PDA

View Full Version : gumball rally anyone?

bksze
01-14-2003, 03:26 PM
All this talk about the gumball rally and me watching the video again recently has got me thinking. Anyone of you guys interested in participating in the gumball??? I think it'd be an awesome experience but at $15000, i'm not willing to take my girlfriend on it that's for sure. This year it runs April 17 - 22 from San Fran to Miami, just gauging some interest, chances are that I won't be able to get in this year but next year definitely seems possible if it stays in the states.

rage2
01-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm thinking of running the One Lap... much more fun (and legal). Just not as many hookers hanging around all the time... :rofl:

bksze
01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
the one lap would eb fun too . . . and a lot cheaper .. . only thing is, it'd be so much more fun to check out the enzos, 996s, sl55s, 89 jags hahaaha all the sweetest cars in the world plus some hot women and mad partying . . . besides idon't have mad skills like you do . . . i've never even been on the track, so i'd get embarassed so bad at one lap

we'll see . . . i wouldn't mind doing th one lap just for having the experience, when i get older . . .

rage2
01-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Well they said they got to party at the playboy mansion but in fact all they got to was the door. They had a few tents outside and no playmates :D.

I'd like to do a one lap... anyone wanna sponsor me? :D

bksze
01-14-2003, 04:19 PM
i'd split the csot for one lap with you if you're serious . . .

rage2
01-14-2003, 04:49 PM
I was actually planning on pursuing sponsorship of the event for 2004. 2003 one lap isn't going to happen, since I'll be spending all year learning to dial in both car's suspension setup. I haven't even tracked the AMG yet hehe.

Gotta make sure the car can withstand track after track after track, otherwise it'd be a waste to DNF early on.

Thanks a bunch for the offer, I'll look you up when the car's ready :D.

bksze
01-14-2003, 05:07 PM
that's one my feeling is too . . . take this year to get used to the car . . . or my potentially new car and then hopefully i can make it out to the gumball haah . . .

that'll be the day . . . anyways, good luck with the car

Blue Devil 2
01-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Well they said they got to party at the playboy mansion but in fact all they got to was the door. They had a few tents outside and no playmates :D.

I'd like to do a one lap... anyone wanna sponsor me? :D

They partied in tents outside the mansion? You gotta be kidding me?! :dunno:

rage2
01-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
They partied in tents outside the mansion? You gotta be kidding me?! :dunno:

Yep. They talked about it on one of the large forums (dtmpower maybe?). It was confirmed in the Automobile (I think) article that came out last month.

2.2vtec
01-14-2003, 05:24 PM
making our own little gumball event for practise would be nice. BC and back or something??:dunno:

bksze
01-14-2003, 05:26 PM
haha yea for sure, i'd be up for that . . . van and back hahaa

2.2vtec
01-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by bksze
haha yea for sure, i'd be up for that . . . van and back hahaa

ok seriously who's in? when spring comes around I'm down for sure!

Hipermax_d
01-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by bksze
All this talk about the gumball rally and me watching the video again recently has got me thinking. Anyone of you guys interested in participating in the gumball??? I think it'd be an awesome experience but at $15000, i'm not willing to take my girlfriend on it that's for sure.

how come it costs 15grand to participate?? is that money to bribe the cops to not pull you over???

Stratus_Power
01-14-2003, 06:07 PM
haha if you watched the Jackass Gumball you will know that Cops Pull you over like crazy!!!!!

not this spring but I will definitly in for next spring for a little beyond gumball Vancouver and back :P

Blue Devil 2
01-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

:werd: Count me in.

Dave P
01-15-2003, 01:40 AM
My only life goal is to go on the gumball by the time im 25.

Hopefully i will have a nice enough car by then.

DAVE P

szw
01-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Can someone explain to me what this is??

I am deprived of broadband so I never watch any videos!

Stratus_Power
01-15-2003, 01:53 AM
gumball is basically a whole bunch of Nice cars ( we talking bentley ferrari etc here) driving like 2000-3000 miles non stop or something like that

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
gumball is basically a whole bunch of Nice cars ( we talking bentley ferrari etc here) drive like 2000-3000 miles none stop or something like that doing crazy speeds of course.

haha me and three.eighteen were talking about gumballing back to calgary this weekend.

Ben
01-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
doing crazy speeds of course.

haha me and three.eighteen were talking about gumballing back to calgary this weekend.

Dont.. did one in '01 From Calgary to Edmonton...got snagged just outside Leduc :banghead: in like just over an hour and a bit.

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Dont.. did one in '01 From Calgary to Edmonton...got snagged just outside Leduc :banghead: in like just over an hour and a bit. but ive got a radar detector!

Ben
01-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
but ive got a radar detector!

Doesn't do fuck all then they have a Laser stand.:banghead:

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Doesn't do fuck all then they have a Laser stand.:banghead: hmmmmm well i guess ill be letting nick lead

Hollywood
01-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

I'm in 4 sure. We can hook a group rate at hotel..etc. If you need help organizing later I'll help you out. But I would say more summer than spring. May be hit a beach or something.

szw
01-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Sounds like a bunch of internet forum guys who got together and tried to party....hahaha