 1A to the 22X, head north a long way, turn right onto the road heading into Airdrie. really nice up there, all gentle hills and greenery, then come back into Calgary heading south from Airdrie (can't remember the right road).
Either that, or just cruise along the trans canada, west, way west, into the mountains.

civicrider
05-24-2005, 11:12 AM
i go down 17th lots of nice cars and stuff to see, also theres a road right above memorial that gives you a great view of downtown.

jumperman8
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Forest Lawn

hahahahahahhahaha, ya forest lawn is a great drive aroudn 1-2 am, lots of stuff to see lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AllGoNoShow
05-24-2005, 11:46 AM
I dunno what the name of the road is but its right after the Timmys going towards the NE, there is a little spot beside the run way could probably fit 30 cars or so, always people watching and sleeping there

Looks pretty cool at night, but even ebtter is to get on the plane and look at Calgary from that.

And for the people who posted the Scenery, I got a question, how the hell do you see that shit in the middle of the night? Unless its got good mooonlighting or something i don't see how it can be so spectacular considering its black outside:dunno:

JordanEG6
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
i like going right, off mcknight before 12th st. to watch planes

i usually drive on macleod, all over downtown, especially 17th.

for fireworks and lights, theres an awesome uphill area in Ramsey in downtown....just dont leave your car unattended. hahaha :nut:

D'z Nutz
05-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I usually go up nose hill by 14st. Theres a parking lot where you can see most of the city, looks awesome at night

Got any directions? I'd like to see this.

jumperman8
05-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Directions, Get on 14th Street, and look for a turn off up to Nose Hill, it would be right before the hill to go past the winter club/police station, and after the hill if oyur going the other way. Its a mad make out spot, so take a video camera and tap on all the windows. Its a good time.

xDiMSuMx
05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

if ur heading north, go up the hill past the cop shop on your left side and keep going
the hill then goes downwards, take the first left turn into the dark road up to the parking lot
there aren't any lights but sometimes cars leave their headlights on so u might be able to see that

Rockski
05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
i drive to airdrie

you need a better route to drive ;)

when im in calgary i like driving around in the industrial area and around heritage

when your in edmonton (and if its canada day, OR may long sunday night) i seriously reccomend driving through the high level bridge, for those 2 days until 11 o clock (fairly certain) the bridge turns into a waterfall. ifs a fun bridge either way, but when they have the water pouring off of it, its just nuts :D

xDiMSuMx
05-25-2005, 10:50 AM
here's a map
i was bored at work haha

cman
05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
here's a map
i was bored at work haha

HAHAHA wtf, you must be pretty damn bored to actually make that!
should be easy to find with that excellent map though.

Ben
05-25-2005, 01:25 PM
The mountains. Drives out to Canmore are awesome at night, just hop on Hwy 1a, and drive 8/10ths.

BumpinTalon
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ben
The mountains. Drives out to Canmore are awesome at night, just hop on Hwy 1a, and drive 8/10ths.

:werd:
doesn't 1A go to Cochrane first though? :D
cochrane is a bitchin town to drive at night, so many dramatic elevation changes in such a relatively small area. for extra fun, take the 1A until you see the big Gleneagles sign, turn left there, and have fun on the bendies. speed limit is 50, lately there has been po-po hiding by the third and seventh left hand turns early in the day, but it is a fun road to drive. there is also a large under development section with nobody living there yet (first left or first right once you take the left to Gleneagles Drive). you can haul ass there too, there is some interesting corners there...
then you can go back on the 1A, take the 22X south, go up that huge hill past the bridge, take the first right, and if you don't mind gravel roads in your car, head to the end of that road, turn left and have fun... lots of heavily banked gravel corners there, good for e-braking.
or, heading into Cochrane, turn left BEFORE the Gleneagles turn... I think its the only left hand turn heading west on the 1A after it changes from divided to undivided highway... and drive to the end of that road and you have a clear view of the mountains (at dusk) and Cochrane (at night) all lit up. great place to get high or get some, either or, maybe both.

D'z Nutz
05-25-2005, 03:21 PM
jumperman8 & xDiMSuMx: thanks a lot guys! I'll have to check it out.